Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses (20551 Views)

NUC Suspends Unilag For Bed Bug Invasion / NUC Suspends Admission Into Any Laboratory Science Course For 2015/2016 Session / NUC Suspends Part-time Programmes In Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by AK481(m): 7:53am On Jul 06, 2012
Abeyjide:

Dont because of hatred start makin unmature comment.u jst wasted d space dat matured people need to comment.change ur attitude and ur thinking ability.
Mr man,Oppose an argument with a superior one,rhis is typical of private school students
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by AK481(m): 8:23am On Jul 06, 2012
sheyguy:
You sound so dumb and daft, Oga mi rhymz. Oyedepo is not the VC of covenant uni. but a Professor of international repute is.
I challenge u prove ur allegation of expulsion of about a hundred student for failing to bring their bible along for any form of gathering and that of empty buildings and laboratories.
Oga,learn to counter argument with a higher version of argument.if I were u, I will show him ur engineering lab,especially d said electrical engineering lab with 1 to 1 osciloscope,with that u r arguing like a learned person.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by oladayo042: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2012
Thumbs up NUC.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2012
AK 48:
Oga,learn to counter argument with a higher version of argument.if I were u, I will show him ur engineering lab,especially d said electrical engineering lab with 1 to 1 osciloscope,with that u r arguing like a learned person.
hahahahah. . I bet his parents were one of those that was hoodwinked into dashing money for the development of Church University only to be schemed out with high fees their entire savings can't foot. As im dey now, na to dey wish and feel among even when it is obvious he is not one. .lol.
So how can he show the inside of the school he has never been to? This one na blind follower na . . . The types that argue on "my pastor says", "papa said" blabla. . .who cares about him anyway. Papa is rich and he is still a rif-raf, yet im no go use im head.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 06, 2012
rhymz: hahahahah. . I bet his parents were one of those that was hoodwinked into dashing money for the development of Church University only to be schemed out with high fees their entire savings can't foot. As im dey now, na to dey wish and feel among even when it is obvious he is not one. .lol.
So how can he show the inside of the school he has never been to? This one na blind follower na . . . The types that argue on "my pastor says", "papa said" blabla. . .who cares about him anyway. Papa is rich and he is still a rif-raf, yet im no go use im head.
ol boy,u get bad mouth,see as u finish the poor guy na.e nn gud o.#laffing#
rhymz: hahahahah. . I bet his parents were one of those that was hoodwinked into dashing money for the development of Church University only to be schemed out with high fees their entire savings can't foot. As im dey now, na to dey wish and feel among even when it is obvious he is not one. .lol.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2012
Yomieluv: ol boy,u get bad mouth,see as u finish the poor guy na.e nn gud o.#laffing#ol boy,u get bad mouth,see as u finish the poor guy na.e nn gud o.#laffing#ol boy,u get bad mouth,see as u finish the poor guy na.e nn gud o.#laffing#
hahahahahah. . Dont mind Me jare!!!
You know most of the times people tend to think because something has to do with church, therefore it is blameless.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Standing5(m): 10:32am On Jul 06, 2012
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by sheyguy: 10:33am On Jul 06, 2012
AK 48:
If you had quality education in the first place then you will know i don't have to disprove him. He shuld be the one to prove his own argument.
If ur parents had taught u well the you wouldn't be on an online forum making silly guesses about others parents here. Fed and state govt pay for Public schools and someone has to pay for private ones as well. so stfu and grow up b4 u comment.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by sheyguy: 10:36am On Jul 06, 2012
AK 48:
And if i may ask, since when has argument become software-like that i have create a 'higher version' of ur weak claims to satisfy ur weak brain. The immaturity is so so evident . . . .
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 06, 2012
I went to saint finbarrs too,1998 set.during the times of Mr kpotie,and mr akintade..
rhymz: hahahahahah. . Dont mind Me jare!!!
You know most of the times people tend to think because something has to do with church, therefore it is blameless.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by drstone1: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2012
rhymz: Like seriously how old are you? Are like 5 or something cos you sure present your case worse than a toddler. Mr Man, the establishment of Oxford, Havard or even Cambrige had little or nothing to do with any religious sect let alone catholics. Stop citing them as examples and asking me to do research on them like you know any better, it is you who should check your facts here before making very dumb and unfounded claims you can not prove. I dare you to bring evidence of any of these schools connections to a religious sect or order.
Again I warn you stop this your zig-zag argument that is contradictory and pointless. What have muslims got to do with the point I am trying to make. I went to St Finbarr's College and my kid brother was there when the management became full time missionary, it did not turn the school intolerant, till date they still take in students of all background and religious belief, they still maintain thesame tenets of respecting people's freedom to express their own belief through their own religious tenets. You sounded like a Fool trying to guage my views as based on the fact that I grew up in Lagos. Do you know how many Nigerian and African cities that I have visited since I left secondary school? Do I come across to you as some parochial local champion that views issues from the confines of regional boundaries? Matter of fact am not even in Lagos. Nigga, stop trying to psychoanalyze me and just address the issues, you barely know me.
From your myopic view, you are of the opinion that since Christian churches are busy erecting Universities they run like monastries, muslims should go ahead and build Universities run with strict sharia laws. Do you know how divisive such a situation will be. The last thing any educated person need is religiously bias orientation and psyche. People go to Universities to broaden their educational experience and gather more knowledge not to be reformed, religiously re-orienred and indoctrinated.

