Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses (20552 Views)

NUC Suspends Unilag For Bed Bug Invasion / NUC Suspends Admission Into Any Laboratory Science Course For 2015/2016 Session / NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Abagworo(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2012
rhymz: I am so surprise that most of these church run schools did not make the list.
Apart from the fact that many of the schools did not meet the NUC's operational requirements, the way these schools are run leave a lot to be concern about. Schools like Convenant and Redeemer Universities should have been on the list, their owners probably have NUC officials as members, little wonder they did not show on the list.
Nigerian private Universities are a joke and a mockery of what a good religious run University should be. Schools where very unqualified people hold the post of VC all because they own the school, they arbitrarily choose pastors and evangelists to head sensitive positions in the school management. People who hitherto have had no prior experience in running a University are allowed to make very humanly demeaning rules fashioned by their intolerant religious sense of right and wrong; little wonder you go to such schools and all you hear is how the management busies themselves with laws that add little or no progress to the academic development of such schools. Imagine after paying truckloads of cash to educate your kid only for one to hear that s/he had been rusticated from school cos he did not attend the assemble with his bible, imagine making christian religious study a major course for a person studying medicine, engineering, law, and other sciences. If you fail this religious course, you are forced to write them or else you will not graduate. In convenant you are not even allowed to wear a jersey, own a camera phone, have independent academic thoughts or even disagree intellectually with the authorities, yet it is a University. Is there any difference between these so-called church run Universities and rehabilitation centres? Are the students there being taught what they came there to know or what the school Church authorities want them to know. Why should a muslim student be forced to observe prayers different from his own or even study christian religious studies as a major even when his program should have no bearing on such study. Are the NUC aware of this arbitrariness in the way these church gangstars operate?? As if the mass indoctrinations in their churches are not enough they have to still drag it to the school? We want investment in our education but not these ones abeg!! Gone are the days when churches make claims of running any business outside the church as a way to help the poor; that argument has become stale and redundant, they are all profit driven with little or no quality education as they like to claim. Having beautiful buildings inside an enclosed landmass space does not transcend to quality education.
NUC should also take that aspect seriously, there is too much arbitrariness in the way these bible wielding conmen run these schools and put a price tag on education.

You've said it all. I heard they flog students in Madonna.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Abeyjide: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2012
DonHummer: I want to knw d effect of dis...wat of deir students in deir nysc...ar dey affected in a way!...wat f dem final year students...wunt dey graduate? M just confusd

i could remember d story my broda told me wen he was servin in 2006 in ondo state.he said dey collected some corps members kit wen der heard dia skul license was suspended.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by plentykola(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2012
rhymz: I am so surprise that most of these church run schools did not make the list.
Apart from the fact that many of the schools did not meet the NUC's operational requirements, the way these schools are run leave a lot to be concern about. Schools like Convenant and Redeemer Universities should have been on the list, their owners probably have NUC officials as members, little wonder they did not show on the list.
Nigerian private Universities are a joke and a mockery of what a good religious run University should be. Schools where very unqualified people hold the post of VC all because they own the school, they arbitrarily choose pastors and evangelists to head sensitive positions in the school management. People who hitherto have had no prior experience in running a University are allowed to make very humanly demeaning rules fashioned by their intolerant religious sense of right and wrong; little wonder you go to such schools and all you hear is how the management busies themselves with laws that add little or no progress to the academic development of such schools. Imagine after paying truckloads of cash to educate your kid only for one to hear that s/he had been rusticated from school cos he did not attend the assemble with his bible, imagine making christian religious study a major course for a person studying medicine, engineering, law, and other sciences. If you fail this religious course, you are forced to write them or else you will not graduate. In convenant you are not even allowed to wear a jersey, own a camera phone, have independent academic thoughts or even disagree intellectually with the authorities, yet it is a University. Is there any difference between these so-called church run Universities and rehabilitation centres? Are the students there being taught what they came there to know or what the school Church authorities want them to know. Why should a muslim student be forced to observe prayers different from his own or even study christian religious studies as a major even when his program should have no bearing on such study. Are the NUC aware of this arbitrariness in the way these church gangstars operate?? As if the mass indoctrinations in their churches are not enough they have to still drag it to the school? We want investment in our education but not these ones abeg!! Gone are the days when churches make claims of running any business outside the church as a way to help the poor; that argument has become stale and redundant, they are all profit driven with little or no quality education as they like to claim. Having beautiful buildings inside an enclosed landmass space does not transcend to quality education.
NUC should also take that aspect seriously, there is too much arbitrariness in the way these bible wielding conmen run these schools and put a price tag on education.

