Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo (14199 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / The Death Of Prince Abubakar Audu And The Legal Implications By Festus Keyamo / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
Wereh kpe: I love this guy called Keyamo!

I also support what he said on Channels Last night's news

He said but not in this exact words: If we occupy the streets like we did during the fuel subsidy removal, Farouk will have no option but to resign!

Seriously, the corrupt house is supporting the criminal cus de too have collected the bribe! IF WE DONT OCCUPY, den WE DONT DESERVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE STATE OF OUR COUNTRY! After all, you dont sleep and win wars but rather you fight to win wars
i agree wt u as much as i agree wt keyamo bt d nigerian elites must learn haw to commit class suicide. u can fight oppression as a pauper. the yorubaz say if d head of d cutlass is nt in your hands, u dare nt ask of who and wht killed your father. gani fawehinmi was an elite who commited class suicide. keyamo is trying, we need more nigerian elites who av d wherewital to fight for the people.

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

I have stressed the fact that there is a reason why the arrest was not made. FARCROOK is not the only target. If you think this is just about FARCROOK then you are mistaking. Ask yourself this question.

If FARCROOK was arrested on the spot, will any other person involved be discovered? If no, then the way is to mark the money and try to trace the money trail. Just like when a Kidnap is done in most developed countries, you let the marked ransom be paid. Later when you trace even a note to someone, you can back trail the movement of the money.

You guys please stop saying all this FARCROOK should have been arrested on the spot. That would have been too stupid.

Good comments but i have more questions?
Who other person except Farook and the NASS guy has so far been accused with handling the money?
Since the money is allegedly marked why has the the trail gone cold to the extent that they are even begging farook to surrender the money. Doesnt this sugest to u that probably there was no string operation initially and Otedollar never informed SSS at the beginning
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
logica: Like I said, I believe they are trying to treat this thing as a PDP family squabble. We all know the entire country in entirely sunk in the cesspit of corruption. It will take nothing short of a revolutionary event to pull us out.

very fair comment
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem: [/quote]

U were dancing nake.d here.

How do u arrest a person that will claim that he was collecting the money in other to sting Otedola @ the floor of the house the next day?

He was given enought time to exopse Otedola but rather he kept the money and have been insonsistent in his defence all day.

Mind u this is not a drug sting operation its a case of bribery, where d collect might even be wearing camera on him but where are his evidences?

[quote author=Demdem]i wonder what the govt is still waiting for by not charging farook to court till date? is it that they know more than what Festus knows or what?
https://www.nairaland.com/981358/no-evidence-yet-prosecute-lawan
besides am not convinced that Otedola involved the SSS before the video capturing, my guts tells me he got them involved after the incidence.

If its truly a purely SSS operation, why should otedollar has a copy of all the recording? is this the normal standard practice? why wasnt farook arrested immediately? (if this was done, we wont be going through all of these wahala now). i disagree with festus, SSS did a terrible job in this case and that explains my reservation. its unlike them.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Iskra: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
@Pk001...Just as an aside, because you said you never used to like Keyamo...and my question is this...For what reason did you never like him, have you ever known him in any personal, near or far removed capacity? Or this is just one of those trying to sound intelligent analysis or rather opinion grounded on air. Its general to think about the reasons for our liking or disliking people we know nothing of...Personally, I neither like or dislike Keyamo(or any other person I have never had some form of interaction with) because I have never met him or had any thing with him...should this logic be correct and followed?I have my answer but furnish yourself with yours
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem: [/quote]

How do u arrest a person that will claim that he was collecting the money in other to sting Otedola @ the floor of the house the next day?

He was given enought time to exopse Otedola but rather he kept the money and have been insonsistent in his defence all day.

Mind u this is not a drug sting operation its a case of bribery, where d collect might even be wearing camera on him but where are his evidences?

[quote author=Demdem]i wonder what the govt is still waiting for by not charging farook to court till date? is it that they know more than what Festus knows or what?
https://www.nairaland.com/981358/no-evidence-yet-prosecute-lawan
besides am not convinced that Otedola involved the SSS before the video capturing, my guts tells me he got them involved after the incidence.