Seems to me you are dont know how to go about making research. Let me Get you started, you go and do the rest, instead of being petty and abusive, because what you seriously feel emotional about is being subjected to questioning. I have to be very laconic because of the brevity of space.
A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Harvard_University
With some 17,000 Puritans migrating to New England by 1620, Harvard was founded by ministers who realized the need for training clergy for the new commonwealth, a "church in the wilderness." It was named for John Harvard, its first benefactor. It received its corporate charter in 1650 and became a university in 1780.An early, anonymous description of the college, New England's First Fruits (1643) recalled:

"After God had carried us safe to New England, and we ... rear'd convenient places for God's worship ... dreading to leave an illiterate Ministry to the Churches, when our present Ministers shall lie in the Dust ... it pleased God to stir up the heart of one Mr. Harvard, a godly gentleman and a lover of learning ... to give the one half of his estate ... towards the erecting of a college and all his Library."
B
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Oxford
From its early days, Oxford was a centre for lively controversy, with scholars involved in religious and political disputes. John Wyclif, a 14th-century Master of Balliol, campaigned for a bible in the vernacular, against the wishes of the papacy. In 1530, Henry VIII forced the University to accept his divorce from Catherine of Aragon, and during the Reformation in the 16th century, the Anglican churchmen Cranmer, Latimer and Ridley were tried for heresy and burnt at the stake in Oxford.
C
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_University
Boston University (often initialized as BU) is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. With more than 4,000 faculty members and more than 31,000 students, Boston University is one of the largest private universities in the United States[6] and one of Boston's largest employers.[7] The university is nonsectarian,[8] but is historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church.[9][10]
D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Chicago
The University of Chicago was created and incorporated as a coeducational,[16] secular institution in 1890 by the American Baptist Education Society and a donation from oil magnate and philanthropist John D. Rockefeller on land donated by Marshall Field.[17] It emerged from a Baptist university of the same name that had closed in 1886 due to financial difficulties. William Rainey Harper became the modern University's first president on July 1, 1891,

Harper, a young Biblical scholar from Yale, incorporated into Chicago’s early charter a commitment to gender equality in both undergraduate and graduate education and, remarkably, considering the initial intention to found a Baptist institution, to an atmosphere of nonsectarianism. This commitment to an accepting environment and equal opportunity distinguished the university in its early years and holds firm today

Like is said You do the rest...
But note that Oxford was formed when English Students were denied from the University of Paris. The English did not sit down and cry wolf....They did something of their own. You do something.. better than criticizing other peoples efforts. Note, these are private Institutions and they have aims and purpose of establishing the University, so when you are there abide by there rules.
On the Second bolded in ur remark.
While it is intended to get a "universal education", what that means is subject to individual speculation and i dont think you cant get that i the private schools either. But if you mean to say they dont allow social activities as you think fit or give you atheistic philosophy and oultook and the encourage liberal views not in consonant with their aims, maybe you are right there. Not every type of Education is good for the purpose of developing human minds and building great soceities. The worst thing in Education is to train up a devious person without moral and Godly Values, it Produces Clever Devils. And in turn makes society the worse for it! Thats when we begin to churn out Learned cheats, intellectual cultists, funny revolutionaries and Well learned devious politicians, who breed chaos and anarchy. The Sponsors of Boko Haram fit into this number. In normal federal Universities you now spend 5-6yrs for a course of 4years etc.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hahahaha. . . Is it not obvious that you seriously have comprehension problems and confusing things?
Where in the link was it mentioned that any of these schools were founded by religious bodies. .LMAO and you query why I dey yab you?
HAVARD UNIVERSITY: Harvard University is an American private Ivy League research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, established in 1636 by the Massachusetts legislature. Harvard is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States
Harvard was founded in 1636 by vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, making it the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. Initially called "New College" or "the college at New Towne", the institution was renamed Harvard College on March 13, 1639. It was named after John Harvard, a young English clergyman from Southwark, London, an alumnus of the University of Cambridge (after which Cambridge, Massachusetts is named), who bequeathed the College his library of four hundred books and £779 pounds sterling, which was half of his estate.[20] The charter creating the corporation of Harvard College came in 1650. In the early years, the College trained many Puritan ministers.[21] The college offered a classic academic course based on the English university model—many leaders in the colony had attended the University of Cambridge—but one consistent with the prevailing Puritan philosophy. The college was never affiliated with any particular denomination, but many of its earliest graduates went on to become clergymen in Congregational and Unitarian churches throughout New England
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD: As the oldest university in the English- speaking world, Oxford is a unique and historic institution. There is no clear date of foundation, but teaching existed at Oxford in some form in 1096 and developed rapidly from 1167, when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris.
Cambridge University: The university grew out of an association of Cambridge scholars that was formed in 1209, early records suggest, by scholars leaving Oxford after a dispute with townsfolk.
The official founding of Cambridge University is traced to the enhancement, by a charter in 1231 from King Henry III of England, which awarded the ius non trahi extra (a right to discipline its own members) plus some exemption from taxes, and a bull in 1233 from Pope Gregory IX that gave graduates from Cambridge the right to teach everywhere in Christendom.
It is Obvious you are confusing the fact that besides the King of Englands Monarchy, the Popacy was a type of absolute Monarchy that was even stronger than the english Monarchy of the time. His edict or recognition of a Charter to an already existing higher school of learning does not trascend to the church founding this institutions.
Even John Havard was not the founder of the school. That he was th biggest benefactor of the school did not make him the founder.
Nigga stop confusing yourself jare.
And what are you on about Godly values and all that religious balderdash about clever devils. Who are you to tell somebody with differeny views about morals and God that they are right or wrong. Who made you an arbiter of right and wrong? This is exactly the arbitrariness that I am talking about. People forcing their own set of morals, justice, and sense of decency on others without respecting theirs. You need to stop this nonsense and realize you are not the only one with your own set of rules.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by kobikwelu(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2012
hey guys instead of wasting time in nigerian universities why dont you go a step further?? the USA..

