Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River (7862 Views)

Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi / Government Returns Oil Wells To Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
jmaine: Good news to AKS and bad news to CRS . . . The judgement will always favour AKS cos their case was backed with undeniable facts . . .

This is no News, OFFSHORE WELLS BELONG TO NIGERIA NOT ANY STATE,... Offshore wells that belong to Danjuma and co, abeg nothing will change on their 13%
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by jaybee(f): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
campella: I think Akwa Ibom and Cross River could've worked out an amicable solution to their problem. Maybe the oil wells could've been shared?

That would have been the only logical thing.
It was done during the reign of Donald and Attah.
These present scrubs of politicians are selfish and want only their pockets full

This is truly going to bring enmity between these two sister states,.

I pray all ends well

Cross Rivers State government did (is) not handle(handling) this issue of disputed oil wells with wisdom. a political solution will favor the state and kill animosity between the sister states instead of legal battle that will produce a winner take all, leave bad taste in mouth, scars all around and enmity. as brothers and sisters, they should have handled the case through alternative dispute resolution.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by mystikal(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
Cross River had nothing to base their claims on. Akwa Ibom did their homework and presented a tight case. I guess thats more money for Akpabio and his gang. Uyo will truly become a megacity soon.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Okijajuju1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
noiseless: HAUSA/FULANI BOKO INFIDEL. YOUR WISH WILL FAIL WOEFULLY

Nwanna!! Kedu?!

E'chem na i nwu go.. Ke ka ime?
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by JimIbanga: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
gboss4sure: Seriously cross river people aint gonna take it lightly. Expect some clashes between de 2 states
embarassed
gboss4sure: Seriously cross river people aint gonna take it lightly. Expect some clashes between de 2 states
wot type of clashes are u talking abt. They cant afford to take laws in to their hands.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Okijajuju1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
JimIbanga: embarassed wot type of clashes are u talking abt. They cant afford to take laws in to their hands.

There are just too many lazy ass biitch niggas and pussiies in Cross Rivers.. The Average Calabar man is Lazy as fhuck.. They aint gonna do shiit..

Akwa Ibom took Rivers Oil blocks, not only did Rivers State get the decision overturned, but Akwa Ibom owes Rivers money they made during the period the blocks were in their cusotdy..

PH City for life... cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by mojounited(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
mystikal: Cross River had nothing to base their claims on. Akwa Ibom did their homework and presented a tight case. I guess thats more money for Akpabio and his gang. Uyo will truly become a megacity soon.
^^shocked Dude, howdy and where have you been mahn?
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Enoquin(f): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
Who is the dude saying that there will be clashes/repercussions? I laugh in annang...nothing dey happen. We are sister states and should have settled as a family instead cross river chose the supreme court and therefore should respect the s'court's judgement...clashes ko,fighting ni! One love to akwa ibomites and of course our elder sister, the cross- riverians!
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
Am so pissed at these Akwa ibom people. They are everywhere in CRS and won't allow us enjoy what is legitimately ours. Now the SC has ceded our 76 oil wells to you, would that satisfy you? Hell NO! Come and see thousands of them in CRS civil service, Unical, Cab operators etc. They even compete with CRS for students' bursary of CRS.

They have practically taken over CRS, no thanks to the snail-like governor Imoke who would not borrow a leaf from T.A. Orji of Abia state and put these people where they belong.

They come to Lagos and claim Calabar people ...Gosh. Meanwhile they are all from Akwa Ibom which is not the same as Calabar.

God help CRS from these parasites ...
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by GBAGAUN1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dr. Wise:
Am so pissed at these Akwa ibom people. They are everywhere in CRS and won't allow us enjoy what is legitimately ours. Now the SC has ceded our 76 oil wells to you, would that satisfy you? Hell NO! Come and see thousands of them in CRS civil service, Unical, Cab operators etc. They even compete with CRS for students' bursary of CRS.

They have practically taken over CRS, no thanks to the snail-like governor Imoke who would not borrow a leaf from T.A. Orji of Abia state and put these people where they belong.

They come to Lagos and claim Calabar people ...Gosh. Meanwhile they are all from Akwa Ibom which is not the same as Calabar.

see envy.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Freksy(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
eyenCalabar: So sad that it happening this way. This Akwa Ibom people are like virus multiplying and scattering everywhere here. There are even almost more than us in our own land. There's nowhere in Cross River State you won't find Akwa Ibom people and even where the language that we share is not even spoken. Don't know what we should really do to them cry cry cry

You just remind me of Pharoh's apprehension over the Israelites in the land of Egypt many many years ago.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by akagaba(f): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
chucky234: Godswill Akpabio don hammer,more money to spend bro.
Expect Uyo to become a mega city in few years,with Apkabio in charge its no big deal as he will always deliver the goodies to his people
Tru tok.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by kepsi123(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
we are so busy bashing ourselves when our governor is one hell of a lazy dude. this guy needs to go. CRS has been stagnant since he assumed the mantle. Even if you give am the money wetin him go take am do now.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by tinkinjo: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

This is no News, OFFSHORE WELLS BELONG TO NIGERIA NOT ANY STATE,... Offshore wells that belong to Danjuma and co, abeg nothing will change on their 13%

Why don't you go and claim the offshore wells in Sao-Tomme and Princippe or Ghana? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by tinkinjo: 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
This is a judgement that could have gone either way being offshore wells.

