Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin (13341 Views)

Tanzanian Politicians Shun Gej’s Advice, Reject Election Results / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Tambuwal, Obasanjo, Babangida, Others Shun GEJ’s Midterm Report Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 03, 2012

I Did Not Shun Jonathan - Oba of Benin

The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, has refuted publications in some national newspapers that he shunned President Goodluck Jonathan and members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on their recent visit to his palace.

The Benin traditional council, in a statement signed by its secretary and issued on the authority of the traditional ruler, in Benin City, on Monday, described some of the publications as mischievous.

According to the statement, “the palace would like to make it clear that the Omo N’Oba did not shun President Jonathan and the PDP members that came with him.

“In fact, it is the respect and love Omo N’Oba has for the president that made him to still manage to see the president in a private chamber in the palace, despite a complicated situation that day.”

Besides, the statement reminded the public that “three weeks ago, Omo N’Oba waited for over two hours in his open office, where he received Vice-President Namadi Sambo and the PDP chieftains that were in Benin for political rally.

The traditional ruler used the medium to advice politicians to avoid violence in the forthcoming gubernatorial election in the state.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/43520-i-did-not-shun-jonathan-omo-noba
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by redcliff: 1:05am On Jul 03, 2012
We don tire for this story abeg.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 1:06am On Jul 03, 2012
After reading this, the negative comments in that "Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace" thread look like they all came from goats (you know yourselves) and not human beings.

Like I said and like other people have said, there was never any controversy.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:08am On Jul 03, 2012
He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 1:09am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.

^^^^
Like I said, goats. Not humans.

6 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:11am On Jul 03, 2012
“In fact, it is the respect and love Omo N’Oba has for the president that made him to still manage to see the president in a private chamber in the palace, despite a complicated situation that day.”

The above is an insult,adding salt to injury I must say. Complicated my feet.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:13am On Jul 03, 2012
Like I said, goats. Not humans

Thou art a compound fool from a mixed generation of fools and imbeciles
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by PhysicsQED(m): 1:13am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: “In fact, it is the respect and love Omo N’Oba has for the president that made him to still manage to see the president in a private chamber in the palace, despite a complicated situation that day.”

The above is an insult,adding salt to injury I must say. Complicated my feet.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwgSS0GGDN6beEWhIcM4e7H5q33BbGcnCfQOf0kdp8tMq9ko1R[/img]

And what are you gonna do about that statement?

Just shut up and stop whining over nothing.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jason123: 1:17am On Jul 03, 2012
Yawns . . .
Wetin go con happen now?! Some people don't just get it; apart from the paid agents, no one really cares whether GEJ was snubbed or not. Abegi!

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jason123: 1:18am On Jul 03, 2012
Oba of Benin, respect anyday anytime!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2012
@jason
Grow up that's the only advise I hv for kids
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by jason123: 1:25am On Jul 03, 2012
@ifihearam
Point is, you are stressing yourself over nothing! Only paid agents do that!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:28am On Jul 03, 2012
Ohhhhh. Whosoever does not see reasons from your point of view is whining abi?

Mtchewww
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by bokohalal(m): 1:31am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: He has been warned of the dangers ahead and the anger of the president hence this apologetic publication. I trust presido,he will still deal with the oba one way or the other. Apparently those close to him must have warned him,anyways let's see how the drama unfolds. IMO the oba phuckt up big time.
Only a fool could have written the above. The statement from the Oba Palace is a clarification and in no way an apology.Many people have been interpreting what transpired at the Palace.
Can you tell us what they warned the Oba about?

Know that only death takes the throne from an Oba of Benin.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by wesley80(m): 1:34am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Ohhhhh. Whosoever does not see reasons from your point of view is whining abi?

Mtchewww

Why don't u just take your colleagues advice and shut your trap? Its not like you've got anything meaningful to bleat say.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by DSoj(m): 1:36am On Jul 03, 2012
Me I sha don't undstand al dis brouhaha. Na by force? D report said, d Oba met with GEJ in his inner chambers not the open palace where d oda delegates esp d PDP aspirant was.
GEJ thinks he can bulldoze his way into a palace, force d King to put his staff on d PDP aspirant so they'l go to town and say the oba endorsed the PDP aspirant? Taaaaa... Oba na mumu? He has been king way b4 GEJ dreamt of becomin dep gov...Abeg, al dis talk of dealing with d oba na thrash...Na Benin o. No be owu o...