contrary to public opininon that it is difficult to attend, all you have to do is plan early and your dream would become a realitY in addition to snagging a scholarship. i am a living testimony!!!
ALL it takes is PLANNING!!! checkit out www.justjanded.com

it is absolutely free
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by OmoEziokwu: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
For those thinking that those telling the truth about Madonna University are just being malicious, please take a look at this link:

http://naijaspleen./2012/07/05/father-edeh-the-owner-of-madonna-is-a-thief-a-fraud-and-a-419-madonna-student/

One gains nothing by trying to cast aspersions or slandering against the institution or the person of Father Ede, all the people out there need to know is the truth, that's all.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by jenti: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
When Okojie crumbles the University system, we shall all be alive
Here was a man who as the VC of UNAAB has nothing to show as achievement. Whatever UNAAB can boast of today as structures is credited to Prof. Balogun. When Balogun was VC of Unaab and everyone saw the development of the University, we were wondering whether Okojie was ever giving subventions. He is riding on his godfathers. I have seen the facilities at Leads and that University has all it takes to run Law or any other course for that matter.
Anyone who cares should visit the Law Library of this University. Most people talking on Nairaalnd had not been to that University. The owner of Leads , I dont know him from Adam, invested heavily on facilities and infrastructures. for instance, in Leads faculty of Law, the classes are A/C.I did three degrees in Unilag, one in Enginnering and two others at Masters degree, there is none of our classes with A/C. In Leads, there are Private rooms for those who can afford it while all other rooms are double rooms allow them to be there with no squaters. In Unilag as far back as 1979 we were 5-8 in a room. I understand the owner of LCU is Professor and a friend of Okojie. I salute a man who can achieve all that without the tithe and offerings of church members.OKOJIE IS ENVIOUS AND I GUESS HE WANTS TO DESTROY ALL THAT MAN LABOURED TO ACHIEVE WITH HIS 10-YR TENURE AS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY. I know that if the Council of Legal Education vists Leads University today, they will accredit it without delay but Okojie will not allow them to. He will continue to blackmail the schhool

How will expers - Professors accredit ALL the courses of a University just last year and less than a year you are suspending the Licence of the University saying their standard is poor. Is it that the accreditation team are silly.? NIGERIANS LET US WISE UP . OKOJIE IS ONLY BLACKMAILING LEADS UNIVERSITY and perhaps the others.If Okojie is sure of himself, let him publish his findings about this school and allow the universities to publish their response

Those advising Leads University are not fair to the institution. The university went to court last year on their Law Program and won.The University was accredited for Law by the NUC. Three month after, the NUC underthe leadership of Okojie withdrew the Licence without any cogent reason.The university went to court to enforce their competence to run the course. The court ruled that NUC was wrong and asked their accreditation restore while their students be allowed to proceed to Law school. NUC under the Leadership of Okojie failed to comply and went on appeal to footdrag the future of Nigerians . If Laeds win the Appeal Okojie and NUC will go to Supreme Court without complying with the court ruling, while the future of the graduates AND UNDERGRU are wasted
LET US BE FAIR, THERE IS NOTHING LEADS UNIVERSITY CAN DO THAT WILL EVER SATISFY THE PRESENT MANAGEMENT LED BY PROFESSOR OKOJIE. tHE MAN HAD ALREADY MADE UP HIS MIND TO ENSURE THAT LEADS UNIVERSITY CLOSE DOWN B4 HIS TENURE COMES TO AN END BUT GOD WILL DISLLOW HIM

