Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Enlarging An Image - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Enlarging An Image (1817 Views)

Pls How Can I Resize An Image To Watsapp Dp Size / TUTORIAL! Greatly Enhance An Image In Simple Steps (PS CS3) / Corel Draw: Framing An Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enlarging An Image by kerenti(m): 12:58am On Dec 02, 2007
Hi Nairalanders.I've been trying to upload a picture on my blog but I need to enlarge it to my choice before doing this and all attempt to do so reduces the quality of the picture (makes it look somehow blurr) .Please what can I do to enlarge this picture and not loose its quality at thesame time,I don't know maybe the application I'm using is not the best for the action or I just don't get it but I use Microsoft Picture Manager?
Re: Enlarging An Image by rufaai(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2007
Hmm, undecided,

What Application do you use? I suggest you convert the image to Bitmap and before you increase the size. I don't know how tiny the picture might be.

Another suggestion, use an entire new image (large) and reduce to your own taste. grin

Well, what size is the original image and what size do you intend to make it? The larger you want it, the lesser the quality becomes! embarassed

Willing to help you, wink
Re: Enlarging An Image by astronp7(m): 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2007
Also you may also use Corel Draw. Paste the image on coreldraw (since its small), then export it in JPG format using a larger resolution (say 300). Optimize you image while exporting. I will also recommend Fireworks optimization or any other tool you may have.

All the best.
Re: Enlarging An Image by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2007
You cannot enlarge a picture without a reduction in quality. That would be magic. Think wink
Re: Enlarging An Image by adeysotd(m): 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2007
well, you can make use of the corel draw 12 software. by converting the picture to bitmap first, then u will export the picture. when u are exporting it, a dialogue box will appear where u chose the dimension you want and the measuring unit you want. then click on on OK.
Re: Enlarging An Image by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Dec 13, 2007
It's simply impossible. Logically impossible. It's like asking about how to turn a housecat into a grown lion.
Re: Enlarging An Image by Gamine(f): 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Seun

lol

abi ooh

i wan turn my volks wagen beetle into hummer!
somebody Help !!!!!
Re: Enlarging An Image by grafikdon: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2007
Ol boy, them tell you say elephants dem dey fly? Or shey Snakes dem dey get pregnant? If you like use Corel draw, if you like you Quarrel draw, your image will always be crappy once you go from D-A. grin grin

If you have access to a scanner, that will surely do the trick. Scan the picture and make sure you set the resolution to 300 dpi or more. That oughtta do it. Open in Photoshop or whatever and 'downsize' to a desired size. . .just play with it including downgrading the resolution to 72 0r 100 dpi (you ain't printing so. . .) but whatever you do. . .NEVER ENLARGE. . . you are better off reducing a large image than enlarging a small image. wink
Re: Enlarging An Image by tomX1(m): 6:39am On Jan 11, 2008
astronp7:

Also you may also use Corel Draw. Paste the image on coreldraw (since its small), then export it in JPG format using a larger resolution (say 300). Optimize you image while exporting. I will also recommend Fireworks optimization or any other tool you may have.

All the best.

Quite true.
1. This is how you can get it done in Corel Draw:
Import the image into your drawing area - In the import dialog box, under "Sort Type" choose Vector. Then import. This will import the image as a vector art .
2. Resize the picture to the size you desire. You will notice that it pixellates and become unclear, don't worry just yet . . .
3. On the bitmap menu, click on "convert to bitmap" and in the convert to bitmap dialog box set the resolution to atleast 300dpi and choose ok.
Your picture should be clear now.

I tried uploading samples but the files are larger than the max allowed upload.

(1) (Reply)

Adobe Illustrator Cc Pixel Problems / Challenge Your Skill And Make At Least $1000 Monthly.info Inside(click). / 3D Floors That Will Mess With Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.