Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (6499 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:
i have not read this comment and i cannot believe that anyone else will be st.upid enough to comment on a comment he has not read

O shat ap.

What NANSENSE.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

O shat ap.

You ashamed that you got exposed for you stup.idity?
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You ashamed that you got exposed for you stup.idity?

o SHAT AP again there.

Got nothing to prove to any dodos around here please.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

o SHAT AP again there.

Got nothing to prove to any dodos around here please.

What? You dont like plantain?
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What? You dont like plantain?

I prefer banku with raw pepper and fish
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ghostofsparta(m): 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:
the fact that you dont believe in them tells me you dont know about them.like i said earlier,i try to be conversant with different religions and i have had the fortune of working on a contract with the NTDC which required visiting every potential tourist site in the southwest.i visited almost every shrine in the southwest and i can tell you there is compelling evidence for these gods.i must state that i am not a believer in them but the adherrents of those faiths are just as dogged in defending their gods as christians and muslims.
just take a visit to the palace of the ooni of ife,or the ataoja of osogbo or even the oba of lagos.its possible you might not be allowed access into some areas but fortunately for me and my team,our NTDC tags got us into almost every part of those palaces and what we saw was bewildering.some attribute it to blackmagic,some to demons or even lucifer.

Ogbeni pls kindly STFU. What do you mean by 'dogged in defending their gods' Are you normal? Were the Yoruba traditional practices responsible for the Inquisition in Britain? Did they go witch hunting to start killing women in Yorubaland back then. Pls don't mix your influenced christeo-judaic knowledge with our belief system in order to justify the validity of the Christian God (Yaweh) and Arab God (Allah).

I hate to hear words like lucifer, black magic and demons especially when used to define or identify our Yoruba deitues.....its erroneous. For instance most Yorubas of today believes that Eshu is the same as thing the Christian's Satan the Devil....it's NOT.

We don't defend our deities, like the Islamic fanatics do by killing for their blood thirsty Allah and also the fundamental christians in the past who condemned others as heathens and claimed their lands, steal their resources e.g. New World, Africa, Papua New Guinea, etc.....if you disbelieve in Shango and even go to the extent of defiling it by peeing on it.....no Shango priest or Shango adherent would yell 'blasphemy' or 'kai! Awusubishango' and kill you....shango will defend itself when charged to......so I ask you again what do you mean by 'dogged defending of their gods'?

Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2012
Neo-Pagan, Henothesit, Deist, Cultural activist, Scientist, Skeptic, Technologist, Atheist

Please do not put the two bolded words in the same sentence again.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

You mad? Deist is an atheist with no convictions
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You mad? Deist is an atheist with no convictions

Abeg go COLLECT refund of ya school fees.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Abeg go refund ya school fees.

Sorry, are you a christian deist?
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sorry, are you a christian deist?

Deism (i/ˈdiː.ɪzəm/[1][2] or /ˈdeɪ.ɪzəm/) is a religious philosophy which holds that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that the universe is the product of a creator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Got it?
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Deism (i/ˈdiː.ɪzəm/[1][2] or /ˈdeɪ.ɪzəm/) is a religious philosophy which holds that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that the universe is the product of a creator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Got it?

Christian deism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_deism
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Christian deism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_deism

O we know that -

Deep Sight: ^^^ That is not true. There are many different schools of Deism. Many regard worship as irrelevant, but others do worship. There was even once, i think, a "Church of Deism" or something like that which i think morphed into Unitarianism or something like that.

There is even christian deism. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Deism

https://www.nairaland.com/330936/questions-all-athiests#4642668

What I was addressing is the ridiculous statement that deism is merely atheism without conviction.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

O we know that -

https://www.nairaland.com/330936/questions-all-athiests#4642668

What I was addressing is the ridiculous statement that deism is merely atheism without conviction.

It is a joke, just like "an agnostic is an atheist with no balls"
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

It is a joke, just like "an agnostic is an atheist with no balls"

ALRIGHT DADDY MAC! Gotcha now!
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ghostofsparta(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

King of Mumu.....you think I didn't think about it before putting it there.....go through my older posts and ctrl+f several places where I said I'm only atheistic toward the three abrahamic faiths.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ZUBY77(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Abeg go COLLECT refund of ya school fees.

I guess you are on a mission from God to derail this topic. F you cant make any good argument here like others, please leave. I am learning something from here. what you are doing is satanic, unless a satan is someone who doesnt attend the same church as you.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by Delafruita(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Ogbeni pls kindly STFU. What do you mean by 'dogged in defending their gods' Are you normal? Were the Yoruba traditional practices responsible for the Inquisition in Britain? Did they go witch hunting to start killing women in Yorubaland back then. Pls don't mix your influenced christeo-judaic knowledge with our belief system in order to justify the validity of the Christian God (Yaweh) and Arab God (Allah).

I hate to hear words like lucifer, black magic and demons especially when used to define or identify our Yoruba deitues.....its erroneous. For instance most Yorubas of today believes that Eshu is the same as thing the Christian's Satan the Devil....it's NOT.

We don't defend our deities, like the Islamic fanatics do by killing for their blood thirsty Allah and also the fundamental christians in the past who condemned others as heathens and claimed their lands, steal their resources e.g. New World, Africa, Papua New Guinea, etc.....if you disbelieve in Shango and even go to the extent of defiling it by peeing on it.....no Shango priest or Shango adherent would yell 'blasphemy' or 'kai! Awusubishango' and kill you....shango will defend itself when charged to......so I ask you again what do you mean by 'dogged defending of their gods'?
do you even understand the meaning of the word "dogged"?i will assume your misinterpretation of that word made you lose sight of the context of the post and then i'd advice you read through it again and do the mature thing by apologising
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
ZUBY77:

I guess you are on a mission from God to derail this topic. F you cant make any good argument here like others, please leave. I am learning something from here. what you are doing is satanic, unless a satan is someone who doesnt attend the same church as you.

