Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (30017 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
creme chic:

Before i speak any further with you, i must ask if u have 'lived in', not 'visited' any of these cities, like i said im a PH gal tru and tru and i can tell u categorically dt PH doesnt deserve to be on dt list. did u know dt d bulk of people in ph are not working ib d so-called oil companies? what do ub tink dey are doing? eh? my dear, i lived in jos a while too and i stand by what i said. get ur head ouuta ur arse before talking to and about me next tym..... tongue

My pikin, no be quarrel o! I no knw how you manage see say my head dey yansh..

Thank God sha at least I have visited/lived in all the cities you listed except Asaba... Abel the least you can do is tell us the criteria u based your rating on
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by Nightshift(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Some mathematics: how many mosquitoes live in Lagos? 1 Billion? Perhaps more?
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by kaydwutang(m): 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Abuja
Enugu
Calabar
and
kaduna cool
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Actually!! I absolutely agree with you..

However, one of the things about Calabar is the NNPC depot & the Cement company (UNICEM) has created jobs for many young guys.. However I want to believe that the cashflow in Calabar thrumps that of Owerri (Yahoo Yahoo town) and Enugu (civil servants town).
dumb post of the week, which money is in calabar compared to enugu and owerri , do u even have sense at all
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]There are only two.
Lagos and Calabar.
These are the only safe cities in Nigeria.
And without safety, a city cannot be good enough to even be called BEST![/size]
yea right but crime rate in new york is higher than the whole nigeria even with boko harem yet am sure you see it as a city , besides crime rate in lagos is higher than that of enugu, calabar and owerri so judging by that lagos does not deserve to be caled a city , we will discuss that in another thread
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
vladimiros:

man, Let me give an example. My family has shops at MCC, every Calabar Carnival we double price and sales don't dissapoint

sinc eth Carnival passes through my house, during normal holidays some people just pass by to see, and ask and most times foreigners who are just visiting
its still not enough besides owerri have more influx of people in december than calabar.have you been to the south east in december period? its jam packed with people and things are ten times more expensive that period.
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

I stopped reading after Aba Second to Lagos in terms of money.. Like which Planet do you live on sef?
in terms of money its lagos ,ph ,onitsha and aba
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
jarkatá: Victorial-island
Ikeja
Abuja
Calabar
Portharcout
Uyo
Kaduna
Kano
Asaba
Ilorin
Akure
Minna
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
fubbyy:

Mr man, I was born in owerri (ikenegbu) grew up in owerri, did my primary and secondary sch in owerri, I sch and graduated in unical, this is 8 years for me in this cally town so I'm the best judge to comapre the 2 cities

No money in calabar, am sure of that but you saying that cali is boring made it clear to me that you have never crossed itu bridge let alone coming 2 calabar or maybe you didn't have any money nor know any1 when you visited

Owerri is a refined village, its ok but not 2 compare it liveliness with that of cali, I dislike that town, I even wonder why people are mentioning it here, maybe I feel its this bad because that's where I spent much of my time, "2much familiarity makes the price go down" .....robert green
can you name the cities that are better than owerri , i only started to appreciate enugu where i grew up when i went for my master and travelled across nigeria too plus youth service.
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
creme chic:

Before i speak any further with you, i must ask if u have 'lived in', not 'visited' any of these cities, like i said im a PH gal tru and tru and i can tell u categorically dt PH doesnt deserve to be on dt list. did u know dt d bulk of people in ph are not working ib d so-called oil companies? what do ub tink dey are doing? eh? my dear, i lived in jos a while too and i stand by what i said. get ur head ouuta ur arse before talking to and about me next tym..... tongue
if you remove ph then lagos should be removed too cus they have the same setting,overcrowded with jobless people and disorganised .
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
phreakabit: In no particular order
Abj
Lagos
Aba
Enugu
Owerri
Onitsha
Umuahia
Uyo
Calabar
Nsukka
Abakaliki
Asaba

Nice list right? Yeah I know. . . . wink
better
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by bashr8: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sylverbox: Its Lagos
Abuja
PH
Kano(b4 BH saga)
Jos(wen jos was jos)
Calabar
Onitsha
Enugu
Uyo
Ibadan undecided
Benin undecided
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
bashr8: in terms of money its lagos ,ph ,onitsha and aba

What about Abuja?
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
Olodostein:

what is the cost of living in calabar like? Food, accommodation. Utilities and all that.