As a parent,iam fed up with Nigerian Universities . If they attend Public Universities , you arenot sure they will graduate at the stipulated time because of incesant strikes by university staff and government inconsistent poicies. If you take them to private university, the ALMIGHTY POWER DRUNk NUC Executive Secretary and his men can revoke the University Licence at a will. Only in Nigeria can this happen
All over the world, Private and Public universities run Part Time Program not only to aurgment their income but also give those who cannot afford full time school the opportunity to improve themselves but Okojie scrapped it overnight to cripple some private universities that depends on it. It is unfortunate. When Prof Okebukonla was the NUC executive Secretary, our Universities were stable but Prof Okojie will crumble all in a short time. What a pity
Why the Poytechnics are stable , our universities are being crumbled. Why were Parttime not scrapped or suspended as Okojie had done for the Universities
. Everone is thinking of taking their wards to Ghana because there is stability in their system. Universities in Ghana are collaborating with foreign Universities to improve theie academic standards foe instance Kwame Nkrumah University - a public university collaborated with University of Ohio to run a 6-yr Doctor of Pharmacy while University of Ghana - the oldest Public Universty in Ghana still runs 4-yr Bachelor of Pharmacy. That is the level of academic freedom stiin Ghana. Such will never happen in Nigeria under the leadership of a man like Okojie. SOMEBODY HAD BETTER CALL THIS MAN TO ORDER B4 HE DROWNS ALL OF US. God bless Nigeria
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by jenti: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
The best way to know the hypocrisy of NUC is to look at the ranking of Nigerian universities.There are 107 Licenced Universities in Nigeria. Universities are ranked on the basis of facilities, staff per student ratio, administration etc. Joseph Ayo Babalola University is ranked 21st , Leads is ranked 51st while Bells is ranked 56th .
Poorer universities accredited by NUC
http://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by drstone1: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
rhymz: Hahahaha. . . Is it not obvious that you seriously have comprehension problems and confusing things?
Where in the link was it mentioned that any of these schools were founded by religious bodies. .LMAO and you query why I dey yab you?
HAVARD UNIVERSITY: Harvard University is an American private Ivy League research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, established in 1636 by the Massachusetts legislature. Harvard is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States
Harvard was founded in 1636 by vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, making it the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. Initially called "New College" or "the college at New Towne", the institution was renamed Harvard College on March 13, 1639. It was named after John Harvard, a young English clergyman from Southwark, London, an alumnus of the University of Cambridge (after which Cambridge, Massachusetts is named), who bequeathed the College his library of four hundred books and £779 pounds sterling, which was half of his estate.[20] The charter creating the corporation of Harvard College came in 1650. In the early years, the College trained many Puritan ministers.[21] The college offered a classic academic course based on the English university model—many leaders in the colony had attended the University of Cambridge—but one consistent with the prevailing Puritan philosophy. The college was never affiliated with any particular denomination, but many of its earliest graduates went on to become clergymen in Congregational and Unitarian churches throughout New England
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD: As the oldest university in the English- speaking world, Oxford is a unique and historic institution. There is no clear date of foundation, but teaching existed at Oxford in some form in 1096 and developed rapidly from 1167, when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris.
Cambridge University: The university grew out of an association of Cambridge scholars that was formed in 1209, early records suggest, by scholars leaving Oxford after a dispute with townsfolk.
The official founding of Cambridge University is traced to the enhancement, by a charter in 1231 from King Henry III of England, which awarded the ius non trahi extra (a right to discipline its own members) plus some exemption from taxes, and a bull in 1233 from Pope Gregory IX that gave graduates from Cambridge the right to teach everywhere in Christendom.
It is Obvious you are confusing the fact that besides the King of Englands Monarchy, the Popacy was a type of absolute Monarchy that was even stronger than the english Monarchy of the time. His edict or recognition of a Charter to an already existing higher school of learning does not trascend to the church founding this institutions.

Even John Havard was not the founder of the school. That he was the biggest benefactor of the school did not make him the founder.
And what are you on about Godly values and all that religious balderdash about clever devils. Who are you to tell somebody with differeny views about morals and God that they are right or wrong. Who made you an arbiter of right and wrong? This is exactly the arbitrariness that I am talking about. People forcing their own set of morals, justice, and sense of decency on others without respecting theirs. You need to stop this nonsense and realize you are not the only one with your own set of rules.

