Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . (2051 Views)

Biafra Will Succed.mark My Words...see Reasons / If This Happens Buhari Will Become President Mark My Words / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Kpac(m): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2012
I write this piece with a heart of a fallen soldier, a defeated commandant and a disgraced warrior. My utmost wish is that every word i stamp on paper herein is seen by that man that would take away all this national agonies.
Hate,strife,pains,anguish,suffering,tormenting poverty and their closest cousins have now settled amongst my compatriots. Politics have turned deadly, Public offices have turned expedient and its about that right time that these present government and its structures are completely wiped out.

Economy
Just some few years ago, 100 Naira would buy me a satisfactory meal of bread and beans,at this present time, we get that same meal for 160 Naira, School fees at every level are at a record high, Transport fares could make you quickly go broke in just few days after your pay day and to the Car owners, motor parts are soaring high and the qualities reducing, depreciation rate of cars are now double, the roads are worse, at the few times we have public water,the dirty smelly water runs with regulated low frequency, The network is so poor and yet we pay more, Pure water is double what it was when they read their campaign speeches, What a decent house rent costs has made most youths stick to their parents abode, when they paid for those sweet harmonized campaign songs on TV and radio, Milo was 350 now its 650 and the constant thing now is the increase in all these needed commodities, you wouldn't want to fall sick now because Hospital bills are three times what it was when they were busy having campaign debates. As at when i was in the barbers shop watching their rallies few years ago, i paid 100 naira for a clean cut, now i pay double.....I wonder what part of this economy did they say is growing.
Businesses are dieing, job security has reduced, salaries are insufficient and setting up just a one space office now is as expensive as renting a 3 bedroom flat then, yet they would come out with calculated figures as proof of their own growing Aso Rock Economy.

Security
It is careless of any chess player to lose his/her knight or hooks to pawns of the opposing player. The rate at which we lose intelligent,talented and promising fellow brothers and sisters to reckless governance increases at no counter check. Prominent Nigerians, people like CD John, MC Loph, NYSC Members, Senators, Governorship aspirants, Professors and other promising young men have all lost their lives to the recklessness and insensitive government we have now.
In a state my president has refused to visit despite his superior security detail, he watches as young Nigerians are posted to those volatile states in a service made compulsory for them, should any of them loose their lives, they would open those 32 Teethed mouth and say the condemn attacks on NYSC members and finally my president would recycle his "Commiserate" and "Sympathize" messages.
Disasters now happens at every angle, at any time and when we lose fellow brothers and sisters to those mishaps, they would come again and feed us with promises, they would set up world most costly committees,who would also collect world's most costly bribes and finally they would produce the world's cheapest results.

GEJ
Wish me Goodluck but not Goodluck Jonathan. This man is not a bad man but he has too many bad principles, he make too many costly mistakes and effect too many wrong decisions. He has broken too many protocols and as the first man of this country, others are forced to play along.
A man so quick to use his executive fiat against the masses but never would he against the whole of his corrupt,incapable executives and legislators. He declared a zero tolerance for corruption and at the same time said he has no hand nor would he interfere in the corruption cases rocking the National house of assembly. He is not intelligent as a leader at all, he is slow to act because it take so long for him to understand, he is so accommodating that even the most corrupt politicians are safer with him than in the moon.
His speeches are like pronunciation exercises and he spends and approves excessively lavish spending. When its obvious a section of his government is not performing and they are investigated, they confuse him with carefully baked grammatical reports that sends him into stupor.
He is not just good as my president and he has to be forcefully led out of his Aso Rock refuge.

Political Parties
Interestingly, as it is presently, neither PDP nor ACN nor CPC nor any other existing political party would take Nigeria to that promise land and desired state.
There might be some significant difference in their leaders and way of governance but the truth is they are all going to do the same thing, political apparatus in Nigeria is just too large to be independent, too complex, too padi padi and too trickish to take firm and strict decisions to make the masses standard of living better.
There are too many people attached to these parties that it wont take much time before they start misbehaving, wasting public funds on extravagance and unnecessary appointments.
Hence, i think if truly Nigeria would be a great place, none of these existing Political party should be kept, new generation political parties should be created and new rules of engagements should be laid down prior to their creation.

