Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan (18795 Views)

Jonathan Bans Gmb From Receiving International Visitors And Guests Till May 29 / Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Clerverly: 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
Th gods are wise. Jona go back and tackle the Security, Economic and Security Challenges facing the already raped country. Enough said.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
The Oba of Benin is a toast. Hope gods will come to his aid when the full tons of Federal might descends on him. He will discover that it's the politicians that grants him power. Can u imagine doing this to Abacha? This damage control is unnecessary. If u want to eat frog, eat the biggest frog and be proud to answer the name 'frog-eater'.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10: The Oba of Benin is a toast. Hope gods will come to his aid when the full tons of Federal might descends on him. He will discover that it's the politicians that grants him power. Can u imagine doing this to Abacha? This damage control is unnecessary. If u want to eat frog, eat the biggest frog and be proud to answer the name 'frog-eater'.

Did the palace officially make this claim? Or did "unnamed sources" make this claim? (I know you're fond of questioning the veracity of sources and their claims.)

Did Abacha ever visit the Oba of Benin? (No)

Was Abacha ever president of Nigeria? (No)

Abacha could have done anything to your whole family and you would have smiled and taken it on the chin, since apparently you respect Abacha so much.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Mrhod: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
What is so special in a selfish president. D oba has every right not 2 see him, because he is not a politica apointee. Y has gej not bein 2 d trouble states. If not 4 money many pple would shun him 2.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by honeric01(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The gods that cant help him to reduce armed robbery,kidnapping,human trafficking and pro-stitution in bini ? Na soso curse the god sabi.mschew

You are already displaying symptoms of madness, it's still early though, stop this act before it becomes too late for you.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by honeric01(m): 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10: The Oba of Benin is a toast. Hope gods will come to his aid when the full tons of Federal might descends on him. He will discover that it's the politicians that grants him power. Can u imagine doing this to Abacha? This damage control is unnecessary. If u want to eat frog, eat the biggest frog and be proud to answer the name 'frog-eater'.

Small pikin you be. you wan dance naked for village square abi?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by manny4life(m): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Nwokem, you are toying with madness.. Becareful lest you become a performer in the market.. The Gods are wise..

Bia mmuo okija, is your god even that powerful? You believe so much in this your spirituality, grin grin grin
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Did the palace officially make this claim? Or did "unnamed sources" make this claim? (I know you're fond of questioning the veracity of sources and their claims.)

Did Abacha ever visit the Oba of Benin? (No)

Was Abacha ever president of Nigeria? (No)

Abacha could have done anything to your whole family and you would have smiled and taken it on the chin, since apparently you respect Abacha so much.

Haba Mr. Physics! Why single me out? BTW, I can't decipher your point. Can state it clearly?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

Haba Mr. Physics! Why single me out? BTW, I can't decipher your point. Can state it clearly?

Okay, I probably shouldn't have singled out your response. I was going to comment on Bluetooth's comments, but I realized that I don't really have a reason to take him seriously.

I have yet to understand why some Nigerians think that heads of state can barge in on someone, and, when that person doesn't greet them publicly (for whatever reason) instead of privately, the person that they barged in on is the one that committed some huge social gaffe or mistake. It makes no sense to me.

It's like you guys are all reasoning backwards. It all seems to be about ethnicity (Bini or non-Bini) or politics (PDP or ACN) rather than common sense.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Small pikin you be. you wan dance naked for village square abi?

I can see that your Oba is no more the custodian of Benin culture, tradition and language. He is now the custodian of madness, and dispenses it at will. But those shyt aint potent on me.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

He meant evil spirits he inherited from his ancestors right ?

That evil spirit is being sent your way.

Since many people are implying federal might why not employ same to deal with the social vices you mentioned? At least they cursed.What has your almighty federal government done?

Understand that the worst Abacha or Obasanjo would have done is the same for Jonathan; banishment(awua). But it would not stop The Omo n'Oba from being Omo n'Oba.It is a unique system and you have to be Edo to understand it. Do not compare it with your Yoruba royalty or any other one you may know.

1 Like

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

I can see that your Oba is no more the custodian of Benin culture, tradition and language. He is now the custodian of madness, and dispenses it at will. But those shyt aint potent on me.

Internet good o.

Go to the nearest Bini man or woman you know and say same to his/her face. A we ekia!
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
gboss4sure: Odikwa egwu. The oba was doing some incantations and sacrifice abi. I hope say benin people no de sacrifice human beings to their God's

we dey do and na U we go take start..mtchewww
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
bokohalal:

Internet good o.

Go to the nearest Bini man or woman you know and say same to his/her face. A we ekia!

Why should I do that? I don't violate people's sensitivity. BTW, I have many friends from Edo including some from Royal family. I'm only responding to those posters that are threatening every critics with madness.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by honeric01(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

You sabi make mouth, easy to spot mouthy like you.. try am for real life see whether u go get tongue take talk.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by manosteel(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
Whatever joor, shun him or receive him, how would that add to our lives.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
gods...my foot since when the gods approve b4 that eediot of a man can see the C-in-C!
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
I wonder why people overate mortals like them.abegi,this local chief is just being overated.Did lucky igbenedion not deal with him when he was the governor of the state ?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

You sabi make mouth, easy to spot mouthy like you.. try am for real life see whether u go get tongue take talk.

