Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare (35485 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / APC Leaders And Blocs In Fierce Battle Over Buhari's Ministerial List / Power Blocs Backing Buhari – Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Clerverly: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said a majority of those that constitute the power blocs in the country are in support of All Progressives Congress pres‎idential candidate, Muhammad Buhari.

He said this while speaking on the theme, ‘Nigeria beyond 2015′, at a public lecture organised by Angola Hall of Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State, on Wednesday.

According to him, power blocs in any country influence and determine winners during elections.

The Nigerian power blocs, he said, were peoples vote, council of state, clerics, governors, traditional rulers, top entrepreneurs and retired generals.

The cleric said, “Peoples vote determines electoral victory anywhere in the world, the entrenched power blocs determine electoral victory more than anything. There are six or seven political blocs entrenched in Nigeria. The incumbent president and former head of states – council of state. From the council of states, we have two candidates – one former head of state and one incumbent president. There are six others that I want you to consider on whose side they are.

“Traditional rulers, retired generals, who have tasted power, who can you say clearly is the person they are supporting? The governors and let us consider the corporate boys, who are the men of commerce. Where is Aliko Dangote, Otedola,Tony Elumelu and others?

“Look at those who control the large constituents of people on Sunday. Tell me who is Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor backing? Those who influence voting are doing so behind the scene and when the results come, we say ‘they have cheated us’.

“Don’t be deceived by what they say in the paper, a lot happens behind the scene. I agree with you, I have said earlier that my loyalty lies with Buhari and maybe because I am an insider, I know better than you.”

If Buhari emerges victorious, the pastor noted that 100 days would be too much to hand over power to the APC candidate.

He said, “If we don’t run it (Nigeria) properly, we will be running into a major storm that can consume us. The February 2015 election further provides the incubator for the hatching of the dreaded scenarios.

“Nigeria has a way of throwing up anti-climax. If Buhari wins, what will happen between March and May. It is too long a time.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/power-blocs-backing-buhari-bakare/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by FreeGlobe(f): 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
yoruba power blocs cannot hand Buhari presidency. This is not south west

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
I suspect TY Danjuma and all ex military heads of state are backing Buhari.
Jonathan is in trouble!

120 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by DesChyko: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nigeria is too educated to be represented by that 'misfit'.
The constitution should also be reviewed. If there must be that age limit, With our level of education, M.Sc, M.BA levels and their equivalents should be the lowest requirements.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
The most divine power is behind him too.

DesChyko:
The constitution should also be reviewed. If there must be that age limit, With out level of education, M.Sc, M.BA levels and their equivalents should be the lowest requirements.

How has your fedora/undertaker gown wearing boss with fake PhD performed so far??

171 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by BlackTechnology: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
Surely they shall gather but won't prevail

After all who wan lose his oil well grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Change2015(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Surely they shall gather but won't prevail

After all who wan lose his oil well grin

Obviously you know nothing about the oil industry. The major players have been entrenched for decades, no matter the government in power.

#change
#GMB
#APC

56 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Mogidi: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=18pt]Carry go[/size] (the power bloc clapping for GEJ)

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by BlackTechnology: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Change2015:

Obviously you know nothing about the oil industry. The major players have been entrenched for decades, no matter the government in power.

#change
#GMB
#APC

We taking back our oil this year grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Clerverly: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Bye bye Cluelessness!!

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by fiverrwin(f): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
The oracle has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by kokoA(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
It will take more than a miracle for GEJ to remain Nigeria's president after may 29th.

34 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by jmaine: 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Next month we shall put his hypothesis to the ultimate test at the polls . . . .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by teemanbastos(m): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
I respect Tunde Bakare alot..!!
He said well.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Goddex: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Don't quite understand that Bakare's analysis and how he thinks it favouts Buhari

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Bevista: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
wink
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by dre11(m): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
Don’t be deceived by what they say in the paper, a lot happens behind the scene. I agree with you, I have said earlier that my loyalty lies with Buhari and maybe because I am an insider, I know better than you.”

If Buhari emerges victorious, the pastor noted that 100 days would be too much to hand over power to the APC candidate.

You know better than we do........
Because you have seen what is going to happen

8 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

We go meet for this thread in february. Let's fix like feb 20.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by adadadon(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
Clerverly:
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said a majority of those that constitute the power blocs in the country are in support of All Progressives Congress pres‎idential candidate, Muhammad Buhari.

He said this while speaking on the theme, ‘Nigeria beyond 2015′, at a public lecture organised by Angola Hall of Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State, on Wednesday.

According to him, power blocs in any country influence and determine winners during elections.

The Nigerian power blocs, he said, were peoples vote, council of state, clerics, governors, traditional rulers, top entrepreneurs and retired generals.

The cleric said, “Peoples vote determines electoral victory anywhere in the world, the entrenched power blocs determine electoral victory more than anything. There are six or seven political blocs entrenched in Nigeria. The incumbent president and former head of states – council of state. From the council of states, we have two candidates – one former head of state and one incumbent president. There are six others that I want you to consider on whose side they are.