If its truly a purely SSS operation, why should otedollar has a copy of all the recording? is this the normal standard practice? why wasnt farook arrested immediately? (if this was done, we wont be going through all of these wahala now). i disagree with festus, SSS did a terrible job in this case and that explains my reservation. its unlike them.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

i doubt this also my bro. if truly is a string operation by SSS, gadgets used and recordings are owned by the SSS. Why should a private individual demand copies? is this how its being done? is that the normal standard practice? if he doesnt trust the SSS in the first place then why calling them to rescue him from farook's alleged blackmail. Why does he just go ahead and make the copies himsef without involving the SSS? he could have done that and i am sure it will be admissable in the law court.
You are assuming too much here. Even if the SSS provided the gadgets (which I doubt), Otedola is very much entitled to copies since this was basically HIS operation (as he reported to the SSS in the first place). And if he provided the gadgets, SSS would simply have provided him with instructions on how to conduct himself, and just maybe help with the installation of the gadgets. In either case, Otedola would get copies of audio and video.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by donigspain(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
@Demdem, in ur bid to sound logical u compromised by going quite unscientific and a bit sentimental. Your argument is ridden with assumptions. Cases are won based on facts and evidences. Ever heard of 'to PROVE beyond REASONABLE doubt'?
Otedola, as far as this case has gone, is 'innocent' and a 'saint' until proven otherwise by any evidence or facts which FL may wish to present to Nigerians.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

ur opinion no doubt and i respect it.
for the police, its bullshit and holds no water, even till yesterday, the so called Video evidence allegedly taken by Otedollar SSS (No one knows yet) isnt even with them.http://www.punchng.com/news/no-evidence-yet-to-prosecute-lawan-police/

Otedola isn't working with the police. He didn't give the audio recordings released on Channels TV to the police, that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

What impresses me about Otedola is the fact that he is playing it the right way. The corruption is not only in the house of CROOKS (assembly), even the police force. Work with trusted Security operative agents and trusted journalist. Simple.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

You missed the part that Zenon Petroleum do not import PMS and the Probe was against PMS importers. Why would Otedola offer to bribe the committee to remove their false claims? From my understanding, his name was only put there to extort him. They have the power to turn the masses against you by just putting your name there. For instance, how everyone is bent on the fact that Otedola took FX to import PMS using Zenon when Zenon don't import PMS.

i dont agree with this even though i respect it. There is something we still havent known and still a mystery? tell me how many of the house reports or even senate reports have been implemented by the executive since 1999? Otedola knows this very well, he is even a friend of the president and a major financial of the killer party. whatever comes out from that report ought naturally not to even bother him. Even when there was no report, its on report that protesters extended their rage to otedola's front gate at home in lagos. like i said earlier, a lot still isnt known. Otedollar is known for diesel but how he is now involved in a PMS scandal is simply a mystery to me sha.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

Who other person except Farook and the NASS guy has so far been accused with handling the money?
Since the money is allegedly marked why has the the trail gone cold to the extent that they are even begging farook to surrender the money. Doesnt this sugest to u that probably there was no string operation initially and Otedollar never informed SSS at the beginning

It is not the SSS asking for the money, if you note that, you get the rest of your answers. No one actually knows those indicted by the Sting operation. That is why Otedola doesn't want to speak to them in close doors. He will reveal more with time. The operation is still on but the police are in the dark.

Just my assumption though but it adds up for me from the first day I read the article on THISDAY, it has played out as I thought till now.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

i dont agree with this even though i respect it. There is something we still havent known and still a mystery? tell me how many of the house reports or even senate reports have been implemented by the executive since 1999? Otedola knows this very well, he is even a friend of the president and a major financial of the killer party. whatever comes out from that report ought naturally not to even bother him. Even when there was no report, its on report that protesters extended their rage to otedola's front gate at home in lagos. like i said earlier, a lot still isnt known. Otedollar is known for diesel but how he is now involved in a PMS scandal is simply a mystery to me sha.

Honestly your right assuming that all do not add up. How come Otedola was first indicted in a list that his name should not even be mentioned in? The truth is that, the way FARCROOK has lied from day one, twisted his stories and the way he took the money, tells a lot of how CROOKED he is. In a case that is so sensitive as the greatest financial crime in the history of this country, he could collect money and just wipe his name off. Tells us that for no reason he can just put a name there to extort money.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: @Demdem, in ur bid to sound logical u compromised by going quite unscientific and a bit sentimental. Your argument is ridden with assumptions. Cases are won based on facts and evidences. Ever heard of 'to PROVE beyond REASONABLE doubt'?
Otedola, as far as this case has gone, is 'innocent' and a 'saint' until proven otherwise by any evidence or facts which FL may wish to present to Nigerians.

Whatever facts or evidences that are based on lies is a pile of dung bro. Whoever wants equity should come in clean hands. There is audio, thats a fact for now but details around the audio seems to be questionable. the same goes to the Video which the police hasnt even seen. let the courts determine it then.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

Assumptions galore.... Give a dog a bad name to nail it, init?

Speak with facts and stop this ur nake.d dance to sound smart and thereby confusing your own self.

What law says Otedola can have a copy of the videos? The audios were recored on his phone and i expect u to also assume the SSS collects his phone from hia as evident abi? How more low can u go to sound silly?

