Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare (17062 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by OmanIman: 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
I personally don't like Pastor Bakare nor his politics.

I feel offended by his metaphysics of life which is mixing religion with politics. To me,this is the most dangerous tool any man could wield, particularly in Nigeria where religion is indeed the opium of the masses.history depicts men who get intoxicated from the deadly mix as power drunk men who are of questionable character. Check out the likes of the Borgia family, Henry VIII and the likes who end up not practising what they preach!

politics to me involves having to compromise your values and most times, morals which for Bakare has been depicted in his silence over the 2011 post-election crisis which led to killing of innocent people and those unfortunate corps members in the core north. Yet this "pastor" mounts the pulpit every week without condemning the act of violence..instead he blames government for the ills in society,forgetting he is "unequally yoked" with an unbeliever..general buhari, a bloodthirsty unbeliever.

Bakare would never advice nor encourage a Christian girl or boy in his church to marry a Muslim if the truth be told cos he would say its against gods will. So I ask, why would he then compromise himself? Will the real Pastor Tunde Bakare please stand up?

11 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Biafra4sure: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
bakere abi na tunde is seems to be confused but i pray that God will help him to recall and fulfill his calling as a minister of God. I wonder sometimes, how a man of God will like to be under an evil and forbiden man like Atiku. What did bakere want that he don't have? There is really the end time when many shall fall from the faith, walking after the flesh and not after the spirit. May God have mercy on him because he has missed the road of life.

1 Like

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by kunlekunle: 3:32am On Jul 10, 2012
so you require God to interprete the constitution, to know your rights, to raise alarm when things are wrong?
thou iNAIJA

4 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Mandelaguy(m): 5:32am On Jul 10, 2012
Bakare is not to be trusted. I have nothing against men of God in politics(it's all about desire for change),what I am against is the manner and losing core values when thirsty and dying to grab power,such men can sell their souls to the devil if it will give them the power they so much crave. His congregation should re-examine him and make their decisions. If I ever find myself in his church,then I will either know am hallucinating,having a bad dream or plain dead.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by 1025: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2012
I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE PASTOR BAKARE NOR HIS POLITICS.I FEEL OFFENDED BY HIS METAPHYSIS OF LIFE WHICH IS MIXING RELIGION WITH POLITICS.TO ME,THIS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS TOOL ANY MAN COULD WIELD, PARTICULARLY IN NIGERIA WHERE RELIGION IS INDEED THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES.HISTORY DEPICTS MEN WHO GET INTOXICATED FROM THE DEADLY MIX AS POWER DRUNK MEN WHO ARE OF QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER...CHECKOUT THE LIKES OF THE BORGIA FAMILY,HENRY8 AND THE LIKES WHO END UP NOT PRACTICING WHAT THEY PREACH!POLITICS TO ME INVOLVES HAVING TO COMPROMISE YOUR VALUES AND MOST TIMES,MORALS WHICH FOR BAKARE HAS BEEN DEPICTED IN HIS SILENCE OVER THE 2011 POST-ELECTION CRISIS WHICH LED TO KILLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE AND THOSE UNFORTUNATE CORPS MEMBERS IN THE CORE NORTH. YET THIS "PASTOR" MOUNTS THE PULPIT EVERY WEEK WITHOUT CONDEMNING THE ACT OF VIOLENCE..INSTEAD HE BLAMES GOVERNMENT FOR THE ILLS IN SOCIETY,FORGETTING HE IS "UNEQUALLY YOKED" WITH AN UNBELIEVER..GENERAL BUHARI, A BLOODTHIRSTY UNBELIEVER.BAKARE WOULD NEVER ADVICE NOR ENCOURAGE A CHRISTIAN GIRL OR BOY IN HIS CHURCH TO MARRY A MUSLIM IF THE TRUTH BE TOLD COS HE WLD SAY ITS AGAINST GODS WILL.SO I ASK,WHY WOULD HE THEN COMPROMISE HIMSELF?WILL THE REAL PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE PLEASE STAND UP!