1999 Constitution
There are just so many and even too many loopholes in that thing called our constitution. If we are just that sincere about moving forward, most intelligent, disciplined minds should be consulted to create a new constitution for this country. The 1999 Constitution and its secretly dubious amendments should be taken out and added to GEJ's farewell gifts.

What we need now
In my personal opinion, in my sincere opinion, in my most firm opinion, without mincing words and being frank on this country on what it has become, i recommend that the Military take over governance ASAP.
I know this option is not desirable but it is the last option to salvage and wipe out all these corrupt officer that have gotten into every section of the economy, they exist in every political party, in every state and they have their mercenaries in every local government. You cant escape them with this thing we're running called democracy. Our democracy was not properly planned, it was rushed into and we have really suffered for it.
The best facilities, best infrastructures, best exchange rates, best economy, best environmental standard, best societal value we ever had as a country was in the Military governments and it is just the right and only way to take now.
Third Mainland Bridge was not created in democracy and in fact wouldn't have been created in our kind of democracy.
A Military man, strict, firm, with a good heart, a natural undying love for this country, a very intelligent leader, nearly perfect and who unnderstands his people is what we need now and if any military man reads this piece, please broadcast my desire and let the coup d'etat happen in the shortest possible time.

Kpac Trium
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Idokojimmy: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
U are alone in this. No well meaning Nigerian will support the call for military intervention in our politics considering what we were subjected to during their fruitless regimes. We are grappling with corruption and insecurity today because their reign created an enabling ground for them. The earlier u start supporting our govt to make a diffrence, the better.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Kpac(m): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2012
Alone in my thoughts you say, but together we all buy a 60 Naira bread as at this day last year for 80 naira now and what's more, they have announced 20% futher increase to take place any time soon.
All policies of a good government, however how small, saves lifes.

I know my thoughts are not aliens to like minds and very soon, i know this present government would be forced out.......
For a country of 140 Million people, the most populous black nation on earth, one of the blessed countries in natural and most especially human resource, GEJ and sons are not fit to be the ones calling the shots.

1 Like

Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by PointB: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2012
Another pipe dream! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by kettykin: 11:09am On Jul 20, 2012
Why not rather call for disintegration or SNC or referendum ,

My thoughts are if those calling for disintegration are arrested for treason then those advocating for military to come back should be treated like wise.

And if the Military boys come back who will be the Head of state because an igbo man is the top most ranking Army man and a yoruba man is the highest ranking defence man.

any change of status quo will be treated the same way those who did january 1966 coup were treated because it will be seen as a way for northerners to upsurp power from the back door
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Kpac(m): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2012
I am much traveled in Nigeria and honestly people are suffering, living all their lives with a meager income with ZERO infrastructures.

I am not interested in what tribe the messiah comes from, all i want is smiles on the faces of these people living in remote Nigeria.

I want the best person to pivot my beloved country, we need a mandela at this time and if that would be achieved, the basis for ruling should not be tied to ANY rotation, the cabinet members should be chosen on intelligence and commitments, not political experience or international educational background.

That the roads in all parts on Nigeria are as smooth as Airport road, that our currency is very strong, that the mortality rate reduces seriously, that school children dont die again when crossing the road due to unavailable pedestrian bridges, that proper economical structures are put in place, that fake goods and drugs becomes history, that every product in Nigeria is made with one of the best global qualities, that for 365 days every Nigerian has uninterrupted Power supply and that all foods,goods and services becomes very cheap...............Even if the whole government in Nigeria are from one local government doesn't interest me.

1 Like

Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Whitehorse: 11:54am On Jul 20, 2012
@KPAC

Is the same military man that had a Colonel drive on the BRT? Of is the same military who's boys attacked LASTMA yesterday? Nonesense!

The military destroyed Nigeria, engendered Federal character, created lopsided states and local governments, carried out retroactive jailings and killings, emasculated the Nigerian police etc. Need i say more?

