Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Steering Issues For Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Steering Issues For Toyota Camry (6017 Views)

Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by myke20: 1:25am On Jul 05, 2012
Pls help.My toyota camry 2003 model steering is making some noise.I topped d steering oil but d noise is still there.pls what should I do
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by charliemamen: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2012
i also have similar issues, but its obvious that mine is leaking, also the steering is hard, we need advise people
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by menthur79(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
yes, as long as there is noise emanating from your tering then it means dere is a leakage somewere. to confirm a leakage start your car and look into the power stering fluid container an see if it has white bubbles, then ur hundred percent sure it leaking
failiure to change it on time can damage ure steering wrack, we can be of assistance @ menthurtech, 08191840093
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by arumen(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
Your power steering pomp may be bad due to oil shortage which may have resulted from. Ensure to check for leakages, get them fixed, top oil appropriately and if noise persist, u may need to replace the pomp.
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by myke20: 5:14am On Jul 17, 2012
Mine does not show any sign of leakage.I checked under the vehicle and dere is no leakage.and also the power steering fluid is still @ its max position.dey said I should bleed it dat dere is air in the steering.my mechanic den said if I bleed it and the problem persist.I will have to buy a new pump
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by cinzo: 5:46am On Jul 17, 2012
It might not be power steering! Does the steering go stiff then relax again?
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by mdautotec(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
The power steering gear (rack) could possibly be leaking. It may not be so severe to show leakage on the ground, but this can be checked by removing the steering boot bellows from the inner portion of the steering gear assy. A small leakage could cause the fluid level in the reservoir to drop below the recommended/sufficient level; hence causing power steering pump damage (whining sound).

The fact that you have topped the p/steering fluid and the noise still persists it is safe to say the power pump is already worn/damaged due to insufficient lubrication.

It is also a good idea to inspect all the power steering hoses / lines.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by icemann(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
I would advice a flush before you make changes to the pump
The 03 Camry is a reliable car
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by Gagason(m): 1:37am On Jan 29, 2013
could be power steering belt also
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by ademolaadeyemi: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2019
GOod day everyone, please i need your advise concerning my toyota camry 03 power steering pump. I didnt know the hose got busted and all the power steering fluid drained out. I drove the car for 3km and i started noticing noise like metals grinding each other. The hand becomes more stiffer. My mechanic told me i have to replace the pump , someone also told me it can be repaired. Am confused , should i go for repair or replace the bad pump. Thanks.
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by successfem: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
I have same issue with my steering. When I drive While turtling it relatively soft but when I slow down with the brake pedal it gradually becomes stiff. I also notice little drops on the groundsevery morning too
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by successfem: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
I have same issue with my steering. When I drive While turtling it's relatively soft but when I slow down with the brake pedal it gradually becomes stiff. I also notice little drops on the ground every morning too
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by Fedrams: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
I also have similar experience wt my Camry, I spent close to 30k to replaced the steering rack only for the one I bought to be linking again after a month.
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
Fedrams:
I also have similar experience wt my Camry, I spent close to 30k to replaced the steering rack only for the one I bought to be linking again after a month.
That's tokunbo parts for you. Instead of buying another steering rack. Buy the seal kit and the boots from abroad and rekit. Changing hydraulic steering racks is a waste of time and money except they are new.
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by Billiebaba(m): 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
Your power steering pump is bad swap it out.
successfem:
I have same issue with my steering. When I drive While turtling it's relatively soft but when I slow down with the brake pedal it gradually becomes stiff. I also notice little drops on the ground every morning too
Re: Steering Issues For Toyota Camry by Henray02: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
I need help please , my 2004 camry steering rack is loose , can it be fixed ? When M on the highway, it sways side to side , I’ve changed the linkages and ball joints but no changes . My mechanic said it’s the steering rack , that I need to replace it . I need suggestions please
Can it be repaired or I should go for another ?

(1) (Reply)

Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? / Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. / Why Do People Drive When It Makes More Sense To Ride A Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.