10 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 03, 2012
Interesting!!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 03, 2012

The Oba can't be messed with...

And traditional rulers are the custodians of our culture - they deserve more respect..

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by ifihearam: 1:49am On Jul 03, 2012
And traditional rulers are the custodians of our culture - they deserve more respect..

Ehen? traditional rulers deserve more respect than the president of a country??na wa for some people sha.
By all standards traditional rulers are equal to local government chairmen cos they share equal responsibilities.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by wesley80(m): 1:56am On Jul 03, 2012
shymmex:

The Oba can't be messed with...

The Oba is a noble and upright man and considering the accomplishments of Oshiomhole in Edo state, he wld have to hate his kingdom to support some other candidate for whatsoever reason.
That said, political power holds sway in Nigeria today which explains why the Oba was at one time suspended from the Edo state traditional council (If I recall correctly) by a certain riffraff military Governor of the state after some perceived pressure from the "Igbins". The suspension caused an outrage at the time but the lesson here is that Politicians still very much call the shots on these shores.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by dayokanu(m): 2:03am On Jul 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by brownlord: 2:19am On Jul 03, 2012

I know you must be sleeping while you type this, two things is clear may be your brain was completely shut down while writing this and as a result you did not think before acting, or the same madness passed on to you by your fore fathers started in the early hours of the day, which ever, when you eake up please read your post over and over again and see how stupid you are

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 03, 2012
I am not surprised.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Pastorniga: 2:36am On Jul 03, 2012
Oba of Benin is one of the greatest traditional stools that have operated before the birth of Nigeria. Give the stool some credence it deserve. President or PDP or ACN or any other group cant do much about their decisions.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Demdem2: 2:54am On Jul 03, 2012
The beloved oba don't even need to explain anything. Hope the retardeen has learnt his lessons.
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by dayokanu(m): 2:58am On Jul 03, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/744371_President-jonathan-snubbed_jpegf1401446561c75168ada9e13ef92994a[/img]

That picture is a classic.

Ukwu Okpolokpolor Omo n Oba Erediauwa may your days be long.

For putting Retardeen Odechukwu in his place

See the king swagg, unlike the m0r0nic Retardeen

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSym349tDKjWiTQ2c5Ab1rjmyJXsf2EZwnFO4FsJTRrby6cbHVn[/img]

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by 2gbasky22(m): 3:08am On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=dayokanu]Retardeen punked once again

dey there dey wait, u go grow bie bie........oba don go him inner chamber wit his newest wife!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Obiagu1(m): 3:28am On Jul 03, 2012
All dis talk tire me. Na by force to see someone in your house/palace? If the President did not inform the Oba before coming, let him deal with it a beg. If the President just enter my house without informing me and I wasn't in the mood to see him, na soldiers he go take drag me out of my bedroom else he go wait tire.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by segunjowo(m): 3:31am On Jul 03, 2012
Hahaha..
I jes like this drama..
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by Carlmax(m): 4:07am On Jul 03, 2012

Deal with!! How?... The Oba is not to be seen at certain times, for him 2 manage 2 see the president in his private chambers shows d respect he has for Jonathan and also he was trying not to send a wrong message 2 politicians... If U recall it was because of the insistent of some europeans to see his grandfather that caused the war that almost destroyed Benin kingdom..

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by signified: 4:10am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: And traditional rulers are the custodians of our culture - they deserve more respect..

Ehen? traditional rulers deserve more respect than the president of a country??na wa for some people sha.
By all standards traditional rulers are equal to local government chairmen cos they share equal responsibilities.

@ifihearam

At last, you have been able to convince me that you are indeed a big baby! or alternatively, an educated illiterate!!
Re: I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin by kiyosaki1(m): 4:25am On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Like I said, goats. Not humans

Thou art a compound fool from a mixed generation of fools and imbeciles
Is the above your family's botanical name.The name fit una die I no envy una o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency / Buhari Hails Super Falcons For Winning AWCON 2016 / Court Ruling On IPOB As Terrorist Group Denigration Of Judiciary - Ohaneze Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.