Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? (818 Views)

Will Africa's Black Spring Be Like The Arab Spring? Burkina Faso / Will Africa Bear The Brunt Of The Failures In Warsaw? Senator @bukolasaraki / Would The World Be A Better Place If Women Rule Every Affair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Respectwomen(m): 1:41am On Jul 04, 2012
Some times i wonder what if the europeans were still in charge of Africa will we have seen a different result in Africa. Africa We have everthing but yet nothing to show for. Sometimes i think we would have been better off fighting for freedom rather than Independence. Just look at south africa see what the British did over there and look at South Africa now, now that the blacks are in charge, Aids,slums,robberies,crime all on the rise.Were we ready to rule our selves or our leaders made a mistake?

I want to hear what everybody think.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 04, 2012
lol
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by OilCabal: 2:33am On Jul 04, 2012
they will come back to rule you....FOOOL.....low self esteem bastard
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Kazeem1987: 3:01am On Jul 04, 2012
Who's we? Your from America grin. We aren't the same. I'd rather die a slow and painful death than allow the Europeans to take charge again. I feel sorry for you African Americans with your slave mindsets.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by dasparrow: 3:56am On Jul 04, 2012
Respectwomen: Some times i wonder what if the europeans were still in charge of Africa will we have seen a different result in Africa. Africa We have everthing but yet nothing to show for. Sometimes i think we would have been better off fighting for freedom rather than Independence. Just look at south africa see what the British did over there and look at South Africa now, now that the blacks are in charge, Aids,slums,robberies,crime all on the rise.Were we ready to rule our selves or our leaders made a mistake?

I want to hear what everybody think.

If you want the white man to come and rule over you and your family, be my guest. As for me and my family and probably many others, we say no! Most europeans and their descendants don't particularly like Africans. Have you ever lived abroad before? Go see the way they treat African/black people in their respective countries. First of all, if you invite them to come and rule over you in Africa, they will segregate themselves from you. Then they will develop only that part of the country where they intend to settle or live in while you live in your slums and filth. They will make sure they get the best paying jobs while you get the low paying boy-boy jobs without opportunity for career advancement. Soon, they will begin to impose curfew on you even if there is no unrest in your city, town or village. They might come up with laws to stop yourself or your children from going to school and getting a sound education even if you can afford one. They will choose all the nice areas for themselves and limit you to all the crappy areas.

You will be prohibited from going to certain parts of your own country, in other words, limited movement all because oyibo man said so. So, if you want to be a slave and have people of other racial groups who don't even like you and are not fond of you reign over you till eternity in your own homeland, then I guess so be it. Just make sure that you give them your village, town or state but leave other states, towns and cities out of it because some of us still have our dignity intact.

You have to understand that the only reason Africa is not moving forward is because of our predominately backward cultural mindset that has no room in this fast paced 21st century. For example, as a people, we make way more children than we can comfortably cater for. When someone tries to correct us, we are quick to tell the person that 'children are a blessing from God and that God will provide.' We forget that our God shall not be put to the test. Sew your coat according to your size and you won't have a bunch of hungry children on your neck that tomorrow will grow up to become kidnappers, terrorists, drug traffickers, internet scammers and .prosti.tutes in Italy all because you could not afford them with a better life and a sound education while they were growing up.

Another problem is tribalism within Africa. It is so bad that we Nigerians for instance have bluntly and stubbornly refused to vote in leaders that can move the country forward. All we care about is if the person running for presidency is a member of our tribe. How does that matter in the grand scheme of things? If our tribesman cannot perform, we all suffer the consequences down the line.

Next problem is our people's extreme love and greed for money and material possessions. It does not mean that the white man does not love money but they also take time out to reach out to the less fortunate in society. They contribute money to non profit organizations for various philanthropic causes to help the less fortunate in their societies and beyond or even the environment. They put certain amenities and social welfare programs in place to benefit those who are financially strugling. African man however is too busy eating, drinking and growing a big beer belly while taking advantage of the poor because all he cares about is himself and his immediate family. Even if everyone around him is dying, he does not care as long as he is comfortable. We want the poor to worship us and keep hailing/patronizing us addressing us as 'chief, oga, boss, madam' while we walk around with inflated egos and look down upon others who can't match our wealth or possessions.

