Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation (1105 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by HammedSodiqq: 11:43am On Jul 04, 2012
I was one of the ardent followers of Pastor Bakare in the 90s. He was one of the movers who stirred us into praying for our dear nation. This priestly role was most noble, as he was held in high esteem by even people of other faiths. However the honour this great teacher of the Bible enjoys has continued to dwindle in the last few years, owing principally to his unrestricted attacks on constituted authority. Pastor Bakare has failed to realize that even callous king Cyrus was called the lords annointed in the Bible. Wicked Nero was the emperor of Rome when the early church suffered great persecution and he equally supervised the cruxifiction of Apostle Peter and the beheading of Paul, yet Paul while writing to his son Timothy shortly before he was killed, admonished him to pray for those in authority(1Tim.2:1-2). Hence, the recent tirade by of Pastor Bakare where he called the President Jonathan unprintable names is to say the least appalling. We may not agree totally with the Govt but one thing that is most needful is for us to pray for constituted authority rather than pull them down. When Paul called on the children to obey their parents, it was irrespective of how well such parent behaved; rather, we were called to honour the office they occupy. Please Pastor Bakare, you CANNOT gain our support if you out rightly disrespect the man God has commissioned as the C-in-C in such a time like this. Please learn to Honour Mr. President, it is the most scriptural thing to do.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by Euroclydon(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2012
Hmmn...U dey fall my hand Pastor...
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by folex101: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2012
Thou man of God...... Bakare, your priestly role should be helping Nigeria towards greatness and not pulling it down by continuous destructive comments on Govt functionaries and inciting the minds of people negatively.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by Walecole74: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
Like mentor like protégée, I now see why God frustrated both Buhari & Bakare; the two desperatos would have set Nigeria on fire.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by amdy08: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
God knws why he ordained GEJ 2 lead 9ja* in a time like dis.past. Bakare,please respect God's choicee and wait for your own tyme .
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by Euroclydon(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
A friend of mine was embarrased during Service at Latter Rain Last sunday when BAKARE displayed ignorance of the Bible...and avoiding the vital and most needful. Pls stop dis Pastor.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by Stallion77(f): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
Oga Pastor has since derailed from being a prophet. This same man who vehemently attacked buhari in d past has desperately alligned. Desperation for power can actually make a man like you go gaga!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by abes(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
40-Laptop Squad. grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by MurphyT1: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
The so acclaimed pastor has fast lost touch with the gospel which he claims to preach...I cnt imagine my self sit in church on Sunday mrg ready to b rejuvenated by d word of God, and a man who calls himself a pastor stands in front of me and spit out derogatory words on the president, due to is quest for to b in power, this is so disappointing and absurd....if the president does wot u think is wrong, as a man of God whom he claims to b, wouldn't it b nice to offer prayers..I know the Lord will deliver us frm the last days false prophet...we all hav a role to play to take our country to the next level, whether as individuals or as a church.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by BeraBera(f): 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
Pastor Bakare is just an angry man,maybe he was deprived during his childhood,how can a pastor be always bitter?,he harasses people in his Church,I pity those who are the front row.Because he lost in the 2011 general elections,he is busy abusing the Presiident of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.Dr. Jonathan is more honorable in God's side than a so called man of God who does not know the God of men.Bakare,President Jonathan is your leader and you should respect him because he is above you.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by bubadaniel13: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
I doubt if Pastor Bakare was ever called or chosen by God to work for Him,because his lifestyle is different from a man who knows and serves God,how can you be abusing a whole President?if he knows the Bible well,even if the President falters he will pray for him,but to make his Church a political ground,where he mixes the word of God and his bitter politics it's very sad.Pastor Bakare is not a good leader,because good leaders are good followers,the confused Pastor should keep quiet and ask God to help him identify his talents and gifts elsewhere other than the Church cos he has failed in this aspect.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by Kunlebabs375: 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
Tunde Bakare is obviously a man of controversy not because he has the interst of the country at heart. The creation of his church and SAVE NIGERIA GROUP is solely for political propaganda. One can clearly see that his church has been politicised as well as the Save Nigeria group. For a man who claimed to be the senior pastor and a founder of a church to be closely associated with a Muslim cleric(aplogies to the Muslims) General Buhari in the last presidential election should in a reasonable volume communicate to Nigerians that his various role in the removal of fuel subsidy and subsequent criticism of Goodluck's style of leadership were all born out of egoetic interest and inordinate ambitions.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare: Between "Let Us Carry Jesus Up" And Political Desperation by HammedSodiqq: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
The last time I Checked, God said concerning the Levi(priest), I have chosen them from amongst you. He also mandated us to obey them. One naturally expects that a true man of God should teach his followers this Devine directive. Again When Some Israelites conspired against Moses, God responded swiftly. Leaders are appointed by God and must be obeyed, except Bakare wants Nigerians to believe that God was not alive, or asleep when Jonathan was elected. The earlier he rediscovers the path of righteousness, and begins to obey those in authority, the better for him. We know Biblical teachings and Men of God who truly follow HIS WORDS. For Bakare, let's watch and hope that he doesn't mislead Gods people

(1) (Reply)

. / Gov Oshiomhole Doing The "Kukere" Dance With Aki And Paw Paw / How Can 47,000 Naira Minister's Son Cap Be Stolen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.