@omaniman,
if Bakare is unequally yoked with unbelievers according to u, what are those pastors who pray, eat, pose for pictures and dine with the govt officials?
pls read Proverbs 29:2, it says, WHEN THE WICKED IS IN POWER, THE PPL MOURN. WHEN THE RIGHTEOUS IS IN AUTHORITY, THE PPL REJOICE. the wicked are in power and nigerians are mourning. if the righteous takes over, we will rejoice. by this chapter, we can authoritatively say there is room biblically for the righteous in power. things are not right in the country and we need a speaker. moses was not a member of a secret cult when God choose him to lead the Israelites. Samuel and David in the Bible were not initiated into a blood sucking gang before they were anointed to rule.
the way we condemn Bakare is alarming yet i can't see a single nigerian that can point to one issue as we can to every nigerian politician. if buhari is an unbeliever that Bakare is associating with, i therefore ask u, was Christ not seen with tax collectors, prostitutes and men of different crimes.
let us stop diverting attentions from the real problem of nigeria which is corruption.

48 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2012
When I read the title I knew another patient has left Yaba Left prematurely. Anyway lets offer some therapy to your ignorance before the paramedics arrive and haul you bard to you ward.

Pastor Tunde Bakare has every right and responsibility as a Servant of God, a Nigerian, Elder, Lawyer, Father and a Human - to speak against the negativities that is being mated against the good/helpless Nigerians. Sadly the crumbs you are getting from JonaSambo or the hope that it will soon be your turn to steal is blinding you to reality.

Question: Is everything ok with Nigeria? - If NO, then start today (and like Bakare) call attention to those things that are not proper. So that this great nation can stop drowning.

But if you can do a thing, stop insulting those who dare to try. It makes you look pathetic.

24 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2012
Poster are you a Christian? If yes, then you are aware there are so many people that made a difference in the Bible and for good. Name them and let me tell you some of the things they did that was counted for them for good.

Here are some:
Daniel and his 3 Hebrew friends:
He was a political office holder, philosopher, the 4 were better that the entire magicians in Babylon. They were also prophets.

David:
Kill everyone that was enemy of Israel

Moses:
Under his leadership, an angel of God killed all the first child and animals in order to save the Jews. At the Red sea, he personally commanded that all the battalion of Egyptian army be drowned.

5 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Euroclydon(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2012
I think He should focus more on his calling which superceeds anyother thing....except ofcourse if he was not truly called. Dabbling in Politics would do him more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2012
Euroclydon: I think He should focus more on his calling which superceeds anyother thing....except ofcourse if he was not truly called. Dabbling in Politics would do him more harm than good.

But you do not have any problem with known criminals being our leaders. But when good men rise up to rescue the situation - people like the OP will start tarnishing his name and integrity with bare face lies - so as to keep the nation in perpetual suffering stuffing their Swiss accounts with our collective gains.

8 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Zutchy: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2012
egift: When I read the title I knew another patient has left Yaba Left prematurely. Anyway lets offer some therapy to your ignorance before the paramedics arrive and haul you bard to you ward.

Pastor Tunde Bakare has every right and responsibility as a Servant of God, a Nigerian, Elder, Lawyer, Father and a Human - to speak against the negativities that is being mated against the good/helpless Nigerians. Sadly the crumbs you are getting from JonaSambo or the hope that it will soon be your turn to steal is blinding you to reality.

Question: Is everything ok with Nigeria? - If NO, then start today (and like Bakare) call attention to those things that are not proper. So that this great nation can stop drowning.

But if you can do a thing, stop insulting those who dare to try. It makes you look pathetic.
This not about looking pathetic but about the truth of the whole issue,during the time of Jesus Christ,the Jews (his people)were enslaved,in most cases they were not granted their rights by their masters,the Romans,even their king Herod was so corrupt and self conceited,but never for ones did Jesus raise his voice against them,or is there anywhere in your bible where Jesus ever said to the people that Herod or even th Romans who were oppressing his people would be swept away,did he ever call on the people to rise up and make a violent change,instead he asked them to submit to authority,even Paul asked the people to exercise good citizenship,now these were men of God,all Jesus had to do was open his mouth and talk and fire would have burnt every single roman,every single corrupt official even Herod himself would not have been spared,and then now we have Tunde bakare,he calls himself a man of God and yet he mounts a podium and tells his congregation to sing down down Jona, I mean WTF,if this was oyedepo,oyakhilome,or even T.B Joshua who are all real men of God it would have been better but not Tunde Bakare that ran for VP,I mean does the man not have real friends to tell him to stay quiet.if he wants to critisce the govt do so as the opposition not from the pulpit when we all know that whenever his oga(Buhari) calls,he will return back to the electioneering trenches with all speed and haste.the man is just the height of hypocrisy and sycophancy period.

4 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by tobechi74: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2012
What i hate about this..