God forbid that the military should ever take power again in Nigeria!
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Boazizzy08: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2012
Kpac,I agree wt u all is not presently well and am sure u wia not born during military dispensation .thatts the last thing any reasonable Nigerian want.do u think Nigeria is the only nation going through trying times?you made an assertion that Mr president is condoning corruption,forgetting that this war is supposed to be directed to all those that have been taskd to fish out and prosecute corrupt persons.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by 1025: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
U are alone in this. No well meaning Nigerian will support the call for military intervention in our politics considering what we were subjected to during their fruitless regimes. We are grappling with corruption and insecurity today because their reign created an enabling ground for them. The earlier u start supporting our govt to make a diffrence, the better.

@idoko,
any nigerian that is wishing us to continue this way must be a pretender or someone waiting for his own time to steal.
the democracy we are in today was built on a very wrong foundation and there will not be a ny further short cut than to CRACK THIS HOUSE.there are many nigerians that have sworn not to see a good nigeria not when they are alive. are we going to wait for these men forever? we need a system that will flush them and insert fear in any one remaining.
we are afraid to die yet we die in hundreds everyday. if not through fuel burns, it will be boko haram, road accident or dana flights.
we are all afraid of the time it will take us to start all over but the earlier we make up our minds the better for us.
even in movies, many of us will switch off our tv sets if the things we see in nigeria are seen in a particular movie.
we are not moving forward and we will not move forward.
it is on a fool that keeps doing the same thing and expect a different result.
we were here when Ghana made up their minds and cracked what they had and today, we are no where close to Ghana. what we call democracy here is worst than the worst military govt.
stealing is just a normal way of life and somebody is telling me that a military that never forced me to buy fuel at 141 is not better than a pdp gang of robbers.
today, libyans, tunisians, egyptians and other serious minded countries have cracked what they had and are up for the next level. we will remain in our wonderland till these countries get to their destinations.

2 Likes

Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by ecode1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
OP, I feel you but calling on the military men boys to take over is illogical and unhealthy for our country. This situation we found ourselves or Nigeria is, it will only take a God-fearing fellow to pull us out of this mess. I wept for this country sometime because the opposition parties are not even good alternative for the present one. GEJ looks like someone that is confused but I'm still giving him a benefit of doubt to savage his image from the way most Nigerians view him. He should act very tough for once and curb these menaces of corruption, insecurity, poverty etc. threatening the very existence of this country. The politicians getting richer and the masses getting poorer. Nigerians which way forward?
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Euroclydon(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Poster,Are you moving forward or backward? I dont get.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Olanlere11: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
U posted this with a different heading, it didn't generate reaction, now u have repackaged it again. U are living in the 80s. Democracy has com to stay. It appears u are not enjoying the freedom u have, the rule of law, human rights etc.If ur father is a soldier, tell him to concentrate and finish his career well cos any attempt, civilians will crush it.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Kpac(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Olanlere

I am living in the now and if a child cries for a plate of rice, it doesn't mean he wants it because his father sells rice.

At the stage our country is, there is no reliable democratic way to better life, you may need to know the cartels we're dealing with, to understand that there's no short cut to wiping out all these sufficiently rooted corrupt people at ALL LEVELS of the process we call democracy.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
@OP are u planning a coup d'etat or are u aware of such?
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Vigilante: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
You guys should quit being sentimental. If all the factors that call for military takeover are present they will take over. It is not for the poster to decide or for you to wish it away. 2+2=4. That is how life is.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Kpac(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ Vigilante

God Blesses you.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Dede1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
@OP

This is arrant nonsense. Is it not the military that saw Nigeria in this unprecedented slow of progress? All the ground rules of moral decadence in Nigeria were established by moronic military off the back of Gowon. You can not eat your cake and have it. It is the same Nigerian society that produced the men and women in military seconded the ones in politics.

We should stop talking about change of government in Nigeria because there is no system of government that will make progressive dent on presently configured Nigeria unless such government is led by God.

Nigeria needs to be disintegrated so that certain section or sections of the country will mutually agree to become patriotic neighbors. This will start healing the wounds caused by the civil war. As far as I am concerned, Nigeria/Biafra civil war is still raging because of indelible socio-politico-economic stigma created in 1970.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by 1025: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
You guys should quit being sentimental. If all the factors that call for military takeover are present they will take over. It is not for the poster to decide or for you to wish it away. 2+2=4. That is how life is.

