Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? (26770 Views)

Eating With People I Don't Know? Awkward? / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Chinom(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
Stoopid post !. Is it not fufu or eba that they're eating. What else were they supposed to use. However packing rice with one's hands is gross. I've seen people do that.
Chicken on the other hand MUST be eaten with hand. especially drumsticks.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lol
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
ifihearam:

Must you people always expose how local you are??shuooooo
And if i must ask what's wrong with speaking your local dialect?? this is why half of those children born to nigerian parents in diaspora don't even understand their parents language.!! People like you should be shot.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by rosamaris: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
Whether in the public or in the private one should eat the way one is comfortable with otherwise don't order for foods that will cause you discomfort in the manner you should eat. I don't see anything wrong here hence its what they like to take. They are only expressing their culture.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by vega84(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Wat the hell is the big deal? Cos she does acting fr a living she's no longer a normal african being, na wah ooo everything is nw news even the Europeans hav some foods they eat wit bare hands so cut the craps is no BIGGIE!

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by MissyB3(f): 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
There's no need crying unnecessarily, please!

It's a very simple question - 4 people dipping their ball of eba into the same plate of ogbono soup, is it gross or cool[b]?[/b]

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Martini101(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
Food is supposed to be eaten at ones comfort. OP, If u think this is gross, mine is the 'grossest' cos when i go to fast food joint to eat rice and chicken, i always ask them to do away wit their fork and give me Shovel{spoon}. Come beat me now. Lol
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by pyyxxaro: 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
I wud prefer a pik of her stooling in a mud toilet tongue grin ....fooooolz
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by MissyB3(f): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
stagger: I have always eaten African swallow with my fingers, whether in public or private. What the hell is wrong with that?
I am appalled at all these attempts to Westernize Africans, meanwhile a typical Westerner treat Africans like dirt. What in the world is supposed to be wrong with eating swallow with the fingers?
I think, as usual, lots of nairalanders are being overly sentimental over nothing.
The question wasn't posed in regard to eating without cutlery, but with regard to 4 people sharing one plate of ogbono soup.
We know how messy that thing can be . . .before the 2 people at the extreme ends get their ball of eba into their mouth, the ogbono must have dripped everywhere. tongue

To clear the air : The OP didn't pose the question, I did . . .I included it to give you all something to agree and disagree on. smiley
Even though I'm getting the desired result, I'll like to remind y'all that it's necessary to keep the comments civil. wink
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by StarFlux: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
food is food, whether you eat it with hands or cutlery. I see nothing wrong here.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by vega84(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
ultimatetboy: A
man had only one
daughter.
When
the daughter was
of marriage age,
the father sent
news around town
that all d eligible young men
should come to compete
in a test which
would determine who was fit to
marry his daughter. On dat set
day,
all d able-bodied young men
came
out. Some came with paper and
biro and others with cutlasses
and
swords.
The rich man took them to his
swimming pool
and addressed the men: â
€œAny
of
you
who can swim from one end of
this swimming pool to the other
would marry my daughter. In
addition, I‘ll give him 15
million
dollars, a car and a house so
they
can start life well. I shall b
waiting
to meet my son-in-law at d other
side. Good luck!�
As d young men, all very excited
at
the prospect of winning, started
taking off their shirts, a
helicopter
came over the pool
and dropped
snakes and crocodiles into the
pool. Immediately, all d men
turned
back and started wearing their
shirts again.Disappointed, some
of
them said,
''Thats crazy,.lets who can marry
that girl ,no one will'.
All of a sudden,
they heard a splash in the pool.
Everybody watched in
amazement
as one gentleman struggled his
way
across, avoiding the snakes and
crocodiles. Finally, he made it to
the
other side. The rich
man could not believe it. He
asked
d young man to name anything
he
wanted but the
man was still panting
uncontrollably.
Finally, he got himself and made
a
request saying, ''SHOW ME THE
PERSON WHO
PUSHED ME INSIDE THIS POOL!''
Moral: You don’t know what
you
are
capable of doing, until you are
PUSHED!!. You can still make the
most
out of the rest of the YEAR.
Sometimes it takes going
through
the
bad moments to bring out d
BEST
in us. Trials are raw materials for
Triumphant Testimonies... The
push might take different
dimensions:
some people needed to be
sacked
before realizing their
potentials and reaching their
goals
in life.
I PRAY SOMEONE OR SOMETHING
WILL
PUSH U INTO A GREATER HEIGHT
TODAY..
Pls help me
Like this facebook page
http://facebook.com/
ultimatetians
. This should make the front page nt that actress BULLSHIT!
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
lol another st[i]u[/i]pid post from people with too much time on their hands. grin
Why is the OP trying to pretend as if she and her family members have not eaten with their hands before? that is their culture, if you find it gross then move on and use a fork to eat your fufu.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by tunapawizzy: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
ifihearam:

Must you people always expose how local you are??shuooooo

gbenu sohun jor arindin
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by phreakabit(m): 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
Umm who is she?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Soooooooooo?

Nothing wrong with it. As long as her hands are washed before and after eating.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
And if i must ask what's wrong with speaking your local dialect?? this is why half of those children born to nigerian parents in diaspora don't even understand their parents language.!! People like you should be shot.

And roasted. Then fed to the vultures on a platter.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by FranecDaycare: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
it shows she's a true african lady
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Lakulos(m): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
What do you expect her to use,her legs?
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by domiron: 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
After all Chinese eat everything with chop sticks. Africa na hand we dey use.....
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Bettyfair09(f): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
@post.
Is that too special? Are they not human beings?
Mtcheew.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by megawax8: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
ifihearam: And this rubbish made the front page abi??

Moderators don really see home page finish
must there always b d front page gist al d tym......mtchewwww!!!!!....i rada u get a hobby

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by MMM2(m): 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
Representing africa

Keep it up.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
John is not happy sharing that food grin

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by odomanis: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
Swallow is an african food and not western. The only reasonable way to eat it is using your fingers. It is an abuse when you try using cuttlery. Anybody who does that should be laughed at and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Gwekzy: 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
OMG....I LOVE THIS GIRL..

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Basildon1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
Na wa o ...so na chopsticks dem go use chop fufu or what?

1 Like

Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
Wetin the OP been wan hear?!!

I personally dont eat nothing with my hands (For ajebutta reasons), but that not withstanding, I have absolutely no problems with it
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by CeaserB: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Please, is it a crime if you don't speak your local dialect? Saying they should be shot is too harsh and inhumane. Must we always turn violent if we don't like someone's personal view or comment.
Everyone is entitled to speak whatever language pleases them.
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Metalgoong(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
The silly POSTER has disappeared . . . LMAO.

Fake Yankee Wannabees!!
Re: Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
CeaserB:

Please, is it a crime if you don't speak your local dialect? Saying they should be shot is too harsh and inhumane. Must we always turn violent if we don't like someone's personal view or comment.
Everyone is entitled to speak whatever language pleases them.
But him putting down someone that is speaking their local dialect is idi.otic. And i didn't say "they" I said him, not the people that don't speak their language. And its the internet, its not like im gonna go shoot him directly in his house(I dont even know the guy sef). Dangg nigerians have to be so serious about everything *Rolls eyes*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Delicious Unripe Plantain Peppersoup With Goat Meat Recipe (pics & Video) / How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander / See The Sweet Crunchy Popcorn I Made In 5 Minutes With 3 Ingredients (Pic,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.