Asumes that all pastors must be liked by all

forgets that pastors are human being.they make mistakes.

Concludes that politics is 4 devil and agents, hence no pastor should be involved.

Conclusion:walk down the road and go hug transformer

6 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2012
Zutchy: This not about looking pathetic but about the truth of the whole issue,during the time of Jesus Christ,the Jews (his people)were enslaved,in most cases they were not granted their rights by their masters,the Romans,even their king Herod was so corrupt and self conceited,but never for ones did Jesus raise his voice against them,or is there anywhere in your bible where Jesus ever said to the people that Herod or even th Romans who were oppressing his people would be swept away,did he ever call on the people to rise up and make a violent change,instead he asked them to submit to authority,even Paul asked the people to exercise good citizenship,now these were men of God,all Jesus had to do was open his mouth and talk and fire would have burnt every single roman,every single corrupt official even Herod himself would not have been spared,and then now we have Tunde bakare,he calls himself a man of God and yet he mounts a podium and tells his congregation to sing down down Jona, I mean WTF,if this was oyedepo,oyakhilome,or even T.B Joshua who are all real men of God it would have been better but not Tunde Bakare that ran for VP,I mean does the man not have real friends to tell him to stay quiet.if he wants to critisce the govt do so as the opposition not from the pulpit when we all know that whenever his oga(Buhari) calls,he will return back to the electioneering trenches with all speed and haste.the man is just the height of hypocrisy and sycophancy period.

Please can you tell us the story of the Good Samaritan, please. Your reason for giving false allegations against Bakare (and insulting him) is that he is not looking the other way when the Nigerian masses are being oppressed by Jonathan and his gang?

1. Proudly brought to you by President Jona:

2. Funded and sponsored by Madam Patience:
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Euroclydon(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2012
egift:

But you do not have any problem with known criminals being our leaders. But when good men rise up to rescue the situation - people like the OP will start tarnishing his name and integrity with bare face lies - so as to keep the nation in perpetual suffering stuffing their Swiss accounts with our collective gains.

With your examples,its obvious that u are his follower and share thesame misplaced principles.
When u name Bible personalities,u forgot dat being a king in the Bible was very different frm being a prophet. Was Samuel a King? Was Isaiah a king? Was Elijah a king? Was Elisha a King? Was Ezekiel a King? They were prophets chosen by God himself to relay the word of God to his people...Thats it! They did not aspire to be Kings like Bakare did and failed at it! Show me where its written in the Bible dat u shuld cricize and call ur leaders names It says Pray for them but u clearly dont know that wuld u? I guess not.

7 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by tunnytox(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2012
Nigerians don't like the truth, also many are naive and oblivious of the politics going on around them. It's a pity that many Nigerians think like the OP, someone told me last Sunday that he believes pastor Bakare should not have participated in politics nor commend on political issues because 'politics is a dirty game' I asked him can you wash your clothes in dirty gutter water to make it clean? He said no, then how do you expect these dirty gamers (politician) to work in the interest of Nigeria?
The world will become a bad place if good men do nothing. A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by MurphyT1: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2012
He Was a pastor I Neva missed his sermon, but he somehow lost touch with God and the true gospel when he decided to delve into politics, he missed it all...to show his ambitious nature and hunger for power, he decided to romance the CPC party which he had always preach against, just like a dog eating his vomit, not just that, Sunday service became a stage for political power tussle, deviating from d main reason that brought people to church, which is to worship and reference God...u can't mix this two things, politics and religion, Neva, unless u want to deceive ur congregation just like Tunde is doing..if really he is who he claims to be, he shud proffer beta solutions, and seek the face of the Lord for the betterment of his country...I pray the Lord delivers us frm all false prophets