@vigilante,
all the factors are here and over aged.the problem or setbackwe are having now is that our military has been compromised.
are there things politicians do to bring in military that has not or is not happening in nigeria?
we have rulers whose wealth are not quantifiable. their children are all schooling abroad while they keep promising to better our educational system. we have rulers who encourage youth corpers to die for our country while non of their children is seen anywhere in the picture. we have rulers who walk around with thousands of military men as security while they keep asking us to pray that the security will improve. we have those who preach us to eat cassava bread while at the same time seek N1b for feeding. they tell us how they will cut down on their extravagant expenditures yet in every international conference, they present the highest number of delegates. was it not the other day that okonjo iweala told us that govt expenditures have increase 4 times than before? nigeria has but a compromised/political military system.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Harfox: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
Olanlere11: U posted this with a different heading, it didn't generate reaction, now u have repackaged it again. U are living in the 80s. Democracy has com to stay. It appears u are not enjoying the freedom u have, the rule of law, human rights etc.If ur father is a soldier, tell him to concentrate and finish his career well cos any attempt, civilians will crush it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, Nigeria is dieing. You will eventually get your democracy back but the mess in this country is beyond wat the GEJ administration can solve, we need a change as soon as possible and if a coup ' detat will get us that, so be it. . . . . I totally agree with the poster on this. The millitary junta will not be there forever, the international community will wade in and you will get your democracy back. . . . . But with a new party system that will be void of this gang of politicians that are milking the resources of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Vigilante: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
1025:

@vigilante,
all the factors are here and over aged.the problem or setbackwe are having now is that our military has been compromised.
are there things politicians do to bring in military that has not or is not happening in nigeria?
we have rulers whose wealth are not quantifiable. their children are all schooling abroad while they keep promising to better our educational system. we have rulers who encourage youth corpers to die for our country while non of their children is seen anywhere in the picture. we have rulers who walk around with thousands of military men as security while they keep asking us to pray that the security will improve. we have those who preach us to eat cassava bread while at the same time seek N1b for feeding. they tell us how they will cut down on their extravagant expenditures yet in every international conference, they present the highest number of delegates. was it not the other day that okonjo iweala told us that govt expenditures have increase 4 times than before? nigeria has but a compromised/political military system.

I feel you bro. So what is the solution. Aren't we too docile to act?
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Sunofgod(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Op

We're watching and waiting:

Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by naptu2: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
I remember that I saw people jubilating during the Orkar Coup. They were celebrating the downfall of Babangida. I asked them how are you sure that the next person would not be even worse? They had no answer.

Things are bad right now, no doubt, but how are you sure that a military regime would not be worse? Remember that you have no right to complain under military rule. The dictators come to power and for a year or two, pretend to be patriotic and benevolent rulers, then they show their true colours.

Remember that there's no freedom of information in during military rule. At th e moment we know how much the president receives as salary, we know his food budget, etc, but does anybody know how much Babangida earned as president of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by naptu2: 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Everyday people gather on nairaland to complain about corruption, abuse of office, inflation and the misdeeds of our politicians. The military politicians would take over and continue to steal our money, but do you think it'll be easy for you to log on to nairaland and complain?
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Vigilante: 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
naptu2: I remember that I saw people jubilating during the Orkar Coup. They were celebrating the downfall of Babangida. I asked them how are you sure that the next person would not be even worse? They had no answer.

Things are bad right now, no doubt, but how are you sure that a military regime would not be worse? Remember that you have no right to complain under military rule. The dictators come to power and for a year or two, pretend to be patriotic and benevolent rulers, then they show their true colours.

Remember that there's no freedom of information in during military rule. At th e moment we know how much the president receives as salary, we know his food budget, etc, but does anybody know how much Babangida earned as president of Nigeria?

Let's give the paliamentary system a try. I recollect that in Japan they kick out non performing Prime Ministers at short notice. See how Berlusconi was booted out of Italy. No harm in try it. If it means kicking out our PM every week, so be it.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
Vigilante said:

Let's give the paliamentary system a try. I recollect that in Japan they kick out non performing Prime Ministers at short notice. See how Berlusconi was booted out of Italy. No harm in try it. If it means kicking out our PM every week, so be it.