“Traditional rulers, retired generals, who have tasted power, who can you say clearly is the person they are supporting? The governors and let us consider the corporate boys, who are the men of commerce. Where is Aliko Dangote, Otedola,Tony Elumelu and others?

“Look at those who control the large constituents of people on Sunday. Tell me who is Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor backing? Those who influence voting are doing so behind the scene and when the results come, we say ‘they have cheated us’.

“Don’t be deceived by what they say in the paper, a lot happens behind the scene. I agree with you, I have said earlier that my loyalty lies with Buhari and maybe because I am an insider, I know better than you.”

He said, “If we don’t run it (Nigeria) properly, we will be running into a major storm that can consume us. The February 2015 election further provides the incubator for the hatching of the dreaded scenarios.

“Nigeria has a way of throwing up anti-climax. If Buhari wins, what will happen between March and May. It is too long a time.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/power-blocs-backing-buhari-bakare/

Scam I was at Oduduwa hall and Pastor bakare didn't say such words As the title of the news article suggests
he maintained his earlier stance that the elections should be postponed

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

It doesn't matter. Yoruba Power Bloc, Hausa Power Bloc, Igbo Power Bloc; our major concern is GEJ must be booted out at all cost.

Sai GMB!

33 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by alaoeri: 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Those that are backing Jona are paperweights compare to those that are against him, there is no way he's going to escape defeat come FEBUHARI 14.

12 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Trailblazer1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
And we shall thwart their plans with our vote.

Even if shekau is backing buhari, he will still fail as usual

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Trailblazer1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
alaoeri:
Those that are backing Jona are paperweights compare to those that are against him, there is no way he's going to escape defeat come FEBUHARI 14.

So long as its one man one vote.

A ship load of Paperweights will defeat a heavy weight container

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
adadadon:

Scam I was at Oduduwa hall and Pastor bakare didn't say such words....
Nigerian Press and Junk Journalism
There are two things involved: it's you got to Oduduwa Hall late or were sleeping like Yinka Odumakin, who only woke when Bakare was being applauded. I refer you to a thread of mine that I opened on the said event. It's not different from this.

13 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Trailblazer1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
adadadon:

Scam I was at Oduduwa hall and Pastor bakare didn't say such words....
Nigerian Press and Junk Journalism
Busted undecided undecided undecided

Power belongs to God.

2 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by ASL33: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
If this power block are backing him, I wonder who he is going to send to jail as the fight for corruption goes on. As far as I know the power block are the problem of nigeria.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by adadadon(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

There are two things involved: it's you got to Oduduwa Hall late or were sleeping like Yinka Odumakin, who only woke when Bakare was being applauded. I refer you to a thread of mine that I opened on the say event. It's not different from this.

I saw Odumakin sleeping...... the title is misleading Bakare did not Say the power blocs are supporting anyone.... he said who are they backing
The program started quite late and besides I took a picture with Odumakin who seemed like everyone was gonna harm him cos of his GEJ support
Am pro APC though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
adadadon:

I saw Odumakin sleeping...... the title is misleading Bakare did not Say the power blocs are supporting anyone.... he said who are they backing
The program started quite late and besides I took a picture with Odumakin who seemed like everyone was gonna harm him cos of his GEJ support
Am pro APC though
Though Bakare didn't say it, by inference it could be said that he did. You can deduce it when he asked what would happen between February 15 and May 29 when Buhari wins. I was impressed by the shout of "sai Buhari" by Great Ife students.

4 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by DesChyko: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
aanumama:
The most divine power is behind him too.

How has your fedora/undertaker gown wearing boss with fake PhD performed so far??

Ogbeni, if you have a problem with GEJ or his certificates, take a cheap train to Abuja and confront him. I'm not his defence attorney.
Why does the talk of certificates bristle the hackles of these jobless fanatics sef? Go find work do o. February 14th is the expiry date of your current job

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by adadadon(m): 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Though Bakare didn't say it, by inference it could be said that he did. pI was impressed by the shout of "sai Buhari" by Great Ife students.
even if can't be infered...
Orisejafor and oyedepo do not support Buhari.....
Bakare main focus was on the people Bloc which he stated where the most powerful bloc and should utilise it's powers judiciously.....
Danjuma is with GEJ
He and IBB are trying to play safe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by adadadon(m): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Though Bakare didn't say it, by inference it could be said that he did. You can deduce it when he asked what would happen between February 15 and May 29 when Buhari wins. I was impressed by the shout of "sai Buhari" by Great Ife students.

of the greatest Ife!!!!! Sai Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by juman(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
DesChyko:
The constitution should also be reviewed. If there must be that age limit, With out level of education, M.Sc, M.BA levels and their equivalents should be the lowest requirements.

You make me laugh. Why not doctorate?

Don't you see the recent argument on economy by those professors on both sides are nothing but economic on paper not realities on the ground. That is an example.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Capture Shekau Alive, Troops Urged / DSS Joins Social Media, Gets Handles / The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.