We are a Selfish and self centered people and for the most part wicked. That is what we Africans are to one another. We only show kindness to people who look different from us. We cannot even find it in our heart to adopt an orphan within our societies or treat other people's children the way we treat ours. We generally frown at the idea of adoption. Yet a european will adopt an African orphan and love and treat that child like he/she is their biological child.

Another problem is immense gender discrimination. If 50% of the population are women and culture dictates that they should be seen and not heared, how can women contribute their quota to society? Notice that women have certain amounts of rights in western/advanced nations and thus freely contribute their own share of knowledge, career expertise, research, and politics to their respective countries. On the other hand, what does the African do? Turn their women into slaves in the home, beat them up, turn them into intense baby making machines, blame them for everything that goes wrong in their lives, put pressure on them to give birth to a specific gender of baby (usually male) as if it is humanly possible for a woman to influence what gender the baby in her womb will turn out to be during reproduction. African women are seen as inferior who should only be in the kitchen cooking, cleaning and giving..intimacy no matter how tired they are. They are made to share husbands all in the name of polygamy and their vjays mutilated as young girls. How can African countries grow /develop and compete in the commity of nations when African culture approves of this form of immense maltreatment and bondage based on gender?

Lastly, look at our politicians. They will loot the treasury dry and then run to the western world for medical treatment. I wish a time will come when europeans and north americans will refuse to treat these greedy African heiffers. In short, the African is his own worst enemy because we have no love and compassion in our hearts for each other. As long as we and our families are comfortable, everyone else can go to hell. Hence, even if a european comes to rule us, it will only benefit them the europeans and their people but it will not benefit we Africans. We Africans know the solution to our numerous problems but we don't want to drop our retrogressive cultures and selfish mindsets. No one can save the African but the African himself. So let the suffering continue until we sit up!

1 Like

Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 04, 2012
bastard
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Respectwomen(m): 5:21am On Jul 04, 2012
I am sorry if i have offended anybody, what i was trying to say is are we better off with our corrupted leaders or will we have been better off with the europeans rule,meaning they come back with good mindset to move as forward not slavery again. Again am sorry if i have offended anyone. Thank you.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Respectwomen(m): 5:23am On Jul 04, 2012
olas2u: bastard
Sorry to offend.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Respectwomen(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2012
Oil_Cabal: they will come back to rule you....FOOOL.....low self esteem bastard
AM sorry to anger you i did not meant to anger anybody.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by Respectwomen(m): 5:27am On Jul 04, 2012
dasparrow:

If you want the white man to come and rule over you and your family, be my guest. As for me and my family and probably many others, we say no! Most europeans and their descendants don't particularly like Africans. Have you ever lived abroad before? Go see the way they treat African/black people in their respective countries. First of all, if you invite them to come and rule over you in Africa, they will segregate themselves from you. Then they will develop only that part of the country where they intend to settle or live in while you live in your slums and filth. They will make sure they get the best paying jobs while you get the low paying boy-boy jobs without opportunity for career advancement. Soon, they will begin to impose curfew on you even if there is no unrest in your city, town or village. They might come up with laws to stop yourself or your children from going to school and getting a sound education even if you can afford one. They will choose all the nice areas for themselves and limit you to all the crappy areas.

You will be prohibited from going to certain parts of your own country, in other words, limited movement all because oyibo man said so. So, if you want to be a slave and have people of other racial groups who don't even like you and are not fond of you reign over you till eternity in your own homeland, then I guess so be it. Just make sure that you give them your village, town or state but leave other states, towns and cities out of it because some of us still have our dignity intact.

You have to understand that the only reason Africa is not moving forward is because of our predominately backward cultural mindset that has no room in this fast paced 21st century. For example, as a people, we make way more children than we can comfortably cater for. When someone tries to correct us, we are quick to tell the person that 'children are a blessing from God and that God will provide.' We forget that our God shall not be put to the test. Sew your coat according to your size and you won't have a bunch of hungry children on your neck that tomorrow will grow up to become kidnappers, terrorists, drug traffickers, internet scammers and .prosti.tutes in Italy all because you could not afford them with a better life and a sound education while they were growing up.