So the words clergy man, Papacy, Papal Bull, Christendom and the qoutes i showed you earlier sounded like arabic, islamic or secular to you....??
Funny... how the mind can be so bent to colour every thing in its own light. You have also buttressed my point, ie to show that all through the ages Christians, whether clergy men, Popes, Papal Bull, Christendom have been the champions of great institutions as we have them today. If however you cant build some thing better, at least have the humility of not pouring your bile on these institutions. They were built with certain aims in mind and for a target group. If you dont like them, make an alternative choice and not to pull down what you can not build that Thousands are benefiting from.

1 Like

Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by GeorgeD1(m): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2012
madonna university had it coming a long time, i guess. wink
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by eddielopez: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
TO ALL OF YOU THAT DIDN'T DO WELL IN THE POST UME, HERE IS ONE GRATE OPPORTUNITY FOR U TO BE ADMITTED. I GOT ADMITTED AND WILL BE RESUMING BY SEPTEMBER.
THANKS

CLICK ON THE LINK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
http://studying-opportunity..com
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Drslow: 12:19am On Oct 20, 2012
@CY09 i guess ur not in a private sku, some people got expelled for supposedly stealing 100 six card which she jus borrowed for nut call, someone else was expelled because his answer script was missing at d end of d day dey found it and called him bak afta a yr at home now d dude has dropped out cos he's lost hope, someone wud spelled because he didn't pay his fees within 3weeks, people got expelled for submitting course form late, annoda person wore handband and got xpelled even tho redeem sells convention hand bands and won't xpel u if u wear it buh u can't wear plain ones from outside, some hu collected someoneelse's phone and couldn't return it cos he ended up in d clinic on admission wuz xpelled cos dey tot he had gone to sell it. People lives av been ruined expelling people afta graduating some wuz because dey drank outside sku during holz, someone even committed suicide, givin people xtra yr for missing one class or jus one carry over, with d high sku fees. Students hu met a staff at a bar were xpelled afta he anonymously reported dem because dey were not nice to him. Getting xpelled for stealing sim card which u only borrowed for nyt call. Getting xpelled because of u had an xposed pix urself on ur fone. Many life's wasted many ar now on drugs cos d sku is stressful wit no source of relief or release. God help us, God forgives buh church Skool don't many 100l students got expelled within a month of resumption d joke is those in oda levels do worse and can't b caught its d novice dat gets expelled d real bad guys can't b caught dey av become hardened worse than people in govt skuz even
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Drslow: 12:29am On Oct 20, 2012
Dude I went to private Skool too yh, wuz in unilag for 4yrz did diploma twice had a car stayed in BQ and all buh av seen both sides so talk lyk u went to sku and not lyk an ignorant Bleep throwing stereotypes around abt private sku peps, look outside we run dis town and look at ma oda post if u can, I don't disagree abt d skuz bein high handed and such buh now insulting peps hu went there, if you skooled in 9ja am sure u wud travelled out to sku if u cud meaning u couldn't so u stayed hence u probably didn't go to private sku too cos u cudn't don't tell us u didn't cos it wuz bleeped because govt skuz ar more fuckd so it's d fees sinc skuz like igbins are secular at d same time private sku people, babes especially, are d largest party people
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Drslow: 12:56am On Oct 20, 2012
rhymz: Hahahaha. . . Is it not obvious that you seriously have comprehension problems and confusing things?
Even John Havard was not the founder of the school. That he was th biggest benefactor of the school did not make him the founder.

Sorry to point out d obvious but do u know what a catholic gown is? It's dat thing u wear at graduation and matric which shud tell u it's origin. Also it said dat d first university wuz established by Aristotle hu wuz a student Plato hu himself wuz tutored by Socrates, Aristotle wus also d tutor of Alexander d great. The origin of d university system wus to teach people how to be better people in society as well as rulers. Not how to balance account and such. Now look at d classical economists and co dey were church fathers,people like Adam Smith. The bible was responsible for interpretation and evolution of many languages to enable d gospel b preached as well as it wuz felt dat people were heathen because dey were illiterate and stupid so dey had to be educated so education went hand in hand with trying to make us better people and hence religion which also wanted us to b better.
But am still in support of u tho ur goin extreme, the schools are not facing reality of whats happening cosndey shud know it's not working buh really for many of dem it's jus a job so dey jus have to do it and enforce stupid rules which dey don't believe, also it is expected dat maturity shud allow u jus behave d way dey want and finish then go on with ur life because really drinking partying smoking fucking and all are jus trivial compared to what's at stake it's lyk goin abroad dey have laws which we consider stupid in 9ja buh u av to abide by it cos of Wotan at stake, dats part of what makes u a graduate it shows you have what it takes to do what ur job entails and get results
Look at it dis way even government skuz av stupid rules like where boys cant enga girls hostel, alsomd stupid curriculum and sadistic lecturers who force u to cram rubbish and do rubbish buh we know at d end not much wuz really learnt d employer knows dis buh still employs because uv shown u can do d job by graduating or why do u fink in many cases brilliant students still fail and have extra yr while lesser peps grad. Apply d logic to d church skuz and unwud see dat d rules are jus trivial and it's only kids dat wud complain abt such d way kids cry wen dey can't get what dey want from mummy
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Drslow: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2012
dr stone:

