Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank (796 Views)

Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari / Northern Governors’ Move To Obtain Loans From Islamic Bank Illegal—senator Sani / Nigerian Islamic Bank Set To Begin Operation In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank by Ganys: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2012
Bishop Goodluck Akpore of the Christ Temple International Ministry, on Wednesday called on Christians to embrace and support the operations ofJaiz bank in the country.
Jaiz bank is a non-interest bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) to commence operation in the country.
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, National President of the Christians Association of Nigeria (NAN) had, in a statement, described the operation of the bank asa “total disregard” to the Nigerian Constitution, the Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act of 1991, as amended.
But Bishop Akpore who spoke at the 9th Annual General Meeting of Jaiz Bank Plc, in Abuja, urged Christians toembrace the bank's non-interest banking system.
He described Jaiz bank as transparent and prudent judging by its financial report, adding that no bank in Nigeria could be bold to give a thorough and details analysis of its expenditures.
“This is a thorough bank, I am a bishop, the highest authority in the Christian fold, I want to commend Central Bank of Nigeria for allowing the bank to stay and thereby encouraging all Christians to buy into the shares.
“Jaiz Bank is what we need in this country, it is the epitome of what an ideal bank supposed to be, it is transparent and can enhance the confidence of the shareholders. ”
According to him, since the bank is established based on transparency andintegrity, Christians should be encouraged to invest in the bank
``One thing that is important, don’t forget this, what are the instruments that control the management and operations of this bank, what are the instrument for the conventional banks?
``You have CAMA, you have Investments and. Securities Act (ISA) which is for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Bank and Other Financial Institutions Act (BOFIA) 2011.
``These are the same instruments that are used today to operate these banks in this country, and this is what they are using, so what is the big deal.’’
He said the position of the CAN president on the operation of Jaiz bankdid not represent the general opinion of Christians.
``We have gone to meet him severally(CAN president Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor), and we have tried to tell them that what you have on your mindcannot be for me, I have my own opinion. Business is a personal issue.
`` Let Christians go and establish Christian bank if it’s possible, if you want to do it, you go and establish and this same people will come and invest.
“Christians are not against this bank because it is not intended to foster theactivities of Muslims, it intends to foster stability in the banking industry in Nigeria.’’
The bishop, who is also the Chairman of the bank’s shareholders association,Onitsha branch, urged the bank to include both Christians and Muslims in its board.
He also advised the bank’s management to embark on aggressive publicity to explain the basic operations of the bank to Nigerians.
Source
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/28888/2012/07/04/bishop_urges_christians_embrace_noninterest_jaiz_bank.html
Re: Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank by Ganys: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2012
I know this kind of thread will not make FRONTPAGE...I know if it is Bomb bast now, Go slow for done catch this thread...Haba, Why is it that Anything islamic is hated on this forum. Mods, Do you want me to beg you in order to put this on frontpage? If some foreign news crab can make it there, Why cant this?
Re: Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank by Ganys: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ganys: I know this kind of thread will not make FRONTPAGE...I know if it is Bomb bast now, Go slow for done catch this thread...Haba, Why is it that Anything islamic is hated on this forum. Mods, Do you want me to beg you in order to put this on frontpage? If some foreign news crab can make it there, Why cant this?
Hmmmm...
Re: Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank by jmaine: 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Praise Master Jesus . . .Can the OP shout Hallelujah . . . cheesy . . .

The Clergy is entitled to his opinion, so no offeinse cool

1 Like

Re: Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank by Ganys: 11:36am On Jul 09, 2012
jmaine: Praise Master Jesus . . .Can the OP shout Hallelujah . . . cheesy . . .

The Clergy is entitled to his opinion, so no offeinse cool

Now, I know that the Mods are one Sided. Oga seun, This forum is losing its Well known balance and objectivities. If useless crab can make front page, Why cant this. I know if Sultan says "Islamic banking leads Others follows" It will be on Frontpage within seconds, and people will start throwing Jams on him...It UNFAIR OOOOH aunty Muki & Egon Seun
Re: Christian Leader Endorse Jaiz Islamic Bank by boyendowed(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2012
Ganys:
Hmmmm...

Why are you quoting yourself?

(1) (Reply)

Make your Contribution To d Process Of Drafting Gejs Article Of IMPEAPEACHMENT! / Ngige: NBA Elections: I Stand By My Position / The Harm Nollywood And Religion Cause Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.