Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. (15979 Views)

South Africa Police 'recover Car Stolen 22 Years Ago' / Guess This Is One Way Of Avoiding Getting Your Car Stolen Or Burgled / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by uzzyj(m): 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
jossy26: ;DA very nice topic op; my sis toyota sienna, 2001 model was stolen at gun point last year just as she was about entering her compound. The robbers drove the car while they forced her to go with them.
She was dispossessed of all other belongings except for a starcomm phone dat was under the rug and was on silent mode

They asked her to unlock the security, cos the car has this security stuff that switches the engine off after five minutes if the door has been open

Cutting the story short, they dropped her after covering some kilometers and drove away, she dialled the starcomm number nd it rang, then called the customer care to locate the car; she was told its somewhere around abeokuta ( car was stolen in sango).
We informed the police about it and stated all the necessary yet they were not able to recover it

I would advise a comprehensive insurance for all car owners, cos even with your tracker, police may not be able to help you recover it. I use leadway assurrance, I think they ok; I hope someone there will read my post and pay me for this advert ;DA very nice topic op; my sis toyota sienna, 2001 model was stolen at gun point last year just as she was about entering her compound. The robbers drove the car while they forced her to go with them.
She was dispossessed of all other belongings except for a starcomm phone dat was under the rug and was on silent mode

They asked her to unlock the security, cos the car has this security stuff that switches the engine off after five minutes if the door has been open

Cutting the story short, they dropped her after covering some kilometers and drove away, she dialled the starcomm number nd it rang, then called the customer care to locate the car; she was told its somewhere around abeokuta ( car was stolen in sango).
We informed the police about it and stated all the necessary yet they were not able to recover it

I would advise a comprehensive insurance for all car owners, cos even with your tracker, police may not be able to help you recover it. I use leadway assurrance, I think they ok; I hope someone there will read my post and pay me for this advert
if u wud ask me also, ‎​į would say aiico insurance is also very reliant.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by ikoha: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
all those stolen cars were registered, right? I wonder how and why some people still drive unregistered cars even in mid-night.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by ajadudu: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
Yeah, snatched at gun point. Honda accord, they put me in the back but could not all fit in so I got tossed out. Found it at a church a few days later, the keys under the floormat, spent cartridges, some booze and cheap jewelry. The thieves apparently get taste and tossed the 'fake' wrist watches and jewelry on the floor of the car seat.
The church guard said 3 well dressed guys parked it, went for service and didn't come back to pick it after service.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
OP,
Visit this old thread-lots ugly of stories to be found there.
www.nairaland.com/713292/ever-vehicle-stolen-broken-into-#8715604
I am assuring you that you will not regret it.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nope cuz I trust my immobilizer.The gear doesnt move unless I show you the button and if you try to force it,the power lock seals the door and the alarm system starts blaring.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by jossy26: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^ guy, all these immobilizers will be demobilized in front of a stern looking dude with a shining revolver
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Josh316(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
well, i had my honda accord 1998 (academy) stoeln from church here in Abuja in 2010. Went to church and by the time i came out from mass, a 504 car was parked exactly where i had earlier parked. Did i go bonkers u bet i did!! But there was a little joker i had applied 2years earlier...

I had tracked my car with tramigo tracker, which uses a sim to send and receive commands via sms. the stupid thieves thot they had themselves a clean honda car which they had carted away. due to the initial network problems, the tracker refused to receive commands to reveal the location of the stolen car. however, 48hrs later, while sleeping, i was woken up by repeated sms alerts from my phone. initially i was angry as to who would be texting me at that ungodly hour. lo and behold, it was the tracker replying my earlier text message commands and it revealed the car was faraway in Jos, precisely, opposite the temporary site of UniJos. Omo!! see immediate insomnia!! i alerted my dad who alerted our DPO and later that morning, we took off to Jos. accompanied with a print out map which i got using the coordinates from the tracker and google earth, we were able to locate the exact spot where my car was. luckily, we found a guy driving the car and he had cleaned out the car... my alloy rims replaced with regular rims and the car swiped to look like it just came from cotonou. the beating the guy received at the scene was ecstatic as i was the one who confronted the idiot with blows and slaps. we bundled him into the boot of the car and started heading back to Abuja that same afternoon... eventually, we handed him over to SARS (dont know what happened to him after that)and i had to wait for a week b4 my car was released back to me. Guys!!! trackers work!!! Im a living witness o!!! after that, ALL our cars were tracked and that incident has made me paranoid about leaving my car parked anywhere outside my fence grin