Seems to me you are dont know how to go about making research. Let me Get you started, you go and do the rest, instead of being petty and abusive, because what you seriously feel emotional about is being subjected to questioning. I have to be very laconic because of the brevity of space.
A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Harvard_University
With some 17,000 Puritans migrating to New England by 1620, Harvard was founded by ministers who realized the need for training clergy for the new commonwealth, a "church in the wilderness." It was named for John Harvard, its first benefactor. It received its corporate charter in 1650 and became a university in 1780.An early, anonymous description of the college, New England's First Fruits (1643) recalled:

"After God had carried us safe to New England, and we ... rear'd convenient places for God's worship ... dreading to leave an illiterate Ministry to the Churches, when our present Ministers shall lie in the Dust ... it pleased God to stir up the heart of one Mr. Harvard, a godly gentleman and a lover of learning ... to give the one half of his estate ... towards the erecting of a college and all his Library."
B
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Oxford
From its early days, Oxford was a centre for lively controversy, with scholars involved in religious and political disputes. John Wyclif, a 14th-century Master of Balliol, campaigned for a bible in the vernacular, against the wishes of the papacy. In 1530, Henry VIII forced the University to accept his divorce from Catherine of Aragon, and during the Reformation in the 16th century, the Anglican churchmen Cranmer, Latimer and Ridley were tried for heresy and burnt at the stake in Oxford.
C
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_University
Boston University (often initialized as BU) is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. With more than 4,000 faculty members and more than 31,000 students, Boston University is one of the largest private universities in the United States[6] and one of Boston's largest employers.[7] The university is nonsectarian,[8] but is historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church.[9][10]
D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Chicago
The University of Chicago was created and incorporated as a coeducational,[16] secular institution in 1890 by the American Baptist Education Society and a donation from oil magnate and philanthropist John D. Rockefeller on land donated by Marshall Field.[17] It emerged from a Baptist university of the same name that had closed in 1886 due to financial difficulties. William Rainey Harper became the modern University's first president on July 1, 1891,

Harper, a young Biblical scholar from Yale, incorporated into Chicago’s early charter a commitment to gender equality in both undergraduate and graduate education and, remarkably, considering the initial intention to found a Baptist institution, to an atmosphere of nonsectarianism. This commitment to an accepting environment and equal opportunity distinguished the university in its early years and holds firm today

Like is said You do the rest...
But note that Oxford was formed when English Students were denied from the University of Paris. The English did not sit down and cry wolf....They did something of their own. You do something.. better than criticizing other peoples efforts. Note, these are private Institutions and they have aims and purpose of establishing the University, so when you are there abide by there rules.
On the Second bolded in ur remark.
While it is intended to get a "universal education", what that means is subject to individual speculation and i dont think you cant get that i the private schools either. But if you mean to say they dont allow social activities as you think fit or give you atheistic philosophy and oultook and the encourage liberal views not in consonant with their aims, maybe you are right there. Not every type of Education is good for the purpose of developing human minds and building great soceities. The worst thing in Education is to train up a devious person without moral and Godly Values, it Produces Clever Devils. And in turn makes society the worse for it! Thats when we begin to churn out Learned cheats, intellectual cultists, funny revolutionaries and Well learned devious politicians, who breed chaos and anarchy. The Sponsors of Boko Haram fit into this number. In normal federal Universities you now spend 5-6yrs for a course of 4years etc.