Your hate is blinding u.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by oiseworld: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

nobody is begging farook to surrender the money, the longer it takes farook tosurrender the money, the more he indicts himself. 'Farook has spent the money' same money he wanted to use as evidence. He saw the money as his alone the remaining 2.4m was to be shared by commitee members and the house. Mind you, other oil companies had already paid bribe to this same committee. They should atleast prove they were all sting operations.

Soon we'll begin to see the bigger picture.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
logica: You are assuming too much here. Even if the SSS provided the gadgets (which I doubt), Otedola is very much entitled to copies since this was basically HIS operation (as he reported to the SSS in the first place). And if he provided the gadgets, SSS would simply have provided him with instructions on how to conduct himself, and just maybe help with the installation of the gadgets. In either case, Otedola would get copies of audio and video.

Even with this the SSS will still have their man on stand by since its on record that marked notes were given to Farook. They cant just give Otedollar marked money and ask him to go away. IMO, this is purely a Otedollar operation initially and the SSS was put in the picture
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

Whatever facts or evidences that are based on lies is a pile of dung bro. Whoever wants equity should come in clean hands. There is audio, thats a fact for now but details around the audio seems to be questionable. the same goes to the Video which the police hasnt even seen. let the courts determine it then.

The audio is no more an evidence just because Facrook claimed it was doctored or not his voice abi?
Have u forgotten that the same Facrook claimed the video was a caricature of him? Why make such statement if he had not seen the video? And mind you that was after several denials of ever collecting money from Otedola which he later agreed to after seeing the caricature of himself as he chose to call it.

Facrook is a lieing dimwit. In as much as Otedola is a sheddy bizman, in this case he got Facrook by the balls.

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by donigspain(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

Go tell that to people who have won major cases based on FACTUAL lies...
We are talking about LAW COURTS here and not OKIJA SHRINE.

»»amouttahere««
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
IgweAni:

Now u are talking daft

With prior conversations on audio and video as alleged by them and now physically arresting him with the marked notes. My friend, the case is good to go in court

The same way the so called SSS/Otedola had to wait for weeks before exposing this criminal activity

[s]Mind u this is not a drug sting operation its a case of bribery, where d collect might even be wearing camera on him but where are his evidences?[/s]

Mind u, to me Farook has serious issues to answer for. Otedola also isnt being forthcoming also.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
festus keyamo has given a great bt lopsided analysis of ds shameful saga rocking d 'hallowed chambers of d national assembly' cheesy. frm wht keyamo analysed, lawan is a dunce, otedola is a genuis. bt i think the game plan started frm d day GeJ removed fuel subsidy. ther wx protest evrywhere becos nigerians were angry bt ther wx more to the protest becos some of d 'cabalist' saw it as a way to kip their business going. the cabals cum otedola looked for an avenue to rubish the report and they found a scape goat in farrook. at least, he must av initiated d deal. when obj publicly said members of the national assembly are thieves, it seems he had a hint of ds so called sting operation. but which eva way, farook must resign and dance to d music of his stupidity but truth be said, otedola is culpable. if the money wx marked, who else got a share? if it was a sting operation by d sss using otedola as a rope to tie d neck of scape goat farook, is there any sting operation by d sss to bring the fuel subsidy thieves to book. all of a suden, there is a sting operation against a man who has been in the national assembly for over 12 years. shocked the sss is only a tool in d hands of ds cabal and they av nailed farook bt who will conduct a sting operation to nail the subsidy racoons? who is the actual owner of d bribe money, otedola or sss? if otedola, will the money be given back to him?
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Otedola isn't working with the police.

Why shouldnt he be doing that with conjuction with the police? if Farook is to go to jail then he must.

He didn't give the audio recordings released on Channels TV to the police,

and why is that? why the partial release and not full?

that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

No one is doubting that, however no one can confidently say that it hasnt been altered also and i doubt if what we all heard will be admissible in court. It would have been wonderful if the SSS had submitted both the Full Audio and video to the police and case will move to overdrive

What impresses me about Otedola is the fact that he is playing it the right way.

I dont think so, i think he has a lot he is covering which is much more that what he is ready to release for the whole world

The corruption is not only in the house of CROOKS (assembly), even the police force.

yes a lot of them are corrupt but these are institutions that are backed by the constitution and we have to live with them for now. they are a reflection of the general populace. Otedollar cant because of these not work with them

Work with trusted Security operative agents and trusted journalist. Simple.

Then let the SSS commence criminal proceedings on farook immediately.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by alexola20(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
IgweAni:

The audio is no more an evidence just because Facrook claimed it was doctored or not his voice abi?
Have u forgotten that the same Facrook claimed the video was a caricature of him? Why make such statement if he had not seen the video? And mind you that was after several denials of ever collecting money from Otedola which he later agreed to after seeing the caricature of himself as he chose to call it.

Facrook is a lieing dimwit. In as much as Otedola is a sheddy bizman, in this case he got Facrook by the balls.

