Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark (11300 Views)

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong / I Will Expose Muazu Underhand Dealings With APC – Fayose / Yoruba Leaders Expose Corrupt Dealings Between Fashola And Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by LocalChamp: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
We will expose corrupt senators – Mark
On July 8, 2012 · In News 12:50 amEmail1

By HENRY UMORU

SENATE President David Mark has vowed to expose corrupt senators and those engaged in acts capable of tarnishing the image of the National Assembly.

Mark stressed that no amount of blackmail will deter the institution from carrying out its oversight functions. He, however, cautioned members of the public against compromising lawmakers in the discharge of their duties, stressing that the National Assembly will continue to clear itself in its strong determination to meet the expectations of the electorate.

Speaking at the National Assembly-Private Sector Forum organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) in Lagos, the Senate president noted that allegation of corruption against the National Assembly was exaggerated.

According to him, “There are those who say that the National Assembly takes the bunch of the budget. This is very ridiculous. I know that what goes to the National Assembly is not more than 2.5% of the total budget. The National Assembly members are always accused of corruption but Nigerians ,to a large extent ,are responsible for this alleged corruption.

”If a businessman gives a bribe to a lawmaker, is it only the lawmaker that is corrupt? If the business man didn’t offer the bribe, the lawmaker will not accept. But the question remains: Why did he accept it? If our National Assembly members are found wanting, we will discipline them.

“We will clean our house to earn the respect of those that elected us into our respective offices. We will continue to clean our house and those who bring us to shame will get their punishment accordingly.”

Stressing that the legislature as an arm of government is on a steady growth and improving by each legislative day, Mark recalled that the level of rancour that characterized the legislative houses between 1999 and 2003 has been reduced.

“We would continue to improve on legislative business until we attain a level where the average Nigerian will be satisfied with our performance”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/we-will-expose-corrupt-senators-mark/
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
and i hope the Nigerian people will help you achieve exactly that, Mr Mark
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by flow1759: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: and i hope the Nigerian people will help you achieve exactly that, Mr Mark

benue thief mark
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
When will Nigerian Leaders not only expose but punish their corrupt mates accordingly

4 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
flow1759:
benue thief mark

That is beside the point. The man has promised to do the job. It is now up to people to take him up on it, and help cleanse NASS of all the maggots. That includes his person if he is found guilty.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
"Action speaks louder than voice".

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by DICKtator: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
Yeah. Starting with you. Mark my words!!!!(Pun intended).

"He who comes before the law must come with clean hands"

Now tell me, who get clean hands?

undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Lordave: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
It'll actually start with you Mark.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by nijanigga: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
To set a thief to catch a thief. David mark is the biggest thief in the senate.David Mark who stashed $$$$s in his a s s hole.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by brownlord: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mark, Mark, Mark, i will not read this statement i only read the headline have this to say YOU ARE VERY STUPID
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mark is a complete disgrace for making statement like this if an honourable member is given bribe he or she should do the honorable thing by refusing and exposing that person.
In conclusion
They are all thieves but Na who dem catch be thief
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Biggyd2: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
Start naming them already joor and stop the threats abi promises! Start naming your own bit (list A) and the people on your list will name the others they know (list B). I hope your name will not be on the list "B". My thinking sha will be that someone will be shooting himself in the foot.

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by NaijaNaWaa: 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
[size=40pt]IDL[/size]**

**I dey laff
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by ebamma(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
see who is talking
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by didfy: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
YOUR RIGHT MR........NEXT PLEASE!!!!!!
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2012
Oga Mark, we don dey hear dat talk since 1999, complete ur tenure make you waka comot!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by manugbo(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
who will expose who?

PLS TELL HIM THAT NIGERIANS HAVE GONE PASS THAT LEVEL

PLS TELL HIM WE DONT NEED HIS HELP.

THINGS WILL DEFINITELY PLAY OUT
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

[b]That is beside the point. The man has promised to do the job. [/b]It is now up to people to take him up on it, and help cleanse NASS of all the maggots. That includes his person if he is found guilty.
How can that be "beside the point"?? How can a well known thief promise to expose other thieves in future, and WE, the people who know about the well known thief, give his words any worth??

As far as I'm concerned the Senate is the worst performing unit of government in this country since 1999. I mean say what you want to say about the house of reps, but at least we have seen some sort of dynamism (positive and negative), opposition, evolution and scandals coming to the forefront to hopefully strenghten this thing we call democracy. On the other hand, the SENATE which was at the forefront in the begining under Okadigbo, has been totally docile and remained re"mark"ably unchanged, unflinching and disrespectful to court orders under the leadership of this King of thieves.

I had a relative who served in the House as a personal aide to a legislooter who assured me for every "deal" a. House of Rep member makes the Senate is getting there cut and doing 3 more. Obviously it is easier to steal large amounts, keep the confidence of the payer and keep it quiet when your circle is small (pension scam anyone?)