Jus so u knw d clever devils u mentioned is exactly won christen skools produce many ar on drugs because it doesn't smell like alcohol and smoking, some eat weed instead of smoking so as not to get caught we've learnt to beat d system, many have resorted to stealing to sustain habits, girls hu wud do wot Eva it takes to go out of d prison for weekends and not get caught. We've learnt to b shady good outside all dressed up looking corporate in ties and suit, there's a joke we crack dat d best way to dub in an exam is to dress very well goin to extra lengths wearing waist coat and all so as to appear responsible dey won't fink of u dubbing, usually it's even d wayward students hu know how to dress, we pull it every where we have trouble dress very well bring out ur ID card and spk good English and u wud get free sometimes dey wud believe ur false statement ova odaz because ur lookin clean. Now see us afta we grad u will run for cover idle rich kids hu got spoilt by mistake. I knw people hu picked up smoking & drinking wen dey had extra yr d stress was much, and it's all abt d fees we behave because d fees are high and u literarily can't afford to be expelled dats our religion, MONEY I even know of students hu av gone on to become drug dealers and alsomthosenhu have had to go to rehabs and physch wards
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Drslow: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2012
rhymz: hahahaha. . At times I find it hard to believe that these people actually are humans with functining brains in their head. The management of these private Universities are more interested in making profit and increasing public patronage. From Madonna to Convenant to Lead City, they are all thesame thing. The only difference is the level of infrastructure they have but their management style is thesame, their philosophies are tied to one thing-maximizing profits. Before now, the Law department in Leed City was scrapped and the school took the matter to court. My friend there told me that the school fees increase was done in every session, she told me how some people had to drop along the way when it became obvious they could not continue to foot the bills.
In convenant, there have been reports of how Oyedepo and his gang arbitrarily rusticated almost a hundred students some in their final year, all because they did not come to the "assembly hall" or whatever they call their gathering with bibles. Imagine!!! We have heard of stories how the handlers in this school threaten and attack the psychy of students by using statements like, "your opinions do not matter", "you chose us, we did not choose you", all in a bid to pass the message that there is no freedom of expression of thoughts here. A Muslim student has been denied admission in convenant before on the basis of his religion, yet these rascals stand on the pulpit and preach about love and tolerance. Go to their website, there is no such thing as bursery or scholarship scheme, everyone pays for their education. The system inside the school is an autocratic one, you are not allowed to do anything until "Papa Go" says you can, you can't even think independly without the intimidating presence of Oyedepo sprawling all over your thoughts.
Na this kind schools na im person wan carry go outside naija and expect their certificates to be taken seriously. What qualification does Oyedepo hold to be the VC of a school? How many Professors, associate profs, visiting profs, exchange program and co do the students and staff engage in. . How many of their lecturers go on sabbatical anyway. With all the money they collect, why we never here of the 21 century state of the art engineering facilities in their schools, am curious to see their labs and machines. . All we see are just buildings occupying space. . .private University indeed
My people perish for lack of knowledge am HOD in my private sku use to b dean of social science in unilag our dean of arts is a former ambassador, i knw former HODs from unilag hu are jus parttime lecturers in my school. Talk abt find like IT, if u connect from my school wifi u av access to websites u ordinarily have to pay to register to see d publications in em am talking abt sites belonging to skools like Harvard
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by Drslow: 1:43am On Oct 20, 2012
dr stone:

Not surprised at comments like these. Same thing was used when LAMIDO SANUSI was being defended [/b]by some over his actions in the Banking sector. A prominent northern spokesman say that their grouse was that southerners and especially "Christians" dominated the ownership of Banks, and that they were out to reverse the trend. they further went head that, the best they way should do is to Nationalize these Private Banks, built by individual sweat and put in their stooges to Head and buy up this investments. Others added that a Bank that can further Islamic interests is the answer. So they tried to introduce [b]SHARIA COMPLIANT BANKs with government money. this type of sentiments was what necessitated the take over of Schools built by the sweat, blood and labour Missionaries years back. The Result, a steady decline in the quality of Education.

But using your own arguments and grouse against these Establishments as being set up to further christian views. This is the very reason BOKO Haramites are slicing the throats of "christian infidels" in the North. same reason why Northeners are apprehensive of western Education. Its root are actually Christian in Nature. Most of the Schools in Nigeria's Pre independence history were actually missionary built. However the missionaries did not close their doors to those willing to have an education in their domains.
Try and do a search, the first 150 Universities in the Western world were actually Christian theological institutions.. that includes the likes of Harvard, oxford etc. And i can confirm to you that any muslim Man of notable Ranking in this country has had missionaries contribute to their Enlightenement one way or another.

