Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Mixed Messages In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Messages In Relationships (13500 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Messages In Relationships by MrsChima(f): 12:57am On Jul 11, 2012
How do you feel when your partners send you mixed messages? Do you feel that mixed messages is the same as being dishonest?

Which gender is most famous for sending mixed messages to their partner and why?

I will use the most common mixed message from the male gender. Men have made fuss that they are the "man" and that they are strong and tolerable physically BUT on the same hand complains about women they are in a relationship with....not giving them fresh pair of drawers as a gift. However, I have seen women who have TRIED to give their boyfriends/husbands simple gift and they complain that the woman is trying to take his place as a "man".

What is up with mixed messages in relationships? Can people be straight forward and stick to what they want without flipping back and forth when it suits them?

Your thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Mynd44: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2012
So you mean messages come in male and female?
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 11, 2012
lmao @ Mynd's interpretation.........how do one infer that from this
smh.........
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Mynd44: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2012
Shollypopz: lmao @ Mynd's interpretation.........how do one infer that from this
smh.........
What other interpretation is there? A mixed school is one that has male and female students so what would a mixed message mean

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by cog1: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Sending mixed messages is,to a large extent,dishonesty.
Its rather tempting to say it only shows insecurity.
But the truth is dishonesty.
The person sending mixed msgs knows that their partner
is being kept in a constant state of flux.
Never really knowing what to do to please the
other person.
So,yes,dishonesty is it!
Its more in males than in females,because of the
male chauvinism factor.
In females, sending mixed msgs
is more common in those who have been traumatized in
relationships or tutored in relationship matters by
other traumatized females.

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
What other interpretation is there? A mixed school is one that has male and female students so what would a mixed message mean
lol, u are funny
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Mynd44: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2012
Shollypopz:
lol, u are funny
This has noting to do with being funny. I am just trying to understand the question.
*winks*
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
This has noting to do with being funny. I am just trying to understand the question.
*winks*
i would hv sworn u were kidding, oh well..........
mixed message in this sense, is the perplexing difference between the way someone behaves and what he or she says
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Mynd44: 8:22am On Jul 11, 2012
I was actually joking nah. That's why I winked
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44: I was actually joking nah. That's why I winked

Kiss my WHOLE ARSE. angry tongue wink
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Rocktation(f): 10:20am On Jul 11, 2012
Misfiring signals can be done knowingly and unintentionally as well. So saying that it is always latched with insecurity wouldn't exactly be correct. Take for instance, we women place a high value on communication. A woman can get really riled up when a lover doesn't call as much as is expected of a person that supposedly loves her to bits. Whereas, he and a lot of men may view the call as functional rather than emotional, and would rather call only when there's a reason to call.

But of cos, insecurity is chief where the signals sent, were mixed intentionally. Women on the one hand, are really insecure by nature. We are risk adverse for the most part and by sending mixed signals, we want our men to demonstrate their level of interest in us.
Take for example; a lady who gives a certain kind of green light to some guy across the hall, can instantaneously turn her attention to some other, when he crosses over to start a conversation. To us, it seems to be less appealing to be an overly enthusiastic single person, who appears to be excited to meet someone. Cos it might come across the communication channel as overly desperate, which doesn't exactly make a great first impression.

Men on the other hand, rarely say or do opposite to their intentions, but still show insecurities all thesame.....to lesser degrees i believe. They can go as far as to bully a girl they're interested in, to garner her attention, or can pretend to have complete interest in some stupid conversation with some chick in a gathering, thereby ignoring their girlfriend, just to get her jealous and seek her attentiveness.

Dealing with mixed signals doesn't require much though. Except taking your time to figure them out, approach your partner about them, and then reassuring them as to why they never should have been sent....if they were sent intentionally.

