Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises (1104 Views)

Buhari Does Not Have The Vission,blue Print And Leadership Plan For The Country / Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / President Goodluck Jonathan`s Vission For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by chidichris(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2007
the FG has set 2012 as the realistic date to match electricity supply with demand - punch december 2,2007.(http://odili.net/news/source/2007/dec/2/420.html)
wow, the waiting continues. obj had earlier set 2007 but what did we achieve with less than a month to go?
who is out to guarranttee the patient and helpless nigerians that there is something realistic about this date?
who is out to assure nigerians that this vission will not go down the drains like the previous vissions?
for how long are we going to wait for all these unending promises?
yar adua shld equally let nigerians know how they will know that this vission is different one from what we have been getting and by so doing, he shld tell nigerians that from today till tomorrow, there will be electricity in aso rock and that from next week to next months national stadia will be experiencing uninterupted power supply.
for every project, there shld be a time table and observers' hopes are only kept alive when they see things progress according to the time table.
it is my wish that this promise will meet the terms and that our own money will be used wisely for our own interests.
God bless nigeria.
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by babasin(m): 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2007
these guys are pack of fools.

sadly nigerians just sat there and watch their live wasted away without fighting for their right.

shame.
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by buffead(f): 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
we dont want to cause war dats why lol lol lol
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2007
buffead:

we don't want to cause war that is why lol lol lol

Waybe we need such now. Cause this is just stupid. How long has the current guy been there now?? He leaves in 2011 ( I am guessing), How do we know he is not trying to make this about his staying another term by setting it for 2012? LMAO!!!

We need information ooo!!!!
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by mazaje(m): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2007
So Nigeria will remain with out adequate power till 2012? chie na wah ohhh people pls we need to take up arms and fight this bastards out of power what about the state of emergency that yaradua promised he will declare on the power sector? na wah ohhh.
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by blacksta(m): 9:25pm On May 01, 2009
2 years after it is now vision 2020
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by vigasimple(m): 11:45pm On May 01, 2009
You see PDP are complete FRAUD and 419. This is the reason I said Rebranding and repackaging by Madam Nafdac will not work.

Let me take you back to some of electricity history in brief.  Just around the time of election in 2007, PDP with OBJ and YAR A'LIAR said that there will be electricity in May 2007, and this President also said that he will declare emergency within 100days of being in office.

As of this week, the emergency will be 730days( 2 years) and no more 100days. where is the creibility. also there was no solution to power in May 2007.

Now, the current promises is dubious as well. 6,000MW by December 2009, in 8 months, then another 4,000MW to make it 10,000MW by 2011 (no date - as in MONTH)

Do anyone see the catch, PDP will have conduct another Presidential election in April 2011 and YAR A'NO Action will have been re-elected  and business will continue as usual. If they mean business of 10,000MW( which is not enough but at leats is better than 6000), they should complete that in December 2010, then we will see whether they are worth another term making it 4 terms in a row.

The other problem is non extistence of  of oppositon  ACTIONLESS CONGRESS AND ASSOCIATION OF NATIONAL PITIFUL PARTY. Until the opposition can start being proper opposition and stand for something other than everything. Infact they  AC and ANPP are propably worse than PDP as things stannd now. THEY ARE ALLL CHOP CHOP PARTY.

Mr. President show action and stop talking VISIONLESS 2020  and  NO 7 POINT AGENDA.
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by Ajudo: 1:09am On May 02, 2009
There ve been so many failed promises in the past. Obj promised 10 000mw but failed woefully. Well, december 2009 is at hand. Let's be patient as always. Let's see what d president can do this time. It has been 2 yrs of dormancy, but lets not lose hope. Above all, we ve a duty to Pray for Nigeria.
u can join forumnigeria..com for news & issues on Nigeria as they arise.
http://forumnigeria..com
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by CyberG: 5:06am On May 02, 2009
Anyone still wonder why he got the name: Yeah-I-do-nothing?? grin grin
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by Jakumo(m): 7:08am On May 02, 2009
To me,  promises of electricity to come are far more valuable than actual electricity delivered, just as the[i] promise [/i] of good sex is preferable to sex itself.

As long as the solemn pledge is made by someone with a sincere and SERIOUS face, nothing pleases me more than hearing whether it will be in 10 or 20 years time that Nigeria will finally be issued another promise of grid electricity, just as nothing excites and delights me more than an empty promise of some tasty red-snapper from a beautiful woman who has absolutely no intention of so much as letting me sniff her ass.

The pleasure is in the waiting and anticipation, but NOT in the delivery.   Impatient people please take note.

Mr. Yara-go-do-am, PLEASE issue some more visionary promises for me to salivate over, as I am bored today.

Promise all Nigerians that they will soon commute aboard 28 million dollar Gulfstream4 private jets, whenever they need to go and count cash in their Swiss bank accounts.

Promise them that automatic Norwegian or US citizenship will be awarded to all 419 letter writers, so that they can fly to Hollywood or Oslo to collect literary awards for thier email compositions.

Promise Nigeria's dying hospital patiients that high school dropouts from inner city America will soon be drafted to replace all those trial and error quack doctors currently operating on victims in Nigeria.

Promise that clean drinking water will soon be distilled from open gutter sewage water, so as to quench the thirst of Nigerians, while the remaining residue will be processed to make convenient gutter water concentrate inhaler bottles for all who like to get high.

Praise the Lord, and let the promising begin in earnest !
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by blacksta(m): 7:26am On May 02, 2009
Jakumo:

To me,  promises of electricity to come are far more valuable than actual electricity delivered, just as the[i] promise [/i] grin

As long as the solemn pledge is made by someone with a sincere and SERIOUS face, nothing pleases me more than hearing whether it will be in 10 or 20 years time that Nigeria will finally be issued another promise of grid electricity, grin

The pleasure is in the waiting and anticipation, but NOT in the delivery.   Impatient people please take note.

Mr. Yar I-go-do-am, PLEASE issue some more delightful promises for me to salivate over, as I am bored today.

Promise all Nigerians that they will soon commute aboard 28 million dollar Gulfstream4 private jets, whenever they need to go and count cash in their Swiss bank accounts.

Promise them that automatic Norwegian or US citizenship will be awarded to all 419 letter writers, so that they can fly to Hollywood or Oslo to collect literary awards for thier email compositions.

Promise Nigeria's dying hospital patiients that high school dropouts from inner city America will soon be drafted to replace all those trial and error quack doctors currently operating on victims in Nigeria.

Promise that clean drinking water will soon be distilled from open gutter sewage water, so as to quench the thirst of Nigerians, while the remaining residue will be processed to make convenient gutter water concentrate inhaler bottles for all who like to get high.

Praise the Lord, and let the promising begin in earnest !

grin

u don kolo
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by chidichris(m): 10:45am On May 03, 2009
[color=#006600]pdp+obj+yar adua > operation promise and fail.[/color]
Re: Vission 2012 - Electricity For All - Unending Promises by ChineduEZ: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
remember. .

(1) (Reply)

What Is It With Zamfara State! To Much Suya Or Wat / Pastor Tunde Bakare; Why Force The Dying On The Living / Governor Amaechi Terrorising The Poor - Pathetic ( Watch Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.