ACM10:
Why should I do that? I don't violate people's sensitivity. BTW, I have many friends from Edo including some from Royal family. I'm only responding to those posters that are threatening every critics with madness.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

Just read the above post and reconcile that with your earlier posts. Your friends do not know you.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by naptu2: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
Are we in a democracy or a dictatorship
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I wonder why people overate mortals like them.abegi,this local chief is just being overated.Did lucky igbenedion not deal with him when he was the governor of the state ?

You are very ignorant. It is obvious that no one can learn anything from you. Just keep your olodoism to yourself.

Fall out.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
manny4life:

Bia mmuo okija, is your god even that powerful? You believe so much in this your spirituality, grin grin grin

I am not spiritual but I have a alot of respect for the gods of my fore fathers...
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by mightiersa: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The gods that cant help him to reduce armed robbery,kidnapping,human trafficking and pro-stitution in bini ? Na soso curse the god sabi.mschew
:-DHehehe:-D
he who offends God can be forgiven but he that ridicules the god..................fill in d gap
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
bokohalal:
[s]
You are very ignorant. It is obvious that no one can learn anything from you. Just keep your olodoism to yourself.

Fall out.[/s]
Nonsense. . . .Just cuz I tried to snub the spiritual bullshit attached to your mortal oba,you are here bitchin like an idi*ot. . .Gofuckyourself.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ifihearam: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
@bluetooth
It was Gabriel ibgins that dealt with the oba,they over rate this oba I swear,when igbenedion went to america and england to claim he was the oba,nothing happened to him,all he got was a suspension that never lasted,when the oba trekked from the court to his palace as a result of igbins blocking his car with his own ride,the oba or their yeye gods never struck.
It is when his excellency visited that their toothless gods cld speak abi
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by honeric01(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: @bluetooth
It was Gabriel ibgins that dealt with the oba,they over rate this oba I swear,when igbenedion went to america and england to claim he was the oba,nothing happened to him,all he got was a suspension that never lasted,when the oba trekked from the court to his palace as a result of igbins blocking his car with his own ride,the oba or their yeye gods never struck.
It is when his excellency visited that their toothless gods cld speak abi

And what happened thereafter to the Gabriel Ibgins?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Okay, I probably shouldn't have singled out your response. I was going to comment on Bluetooth's comments, but I realized that I don't really have a reason to take him seriously.

I have yet to understand why some Nigerians think that heads of state can barge in on someone, and, when that person doesn't greet them publicly (for whatever reason) instead of privately, the person that they barged in on is the one that committed some huge social gaffe or mistake. It makes no sense to me.

It's like you guys are all reasoning backwards. It all seems to be about ethnicity (Bini or non-Bini) or politics (PDP or ACN) rather than common sense.

I'm independent, so I have no political affiliation whatsoever. Neither do I view this event through tribal lens. I'm only trying to be as objective as possible. The Oba's action is disrespectful to the office of the president. He is the Oba of Benin and subject to the power of the presidency. Some protocols needs to be waived in this circumstance. Afterall, did the Portugese give Oba prior notice in the 15th century of their coming? Disrespect is not relative and I fault Oba on this one.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

And what happened thereafter to the Gabriel Ibgins?

He was suspended and later RECALLED to the palace.Haha money pass juju grin the gods are not smiling.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: @bluetooth

Where are you getting this nonsense from?

Go back to chewing grass.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

I'm independent, so I have no political affiliation whatsoever. Neither do I view this event through tribal lens. I'm only trying to be as objective as possible. The Oba's action is disrespectful to the office of the president. He is the Oba of Benin and subject to the power of the presidency. Some protocols needs to be waived in this circumstance. Afterall, did the Portugese give Oba prior notice in the 15th century of their coming? Disrespect is not relative and I fault Oba on this one.

This is exactly what I mean by backwards reasoning. If this is how Nigerians think, then maybe there's really no hope.

The Portuguese did not barge in on anybody's palace in Benin. Maybe it's because they had more sense back then than some of us have today.

And if you barge in on somebody, how can you or others complain that they can only see you privately?

People are so eager to talk about a snub because of unnamed sources in the palace, but they conveniently and deliberately ignore where the Oba was willing to wait for the VP to be ready to talk to him in a statement from an actual identified source in the palace.

And for goodness sake, everybody in the country including the president is subject to the laws of the constitution and their state laws, which are written by individuals presumably elected by the people.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ifihearam: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Mr physics
It will shock you to know that I knw very much of what transpires in edo state,should in case you were not born then,pls ask your father he will tell you how igbins divided the palace chiefs and bought some to himself. The ridicule the oba has suffered from igbins is immeasurable.

Igbins has no regard for the oba and yet the gods have not struck him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 / Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno / Aregbesola Yet To Appoint Cabinet Two Years Into Second Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.