Can you see the root of our problems? Always looking to copy other peoples' systems. Why can't we device our own system of govt or is it not the same brains we were endowed with as those that deviced the parliamentary system? Today we're practising presidential system imported from the USA. Now you want parliamentary system from Europe. WHEN DO WE START TO EMPLOY OUR OWN BRAINS AND DEVICE OUR OWN SYSTEMS??
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Vigilante: 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
ROSSIKE: Vigilante said:

Can you see the root of our problems? Always looking to copy other peoples' systems. Why can't we device our own system of govt or is it not the same brains we were endowed with as those that deviced the parliamentary system? Today we're practising presidential system imported from the USA. Now you want parliamentary system from Europe. WHEN DO WE START TO EMPLOY OUR OWN BRAINS AND DEVICE OUR OWN SYSTEMS??

Help us suggest one na. Is Japan in Europe? What is wrong if we copy a foreign system. Whatever works I am for it whether it is from the moon. Give us your suggestion please.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by naptu2: 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ah! Rossike! You beat me to it.

What I was going to say was, the task we have, what we have to do, is to make our leaders more accountable to us. It's not really about parliamentary or presidential system. Any of those systems can be corrupted. We need to push our leaders and pressure them to do what we want them to do. This might mean that we have to invent our own unique solutions to our problems, rather than copy other solutions wholesale.

I'm busy at the moment, but I'll give you some ideas, questions and solutions when I'm through.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by naptu2: 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
(4got to add) However, military rule is not the answer. It makes our leaders less accountable when we need to make them more accountable.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Vigilante: 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
naptu2: Ah! Rossike! You beat me to it.

What I was going to say was, the task we have, what we have to do, is to make our leaders more accountable to us. It's not really about parliamentary or presidential system. Any of those systems can be corrupted. We need to push our leaders and pressure them to do what we want them to do. This might mean that we have to invent our own unique solutions to our problems, rather than copy other solutions wholesale.

I'm busy at the moment, but I'll give you some ideas, questions and solutions when I'm through.

A problem has been on four decades, yiu have no idea how to solve it, you criticise a solution even before you try it just because it is "foreign". We are already practicing how to be mad this lo g. How long will it then take us to be mad? Give us a solution please.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by naptu2: 5:28am On Jul 21, 2012
Vigilante:

A problem has been on four decades, yiu have no idea how to solve it, you criticise a solution even before you try it just because it is "foreign". We are already practicing how to be mad this lo g. How long will it then take us to be mad? Give us a solution please.

Hahahahahahahaha! What haven't we tried? We had the same parliamentary system during the first republic (go read about it)(who do you expect to kick out the leaders like they do in Japan and Italy, members of parliament? The national assembly currently has the power to impeach the president, why hasn't that been done?), we've had military rule, we've had civilian executive presidency, we've even had diarchy! So tell me, what haven't we tried?

Do you know the kind of concentration of power that comes with parliamentary system? The problem is not the system, the problem is the practice and the solutions, though many, start with good civic education.

I'll be back.
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Vigilante: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2012
You call 6 years of Paliamentary experiment "try"?
Re: Mark My Words - Military Goverment Would Take Over . by Kpac(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2012
We would be ripped of some of our democratic benefit. Yes ! Let it go,its would be but for sometime. The system would be sanitized,though there are no guarantees Military government would be without its early flaws, but a dedicated,disciplined Military man who loves his people with all entirety is what we need now.

At least, there wount be reckless one way drivers,corrupt contractors that take it as an act to keep collecting our contracts and abandoning them would be dealth with in a military way,people like Bankole,Diezani,Gbenga daniel and faruk would have been in maximum prison dying off slowly,fake drug dealers would be caught and sent outa life......Not this loop holed democrazy where a fake drug dealer whose drugs has rendered some motherless is charged to court and granted bail of 50,000 and two sureties in like sum. Just Imagine !

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan Seals Deal With Muslim Leaders / Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe / Nigerian Flag Beautifully Flying At The New York Stock Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.