Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings (5970 Views)

Bisi Alimi Shops For Wedding Rings (photo) / Why Do Men Not Seem To Like Virgins? / Why are Men not Crazy about Tall Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by timimaybac(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2007
I SEE A LOT OF LADIES FLAUNTING THEM, EVEN WEN ITS AN ENGAGEMENT RING, U WOULD RARELY CATCH A MARRIED WOMAN WITHOUT HER'S
BUT WHY CANT THE SAME BE SAID ABOUT THE MEN. I LOOKED AROUND, AND FOUND THAT A LOT OF MARRIED MEN DONT WEAR THEIR RINGS.
IF U GAT REASONS WHY DIS IS, HOLA @ ME. AIGHT
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by jkpretty(f): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2007
I'm speaking for the guys

Becos, the ring is too tight.

Becos, the ring is not gold & has washed.

Becos the ring got lost, & no need of replacement.

Becos they don't love their wife any more.

Becos they just got a hot chic that must not know they are married so they remove it.

@ poster i don't think their can be anymore reason other than this.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by tumzy(m): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2007
we forgot them in the bathroom , besides the game still continues, abi??
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by jkpretty(f): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2007
tumzy:

we forgot them in the bathroom
That's an unadulterated lie & highly used tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by efuah(f): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2007
jkpretty:

I'm speaking for the guys

Becos they just got a hot chic that must not know they are married so they remove it.

@ poster i don't think their can be anymore reason other than this.
there's my dear, this particular one i quoted is mostly the reason, but sometimes it's becus he simply w0ona cheat angry that's all, no other reason is accepted grin

tumzy:

we forgot them in the bathroom , besides the game still continues, abi??
didn't u forget to wear ur panty/boxers as well angry embarassed grin
the game still continues, yeah, sure! so if ur wife forgets her own roams about with no ring, it's cool abi undecided what's good for the goon is also good for the gander tongue
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Nautillus(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2007
Have you gals/Ladies ever considered that guyz are not just "Into jewelry"
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by jkpretty(f): 11:04am On Dec 03, 2007
Nautillus:

Have you gals/Ladies ever considered that guys are not just "Into jewelry"

Nah! i don't buy that, "wedding ring is no jewelry"
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Nautillus(m): 11:09am On Dec 03, 2007
Ok, if you say so,

Anyway, most Nija guys dont like the feel of cold steel on the fingersespecially when you are always in an airconditioned enviroment

I know i dont, grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2007
but they can wear gold wristwatches and chain right
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2007
there's no excuse for it, except they want to cheat and see the ring as a barrier. shikena. cool
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Nautillus(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2007
Do you gal think that "Wedding bands slow guy down"

Believe me, it doesnt, in fact, it helps to drive home the point that all the guy wants

is a good lay and not a relationship ok. gbam grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by flyKUDE(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2007
i noticed that up north, a ring or no ring is no way of telling whethter or not a (wo)man is married, very few people actuallly wear them here.
, and of the origin of wearing rings in the first place? i also learnt that in rccg these days,they give bibles instead of wedding rings,so in that case,what do you expect?
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by onyekang1(f): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2007
Nautillus:

Anyway, most Nigeria guys don't like the feel of cold steel on the fingersespecially when you are always in an airconditioned enviroment

common! u can do better try again grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by passionwit(m): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
1. Becos the Ring is too Tight
2. Becos the Ring isnt pure Gold
3. Becos he is too stupid to know he is meant to wear it
4. Becos he feels it will stop outside runs
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by bebe2007(m): 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2007
Maybe there are just not comfortable with rings. Am like that too cannot wear a ring to save my life, feels very uncomfortable. Its not because they want to cheat or something, the ring does not stop anything do you know that??
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by btayo1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2007
Married Men do Cheat;
Married Women do Cheat;
And both do it Wearing or Not wearing a ring;
Some Guys are just not into jewellery; A some lock it up safely at home for the fear of losing and facing eternal nagging on the fact that they lost their ring.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by ifyalways(f): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2007
btayo1:

Married Men do Cheat;
Married Women do Cheat;
And both do it Wearing or Not wearing a ring;
Some Guys are just not into jewellery; A some lock it up safely at home for the fear of losing and facing eternal nagging on the fact that they lost their ring.

hmmmmn undecided
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by iice(f): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hmmmm know couples who don't wear their bands. . .doesn't necessarily mean the man/woman is cheating. . .they just don't wear it undecided
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2007
I  think its a personal thing.