The astonishing one was the ceding of ONSHORE wells agreed by all parties to be within boundaries of Akwa Ibom to Rivers in the name of Obasanjo's political settlement. It was and is total madness and injustice.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Who is stopping you from hustling in Akwa Ibom and beyond? . Unical is a federal university. Stop sounding as if you are lazy

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by onila(f): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
dey r always taking their oil wells

cameroon n akwa ibom
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by inteli: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
chucky234: Godswill Akpabio don hammer,more money to spend bro.
Expect Uyo to become a mega city in few years,with Apkabio in charge its no big deal as he will always deliver the goodies to his people
LOL...
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by otokx(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
Cross River should can start an oil palm plantation and be the Malaysia of Africa.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by ediko5(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
Cross River govt taut dat D Supreme Court is lyk the rubbish they are doin to poor citizens in their state.
A poor women who hawks item at watt market pays almost 100naira daily as a tax. Not to talk of shop owners and petty busines operators and even the cab n taxi operators d rip pple of newly 40% of their profits daily all in the name of tax. And these so called imoke administration is the worst.
He couldn't provide an evidence to the court then why did the state went to the court in the first place.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Musiwa2: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
th

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Akbee(m): 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
Politics at its peak.im not surprise as dis is wot happens wen due process is not folowed appropriately.dis country nds deliverance.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Akbee(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2012
N CROSS RIVERIANS WEPT.IMOKE N CABINET WL SOON COME UP WITH MORE SOURCE OF REVENUES LIKE TAXATION N LOTS MORE. Politics at its peak.im not surprise as dis is wot happens wen due process is not folowed appropriately.
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by pazienza(m): 1:02am On Jul 11, 2012
Well,i guess the one nigeria dream the efiks fought for,is turning to a nightmare for them,first it was bakasi,and now this.

But why didn't imoke negotiate for 50-50 split with akpabio,i guess his greed got the better of him.

Not having oil derivation revenue is going to hurt cross-river.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by illrhymes(m): 2:23am On Jul 11, 2012
Dr. Wise:

I pray you get a job soon. Lookup the meaning of Akwa Ibom State in an ibibio dictionary, you'll now understand why they are always winning in everything they do. Akwa Ibom is barely 24 yrs but see the transformation it's undergoing. CRS is now like a grave yard and you still have the gutts to blab LOL! University Of Calabar is like one of the worst institutions of higher learning, where their graduates don't go 4 service, not that the civil service is any better in CRS. The only groovy thing about CRS is their carnival and from what I saw last carnival, it's easy to predict that this year's carnival will be rubbish. Last year they couldn't pay Rick Ross but lied to the whole world that he'll be performing. Cross Riverians should not just pray for a better leader but should also pray for individual wisdom and direction. Aks will soon turn into a little Dubai when Akpabio is through wiv all his projects. I think I'm done here......*zooms to M-Lounge to celebrate 76 Oil well victory*
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by cuteprinz(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2012
lol@eyencalabar...before nko? Na Akwa Ibom get Calabar twn na *winks*. Bu seriously, i feel for una sha. Obasanjo spoiled everything
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by cuteprinz(m): 7:19am On Jul 11, 2012
@Dr wise. . . na 2day u knw say 'Calabar man' na person whr dey speak EFIK/IBIBIO language?
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by Lordsocrates: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2012
1 word 2 u calaba war hungry blo.ck heads..if ur men draw guns, d must be skilled wif pencils (distractions_vector) u guys did not want 2 negotiate so u lost oll..dats a lesson on greed i would be tellin my children at moonlit night..tel u wot..we dudes hr are more lyk our igbo*s brodas..divide and conqua so dnt be scared if we hv gotten 2 d point of occupyin ur plaz we jus aint d lazy sit at 1 place kinda dudes..we r very explorative.. Eva heard of diz ? If u cant beat dem..join dem..f.uck d *arrange 4 dem 2 be beaten part..u guys are 2 broke 2 be thinkin of mercenaries...Ado ok..is d cypher code

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by GBAGAUN1(m): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2012
Lordsocrates: 1 word 2 u calaba war hungry blo.ck heads..if ur men draw guns, d must be skilled wif pencils (distractions_vector) u guys did not want 2 negotiate so u lost oll..dats a lesson on greed i would be tellin my children at moonlit night..tel u wot..we dudes hr are more lyk our igbo*s brodas..divide and conqua so dnt be scared if we hv gotten 2 d point of occupyin ur plaz we jus aint d lazy sit at 1 place kinda dudes..we r very explorative.. Eva heard of diz ? If u cant beat dem..join dem..f.uck d *arrange 4 dem 2 be beaten part..u guys are 2 broke 2 be thinkin of mercenaries...Ado ok..is d cypher code
WORD!
thats wsup!
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by johnwell(m): 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by entnews: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
No point hating on Akwaibom...its the land of promise baby!!!lol
Re: Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River by badmrkt(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
where can getthe fastest plane that would land me @ibom int'l airport to pop hennesey with my akwa-ibomites for a victory well deserved?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Registers Two More Political Parties / Election Result In Ward 18 Phalga L.G.A, Rivers State / Abia State Government Declares Emergency On Environmental Sanitation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.