Anyway I just pray Nigerians wake up early enough and don't give another lame "no shoes excuse", because if they think a Badluck Johnathan presidency is the worst thing to happen to us, just patiently wait for a "let's settle the boys" David Mark Presidency to come in, with the amount of "goodwill" and "friends" he has, we will all be on our knees.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by violent(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
We plan..

We intend..

We will..

We shall...

We anticipate...

We expect...

We hope...

We may...

We are...

all forward looking statements with absolutely no substance. David Mark is a disgrace!...He is everything shameful rolled up in one single body. Under his watch as one of the longest serving senate President this country has ever had, the country's plight has gone from bad to horrifying.

Our laws have been ra[i]p[/i]ed, Justice has been sold for cheap, free speech has been repressed, people have been blown up in their homes, horryfing scenes of air disasters have been forced upon us, more people are out of Jobs, our banks are no longer stable, the future has been stolen from our children's children.

Senator Mark does not deserve the respect of any meaningful individual anymore. He will be remembered as one of those who came, looted us dry and left us empty. He will be remembered as the son of a worm who travels abroad on the public's watch while our hospital's have turned to morgues. He will be remembered as one, under whose watch, the people can no longer sleep safely in their own homes.

Sentor Mark can keep his mouth shut!..This is not the time to distance himself from the dirt. He chose the side he wishes to be on ages ago, and it definitely wasn't with the People that elected him into office. I hope posterity continues to lay curses at their doorstep and to their graves.

11 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Andro Blaze:
How can that be "beside the point"?? How can a well known thief promise to expose other thieves in future, and WE, the people who know about the well known thief, give his words any worth??
A well known thief that the people re-elected only last year? A well-known theif that continues to occupy an important seat in the Nation.

Look, it is too easy to sit and call them all thieves, but at the end of the day, either you get off your butt and present whatever evidence you have to shame 'em and maybe get others to push him out,or you accept that this is what you have to work with to get what you want.

So whether you think him a thief of not, that is beside the point. What is is that the man sits as senate president, and he is right that we need to get the trash exposed, and out. How, only the people will decide that one.
Andro Blaze:
As far as I'm concerned the Senate is the worst performing unit of government in this country since 1999. I mean say what you want to say about the house of reps, but at least we have seen some sort of dynamism (positive and negative), opposition, evolution and scandals coming to the forefront to hopefully strenghten this thing we call democracy. On the other hand, the SENATE which was at the forefront in the begining under Okadigbo, has been totally docile and remained re"mark"ably unchanged, unflinching and disrespectful to court orders under the leadership of this King of thieves.

I had a relative who served in the House as a personal aide to a legislooter who assured me for every "deal" a. House of Rep member makes the Senate is getting there cut and doing 3 more. Obviously it is easier to steal large amounts, keep the confidence of the payer and keep it quiet when your circle is small (pension scam anyone?)

Anyway I just pray Nigerians wake up early enough and don't give another lame "no shoes excuse", because if they think a Badluck Johnathan presidency is the worst thing to happen to us, just patiently wait for a "let's settle the boys" David Mark Presidency to come in, we will all be on our knees.

It is easy to sit and tell stories. What Nigeria needs are active citizens, and it really does not take much to act. You claim your relative worked there as a personal aide. Na only story im bring back for you?

Like I said, the man has made yet another vow, it is up to the Nigerian people to see to it that he does not go back on it.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by tommykiwi(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Na Today We Done dey hear this story......Dis na June 12 ...
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Talk is cheap. You should have used a senator to give an example. You can't because even you are guilty of massive corruption. Anyway start with yourself.

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Aifey(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
violent: We plan..

We intend..

We will..

We shall...

We anticipate...

We expect...

We hope...

We may...

We are...

all forward looking statements with absolutely no substance. David Mark is a disgrace!...He is everything shameful rolled up in one single body. Under his watch as one of the longest serving senate President this country has ever had, the country's plight has gone from bad to horrifying.

Our laws have been ra[i]p[/i]ed, Justice has been sold for cheap, free speech has been repressed, people have been blown up in their homes, horryfing scenes of air disasters have been forced upon us, more people are out of Jobs, our banks are no longer stable, the future has been stolen from our children's children.

Senator Mark does not deserve the respect of any meaningful individual anymore. He will be remembered as one of those who came, looted us dry and left us empty. He will be remembered as the son of a worm who travels abroad on the public's watch while our hospital's have turned to morgues. He will be remembered as one, under whose watch, the people can no longer sleep safely in their own homes.

Sentor Mark can keep his mouth shut!..This is not the time to distance himself from the dirt. He chose the side he wishes to be on ages ago, and it definitely wasn't with the People that elected him into office. I hope posterity continues to lay curses at their doorstep and to their graves.
ure on point. They are all killin n rapin d Nation.