8 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Sprumbaba: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
Car Tracker might not work. My Inlaws car was stolen so the were able to track it to Cotonou(or Benin) border and I think they de-activated something to stop the car but the thieves had better idea. They towed it away into Cotonou.The did not see jack. Interpol was charging so much money to find it across the border. He just let it go.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by justdream(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
Went to silverbird cinema in abuja to see a movie with my girlfriend. It started off around 9:30pm and by the time the movie ended, it was 11:45pm. so i strolled back to where i parked my car with my girlfriend. because it was late, there were few cars in the lot. From afar i couldnt see the shadow of my car, boy was i scared? I nearly had a heart attack. But God being so kind, anoda car was blockin it. Omo see sigh of relief my GF and me heaved wen we enter the mobility...Thank GOD gan... grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by netharam: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
there is a way to get insurance and tracker at no extra cost. Insure with Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc, d company automatically track any insured vehicle with a value of #3M and above for the normal cost of a comprehensive cover. for more info u can call me on 08082604762 or email Mustapha.leramoh@mbaplc.com
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by nikkyshyne(f): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
My Dad's toyota crown(dnt knw what model, but was really tech then) was almost stolen by robbers who came with a towing vehicle and acted like they were sent by the owner of the vehicle. The car was parked out overnite and they came at about 5am. My dad's room window was directly facing outside and they turned bird immediately they heard "Ole Ole....."

Moral of the story: Not all towing vehicles u see on the road are legit!

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Pesuzok(m): 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
Biggyd2: Someone close. Went for Sunday service. By the time he came back, he met an empty space where he had parked the car!
Too bad, sorry about that. Assuming you had a tramigo car tracker installed, it would have sent you an sms immediately your car starts, or moves; depends on the configuration you set. All you would have just sent an sms to the tracker in you car to lock down the ignition, and nothing can make the car start untill you send another sms to unlock the engine. Cool!
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by patholaw: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pls can som1 exaplain hw d car tracker works and which is d best and reliable tracker to use.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Pesuzok(m): 12:04am On Jul 13, 2012
zeefa: My honda halla american spec was stolen about 8yrs ago in ogbomosho caretaker area around 8pm. I parked the car in front of my friend's house and before I came back the car was gone! In fact, I was so clueless that I was searching under the canal close to where I parked it. The funny thing about it is that the car was just 3months old the same day I had it stolen. I reported it @ d nearest police station even went to odo oba police station but 2 kw avail! To God be the glory, I av gotten 2 cars after the terrible experience.
I hope you have installed tramigo car tracker on your 2 cars
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Pesuzok(m): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2012
Remii: My Lexus gx470 was snatched at gun point at gbongan junction, the robbers took me and my wife hostage in the car for about two hours and drove us over 150 km away towards Oyo town before let us go in middle of nowhere just to confirm the car would not stop either by electronics or fuel shut off mechanism. I didn't regret not tracking it because they threatened to kill us if the car had stopped. I only regret under insuring the car. Unfortunately Nigeria Police is a disappointment. My BB stolen with the car is still in use in Cotonou by a young lady yet NPF has not done anything since January 2012.

Advise: Comprehensively insure your car for an amount that can give you another car if stolen or damaged.
With tramigo car tracker, the car will not stop or do anything. After the car snatchers must have dropped you, you look for a phone and send an sms to the tracker in the car and it stops the car, or you can track the car with a phone
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Pesuzok(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2012
jossy26: ^^ guy, all these immobilizers will be demobilized in front of a stern looking dude with a shining revolver
True talk, but with tramigo car tracker, you just remain calm and cooperate with the criminals, after they must have left you, you get a phone and shut down the car ignition, or track it as the case might be
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by nissparts(m): 12:31am On Jul 13, 2012
Oga, one post is enough for you to market your tracker.
That's not what this thread is about.
Your constant annoying marketing of it on this page alone is enough to discourage patronage

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by teslimanif(m): 12:37am On Jul 13, 2012
MY Honda Bulldog was stolen on d 4th of June 2010 after 8 months of purchase. It was stolen @ Allen avenue in lagos around 9pm. The car was fitted with a fuel shut down security system but it neva shut down lol smiley grin I reported to d police immediately and they sent a radio signal to all commands and patrol that nite but it ws neva recovered except they see it tmao. To cut the long story short d car ws insured and I ws given 82% of d cost after 3 and half months. I added some money with wat ws given to me and bought a beta car. My frends were so happy that my bulldog ws stolen. Lol cos d car I bought was full american specs Honda BB. Till tmao I will make sure my vehicle has full insurance cover even if I don't have money I prefer to borrow and insure my car. I must add that after I bought anoda car, I ws always locking with a steering and pedal lock but the day d lock messed me up o boy na cut dem cut am o. It is pertinent to note that my new car is not installed with any security and it is now more than 1 and half years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Nissan Cars Stronger Than Toyota Cars? / Diesel Engine Club, You Welcome / Mercedes Is Working On Electric G-Class SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.