3 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Delafruita(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2012
OmanIman: I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE PASTOR BAKARE NOR HIS POLITICS.I FEEL OFFENDED BY HIS METAPHYSIS OF LIFE WHICH IS MIXING RELIGION WITH POLITICS.TO ME,THIS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS TOOL ANY MAN COULD WIELD, PARTICULARLY IN NIGERIA WHERE RELIGION IS INDEED THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES.HISTORY DEPICTS MEN WHO GET INTOXICATED FROM THE DEADLY MIX AS POWER DRUNK MEN WHO ARE OF QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER...CHECKOUT THE LIKES OF THE BORGIA FAMILY,HENRY8 AND THE LIKES WHO END UP NOT PRACTICING WHAT THEY PREACH!POLITICS TO ME INVOLVES HAVING TO COMPROMISE YOUR VALUES AND MOST TIMES,MORALS WHICH FOR BAKARE HAS BEEN DEPICTED IN HIS SILENCE OVER THE 2011 POST-ELECTION CRISIS WHICH LED TO KILLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE AND THOSE UNFORTUNATE CORPS MEMBERS IN THE CORE NORTH. YET THIS "PASTOR" MOUNTS THE PULPIT EVERY WEEK WITHOUT CONDEMNING THE ACT OF VIOLENCE..INSTEAD HE BLAMES GOVERNMENT FOR THE ILLS IN SOCIETY,FORGETTING HE IS "UNEQUALLY YOKED" WITH AN UNBELIEVER..GENERAL BUHARI, A BLOODTHIRSTY UNBELIEVER.BAKARE WOULD NEVER ADVICE NOR ENCOURAGE A CHRISTIAN GIRL OR BOY IN HIS CHURCH TO MARRY A MUSLIM IF THE TRUTH BE TOLD COS HE WLD SAY ITS AGAINST GODS WILL.SO I ASK,WHY WOULD HE THEN COMPROMISE HIMSELF?WILL THE REAL PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE PLEASE STAND UP!
you have a warped knowledge of history.first,the borgia family had always been a bunch of bloodthirsty vampires.the fact that the father became pope alexander vi by bribing cardinals to support him and assasinating those against him is not an anomaly.the roman catholic church of the day was all about bloody politics.cesare borgia at the age of 14 cut off the head of a maid and presented it to his father,the pope.the fact that cesare borgia was made a cardinal wasnt because of spiritual piety.it was to enable him amass wealth to embark on wars and also act as a check on the school of cardinals.
henry viii was also a crazy man.he only broke away from the catholic church because he wanted to divorce anne boleyn in his quest for a male child.he was never a godly man though he ended up founding the anglican church but that was just because he wanted to divorce his wife and the pope refused to grant him a divorce.
i took the pains to analyse you comparisons to bakare to show you just how shallow your reasoning is.you claim bakare is "unequally yoked" with unbelievers,do you realise rev jesse jackson is one of the most popular and fortright preachers in america?do you realise he is also an active politician who has contested the democratic primaries 3 times?
do you realise martin luther king was a preacher?he realised he had to get "unequally yoked" with the kennedy administration if he was to succeed in his quest.
pastor tunde bakare didnt start criticizing government today.he was active during the abacha years,and right from may 29 1999,he started to criticize obasanjo,a move which landed him in prison a couple of times.i wonder why morons will quickly quote some portions of Bible to support their i.diotic sentimental ideas.if all the so-called pastors in nigeria decide to lend their voice to the yearnings of the people,nigeria will be better.i still maintain that one of the reasons gullible christians viewed retardeen as a messiah was the picture of him kneeling before pastor adeboye.some even likened it to david been anointed by samuel.
nigerians need to wake up and do away with ridiculous religious sentiments.

9 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by sensydin: 10:31am On Jul 10, 2012
AS a man of God, Pastor Tunde Bakare should keep praying for the betterment of Nigeria, be objective and constructive in his assessment of the Government. Even though, we are in a democratic dispensation, Comments from Bakare on the state of the nation should be tailored towards making the country great and not killing the Nation and Government knowing that we are all part of Government. If we damage or destroy Nigeria, where will poor masses like us run to? More reason why Pastor Bakare and Nigerian needs to thread on Constructive Criticisms to uphold our entity Nigeria.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by bubadaniel13: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2012
Egift.
I don't know who is more sick btw you two,wr have seen radical prophets in the Bible,the likes of Elijah,Elijah e.t.c.but during their sojourn here on earth,they never compromised their positions and believes,even though the kings at that time were ruthless and callous,they told them the truth in a loving manner,and they never had any ambition of ruling.But Pastor TUNDE BAKARE,wants to go and chop his own share of the National cake,and when he lost out he became an ardent critic of the govt.The Church must set a standard be an example for others to follow,but with the likes of Pastor TUNDE BAKARE,turning his pulpit to that of vengeance and vendetta deviating from his calling,what a Pastor.Nobody is saying that the govt is perfect,but is that the right way and manner to correct govt,saying all sorts of things in th name of correction.Pastor TUNDE Bakare should pray,fast and ask God to show him his calling,cos he is misrepresenting Christ and if he doesn't repent his end is near.
quote author=egift]When I read the title I knew another patient has left Yaba Left prematurely. Anyway lets offer some therapy to your ignorance before the paramedics arrive and haul you bard to you ward.

