Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

PDP Owns Airtel?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Owns Airtel?? (684 Views)

Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters / Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Owns Airtel?? by Korrection(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
I went to visit someone in Edo State to arrange for a golf tournament just before the presidential visit to Benin over the PDP rally last saturday..I hate Politics but in as much as i do, there is nothing i can do but to follow the trends..Was with a friend when a text message was alerted on his mobile phone..He opened it and guess the message he saw
the PDP gubernatorial candidate Gen Charles Airhiavbere sent him a direct text urging him to vote for him...It reads...Hello Dr Osaigbovo Peters..Im your friend Gen.Charles Airhiavbere.the only one you can trust to deliver Edo State from the shackles of kidnap,looting,infrastructural decay and the likes...Vote for me and i will see all your dreams come true....Now the guy was shocked his name was mentioned in the text cos he never knew or met the man one on one..How did Gen.Charles got his airtel number to send him such a text and he must have sent it to thousands also..Now why are our network operators releasing peoples secret information to politians especially PDP...Just curious
Re: PDP Owns Airtel?? by Korrection(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2012
If other operators could do the same then we are truly in trouble for releasing all our information to them in the name of sim registration
Re: PDP Owns Airtel?? by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
They probably paid Airtel to customize the text messages. I think that's an invasion of privacy and Airtel should be sued.
Re: PDP Owns Airtel?? by Korrection(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
If airtel is sued wont the same pdp pervert justice....do you think its wise to do so??
afam4eva: They probably paid Airtel to customize the text messages. I think that's an invasion of privacy and Airtel should be sued.
Re: PDP Owns Airtel?? by naptu2: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
1) It's probably bulk sms.

2) They got his name from the sim registration exercise. This was one of my complaints against the exercise, how do you ensure that the information is not misused and that your privacy is protected.

3) I often get text messages, addressed to me by name, from my service providers (especially when they want to apologise for poor network services).
Re: PDP Owns Airtel?? by Korrection(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
Is revelation of such information a right thing on their part..they definitely want to use it for more harm than good..thought its for catching of criminals...
naptu2: 1) It's probably bulk sms.

2) They got his name from the sim registration exercise. This was one of my complaints against the exercise, how do you ensure that the information is not misused and that your privacy is protected.

3) I often get text messages, addressed to me by name, from my service providers (especially when they want to apologise for poor network services).
Re: PDP Owns Airtel?? by dustydee: 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
sim registration?

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Governor T.A. Orji Is Yet To Recall The Disengaged Public Servants / Cassava Country - Nigeria / Fuel Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn Jonathan To Stop Their Trial Or Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.