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
violent: We plan..

We intend..

We will..

We shall...

We anticipate...

We expect...

We hope...

We may...

We are...

God bless you my brother.

To think this same Brig David Mark was one of the people who threatened IBB that if he handed over to Abiola he would shoot him (Abiola) on the day he is sworn in, is the same human being that has enjoyed the "dividends" of democracy more than any other person in this country, makes one wonder when WE as Nigerians will learn the importance of the word JUSTICE.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by alaoeri: 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
Who's David mark? Abeg he should STF cry
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Drfox(m): 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
Maybe u pple can start by reducing the fat salaries u senators take for doing nothing
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by senben(m): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mr,Honorable Mark sir,are U talking about Ur first term,Second Term or Third Term as senate president or are assuming exposing them,,,hhhhmm hhhhmmm may in Ur grave People Deceiving People.....sccheewww
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by mikey2fin: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
May God WIPE OUT all The so called Law makers in Nigeria. You Politicians are the Course of Nigerian problem today
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:
A well known thief that the people re-elected only last year? A well-known theif that continues to occupy an important seat in the Nation.

Look, it is too easy to sit and call them all thieves, but at the end of the day, either you get off your butt and present whatever evidence you have to shame 'em and maybe get others to push him out,or you accept that this is what you have to work with to get what you want.

So whether you think him a thief of not, that is beside the point. What is is that the man sits as senate president, and he is right that we need to get the trash exposed, and out. How, only the people will decide that one.

It is easy to sit and tell stories. What Nigeria needs are active citizens, and it really does not take much to act. You claim your relative worked there as a personal aide. Na only story im bring back for you?

Like I said, the man has made yet another vow, it is up to the Nigerian people to see to it that he does not go back on it.

This is why some people refuse to engage any of you diaspora people, it's like your African brains have been fried.

I mean what does exposing any of his corruption have to do with anything, this is Nigeria for God's sake??

Was Yerima not exposed and proven as someone who married an underaged girl?? Please tell me where he is right now.

Was Omisore not fully implicated in the only recorded murder of a sitting attorney General anywhere in the world?? Did he not win his election in a jail cell??

We have Femi and Lawan both saying Lawan took $620k that didn't belong to him, tell me where he is right now

What does exposing anyones crimes have to do with JUSTICE in Nigeria??

Please if you want to continue debating, be realistic. Like someone already said, it is not the exposing we have an issue with in Nigeria, it is the punishment.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Exponental(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hmmmmmmn.......
Can a thief catch a thief?
The only way is to legalise an act that can prosecute a serving or
a served politician and the punishment should be death if found wanting.
Any other thing na film trick
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Ideevic(m): 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
It is not the mata 2 expose corrupted members of Nass.but to punish them according.Now what was Bankole punishment aft being arrested.the punishment shld b pointplank 4 public officer 2 learn.

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Effwazobia: 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
LocalChamp: We will expose corrupt senators – Mark
On July 8, 2012 · In News 12:50 amEmail1

By HENRY UMORU

SENATE President David Mark has vowed to expose corrupt senators and those engaged in acts capable of tarnishing the image of the National Assembly.

Mark stressed that no amount of blackmail will deter the institution from carrying out its oversight functions. He, however, cautioned members of the public against compromising lawmakers in the discharge of their duties, stressing that the National Assembly will continue to clear itself in its strong determination to meet the expectations of the electorate.

Speaking at the National Assembly-Private Sector Forum organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) in Lagos, the Senate president noted that allegation of corruption against the National Assembly was exaggerated.

According to him, “There are those who say that the National Assembly takes the bunch of the budget. This is very ridiculous. I know that what goes to the National Assembly is not more than 2.5% of the total budget. The National Assembly members are always accused of corruption but Nigerians ,to a large extent ,are responsible for this alleged corruption.

”If a businessman gives a bribe to a lawmaker, is it only the lawmaker that is corrupt? If the business man didn’t offer the bribe, the lawmaker will not accept. But the question remains: Why did he accept it? If our National Assembly members are found wanting, we will discipline them.

“We will clean our house to earn the respect of those that elected us into our respective offices. We will continue to clean our house and those who bring us to shame will get their punishment accordingly.”

Stressing that the legislature as an arm of government is on a steady growth and improving by each legislative day, Mark recalled that the level of rancour that characterized the legislative houses between 1999 and 2003 has been reduced.

“We would continue to improve on legislative business until we attain a level where the average Nigerian will be satisfied with our performance”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/we-will-expose-corrupt-senators-mark/

No David Mark, keep shielding your fellow thieves and keep decieving us with empty promises (just like the bolded part). Your cup go full one day. Just go and visit Senator Gyang Datong in hell fire and ask him how he got there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Not In New York With 600-man Delegation – Abati / Obiano And Wife At Anambra 2016 Immunization Programme - See Photos / Senate Considers Climate Change Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.