Accommodation is standard... 3 bedroom from 300 (Calabar south) to 500 and above (Marian and IBB)... Food is cheap and utilities are the same... Government water also works
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by evastans: 2:17am On Jul 04, 2012
CALABAR , LAGOS ILORIN OWERRI LOKOJA ABUJA AKURE PH ASABA ZARIA UYO
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by uzomagic(m): 6:06am On Jul 04, 2012
1. Abuja
2. Abuja
3. Abuja
4. Abuja
5. Calabar
6. Uyo
7. Lagos
8. P/H
9. Enugu
10. Owerri
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by MrEverest(m): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2012
Some ppl are just makin uninformed guesses here, but as a bonafide citizen of Nigeria who has traversed d nation, here is d authentic list devoid of sentiment, d best 10 in dea order of importance.
Abuja
Lagos
Enugu
Porth-Harcourt
Owerri
Calabar
Uyo
Benin
Akure
Asaba
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by coolzeal(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2012
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. P/H
4. Enugu
5. Owerri
6. Calabar
7. Kaduna
8. Uyo
9. Asaba
10.Benin..etc
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by gRutiE(f): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2012
na wa guys, nobody mention Kano.if i must judge
abuja
enugu
lagos
calaba
kano(not sabon gari o)
owerri
portharcourt
uyo
asaba
why d most terrible nd dirty cities wit bad buildings
warri
lagos(ajegule)
ibadan
kano(sabon gari nd badawa)
abuja (iyanya nd gwagwalaji)
kogi(okene nd others)
anambra(onisha)
etc
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by TheMatrix3: 8:36am On Jul 04, 2012
Orikinla: There are only two.
Lagos and Calabar.
These are the only safe cities in Nigeria.
And without safety, a city cannot be good enough to even be called BEST!

From your comment and your name, you neva travel pass 4 states, abeg, so make just close your mouth dey read comments: "without safety, nye nye nye nye" undecided see your mouth like safety grin

Back to d topic: apart from the recent BH insurgence, I'd say the following but not in any particular order:

Jtown
Lagos
kano
Port harcourt
Abuja
Abuja again
Owerri
KD
Benin

1 Like

Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Accommodation is standard... 3 bedroom from 300 (Calabar south) to 500 and above (Marian and IBB)... Food is cheap and utilities are the same... Government water also works

Fair enough. I know of someone preparing to go for service there and would like know some info before hand. What is the cost of say one room self-contain in a safe vicinity?
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2012
uzomagic: 1. Abuja
2. Abuja
3. Abuja
4. Abuja
5. Calabar
6. Uyo
7. Lagos
8. P/H
9. Enugu
10. Owerri

Why are people glorifying Abuja? A city where an average 3bedroom apartment in the "town" goes for 1.5million naira a year. A city where majority of people there stay in cramed villages and shanty towns built with sands. You know those gwari style houses. Your so called best city where a high % of the inhabitants wait in LONG lines like tolotolos waiting for el-rufai buses to take them back to their respective shanty towns after work. The politicians and other crooks are the ones mostly enjoying the city. You will find very few decent people in the main town.

A city where an average man can't enjoy wholly is not a city worth mentioning. The politicians made it so for themselves to keep the average man away and here you are gloryfying that UNPRODUCTIVE city.
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2012
Olodostein:

Fair enough. I know of someone preparing to go for service there and would like know some info before hand. What is the cost of say one room self-contain in a safe vicinity?