Na true talk be that me to think am o
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2012
@bigboy
It is not called a private University so that can have their own rules different from what others are doing, my dear.
It is private because the funding and management of the schools are in the hands of private individuals and organization. Of course they are allowed to make laws in their school but with stipulated guidlines from NUC. Convenant to the best of my knowledge is not a convent or a nun, so why the heavy emphasis on religious doctrines It would have been a very different case if they had registered as a theology University or some ascetic academy so everyone knows that is what is expected when you go there. Not decieve people into believing you that you run a University only for you to start slipping in strict religious doctrines on everyone without respecting anyone's private beliefs or right to believe in what they want. There are church run Universities abroad they don't make their church doctrines binding on anyone neither are their VCs or Deans neccessarily pastors, evangelists and the likes, convenant is no theology school so why run it like one and make adult students miserable. Do you know how that hinders effectiveness in thought progress and social skills? Come on!
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by KINGwax(m): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2012
you don't wanna knw how glad i was when i found out nobody liked your post. It implies we actually have intelligent people on nairaland. Only a fool will like your post. I don't knw, how they forced a muslim student to attend a 'strictly' christian school. Your concern is what i cannot fathom, your points too.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Abeyjide: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2012
cryptic:

Religious Fanatic...Think out of your religious box Jor...The guy said the fact you come up here talking crap.Abeg comot for road

o boy,dis is not d issue of fanatic.if he had been to dos schools he made mentioned,he wil neva make such comment about it.so,u urself gat to reason wel.go sit down for road.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Amaechina(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2012
Suspending the licenses of these private schools is a way forward for them, at least they will get to buckle up. But I believe that the standard of education in Nigeria is generally taking a down turn thus similar action shld be mated to most government owned school that are not serious
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Flexie(m): 10:23am On Jul 05, 2012
my school is among ooo caritas please is dis true cuz i knew dis would happen sooon
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2012
KINGwax: you don't wanna knw how glad i was when i found out nobody liked your post. It implies we actually have intelligent people on nairaland. Only a fool will like your post. I don't knw, how they forced a muslim student to attend a 'strictly' christian school. Your concern is what i cannot fathom, your points too.
who is this religious goon that thinks I am here to be liked by people like him. . Hahah, you must be mistaking me for one of the sheepies in your church that make decisions based on the whims and caprices of the pastor.
I dont expect your likes to like my statement, I am more interested in stating the truths and opening the eyes of some that can still manage to think if given the opportunity to see the folly in the foolish religiously skewed logic that kills the application of common sense.
Abagwaro, kola and co obviously agree with me, WTF are you that I should give a damn about your weak mental capacity. Go and suck your pastors d!ck if you want, it wont stop critical analysis from my likes. Enough of this Scam!

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2012
Abeyjide:

Dont because of hatred start makin unmature comment.u jst wasted d space dat matured people need to comment.change ur attitude and ur thinking ability.
u are the fool that ought to change ur poor thinking faculty...the guy said nothing but the Truth...#pastorworshipper#
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by jimmykeed(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2012
so many Fuckin' uni's out dere...!!!!!!dey all wanna make blood money while given out stinkin' education...!!!Rubbish
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by jpphilips(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2012
rhymz: @bigboy
It is not called a private University so that can have their own rules different from what others are doing, my dear.
It is private because the funding and management of the schools are in the hands of private individuals and organization. Of course they are allowed to make laws in their school but with stipulated guidlines from NUC. Convenant to the best of my knowledge is not a convent or a nun, so why the heavy emphasis on religious doctrines It would have been a very different case if they had registered as a theology University or some ascetic academy so everyone knows that is what is expected when you go there. Not decieve people into believing you that you run a University only for you to start slipping in strict religious doctrines on everyone without respecting anyone's private beliefs or right to believe in what they want. There are church run Universities abroad they don't make their church doctrines binding on anyone neither are their VCs or Deans neccessarily pastors, evangelists and the likes, convenant is no theology school so why run it like one and make adult students miserable. Do you know how that hinders effectiveness in thought progress and social skills? Come on!