In the Far Northern Part of the Country where i grew up, Islamic religious Knowledge was forced on us when i was in primary school. And by Schools I mean Govt owned Schools. If it happens to be a Sharia compliant school, it is not even a question. You saw it before you opted for it.
Thoughts like yours is what stifles the spirit of free enterprise and liberty. Some of the Best intitutions of these country are owned by the Catholics. And when they do these things they give it all it takes, and that includes their vows,sacrifice, discipline, heart and sometimes their entire lifetime/Life. The Government owned institution are there who do not demand such discipline and sacrifice, why dont you focus your attention there or else get something of your taste that can be as good or better. To build Great institutions is not by empty talk, (Ask most Governments why they are not able to do things right). Instead of lets PULL THEM(ChristianINFIDEL CONMEN) DOWN down Bad-belle syndrome.. without any better alternative of your own to show on Ground, Give Kudos to individuals who are able to lift up he Quality of life of their own constituency and hope to emulate them for your constituency as well!!!! Thats how things get better done!!
Pls tell him, y does your convocation gown look like what priests wear
Av been everywhere skoold in LASU UNILAG now RUN so I tell u private skuz are worth it also look abroad presently church owned skools in d states ar more expensive than ours we want d same knowledge we learn d same theories read s same books and want to operate in d same global economy but we don't want to pay what dey payed to have it. Even Ghana over there is more xpensive even tho dey don't use generators 24hrz
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dr slow:
Dude I went to private Skool too yh, wuz in unilag for 4yrz did diploma twice had a car stayed in BQ and all buh av seen both sides so talk lyk u went to sku and not lyk an ignorant Bleep throwing stereotypes around abt private sku peps, look outside we run dis town and look at ma oda post if u can, I don't disagree abt d skuz bein high handed and such buh now insulting peps hu went there, if you skooled in 9ja am sure u wud travelled out to sku if u cud meaning u couldn't so u stayed hence u probably didn't go to private sku too cos u cudn't don't tell us u didn't cos it wuz bleeped because govt skuz ar more fuckd so it's d fees sinc skuz like igbins are secular at d same time private sku people, babes especially, are d largest party people
is this guy high on saw-dust or sth What are u on about? What has going to a private school got to do with anything, does it confer special knowledge different from conventional ones taught in other schools in Nigeria and abroad?
Shut up if you lack the mental capacity to make a coherent argument, you struggle to make sense.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by rhymz(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dr slow:

Sorry to point out d obvious but do u know what a catholic gown is? It's dat thing u wear at graduation and matric which shud tell u it's origin. Also it said dat d first university wuz established by Aristotle hu wuz a student Plato hu himself wuz tutored by Socrates, Aristotle wus also d tutor of Alexander d great. The origin of d university system wus to teach people how to be better people in society as well as rulers. Not how to balance account and such. Now look at d classical economists and co dey were church fathers,people like Adam Smith. The bible was responsible for interpretation and evolution of many languages to enable d gospel b preached as well as it wuz felt dat people were heathen because dey were illiterate and stupid so dey had to be educated so education went hand in hand with trying to make us better people and hence religion which also wanted us to b better.
But am still in support of u tho ur goin extreme, the schools are not facing reality of whats happening cosndey shud know it's not working buh really for many of dem it's jus a job so dey jus have to do it and enforce stupid rules which dey don't believe, also it is expected dat maturity shud allow u jus behave d way dey want and finish then go on with ur life because really drinking partying smoking fucking and all are jus trivial compared to what's at stake it's lyk goin abroad dey have laws which we consider stupid in 9ja buh u av to abide by it cos of Wotan at stake, dats part of what makes u a graduate it shows you have what it takes to do what ur job entails and get results
Look at it dis way even government skuz av stupid rules like where boys cant enga girls hostel, alsomd stupid curriculum and sadistic lecturers who force u to cram rubbish and do rubbish buh we know at d end not much wuz really learnt d employer knows dis buh still employs because uv shown u can do d job by graduating or why do u fink in many cases brilliant students still fail and have extra yr while lesser peps grad. Apply d logic to d church skuz and unwud see dat d rules are jus trivial and it's only kids dat wud complain abt such d way kids cry wen dey can't get what dey want from mummy
Seriously, which school did you claim to have attended, remind again. I need to make sure NUC direct their searchlights there, there is something fundamentally wrong with the type of knowledge they give in that mediocre school of yours . I find it difficult to believe you have seen the four walls of a classroom let alone attend a University-be it private or public.
The mumbo-jumbo you post is enough to give anyone that attempt to understand it some serious headaches.
Besides, from the little I was able to gather from the gibberish you ve been posting; you seem to have the false impression that there were no organized religions prio to the existence of Christianity, how old are you again?
Trust me guy, You are way above your head.
Go figure, there were very well organized religions with their administering priests with the full paraphernalia of office, wearing of gowns did not start with the Roman catholic church or even christianity, in case it has not occured to you, it was a priestly tradition that pre-dated christianity and was copied by the Roman Catholic church.
You have the I.Q of a toddler, you lack the mental skillset to argue with me, go and use your weak line of argument on some low i.q riff-raff like yourself, I aint buying this claptrap you are spewing.
Re: NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses by faceland: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
umunnatim:
please where is NOVENNA UNIVERSITY in the list,that school is the WORST UNI in NIGERIA.

Novene university is not on the list because the administrators knows how things are done in Nigeria (in terms of corruption). The church owned university should learn how to get their hands dirty (by giving bribes). Share about 4million naira among the inspectors from NUC, and charge every student 10k each for ‘disobedience and maintaince fees’ and at the end of the day, the school would end up with a profit of over 80 million.

Most private schools are “black market degree awarding institute” they are more expensive but are always available when the Federal and State uni are scarce. That is why 80% of 100 level student in ALL private university don’t have complete result or do not qualify to enter a federal or state uni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.