Another problem is tribalism within Africa. It is so bad that we Nigerians for instance have bluntly and stubbornly refused to vote in leaders that can move the country forward. All we care about is if the person running for presidency is a member of our tribe. How does that matter in the grand scheme of things? If our tribesman cannot perform, we all suffer the consequences down the line.

Next problem is our people's extreme love and greed for money and material possessions. It does not mean that the white man does not love money but they also take time out to reach out to the less fortunate in society. They contribute money to non profit organizations for various philanthropic causes to help the less fortunate in their societies and beyond or even the environment. They put certain amenities and social welfare programs in place to benefit those who are financially strugling. African man however is too busy eating, drinking and growing a big beer belly while taking advantage of the poor because all he cares about is himself and his immediate family. Even if everyone around him is dying, he does not care as long as he is comfortable. We want the poor to worship us and keep hailing/patronizing us addressing us as 'chief, oga, boss, madam' while we walk around with inflated egos and look down upon others who can't match our wealth or possessions.

We are a Selfish and self centered people and for the most part wicked. That is what we Africans are to one another. We only show kindness to people who look different from us. We cannot even find it in our heart to adopt an orphan within our societies or treat other people's children the way we treat ours. We generally frown at the idea of adoption. Yet a european will adopt an African orphan and love and treat that child like he/she is their biological child.

Another problem is immense gender discrimination. If 50% of the population are women and culture dictates that they should be seen and not heared, how can women contribute their quota to society? Notice that women have certain amounts of rights in western/advanced nations and thus freely contribute their own share of knowledge, career expertise, research, and politics to their respective countries. On the other hand, what does the African do? Turn their women into slaves in the home, beat them up, turn them into intense baby making machines, blame them for everything that goes wrong in their lives, put pressure on them to give birth to a specific gender of baby (usually male) as if it is humanly possible for a woman to influence what gender the baby in her womb will turn out to be during reproduction. African women are seen as inferior who should only be in the kitchen cooking, cleaning and giving..intimacy no matter how tired they are. They are made to share husbands all in the name of polygamy and their vjays mutilated as young girls. How can African countries grow /develop and compete in the commity of nations when African culture approves of this form of immense maltreatment and bondage based on gender?

Lastly, look at our politicians. They will loot the treasury dry and then run to the western world for medical treatment. I wish a time will come when europeans and north americans will refuse to treat these greedy African heiffers. In short, the African is his own worst enemy because we have no love and compassion in our hearts for each other. As long as we and our families are comfortable, everyone else can go to hell. Hence, even if a european comes to rule us, it will only benefit them the europeans and their people but it will not benefit we Africans. We Africans know the solution to our numerous problems but we don't want to drop our retrogressive cultures and selfish mindsets. No one can save the African but the African himself. So let the suffering continue until we sit up!
Thank for you kinds words.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by israelbenzion: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2012
[quote author=Respectwomen]I am sorry if i have offended anybody, what i was trying to say is are we better off with our corrupted leaders or will we have been better off with the europeans rule,meaning they come back with good mindset to move as forward not slavery again. Again am sorry if i have offended anyone. Thank you.[/quotemy dear u hv the right to ur own opinions and u do not need to apologise for it. infact, i hv always tot the same tin. of course we wud hv been better off in terms of infrastructure and the economy. about segregation and all that, definitely we will hv a raw deal, but we wud hv had better roads, steady light, better rail transport, less looting, etc. so it is up to u to weigh which option u prefer.
but u dont need to apologise. u have d right to hold any opinion, no matter how far-fetched it seems or how many people get offended. that is why this is a forum: say ur mind.
Re: Will Africa Be A Good Place If The Europeans Comeback To Rule? by edogram1(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2012
I'll agree with u if we don't ve independent so quick. Our leaders don't knw anything before asking for that. We would have getting independent year 2000.

(1) (Reply)

Can National Assembly Ever Impeach Goodluck? / Kano State Govt. Stops Pilgrimage Sponsorship, Buying Sallah Rams / Survivors Of Deeper Life Bible Church Attack Count Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.