When I did mine, I stayed at Eta Agbo.. (Which is VERY close to Unical) A few meters from the Back gate of Unical.. I paid 150,000 Naira for a years rent.. Although I hated the place, you could get bettter for about the same cost or 20 - 30k more on Marian and IBB which are like the really cool areas.
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by maigaskiya1: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2012
Mr.T Anonymous:
1.Abuja
2.lagos
3.Port-harcourt
4.Calabar
5.Umuahia
6.Akure
7.Ibadan
8.Enugu
9.Oshogbo
10.Plateau
abeg remove akure oshogbo nd ibadan.i kan manage abeokuta.ibadan is big 4 ntng md akure is a local govt
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by esikpogho: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2012
Spirit of Okija: In this order..

1. Lagos

2. Abuja

3. Port-Harcourt

4. Calabar

5. Enugu
6. Uyo

7. Owerri

8. Nna e don finish o!!

NOTE: The Top 4 have all it takes.. Money flows, Night life, Urban, ethinically balanced, fine
Nigeria is divided into thirty-six states and one Federal Capital Territory, which are further sub-divided into 774 Local Government Areas (LGAs). The plethora of states, of which there were only three at independence, reflect the country's tumultuous history and the difficulties of managing such a heterogeneous national entity at all levels of government.
Nigeria has six cities with a population of over 1 million people (from largest to smallest: Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, and Benin City). Lagos is the largest city in sub-Saharan Africa, with a population of over 8 million in its urban area alone. Population of Nigeria's cities over a million are listed belowPopulation of major cities
See also: List of cities in Nigeria
City Population
Lagos 7,937,932
Kano 3,848,885
Ibadan 3,078,400
Kaduna 1,652,844
Port Harcourt 1,320,214
Benin City 1,051,600
Maiduguri 1,044,497
Zaria 1,018,827 statistic last census,
this are the best city in nigeria,i my own opinion onitcha,Aba,calabar,owerri they are all small town and not a city
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

When I did mine, I stayed at Eta Agbo.. (Which is VERY close to Unical) A few meters from the Back gate of Unical.. I paid 150,000 Naira for a years rent.. Although I hated the place, you could get bettter for about the same cost or 20 - 30k more on Marian and IBB which are like the really cool areas.

Well noted. Thank you.
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by Scattermototo: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2012
WHAT OF ABA?MAKE U NA JUST TRY INCLUDE AM.
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by 2great: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
1.LASGIDI-couldnt see a town more urbanised having traveled far,tho som places r horible & d issue of traffic remains enigmatic.Lagos's got no contest wt any oda.Imagine Abj jst welcomin Shoprite wen lagos has upto 3 and a world class ikja citymall dat houses international brands KFC,SWATCH,truworth,diva, etc in all facets of human needs.Dominos pizza & Mcdonalds open soon.its rily a centre of excellence.
2.Abuja,ibadan,akure,calabar,porthacourt,enugu,kaduna,kano in any order

1 Like

Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by emmke(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
JOS ( I love that town)
Abuja
Calabar
Enugu
Kaduna
Owerri.
Lagos ( should be number one but the stress is unbearable)
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
manchy7531: Abuja,lagos(lekki axis),P town,Owerri,Enugu,Asaba,Benin,Ibadan,Calabar,Uyo,J town(jos)Akure,[size=16pt]ilorin[/size]. The rest are dead cities/towns

That city is really a sight to behold. I just wonder why it is not popular. Abi na juju?
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by djbazz(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ph
Owerri
Asaba
Mbaise city
Cally
Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by holums(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
1 Abuja
2 Lagos
3 Port-Harcourt
4 Calabar
5 Ibadan
6 Kano
7 Kaduna
8 Enugu
9 Benin
10 Akure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire / Adventurous Tour Of Tombia Island In Rivers State Via Speed Boat (Pics & Video) / Condition Of Nigeria Rail Terminal In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.