Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on (5328 Views)

Shamma AlMazrui Appointed As Youth Minister In The UAE (photo) / British Man Charged In Uganda Over Homosexuality/ Death Penalty / Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder Of Reeva Steenkamp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by mukina2: 10:29am On Jul 11, 2012
An Egyptian couple has been charged with putting their child at risk and attempted smuggling after security officers at an airport in the United Arab Emirates found their 5-month-old boy hidden in a small handbag.

Police said the baby was discovered by an X-ray screening at Sharjah International Airport as the couple was traveling through the airport.

The infant is in good condition, police said.

According to Sharjah police, the couple arrived in the UAE last Friday but were not allowed to enter the country because they didn't have a visa for the infant.The parents were told they had to wait two days at the airport until the visa office reopened so the boy's documents could be processed.

On Saturday, the impatient father persuaded his wife to put the baby in their hand luggage in the hope airport security wouldn't notice, police said.

"We were very surprised. This is the first time we have seen something like this," police officer Abdel Rahman Shama told CNN. "Even if you are in a desperate situation, how can you put your child in a bag?"

The parents remain in the UAE under police questioning.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/10/world/meast/uae-baby-discovered-airport/index.html
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2012
Holy shiit!!!

What the heck were they thinking!!?! shocked
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by question(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju: Holy shiit!!!

Ara gbara Ndi Ara
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by tbaba1234: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2012
Like seriously, How will they not notice?
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by executinal(m): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2012
The Father and the mother must have smoked some wrong grace before taking such decision.
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by ebamma(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2012
papa and mama una wan kill am
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2012
question:
Ara gbara Ndi Ara

Nna no be small thing o!!
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Bluediamond1(f): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2012
Laff want kill me here abeg.hahahahahaahahaha imagine stuffin a baby in a bag.
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by paparazzo: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2012

YOU CAN GOOGLE IT
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2012

This could be frustrating for any parents. This is an infant we talking about here not a toddler? Why does an infant need a visa? For what? I know some people would try to argue this with me, but look up the difference between "toddler" and "infant". Besides, I assume the parents have visas, didn't the consulate that issued them visas include the child in their visa(s) or did the parents fail to include the child?
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Okijajuju1(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2012
paparazzo:
YOU CAN GOOGLE IT

just did..

Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by kumar77(f): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2012
well they ought to consult baba suwe for lessons grin
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by question(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2012
Another drug trafficking idea.

Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by question(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
See the woman face.

Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by slimming: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
Poverty must be responding for this act, i guess they wanted to avoid payment for the child.
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
hahaha!!lwkmd...he should, have waited no matter how urgent it was to travel.How can i possibly squeeze my child into a suitcase?
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by Siga: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
slimming: Poverty must be responding for this act, i guess they wanted to avoid payment for the child.
Read am well now....its not about money....the baby no get visa and dem say it will take 2days for the processing...but the father was impatient....
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
So they'd rather endanger the baby's life by passing him/her through strong X-rays than wait 2 days for a visa. How wise!
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by RichDad1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
question: See the woman face.
Oh,Na all this NINJA women..no wonder grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by logica(m): 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
Danka7777:

This could be frustrating for any parents. This is an infant we talking about here not a toddler? Why does an infant need a visa? For what? I know some people would try to argue this with me, but look up the difference between "toddler" and "infant". Besides, I assume the parents have visas, didn't the consulate that issued them visas include the child in their visa(s) or did the parents fail to include the child?
For long infants didn't require passports or even visas but things were changed thanks to human traffickers. Back when all you had to do to to travel with a child (who might have been kidnapped) was present your own passport ensured the child had no documentation and was below the radar.
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by oladayo042: 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
Holy Lord! Stuff your own baby in a bag
Re: Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on by echobee(f): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
God help us

(1) (Reply)

Obama Cheating Scandal – Affair Claims With Vera Baker / AM News: Inside Pictures of Trumps House (aka Trump Tower) [PHOTOS] / War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.