Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,601 members, 7,955,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better (17045 Views)

Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Fernando Torres Wins Golden Boot At Euro 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by btb: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2006
Of Torres of A. Madrid and Robin van persie, who's better?
Just a clip of both of them:

Fernando Torres:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBa5bWdoQs&search=torres

Robin van Persie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78A8rnfBGNs&search=van%20persie
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfAUWpE34P8&search=van%20persie
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by Christino(m): 3:25am On Dec 08, 2006
Can't authoritatively say, but i'd pick "Little" Bergkamp, he scores freekicks too.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2009
How times have changed grin grin. Van Persie vs Torres? undecided
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2009
Is it not a shame that Van Rapist that was once compared to Torres is now being compared to Bendtner
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by jalether(m): 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2009
dayokanu:

Is it not a shame that Van Rapist that was once compared to Torres is now being compared to Bendtner

haha, atleast he is better than gomez tongue
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2009
Van persie is better than all strikers in the budesliga combined
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2009
The bundesliga currently have a striker with 10 world cup goals, another one broke a 50yr Serie A scoring record. Tell us what Van Rapist has achieved in his career worth mentioning
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2009
Hahaha
as usual, dayokanu is too daft to engage in a sensible debate so he tries to put age old achievements on the table.
Klose and toni, like the club & the league where they play, are a spent force.
the fact that they're the best names u could come up with speaks volumes of ur club/league.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Oct 18, 2009
Instead of rhetorics tell us one striker who has a better goal scoring pedigree and hope you won't come up with Bundesliga failures like SantaCruz and Berbatov
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2009
Ok, what exactly has torres achieved in his career "worth mentioning"? Is it safe to say klose & toni are better than torres?
Jesus is weeping for you grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by edoyad(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
dayokanu:

The bundesliga currently have a striker with 10 world cup goals, another one broke a 50yr Serie A scoring record. Tell us what Van Rapist has achieved in his career worth mentioning

Half of the goals were scored in one game versus Saudi Arabia 2 world cups ago. tongue
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2009
What goalscoring feat has Torres achieved in his career? Has he ever been top scorer in any league outside EPL or in any top competition

Tell me how many strikers in the current EPL who has ever been top scorer in a major competition. Be it World cup or Euro cup
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2009
dayokanu:

What goalscoring feat has Torres achieved in his career? Has he ever been top scorer in any league outside EPL or in any top competition

Tell me how many strikers in the current EPL who has ever been top scorer in a major competition. Be it World cup or Euro cup
Kai dis beef wey u get with the premier league too much ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2009
Its just a simply question. and they should come up with answers or can they explain why EPL players are duds at major tournaments.

Since I was born I have never seen a player from EPL win the player of any tournament.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^^^^^ Milan Baros was the top goal scorer in Euro 2004 wink cool
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by jaybee3(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^
as well as shearer having dat accolade in '96
lineker in '86
best young player for '98 = owen
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2009

Note the key word

Since I was born I have never seen a player from EPL win the player of any tournament.

Was Lineker and Shearer best player at any tournament? Tell me. Mexico 86 was Diego Maradona and Euro 96 was Sammer i think or do we have another award in Ajegunle?
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2009
dayokanu:

Was Lineker and Shearer best player at any tournament? Tell me. Mexico 86 was Diego Maradona and Euro 96 was Sammer i think or do we have another award in Ajegunle?
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin I think J.B was talking about Top Goalscorer not Best Player
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by jaybee3(m): 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin I think J.B was talking about Top Goalscorer not Best Player
but dk saved the day by using the "current" technicality of his post. grin grin grin
i thought i had him dead and centre. oh well, live to fight another day.
his hatred for anything british is legendary shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^ Look before you leap bro.

If na for Shitta you dey or Okokomaiko you for don chop slap grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even for internet next time I might whoze you.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2009
jay bee:

but dk saved the day by using the "current" technicality of his post. grin grin grin
i thought i had him dead and centre. oh well, live to fight another day.
his hatred for anything british is legendary shocked shocked shocked
It seems the dude is on a one man mission to prove that both the premier league & english players are mediocre grin cheesy.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2009
It seems the dude is on a one man mission to prove that both the premier league & english players are mediocre

Proove anything otherwise and a Nobel prize awaits you.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2009
Watch out for three lions. Come next year's world cup they'll be a force to be reckoned it.

Their Back four is currently the best in international football and with hagreaves(if fit) protecting the back four,teams would find it difficult to score against them.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2009
So Toni & Klose are better strikers than Torres?
Children, the moral of the story is dayokanu is a nutcase whom u should never debate anything with. grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2009
Watch out for three lions. Come next year's world cup they'll be a force to be reckoned it.

Their Back four is currently the best in international football and with hagreaves(if fit) protecting the back four,teams would find it difficult to score against them.

Are you mocking them? Did you watch the match against Ukraine? is Ferdinand part of this back 4? Glen Johnson too?

@ritchboy, Tell us the achievements of Torres over Kloni in football that makes him better.
Show us Torres' achievement
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2009
dayokanu:

Are you mocking them? Did you watch the match against Ukraine? is Ferdinand part of this back 4? Glen Johnson too?

Show me a country with a better back 4. We all know Ferdinand is going through a rough patch.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2009
How good was Brazilian back 4 of when they won in 1994 and 2002.

How good was the defence of Zacardo, Materrazi, Canavaro and Zambrotta. 2 or those 4 are wacked.

How good defensively is the defence of Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Marchena to win the Euro? Its the ability to play together and understand one another.

Germany with Friedrich, Metzelder and Mertersacker who aint top 8 CB pair have played a final and 3rd place in the last 2 tournament yet Bosingwa, Pepe, Carvalho fail

Back 4 is about ability to play together.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2009
dayokanu:

How good was Brazilian back 4 of when they won in 1994 and 2002.

How good was the defence of Zacardo, Materrazi, Canavaro and Zambrotta. 2 or those 4 are wacked.

How good defensively is the defence of Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Marchena to win the Euro? Its the ability to play together and understand one another.

Germany with Friedrich, Metzelder and Mertersacker who aint top 8 CB pair have played a final and 3rd place in the last 2 tournament yet Bosingwa, Pepe, Carvalho fail

Back 4 is about ability to play together.
Brazil's back four in 1994 was very good. Marcio santos & Especially Aldair were class. BTW,you still shown me a country with a better back 4.

C'mon next year if both Terry & Ferdie are @ the top of their game few strikers will get any change from them which I belive might just be key.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^ Very few strikers like those from Ukraine?
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by chic2pimp(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^^^ I think you are doing english players an injustice. Overhyping them(as the press often does) is one thing however underrating them is just as bad.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2009
Underrating a group who have not played a semi finals of international tourney in 12 years not to talk of finals??
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by Sauron1: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

^^^^ I think you are doing english players an injustice. Overhyping them(as the press often does) is one thing however underrating them is just as bad.

Even a goat knows England have the best set of defenders in the world for the past 6 years.
However, they have no good goalie to compliment the talents they have in the defence and when the goalie is mediocre, defenders don't believe in themselves.  England's problem in tournaments is not because the defenders are shit . . . .It is because they have not been able to produce a world class goalie since Gordon Banks in the 70s.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw At 11am / Red Star Belgrade Vs Arsenal : Europa League (0 - 1) On 19th October 2017 / Manchester City Vs QPR (3- 2) On Sunday 13th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.