But if you can do a thing, stop insulting those who dare to try. It makes you look pathetic.[/quote]
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by NeuroBoss(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2012
FOUR scriptural insights for Tunde Bakare and those who may not see anything bad in his fiery outbursts: FOLLOW PEACE WITH ALL MEN AND HOLINESS WITHOUT WHICH NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD. WE SHALL STAND IN JUDGEMENT FOR ANY VAIN WORD THAT COME OUT OF OUR MOUTH. PROVERB 1:10 SAYS: ''MY SON, IF SINNERS ENTICED THEE, CONSENT THOU NOT....'' APOSTLE PAUL SAID TO THE PHILLIPIANS: ''FINALLY BRETHREN, WHATSOEVER THINGS THAT ARE JUST, WHATSOEVER THINGS THAT ARE PURE, WHATSOEVER THINGS THAT ARE LOVELY,WHATSOEVER THINGS THAT ARE OF GOOD REPORT AND IF THERE BE ANY PRAISE OR THERE BE ANY VIRTUE, THINK ON THESE THINGS''.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by tunnytox(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2012
Delafruita:
you have a warped knowledge of history.first,the borgia family had always been a bunch of bloodthirsty vampires.the fact that the father became pope alexander vi by bribing cardinals to support him and assasinating those against him is not an anomaly.the roman catholic church of the day was all about bloody politics.cesare borgia at the age of 14 cut off the head of a maid and presented it to his father,the pope.the fact that cesare borgia was made a cardinal wasnt because of spiritual piety.it was to enable him amass wealth to embark on wars and also act as a check on the school of cardinals.
henry viii was also a crazy man.he only broke away from the catholic church because he wanted to divorce anne boleyn in his quest for a male child.he was never a godly man though he ended up founding the anglican church but that was just because he wanted to divorce his wife and the pope refused to grant him a divorce.
i took the pains to analyse you comparisons to bakare to show you just how shallow your reasoning is.you claim bakare is "unequally yoked" with unbelievers,do you realise rev jesse jackson is one of the most popular and fortright preachers in america?do you realise he is also an active politician who has contested the democratic primaries 3 times?
do you realise martin luther king was a preacher?he realised he had to get "unequally yoked" with the kennedy administration if he was to succeed in his quest.
pastor tunde bakare didnt start criticizing government today.he was active during the abacha years,and right from may 29 1999,he started to criticize obasanjo,a move which landed him in prison a couple of times.i wonder why morons will quickly quote some portions of Bible to support their i.diotic sentimental ideas.if all the so-called pastors in nigeria decide to lend their voice to the yearnings of the people,nigeria will be better.i still maintain that one of the reasons gullible christians viewed retardeen as a messiah was the picture of him kneeling before pastor adeboye.some even likened it to david been anointed by samuel.
nigerians need to wake up and do away with ridiculous religious sentiments.

100% Spot on, I wish we have more sensible people like you!

1 Like

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by tunnytox(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2012
sensydin: AS a man of God, Pastor Tunde Bakare should keep praying for the betterment of Nigeria, be objective and constructive in his assessment of the Government. Even though, we are in a democratic dispensation, Comments from Bakare on the state of the nation should be tailored towards making the country great and not killing the Nation and Government knowing that we are all part of Government. If we damage or destroy Nigeria, where will poor masses like us run to? More reason why Pastor Bakare and Nigerian needs to thread on Constructive Criticisms to uphold our entity Nigeria.

He's not stupeed like many others, he knows fully well that prayers alone won't do anything. Many Nigerians now think like you, some can even wait for holy spirit to instruct them before the sleep with their wife's and some will rather wait for the MOG or Daddy or Papa before taking the right steps. Since you and many others have been praying for Nigeria why has your prayers not answered?

1 Like

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by OmanIman: 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
egift:

Please can you tell us the story of the Good Samaritan, please. Your reason for giving false allegations against Bakare (and insulting him) is that he is not looking the other way when the Nigerian masses are being oppressed by Jonathan and his gang?