Really, it would be better if people demonstrated more confidence and decisiveness in their actions and body language and avoided misfiring signals. But then again, the peril of it adds to some of the excitement of the 'hunt' and builds intrigue for male and female relationships. It would be so soo uncoool, if we always knew what the other person was thinking or what they meant by a certain action.

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Brite02(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44: So you mean messages come in male and female?
lwkmd cheesy when i read this, mehnnnnnnnnnn cheesy grin
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
Rocktation: Misfiring signals can be done knowingly and unintentionally as well. So saying that it is always latched with insecurity wouldn't exactly be correct. Take for instance, we women place a high value on communication. A woman can get really riled up when a lover doesn't call as much as is expected of a person that supposedly loves her to bits. Whereas, he and a lot of men may view the call as functional rather than emotional, and would rather call only when there's a reason to call.

But of cos, insecurity is chief where the signals sent, were mixed intentionally. Women on the one hand, are really insecure by nature. We are risk adverse for the most part and by sending mixed signals, we want our men to demonstrate their level of interest in us.
Take for example; a lady who gives a certain kind of green light to some guy across the hall, can instantaneously turn her attention to some other, when he crosses over to start a conversation. To us, it seems to be less appealing to be an overly enthusiastic single person, who appears to be excited to meet someone. Cos it might come across the communication channel as overly desperate, which doesn't exactly make a great first impression.

Men on the other hand, rarely say or do opposite to their intentions, but still show insecurities all thesame.....to lesser degrees i believe. They can go as far as to bully a girl they're interested in, to garner her attention, or can pretend to have complete interest in some stupid conversation with some chick in a gathering, thereby ignoring their girlfriend, just to get her jealous and seek her attentiveness.

Dealing with mixed signals doesn't require much though. Except taking your time to figure them out, approach your partner about them, and then reassuring them as to why they never should have been sent....if they were sent intentionally.

Really, it would be better if people demonstrated more confidence and decisiveness in their actions and body language and avoided misfiring signals. But then again, the peril of it adds to some of the excitement of the 'hunt' and builds intrigue for male and female relationships. It would be so soo uncoool, if we always knew what the other person was thinking or what they meant by a certain action.

are you a counsellor by any chance?

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Mynd44: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I will pass. Save it for Sexkillz :p:p
Cindy I see you
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by cindyrella(f): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Ewwwwwwww!
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by cindyrella(f): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
Cindy I see you
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Rocktation(f): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
TheShopKeeper:

are you a counsellor by any chance?

smiley No. But it's never too hard to read people and give good advices, if you really put your back into it.
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Ammyng(f): 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Lmaoo he can have part of mine for extra grin

1 Like

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Mynd44: 2:54am On Jul 12, 2012
Ammyng:

Lmaoo he can have part of mine for extra grin
Are you that desperate to have me? Abeg pull your damn skirt up I ain't interested

1 Like

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by pecopeco: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
true love is the answer
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by akereconfi: 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
And example of Mixed Messages are=►
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by tpia5: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
seriously, mrs chima

you've been in romance section for years.

shouldnt your assignments have been broadened by now?

just curious.
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Ibangap(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mynd_44: So you mean messages come in male and female?
*falls frm bicycle*

1 Like

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Yeah women, two faced bytches angry angry
Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Fourcade(m): 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
babe you are killing me softly undecided

1 Like

Re: Mixed Messages In Relationships by Obinoscopy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
Rocktation: Misfiring signals can be done knowingly and unintentionally as well. So saying that it is always latched with insecurity wouldn't exactly be correct. Take for instance, we women place a high value on communication. A woman can get really riled up when a lover doesn't call as much as is expected of a person that supposedly loves her to bits. Whereas, he and a lot of men may view the call as functional rather than emotional, and would rather call only when there's a reason to call.

Wow you're just too much!
*Whispers to her ear* Are you single?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Older Than Him / Not Cool With My Girlfriend Posting Pictures Of Her Ass Online (picture Added) / The Ultimate Bad Girl Guide! (girls Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.