Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Job Seeker Jailed One Month For N20,000 Theft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Job Seeker Jailed One Month For N20,000 Theft (474 Views)

Protest In Benin As “Pure Water” Sells For N20 / "I Got A Slap For Exposing Theft" –Sanusi, Emir Of Kano / Corper Jailed One Year For Forging Travelling Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Seeker Jailed One Month For N20,000 Theft by miteolu(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
An Abuja Magistrates’ Court on Thursday sentenced a 29-year-old unemployed man, Paul Abraham, to one month imprisonment for stealing N20,000.He was, however, given an option of N2,000 fine.
The Police Prosecutor, Cpl. Simon Emmanuel, had told the court that one Moresu Benjamin of the Nigeria Air Force, reported on June 28 that Abraham stole N20, 000 from his pocket.
The complainant said he boarded a tricycle at Kado Fish Market, Life Camp, Abuja, where he sat next to the accused. He said he later discovered that his wallet containing the N20, 000 was removed from his pocket.
“He started searching and the accused jumped out of the tricycle and ran into the bush but was caught by passersby,” the prosecutor said. The accused pleaded guilty to the offence but said, “I stole the wallet but the money fell from my hand while I was running away.”
The Magistrate, Hajiya Habiba Bello, in sentencing the accused, also ordered him to pay a compensation of N20, 000 to the complainant.

http://www.punchng.com/news/job-seeker-jailed-one-month-for-n20000-theft/

(1) (Reply)

One Year In Jail If You Are Caught With Motorcycle In Enugu Nigeria / Congrats To Gov Adams Oshiomhole.... / How Our Ancestors Gave Oshiomhole Victory – Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.