Deeper-life Christiansamongst other religious cultures don'twear wedding bands . . . .  you do know that
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by lilrukevwe(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2007
A guy not wearing a ring means that he goit a hot chick he wanna date its true and false at the same time some girls are in the habit of dating married men reasons becos they are really committed becos if u are like 40 and u dnt have a wife or a very serious relationship and u approach a girl a girl wud take u 4 a player or a cursed person
so they got reasons 4 not doing tht though am nt married if i am i wud wear 24/7 cos i must love my wife come rain or sun oh
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Terminator: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
I find it astonishing that ppl esply ladies can jump to conclusion about a man not wearing a wedding ring cos he want to cheat. In Nigeria, the married men are the ones that flirt the most with their wedding rings on. Not wearing a wedding ring is not necessary indicative of a man that wants to flirt cos it does not prevent it if you wear one.
A lot of girls in Nigeria do not care about ur marital status except the ones that are in their late 20s or 30s and still single. The young ones that are between 18 and 26 0r 27 don't care about a man marital status as long as u can tk care of their needs.
I don't wear my wedding ring always cos I don't like it. I am always aware that it is on my finger and it makes me feel very uncomfortable, a kind of claustrophobic feeling. If I want to flirt which i completely detest, it wont prevent me even if i had one on my finger.
Women wear theirs cos the culture in Nigeria is that men chase. So the married ladies has to signify that they are not available. For a man, its left to u if u want to wear it or not. A man looks more responsible wearing one but if dont feel comfortable about it dont ve sleepless night over it.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Zandra1(f): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ poster, I guess my case is the opposite cheesy cheesy. My fiance wears the engagement ring always while I don't. Actually, he reminds me to wear mine when he sees that Ive taken it off.

@ Terminator, I also have a kind of a claustrophobic or uncomfortable feeling about it though I love the ring. I just had to explain that to my man.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by eddycapuro: 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2007
Basically to cheat.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by IykeD(m): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2007
The ring is too tight and could cause some discomfort, moreover guys are not known to be so much into jewelries.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by timimaybac(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2007
CHECK THIS OUT, I REALISED THAT IN THE EARLY PART OF MARRIAGE, MOST OF THE MEN ACTUALLY DO WEAR THEM, EITHER THEY DONT WANNA GET THEIR WIVES UPSET OR EVERYTIN IS STILL ROSY. BUT AS THEY TEND TOWARDS THE SO CALLED "MIDLIFE" STAGE, ALOT STOP WEARIN THEM, SUM L8ER PICK EM UP WHILE SUM LOOSE IT 4 LIFE, REASONS I DONT KNW, BUT I GUESS IT HAS TO DO WIT THE IDENTITY SHA'. AT A POINT MEN BELIVE DAT THEY DNT HAV TO CARRY THE MARRIAGE THING ON THEIR HEAD, JUS MA OPINION SHA,
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
timimaybac:

CHECK THIS OUT, I REALISED THAT IN THE EARLY PART OF MARRIAGE, MOST OF THE MEN ACTUALLY DO WEAR THEM, EITHER THEY DONT WANNA GET THEIR WIVES UPSET OR EVERYTIN IS STILL ROSY. BUT AS THEY TEND TOWARDS THE SO CALLED "MIDLIFE" STAGE, ALOT STOP WEARIN THEM, SUM L8ER PICK EM UP WHILE SUM LOOSE IT 4 LIFE, REASONS I DONT KNW, BUT I GUESS IT HAS TO DO WIT THE IDENTITY SHA'. AT A POINT MEN BELIVE DAT THEY DNT HAV TO CARRY THE MARRIAGE THING ON THEIR HEAD, JUS MA OPINION SHA,

are you speaking to from experience?

IykeD:

moreover guys are not known to be so much into jewelries.

speak for yourself
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by omoge(f): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2007
interesting, Oyinbo men wear theirs.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by janami(f): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2007
wedding bands on men? i really respect guys that wear theirs. I really do smiley
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by funmi123: 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2007
Some guys just doesn't like it. But as a matter of fact some married men prefer not to wear it for some 'awkard' reasons best known to them. But 85% of d reason is based on CHEATING. . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. GUYS TAKE TIME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by IykeD(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2007
@NajaHaje
I am speaking for the men folk and i am a subset of the set men.You don't have to tell me that cos u ain't no guy.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
If it's not lost, then only a man not proud enough to show off his wife will hide the ring.

My wife is beautiful, my band is 24k white- gold, and so i proudly wears it.
Re: Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 06, 2007
I don't think I like the idea of wedding rings. (I'm a lady)

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With A Man Marrying A Young Lady 13-15 Years Younger Than Him? / My Girlfriend Of 9 Years Says It's Over Between Us / Husband Catches Wife With Another Man On His Bed, Cuts Off His Manhood (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.