1. Proudly brought to you by President Jona:

2. Funded and sponsored by Madam Patience:
I BELIEVE YOU ARE STRONGLY MISGUIDED!PERHAPS VERY HIGH ON THE CHEAP OPIUM U HAVE INHALED FROM BAKARE'S HANDS.THAT YOU WOULD ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT BAKARE'S GOVERNMENT WILL BE FREE OF THE USE OF FORCE ON PEOPLE SHOWS RUBBISHES YOUR CLAIM MY FRIEND.YOU THINK IF HE BECOMES VICE PRESIDENT,WE WILL ALL BECOME HOLY AND EVERYONE WOULD BE GOING TO CHURCH AND OBEY THE LAW?SMFH!YOU SEE,U PPLE NEED TO ABANDONE SENTIMENTS AND FACE FACTS AS WELL AS STOP POSTING PICTURES THAT DONT MAKE SENSE!HOW AM I SO SURE THAT PICTURE WASNT SNAPPED AT BAKARE AND THAT DEMONIC BUHARI'S CAMPAIGN RALLY?SIT DOWN!IF THE TRUTH BE TOLD, THIS GOVERNMENT HAS SO FAR TREATED CIVILIANS WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT AND MADE ERRING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENTS WHO BRUTALISED CIVILIANS FACE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
sensydin: AS a man of God, Pastor Tunde Bakare should keep praying for the betterment of Nigeria, be objective and constructive in his assessment of the Government. Even though, we are in a democratic dispensation, Comments from Bakare on the state of the nation should be tailored towards making the country great and not killing the Nation and Government knowing that we are all part of Government. If we damage or destroy Nigeria, where will poor masses like us run to? More reason why Pastor Bakare and Nigerian needs to thread on Constructive Criticisms to uphold our entity Nigeria.

Faith without work is dead! - One reason why Nigerians has been in the dark for too long.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
OmanIman:
I BELIEVE YOU ARE STRONGLY MISGUIDED!PERHAPS VERY HIGH ON THE CHEAP OPIUM U HAVE INHALED FROM BAKARE'S HANDS.THAT YOU WOULD ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT BAKARE'S GOVERNMENT WILL BE FREE OF THE USE OF FORCE ON PEOPLE SHOWS RUBBISHES YOUR CLAIM MY FRIEND.YOU THINK IF HE BECOMES VICE PRESIDENT,WE WILL ALL BECOME HOLY AND EVERYONE WOULD BE GOING TO CHURCH AND OBEY THE LAW?SMFH!YOU SEE,U PPLE NEED TO ABANDONE SENTIMENTS AND FACE FACTS AS WELL AS STOP POSTING PICTURES THAT DONT MAKE SENSE!HOW AM I SO SURE THAT PICTURE WASNT SNAPPED AT BAKARE AND THAT DEMONIC BUHARI'S CAMPAIGN RALLY?SIT DOWN!IF THE TRUTH BE TOLD, THIS GOVERNMENT HAS SO FAR TREATED CIVILIANS WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT AND MADE ERRING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENTS WHO BRUTALISED CIVILIANS FACE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW.

Misguided? That's a new low, at least coming from a lunatic - who believe Pastor Tunde Bakare should be insulted because he is not pretending all is well with us.

Here is an example of being misguided - (When you type in CAPITAL LETTERS, it means you are shouting) - So stop screaming grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by amdy08: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Oman,I totally disagree wt religious leaders/politicians who misplace their priorities and that of their folowas.I knew that b4 naw priests and men of God always av divine Calling 4rm God.bt nowadays,it as an avenue 2 make a living 4rm and 2 compete with the upper class.am not suprizd abt BAKARE an antagonist who enjoys propaganda.may be its because of the forces in the competitive Church market and his quest to partake in the Natl cake dt makes him rant most times. BAKARE shld renba dt it is how many souls you win for God and not how many u convert for ur political party's protests will count.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Kunlebabs375: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Bakare is obviously a man of controversy not because he has the interest of the country at heart. The creation of his church and SAVE NIGERIA GROUP is solely for political propaganda. One can clearly see that his church has been politicised as well as the Save Nigeria group. For a man who claimed to be the senior pastor and a founder of a church to be closely associated with a Muslim cleric(aplogies to the Muslims) General Buhari in the last presidential election should in a reasonable volume communicate to Nigerians that his various role in the removal of fuel subsidy and subsequent criticism of Goodluck's style of leadership were all born out of egoistic interest and inordinate ambitions.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by HammedSodiqq: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
I enjoy interactive forums like this because it helps us to know about those who mean Nigeria well and those who don't. First, I beg everyone to shield sentiment and approach issues based on their merit. I'll identify two key things Bakare has done, with biblical illustrations to show that the man, his ministry, and political agenda are suspects. We remember that King Jehosephat, though a God fearing king, was almost killed for entering into an unholy alliance with Ahab. Don't also forget that God rebuked him for his action. Again, Christ hated the desecration of God's temple. We see this in His anger and how traders and politicians(rulers) alike were driven out of the temple. Tunde Bakare has obviously lost touch with Devine guidance. God has never failed in His quest to establish His will. TUNDE has told us severally that God has asked him to contest, yet he keeps failing. His excessive taste for power has pushed him into an unholy alliance with someone he ordinarily should warn his followers against(Buhari). He now sings political songs in church, inciting people against Govt instead of worship songs. Haba Bakare! And God said we should submit to the authority, and pray for them. He has failed Nigerians, the earlier he retraces his steps and begs for forgiveness the better. Or he will wake up finding his congregation looking for where the undillited word of God is preached.