And you expect products of trap universities to understand where you are driving at? save urself the stress most Nigerians need their brains checked. the population is so much for so many m0r0ns to exist therein
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by mctemmy(f): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2012
FutureDon: Lead City University again!!! I personally believe the School is a glorified secondary school and also a playground. Majority of the students are drop outs of Federal Universities who couldn't meet up with the required GPA.

ur rantings depicts how ignorant u r in commenting on public issues.....dat u can't afford dese private uni doesn't mean u shud spew rubbish at d slightest chance.......make ur finding proper next time so u can be successful in life at large!
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Abeyjide: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2012
Yomieluv: u are the fool that ought to change ur poor thinking faculty...the guy said nothing but the Truth...#pastorworshipper#

ur comment shows hw were brought up in family.if u ar angry d more,go kill transformer.ur minset is obsolet.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by jamace(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2012
hustla:

U r just a no-brain hater! U spent how many mins composing this hate comment,find somefin to do wif ur life naa!!

My friend, make a better input or counter argument to prove him wrong. Do not just stop there. What you have said up here is more like a cathechism, and does not speak well of you as an educated person. Please, prove him wrong with facts and figures (if need be).
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by erniok(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2012
I tend to agree with rhmyz on this if his write up is True. Universities should be places or intellectual discourse. Knowledge is never streamlined. Can't imagine going to a school where it is abomination to argue with my lecturers even when the are bringing archaic knowledge to the class.

That lead university stadium, is that real or copy&paste?
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by PetroG1: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Define "poor education" please? I graduated on time, served in the NYSC programe, got a job in less than 2 months by dint of hard work, in my second job now which is in a senior management position and quite comfortable. I won't have been able to achieve all this without some help from my "poor education" as you call it. My school was not the best especially in terms of infrastructure but show me the Fed or State Uni that has it all in Naija? I hope my school sorts out the issue with NUC on time but I am happy it happened in a way. Let them correct the mistakes they made with their pioneer students so that new undergrads don't go through the hardship some of us did.

I dont know your school but i am talking on my school behalf.
My school as they say is a glorified sec school and all sorts, i love what is done in my school. you learn with your whole body. We are enterprising and i can actually stand anywhere anytime to defend my school. you cant see any of our products roaming the streets cos we are good with our brains and our hands. we dont need conections to get into any company. We got certified before we left school either in trade or computer wise. i can also say in this my school you think competitively on how to move fast with the coming future.
We are everywhere making and penetrating into the real world. we dont beg cos we are always leading.
I was in the NYSC camp and others school couldnt beat us with some cheap questions.
Let us be called dumping ground but after been dumped you see exposure and you are allowed to t=re-build your life and talents morally and you come out with greatness in you. LCU my school. The owner and the NUC chairman had rifts from OAU when they were mere staffs. Stop this childsip fight and let the grass underneath feel the goodness of the sun s they can grow well. Its beeniover 10years lets put the whole thing behind and look at the future of the children that re hoping for better life. they are promising they are the future.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by FutureDon(m): 11:01am On Jul 05, 2012
mctemmy: ur rantings depicts how ignorant u r in commenting on public issues.....dat u can't afford dese private uni doesn't mean u shud spew rubbish at d slightest chance.......make ur finding proper next time so u can be successful in life at large!

E dey pain you?? tongue tongue
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2012
Abeyjide:

ur comment shows hw were brought up in family.if u ar angry d more,go kill transformer.ur minset is obsolet.
with the level of ur thinking,and writting prowess,i doubt if u've ever seen a university gate before in ur miserable life...how did u join this forum?i.d.i.o.t.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by warrior01: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2012
KINGwax: you don't wanna knw how glad i was when i found out nobody liked your post. It implies we actually have intelligent people on nairaland. Only a fool will like your post. I don't knw, how they forced a muslim student to attend a 'strictly' christian school. Your concern is what i cannot fathom, your points too.

