Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? (10321 Views)

NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff / The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Boyoorisha: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2012
I got home yesterday and I was given the electricity bill for the past month, I could not believe my sight! It is triple the amount I used to pay before the new tariff was introduced! Please share your experience if you have paid

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by lifestyle1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Fresh Air! undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Samwilsonz: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
OMG.......mine rose from 4thousand to 10thousand......i cld nt bliv it either........bt my neighbours own remains same......its funny........Sam Amadi of NERC must act fast....o
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by osolomio: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
Did you think mr president was kidding, just wait till the end of the month.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
in june it was 8000 , this july PHCN officials came with a 13500 naira bill and it is not yet mid july....I suspect that they are just printing these bills
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by RichDad1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Me i don remove and sell my service wire use the money buy second generating set.I no see weting wan make me buy #10,000 fuel per month. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by OLAJOMO(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nawa o!
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by zylla(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
The same thing happened to me yesterday and my eyes popped out of the sockets.
The economic policies of this administration is killing: Fuel price was raised, Erratic electric tariff has been raised, In The next few days the price of Bread'll break the roof.
This is not what Nigerians want at this time, where hundreds are been killed daily.

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Paentera(m): 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
I use the pre-paid meter and yes, the rates have sky rocketed to N12.45/kw up from N7.25/kw prior to the tariff increase. To make matters worse, the former maintenance charge moved up from N75 to N500, an increase of more than 500% angry angry angry !!!

Which ever ways, I still prefer the pre-paid cos it means I can regulate my use of my appliances and manage my bill. I was initially using up N2,500 per month at home and N2,000 for the office but now use up N3,500 for the house and N2,500 for the office. All we have done is to ensure that appliances are not left on and of course changed our bulbs to the lower wattage ones that consume about 1/4 of the former bulbs' energy - this goes a long way.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by bola4dprec(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
transformation agenda I am confident that at the end of this well thought out programme, you will be in a vantage position to see Nigeria from the prism of the building blocks that unite us more as a nation than divide us. My aim is not only to broaden your knowledge of the policy thrust of this Administration but to provoke deeper thoughts on the prospects and possibilities of Nigeria achieving its cherished vision to become a more focused united and prosperous nation. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ibangap(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
NO!
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Jarus(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mine rose from 3.5k to 9K!

Now I regret moving out of Baba Fasila's house where we didn't pay electricity bill.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Claumy2(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nigeria! Which way? The masses suffer the brunt. Can't these crooks do anything to favour the people they pretend to govern?
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
x
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by sequence(m): 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mine rose from 1900 to 5000,they are not seriuos,they should have provide the pre paid first before all these.Let wait and see what would happen.

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ardedaryor(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
zylla: The same thing happened to me yesterday and my eyes popped out of the sockets.
hey i was paying 25k previously but to my greatest surprise i saw #116,000...but am writing the tomorrow to come and drop their service while i will also return the bill and tell them i cant pay
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Riodiao(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pre paid is da Bomb
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
Do people still pay electric bills? Can't remember the last time I did that! I don't pay more than 500naira monthly.I just give those yeye nepa thugs 500 naira and that's it!
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by morakone(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
LWKM
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ganys: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Jarus: Mine rose from 3.5k to 9K!

Now I regret moving out of Baba Fasila's house where we didn't pay electricity bill.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ganys: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
Jarus: Mine rose from 3.5k to 9K!

You cracked me up my guy
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ganys: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
berem: Do people still pay electric bills? Can't remember the last time I did that! I don't pay more than 500naira monthly.I just give those yeye nepa thugs 500 naira and that's it!
Eeeewooooo grin
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Oringo1: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Just get a prepaid meter and your problem will be solved...for I only recharge with 1500 monthly and it even last more than a month and two weeks before I recharge again.however you need to be more prudent in the use of electricity by saving and not wasting energy.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Enoquin(f): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mine rose from 3,800 to 5,780...not funny at all. Even though I had light through out last two weeks on a constant basis, immediately the bill was brought...the light has been 'very' erratic.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by lwise(m): 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ewoooooooo,how I take consume 600kwh in 30 days,when I no dey house for 10day with erratic power supply.From 3000 to 7900 plus.I think its high time for me to go for bigger gen. With inverter.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by ericmooret: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
We used to pay N1200 per flat and now we are to pay N3500. It is still manageable.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by najoke: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
What is pissn me off is d fixed charge of N500.
I have been running my gen everyday since 1st week of dis month for at least 6-7 hours after I get back from work,we hardly get 5 hrs light in a day.At d end of d month imagine 1million prepaid users paying N500 each at d end of d month ....light or no light,dts serious extortion
I thot prepaid is pay for what u use,if u buy 5k worth and u did not finish it after 3 months whenever u want to go and top up be ready to pay N500 for each month.....dts N1k5. GOD catch u if u mistakingly travel for 6 month.

Fresh air indeed
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by lwise(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ewoooooooo,how I take consume 600kwh in 30 days,when I no dey house for 10day with erratic power supply.From 3000 to 7900 plus.I think its high time for me to go for bigger gen. With inverter.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ramcie(f): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
My landlord has given us the Nepa bill and he expects us to pay everything cos we are students even though he uses out of it too cos his house shares a fence with us and it's just one bill for both houses. Me I would travel tomorrow if they like let them not pay. Very stupid and annoying landlord .
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Ekans: 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
I run a cottage industry in asaba and used to pay not more than #13000 a month,to my surprise,those bastards brought a bill of #135000.I wonder how they expect me to pay when i hardly have light.When i told them to cut their light,they told me to my face that it will not stop the bills from coming.What nonsense.
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by Elueme: 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
berem: Do people still pay electric bills? Can't remember the last time I did that! I don't pay more than 500naira monthly.I just give those yeye nepa thugs 500 naira and that's it!
corruption personified
Re: Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? by babestella: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
Are we really going to have a better Nigeria ? With these kind of jokes we have in govt today, I doubt if Nigeria can really get better. Going to cassava bread, it is just a strategy to increase Tax on wheat, they know that Nigerians can't do without bread as a staple food, not that they really want to have cassava included in bread.
One day GSM operators will come up with their own monthly fixed charge, watch out for stale air from a dumb govt that have lost clues on how to run a country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist / Ike Ekweremadu Bags Chieftaincy Title Of Of Enyi Oha 1 Of Okpanku In Enugu(pics) / Abure-led Labour Party Changes Convention Venue To Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.