4 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by OmanIman: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
I KNOW THE CHURCH MEMBERS OF BAKARE HAVE INVADED THIS PLACE SO HERE'S A REPLY TO ALL YOU HIS FOLLOWERS,FIRST OF ALL,BAKARE SHOULD STICK TO HIS PULPIT AND STOP PRETENDING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELFARE OF THE COMMON MAN.MY PROBLEM WITH YOU NIGERIANS IS THAT YOU BELIEVE THE NEXT MAN VEERING FOR POWER WILL BE BETTER THAN THE INCUMBENT.EVEN THOUGH THE INCUMBENT IS FACED WITH MANY CHALLENGES AND YES, HE COULD DO BETTER THAN HE IS DOING RIGHT NOW BY FIGHTING CORRUPTION AND ENDING THE BH MENACE,HOWEVER,FACT STIL REMAINS THAT HE IS JUST A MAN AND NOT A RELIGIOUS BIGOT UNLIKE BAKARE WHO BECAUSE OF HIS "PRIDE AND OVER-BLOATED" EGO,CPC AND ACN WERE NOT ABLE TAKE A UNIFIED STAND AGAINST PDP AND SO VOTES IN LAGOS AND KEY SW STATES WENT TO PDP.U ASK WHY,ITS BECAUSE BAKARE COULNT RELINQUISH HIS LIFELONG DREAM OF BECOMING VICE PRESIDENT.TELL ME HOW THAT SERVED THE GOOD OF THE MASSES @ THE END?ALL BECOS OF ONE MAN'S GREED AND AMBITION,CPC LOST OUT.IN CASE YOU ARE IGNORANT OF POLITICS,ITS A VERY VERY DIRTY GAME AND IT SOILS YOUR HAND COS OF WHAT YOU MUST DABBLE INTO THE WIN THE GAME.HOW CAN A PASTOR THEN CLAIM TO BE HOLY IN THIS GAME?HE THINKS GOD WILL NOT ASK HIM FOR THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT LIVES LOST,PARTICULARLY THOSE POOR CORPS MEMBERS?I HOPE PASTOR VAMPIRE BAKARE SLEEPS WELL @ NIGHT. AND FINALLY, TO ALL BAKARE SUPPORTERS,I ASK THIS QUESTION:"HAD IT BEEN THAT YOUR LOVED ONE HAD DIED IN THAT POST ELECTION CRISIS(NOT THAT MINE DID,MIND U,BUT I HAV A CONSCIENCE WHCH YOU DONT)WOULD YOU STIL DEFEND HIM,KNOWING WHAT HIS PARTNERSHIP WITH THE DEVIL HIMSELF CAUSED THIS NATION?ABEG MAKE ALL OF YOU "SIT DOWN"
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by egift(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
OmanIman: I KNOW THE CHURCH MEMBERS OF BAKARE HAVE INVADED THIS PLACE SO HERE'S A REPLY TO ALL YOU HIS FOLLOWERS,FIRST OF ALL,BAKARE SHOULD STICK TO HIS PULPIT AND STOP PRETENDING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELFARE OF THE COMMON MAN.MY PROBLEM WITH YOU NIGERIANS IS THAT YOU BELIEVE THE NEXT MAN VEERING FOR POWER WILL BE BETTER THAN THE INCUMBENT.EVEN THOUGH THE INCUMBENT IS FACED WITH MANY CHALLENGES AND YES, HE COULD DO BETTER THAN HE IS DOING RIGHT NOW BY FIGHTING CORRUPTION AND ENDING THE BH MENACE,HOWEVER,FACT STIL REMAINS THAT HE IS JUST A MAN AND NOT A RELIGIOUS BIGOT UNLIKE BAKARE WHO BECAUSE OF HIS "PRIDE AND OVER-BLOATED" EGO,CPC AND ACN WERE NOT ABLE TAKE A UNIFIED STAND AGAINST PDP AND SO VOTES IN LAGOS AND KEY SW STATES WENT TO PDP.U ASK WHY,ITS BECAUSE BAKARE COULNT RELINQUISH HIS LIFELONG DREAM OF BECOMING VICE PRESIDENT.TELL ME HOW THAT SERVED THE GOOD OF THE MASSES @ THE END?ALL BECOS OF ONE MAN'S GREED AND AMBITION,CPC LOST OUT.IN CASE YOU ARE IGNORANT OF POLITICS,ITS A VERY VERY DIRTY GAME AND IT SOILS YOUR HAND COS OF WHAT YOU MUST DABBLE INTO THE WIN THE GAME.HOW CAN A PASTOR THEN CLAIM TO BE HOLY IN THIS GAME?HE THINKS GOD WILL NOT ASK HIM FOR THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT LIVES LOST,PARTICULARLY THOSE POOR CORPS MEMBERS?I HOPE PASTOR VAMPIRE BAKARE SLEEPS WELL @ NIGHT. AND FINALLY, TO ALL BAKARE SUPPORTERS,I ASK THIS QUESTION:"HAD IT BEEN THAT YOUR LOVED ONE HAD DIED IN THAT POST ELECTION CRISIS(NOT THAT MINE DID,MIND U,BUT I HAV A CONSCIENCE WHCH YOU DONT)WOULD YOU STIL DEFEND HIM,KNOWING WHAT HIS PARTNERSHIP WITH THE DEVIL HIMSELF CAUSED THIS NATION?ABEG MAKE ALL OF YOU "SIT DOWN"