The guy said the obvious fact. Just imagine flogging an adult just because he came to learn in a private university
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Ejine(m): 11:19am On Jul 05, 2012
Abeyjide:

Dont because of hatred start makin unmature comment.u jst wasted d space dat matured people need to comment.change ur attitude and ur thinking ability.

...A product of Covenant University.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by OmoEziokwu: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2012
I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

Please take a look at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/805270/scam-center-called-madonna-university
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by warrior01: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2012
At last God don catch fr. Edeh. Tis long overdue
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Ejine(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2012
jamace:

My friend, make a better input or counter argument to prove him wrong. Do not just stop there. What you have said up here is more like a cathechism, and does not speak well of you as an educated person. Please, prove him wrong with facts and figures (if need be).

What did you expect from the remote-controlled religious puppet who can never reason for himself outside the guidelines enforced by his religious masters?

The guy just came in, yelled "hater" without even bringing forth a superior argument - probably because he has none.

Nigeria is littered with people like him who are just HAPPILY too lazy to use their brains in questioning the goings-on in their environment; HAPPILY castrated sheeple eternally shackled and dominated for the rest of their lives, by bible-clutching criminals they call heroes.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Fourcade(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2012
What a shame cry cry cry ...so what about the present final year students in these universities
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by sheyguy: 11:39am On Jul 05, 2012
If they can't state the offenses of these schools then they are probably out to blackmail and extort them. Most pple 've already made up their mind to see private universities as a sort of goldmine, a place where money rules. Let them state their offenses and let all who know the schs in question testify.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by pato405(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2012
OmoEziokwu: I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

Please take a look at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/805270/scam-center-called-madonna-university

can't believe this is happening somewhere camouflaging as a university. but come to think of it, are the students there tongue tied or under a deaf-mute spell? this is nothing short of slavery. no sooner than later, youth trafficking will be incorporated into this ill-treatment of students whose parents dole out large wads of naira notes as tuition fees. no student passing through these ordeal for 4 wholesome years will have his self-confidence, self-worth and self esteem intact after leaving such an environment because their sense of worth has been abused and battered. little wonder you see many graduates from such schools jittery and shaking like jelly fish when radical situations that demand radical actions turn up. kai! can't you guys mob them? tell me they also drilled a hole through your lips and sealed your lips with metal padlocks like the slaves that worked in sugar cane farms during the slave trade era . na wa 4 una o! university my foot! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by PRESERVER(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2012
maclatunji:

Then you should learn to use Google- lazy woman.tongue

Why now as she is not too lazy like that as she is the Moderator of this thread now and she is doing great work..
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Standing5(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
For those silly folks comparing private and Public school infrastructure, don't forget that Federal and state govt spends hundreds of thousand on the average on each public sch student and this has been in practice for decades now for most of these schools. The fact that they can even be compared with private schools of less than ten year old speaks volume about public schools standard generally.

As for NUC, let them state the offenses of these schools.To me, suspension without any offense = Blackmailing.
there are tons of public schools in chaos that have not received any caution.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ejiné:

What did you expect from the remote-controlled religious puppet who can never reason for himself outside the guidelines enforced by his religious masters?

The guy just came in, yelled "hater" without even bringing forth a superior argument - probably because he has none.