O shat ap.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by DeepSight(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
ghostofsparta:

King of Mumu.....you think I didn't think about it before putting it there.....go through my older posts and ctrl+f several places where I said I'm only atheistic toward the three abrahamic faiths.

O clear off.

That is a misuse of the word "athiest".
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

The title put me off. What ridiculous nonsense.

This self-congratulatory fellow has not even scratched the surface of what many eminent atheists on this forum have put forth. His threads a childish and st.upid, shallow, devoid of intellect or scholarship, and frankly irritating.

I was wondering when everyone would come to such a glaring conclusion. It is one thing to be debating atheism with the likes of KAG, mazaje or even thehomer. To be arguing such issues with children like logicboy/macdaddy is a waste of time.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
davidylan:

I was wondering when everyone would come to such a glaring conclusion. It is one thing to be debating atheism with the likes of KAG, mazaje or even thehomer. To be arguing such issues with children like logicboy/macdaddy is a waste of time.

lololololololol.......na beef? Sorry, I am not some neutered atheist that will compromise with religious blowhards of your kind.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:
to be honest,i just glanced through your posts because they were incomprehensible.i probably have my low level of education to thank for that or maybe you just didnt lay out your points sequentially.whichever,i didnt get to read them in entirety but i could perceive that you are the typical christian whose only argument is "God created the world","if God didnt,then who".i have to commend logicboy/macdaddy for dutifully replying your posts and i believe he has made most of the necessary points.my question for you is simple:
give one evidence outside the Bible for the eistence of Yahweh

Guy, wetin? U for read my posts ni before u jump to conclusions na. Na wa o. Seriously, wetin concern me concern whether u believe say God de or u no believe am?
I just hate that anybody should feel obliged to force their belief/unbelief down any other person's throat. But nonetheless, what the hell? This thread isn't working sha. It seems that to stay on it, I have to bandy insults too. Not my thing.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Guy, wetin? U for read my posts ni before u jump to conclusions na. Na wa o. Seriously, wetin concern me concern whether u believe say God de or u no believe am?
I just hate that anybody should feel obliged to force their belief/unbelief down any other person's throat. But nonetheless, what the hell? This thread isn't working sha. It seems that to stay on it, I have to bandy insults too. Not my thing.

Bros, no vex. It's just how things go when we are explaining beliefs
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ghostofsparta(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
davidylan:

why are you desperate to "free" your brothers? Dont they deserve the right to their own personal choices? undecided

Not when their 'stupidity' jeopardises others.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ghostofsparta(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:
do you even understand the meaning of the word "dogged"?i will assume your misinterpretation of that word made you lose sight of the context of the post and then i'd advice you read through it again and do the mature thing by apologising

I apologise...but will still say don't equate Yoruba believe system with christeo judaic folklore....its wrong to do that....a lot unknowingly do that in Yorubaland.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ghostofsparta(m): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

O clear off.

That is a misuse of the word "athiest".

No its not....atheism is the opposite of theism i.e. Not accepting organised religions and also disbelieve in the supernatural or whatever supernatural claim that can't be proved....so I can be atheistic towards Christianity and Islam but theistic on Ifa because I have seen proof of certain supernaturality. Ifa is simply henotheistic and within it contain a particular aspect called 'ishgun' where what for argumentative sake will call 'magic' (not the trick and illusory types)
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by ghostofsparta(m): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
davidylan:

With all due respect sir, you are not only a waste of time...but also a waste of space and bandwidth. LogicBoy/MacDaddy/LogicMind/LogicBoy01 are deeeep thinkers like me.
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
ghostofsparta:

With all due respect sir, you are not only a waste of time...but also a waste of space and bandwidth. LogicBoy/MacDaddy/LogicMind/LogicBoy01 are deeeep thinkers like me.

Ridiculous. grin grin

Again the fallacy of automatically assuming that an atheist must needs be a "deep thinker".
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Not when their 'stupidity' jeopardises others.

How does your neighbor going to church jeopardize you? undecided
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by MacDaddy01: 12:35am On Jul 10, 2012
davidylan:

Ridiculous. grin grin

Again the fallacy of automatically assuming that an atheist must needs be a "deep thinker".

Where did he imply that?? You love thrwoing strawmen and putting words in people's mouths dont you?
Re: The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) by Nobody: 3:14am On Jul 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Where did he imply that?? You love thrwoing strawmen and putting words in people's mouths dont you?

You're either a deliberately dishonest person or you truly are blind. Read his comment again...

ghostofsparta:

With all due respect sir, you are not only a waste of time...but also a waste of space and bandwidth. [size=18pt]LogicBoy/MacDaddy/LogicMind/LogicBoy01 are deeeep thinkers like me[/size].

on what basis does he claim that both himself and yourself are "deep thinkers"? Seriously... for all the drama i give mazaje and thehomer... those two sometimes pose intelligent questions that set me thinking... you on the other hand are nothing but an excellent troll.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Celebrities @ COZA 17th Anniversary Celebrations In Abuja / What Was The Main Message In Your Church Today? / I Can Prove That God Does Not Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.