@ Bold: Stop screaming this PDP member.

@ OmanIman: Is everything well with Nigeria? If not what have you been saying/doing about it?

1 Like

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Are there things going on wrong in Nigeria? YES!
Should men of God speak out against them? YES!

Has Pastor Bakare been speaking against wicked things in Nigeria? YES!

Was it right to mount the pulpit on a Sunday morning to preach the gospel and shout
"UP UP Jesus! Down Down Jonathan"? NO and very very a NO!.

Bakare was a great when it came to the gospel, he was great a Prophet to Nigeria but this recent calls for violence coming from him, is not of God.

His campaign was violence, he gave us the clue of " wild wild north" if election was "rigged". Unfortunately, the idea was, if Buhari did not win, then the election was rigged.

Perhaps, he was satisfied that when the North went wild.

Fact is this: Jonathan is a gentleman, else Bakare and Buhari have caused enough havoc in this dispensation that they both should be behind bars to stop spreading their poison.

Everyone of us have the right to critize any government, any time any day. Yet, we must all draw the line between the freedom of speech and irresponsibility.

It is irresponsible for leaders to call for violence no matter the odds. The courts are there for us to seek redress if we have any.

Mark my word, anyone that loves Bakare and his ministry should pray for him, something has gone very wrong somewhere.

5 Likes

Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by sensydin: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
[b]tunnytox

He's not stupeed like many others, he knows fully well that prayers alone won't do anything. Many Nigerians now think like you, some can even wait for holy spirit to instruct them before the sleep with their wife's and some will rather wait for the MOG or Daddy or Papa before taking the right steps. Since you and many others have been praying for Nigeria why has your prayers not answered?

i observed you got disconnected and miscontrued by the line of thought..... x-ray the comment and note that the emphasis was not only prayer alone but a call for all to be constuctive while critisizing so as to achieve the main aim f nation building.
Re: What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare by Demdem(m): 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
Contrary to the Op's position, i think we need more of Bakare in our society. The gluttonous and deceptive Retardeen, our president doesnt deserves to be prayed for. He doesnt fall to the categories of leaders that deserves prayers. Instead we all should ask God to continue to harden his heart just like Pharoah of old so that he can be speedily destroyed.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Don’t Need A Violent Minister – Group Chides APC. / Bukky Shonibare Blast Aisha Buhari For Launching Book On ChibokGirls Anniversary / Seun Kuti Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Says "PMB Is Racist"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.