Nigeria is littered with people like him who are just HAPPILY too lazy to use their brains in question the goings-on in their environment; HAPPILY castrated sheeple eternally programmed to be dominated and shackled for the rest of their lives, by bible-clutching hooligans they call heroes.
hahahaha. . At times I find it hard to believe that these people actually are humans with functining brains in their head. The management of these private Universities are more interested in making profit and increasing public patronage. From Madonna to Convenant to Lead City, they are all thesame thing. The only difference is the level of infrastructure they have but their management style is thesame, their philosophies are tied to one thing-maximizing profits. Before now, the Law department in Leed City was scrapped and the school took the matter to court. My friend there told me that the school fees increase was done in every session, she told me how some people had to drop along the way when it became obvious they could not continue to foot the bills.
In convenant, there have been reports of how Oyedepo and his gang arbitrarily rusticated almost a hundred students some in their final year, all because they did not come to the "assembly hall" or whatever they call their gathering with bibles. Imagine!!! We have heard of stories how the handlers in this school threaten and attack the psychy of students by using statements like, "your opinions do not matter", "you chose us, we did not choose you", all in a bid to pass the message that there is no freedom of expression of thoughts here. A Muslim student has been denied admission in convenant before on the basis of his religion, yet these rascals stand on the pulpit and preach about love and tolerance. Go to their website, there is no such thing as bursery or scholarship scheme, everyone pays for their education. The system inside the school is an autocratic one, you are not allowed to do anything until "Papa Go" says you can, you can't even think independly without the intimidating presence of Oyedepo sprawling all over your thoughts.
Na this kind schools na im person wan carry go outside naija and expect their certificates to be taken seriously. What qualification does Oyedepo hold to be the VC of a school? How many Professors, associate profs, visiting profs, exchange program and co do the students and staff engage in. . How many of their lecturers go on sabbatical anyway. With all the money they collect, why we never here of the 21 century state of the art engineering facilities in their schools, am curious to see their labs and machines. . All we see are just buildings occupying space. . .private University indeed

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by safarigirl(f): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
What sends students to private schools? Some would rather not attend a private uni, but they're left no choice. Some government schools award admission according to who you know, not what you know. They require complete papers, whether you get that with your brains or with someone else's isn't their business, the reason for a high rate of exam malpractice, nobody wants to waste their lives at home because they couldn't credit Maths when they want to study Mass Comm. or Law, it's not about where you get the degree, but what you do after it, I don't buy this gist that a school makes the person. There are Unilag and UI graduates roaming the streets and searching for jobs, just as there are Madonna and CU graduates working in companies. Some government schools ought to have had their licenses suspended, deathtraps disguised as schools, poor infrastructures and lecture halls that can barely contain a quarter of the students, hostels that haven't been renovated since their inception, rooms initially meant for four but occupied by two to three times the number, toilets that can even cause HIV and no water. They're not even living environments, even less learning ones, so what are we talking of here?
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by sheyguy: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
rhymz: hahahaha. . At times I find it hard to believe that these people actually are humans with functining brains in their head. The management of these private Universities are more interested in making profit and increasing public patronage. From Madonna to Convenant to Lead City, they are all thesame thing. The only difference is the level of infrastructure they have but their management style is thesame, their philosophies are tied to one thing-maximizing profits. Before now, the Law department in Leed City was scrapped and the school took the matter to court. My friend there told me that the school fees increase was done in every session, she told me how some people had to drop along the way when it became obvious they could not continue to foot the bills.
In convenant, there have been reports of how Oyedepo and his gang arbitrarily rusticated almost a hundred students some in their final year, all because they did not come to the "assembly hall" or whatever they call their gathering with bibles. Imagine!!! We have heard of stories how the handlers in this school threaten and attack the psychy of students by using statements like, "your opinions do not matter", "you chose us, we did not choose you", all in a bid to pass the message that there is no freedom of expression of thoughts here. A Muslim student has been denied admission in convenant before on the basis of his religion, yet these rascals stand on the pulpit and preach about love and tolerance. Go to their website, there is no such thing as bursery or scholarship scheme, everyone pays for their education. The system inside the school is an autocratic one, you are not allowed to do anything until "Papa Go" says you can, you can't even think independly without the intimidating presence of Oyedepo sprawling all over your thoughts.
Na this kind schools na im person wan carry go outside naija and expect their certificates to be taken seriously. What qualification does Oyedepo hold to be the VC of a school? How many Professors, associate profs, visiting profs, exchange program and co do the students and staff engage in. . How many of their lecturers go on sabbatical anyway. With all the money they collect, why we never here of the 21 century state of the art engineering facilities in their schools, am curious to see their labs and machines. . All we see are just buildings occupying space. . .private University indeed
You sound so dumb and daft, Oga mi rhymz. Oyedepo is not the VC of covenant uni. but a Professor of international repute is.
I challenge u prove ur allegation of expulsion of about a hundred student for failing to bring their bible along for any form of gathering and that of empty buildings and laboratories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.