I'm sorry interjecting like this but your wrong about the balls Issue here. I think Otedola broke the balls, I don't think he got it anymore.
grin grin
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

I'm sorry interjecting like this but your wrong about the balls Issue here. I think Otedola broke the balls, I don't think he got it anymore.
grin grin

U mean crushed balls? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

It is not the SSS asking for the money, if you note that, you get the rest of your answers. No one actually knows those indicted by the Sting operation. That is why Otedola doesn't want to speak to them in close doors. He will reveal more with time. The operation is still on but the police are in the dark.

Just my assumption though but it adds up for me from the first day I read the article on THISDAY, it has played out as I thought till now.

The mere fact that both the SSS and the Police seems not to be in the same picture here suggests a lot to me and convincingly telling me that no-one will go to jail at the end of the day the the resultant effect will be the subsidy report which the govt is doing all it can to kill to be sidelined. are u saying that otedollar didnt tell the police everythng he knows when he reported at the force headquarters? even after his presence and that of Farook at the, the police claims there is simply no evidence. Anyway, a lot of assumptions are being made here.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Honestly your right assuming that all do not add up. How come Otedola was first indicted in a list that his name should not even be mentioned in? The truth is that, the way FARCROOK has lied from day one, twisted his stories and the way he took the money, tells a lot of how CROOKED he is. In a case that is so sensitive as the greatest financial crime in the history of this country, he could collect money and just wipe his name off. Tells us that for no reason he can just put a name there to extort money.

farook has twisted his words from day one. thats a fact and suggests to me that he has a case to answer. Now that he has a lawyer talking for him they are trying to synchronise all his comments. Does this makes Otedollar not culpable? i doubt very much. because u are smart and consistent with ur words doesnt make u an innocent man
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by donigspain(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
The only assumptions I see here come from Demdem.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

I already answered most of the questions you are asking. For instance,

Ques: Why shouldnt he be doing that with conjuction with the police? if Farook is to go to jail then he must.

Ans: The whole investigation might be jeopardize involving the police. When all evidences are gathered, then you can hand them over to the police.

Ques: No one is doubting that, however no one can confidently say that it hasnt been altered also and i doubt if what we all heard will be admissible in court. It would have been wonderful if the SSS had submitted both the Full Audio and video to the police and case will move to overdrive

Ans: The first answer explains it.

Assumption: I dont think so, i think he has a lot he is covering which is much more that what he is ready to release for the whole world

Ans: No evidence backs your claims that his is covering everything. From day one his story has not changed. His evidences are being released systematically and is convincing people in phases that the FARCROOK guy is FARLY CROOKED.

Assumption: yes a lot of them are corrupt but these are institutions that are backed by the constitution and we have to live with them for now. they are a reflection of the general populace. Otedollar cant because of these not work with them

Ans: Are you saying if you have a legal alternative of proving your case right, you will go through a corrupt procedure because the constitution says so?

Declaration: Then let the SSS commence criminal proceedings on farook immediately.

Ans: The way it has played out so far has exposed a lot already, why ruin the wonderful drama that no script writer or Novel writer can put together be ruined in a hurry to proceed immediately. Let the whole HOUSE OF CROOKS be exposed first so we will know that their AYE is BullPi.ss. wink cheesy grin
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
oiseworld:

nobody is begging farook to surrender the money, the longer it takes farook tosurrender the money, the more he indicts himself. 'Farook has spent the money' same money he wanted to use as evidence. He saw the money as his alone the remaining 2.4m was to be shared by commitee members and the house. Mind you, other oil companies had already paid bribe to this same committee. They should atleast prove they were all sting operations.

Soon we'll begin to see the bigger picture.

Others like? is this factual? abegii let me in? if after otedollar's presence at the police headquarters and farook's presence the police still claims no sufficient evidences, that makes me uncomfortable.
I doubt if any bigger picture will come forth
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by wyt(m): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
this is no case, i am not a lawyer but i knw i can win a SAN who stands for Farouk while i stand for Femi even without a pay.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: The only assumptions I see here come from Demdem.

am i to be blamde if u have refused to used ur brain and not letting crooks in power play on ur stupidity. as it is now, both Otedollar and Farook have serious issues and of cos more on the side of farook, that doesnt make Otedollar a lesser criminal
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain:
Go tell that to people who have won major cases based on FACTUAL lies...
We are talking about LAW COURTS here and not OKIJA SHRINE.

»»amouttahere««

grin grin ;about time? are u saying those facts oozing out of otedollar's mouth are lies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking News: Suspected Boko Haram Kidnapped Over 60 Children In Cameroon / Lagos Gov Debate: State’s Commonwealth In One Person’s Hand —Owolabi Salis / Ortom Urges NASS To Reject Water Resources Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.