Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? (19254 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
the same hausa fulani that was chased out from onitsha and they ran to delta state and delta state gave them land to settle and sell their cows and goats not long after that boko haram plan to bomb a church in asaba but his luck ran out when he stop (okadaman) and ask him to take him to his destination were he will rake havoc but the okadaman knowing Hausa people didn't trust him drove him straight to police station and stated screaming boko haram boko haram. Police arrested the suspect and found bomb round his waist,after that delta state govt chase them out of delta state go there now,u will find the land empty.............................
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by manbuchai: 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
waja: . They are now animals? During the war, U people accommodated them, now U want them to leave. Where is Gowon? He negleted Aburi accord which led to civil war now he has negleted Barkin Ladi / Berom accord that has led to uncivilsed war.
Which people are you talking about?ezigbo onye igbo ka mbu,ma na achorom ka ekewa obodoa ka udo were dili.All efforts henceforth should be geared towards the disintegration of this failed country.It is now clear that we cannot live peacefully together.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by sarutobie(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
baslone: The Fulani people are ascetic, kind and generous BUT Never fight a war (hot
or cold) with the Fulani. Because they have :

1. No rules of engagement(they just hit again and again)

2. No POW's (they don't take prisoners)

3. No mercy (once they pick you out as the enemy)

4. No fighting fatigue (they are forever fit and prepared, due to their lifestyle)

5. No need for adequate provisions &permanent abode (they live on very little and sleep in the wilderness)

6. No end to hostilities (they fight to finish)

7. No ignorance of terrain and location ( their lifestyle makes everyone of them a human GPS )

8. No deterrence due to casualties (they are strategically distributed all over West and Central Africa, and highly mobile)

9. No need for tranquility (they have no permanent settlements which need peace to thrive)

10. No fear of consequences !
Number 7 got me laughing..human GPS indeed.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
It is very unfortunate dat I see pple jst post rubbish here at will,going by the political happenings in nigeria, it has become a common practice for the majority, to dominate the minority, in plataeu state pple do not look at fulani as who they are, pple look at them as small group of indigent nomads, who roam the bushes and the forest,going by history a hausa man and a fulani man hav neva been at peace with each other because of while one is a farmer the other a cattle man, and these has brought about deadly clashes btw these two, not until the question of political domination of nigeria and administrative control set in and they came under the banner of religion as an avenue for consolidation to form a front, and this front is what we see happening today in differnt manifestation all over,while the main hausa man is used for main political purposes the fulani is used to create inroads in the south and within minorities to live and study the live style of the non hausa/fulani. This accounts for y from the position of VP,NSA,top military boss,IGP,speaker,Customs,NDLEA,ministers,permanent secretaries, heads of parastatals, and boards of govt agencies,they are the heads in all these places, and they will continue to do every thing to subjugate you all. The case in plateau is no diffent because there is no group living in the state that has not been affected negatively as a result of these pples insatiable love for blood letting in quest for political domination, in jos the strategy is this way,since usman danfodio couldn't conquer the indegenes of the state,and they hav failed in all efforts to dominate these christians politically, they divided themselves into 2 groups, the hausa in the main town,while the fulanis in the bushes and villages, these has been their revised strategy since their woefull defeat, during the 2008/10/11 crises in jos, despite using the army and Maj Gen Maina. This plateau as beautiful as it is will become a model for world peace and conflict resolution overtime
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by manbuchai: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
nagoma:

1800 cows are slaughtered daily in lagos alone. Thanks to the fulanis for rearing them under hard conditions and with no support or enabling environment encouraged by government. I agree that Jona Retardeen should just preside over the division of this country. It is the height of irresponsibility to say that Fulani are parasites in Nigeria. They have the least contact with government and more productive with their hardworking and endurance than any tribe in Nigeria .the evacuation order is a declaration of war on a segment of Nigerias population.
Well done!i like when you made mention of dividing the country.It is obvious we are not one,please do me a favour?be an advocate of Nigerias( division)but start from the grass roots.Educate your people on why it is necessary for us to go our saperate ways.We have nothing in common except skin colour.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
Jarus:
Fulani control Kwara, you know.

Aloy~Emeka:
Pa Dr. Olusola Saraki: Warts & all • Yes! I’m Fulani from Mali • Why I never served military govt
By FEMI ADEOTI

Monday, August 17, 2009
Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki, elderstatesman and chairman, Northern Union (NU), has spoken as never before. He practically opened up for close to two-and-a-half hours when he met with a group of selected journalists at his Abuja home recently.

Saraki

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/17/514.html

He answered every question as much as he could, and clarified some “knotty” issues. He talked about his “real” origin, past military governments, why ex-civilian governors of Kwara State always rebuffed him after installation, NU, collapse of ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo’s third term agenda, etc.

Excerpts:

Who is Saraki?

As you know, I am Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. By profession, I am a medical practitioner but by accident, I found myself in politics and I don’t regret it in the sense that I am satisfied that I am doing what I like. I am happy with it even though the road has been very rugged and rough. But if you are honest and sincere, and this is what has happened to me, you will feel fulfilled. I have been very honest in politics and in life. I have been very sincere and very considerate and so I feel fulfilled and very satisfied.

I found myself in politics by accident because I am essentially a medical practitioner and I trained in one of the best medical schools. I was at the Saint George Medical College, University of London. When I was a student in London, I was a very active member of Nigerian Students Union. That was before Nigeria’s independence during the colonial days. I used to attend Nigerian Students’ meetings and I used to write a lot of articles such as those “Letters to the Editors” in the West African News Magazine which was popular at that time.

When I qualified as a medical doctor in 1962, I came back to Nigeria. I would have gone to Kaduna to practise medicine but I never did because I was angered by the refusal of the then Northern Regional Government to grant me scholarship to study medicine. The refusal was on the grounds that my parents could afford to train me and, so I too refused to go and work for the Northern government. I worked in Lagos at the General Hospital instead.

Later on, I joined the Peak Hospital from where I resigned my appointment in order to contest election into the Federal House of Representatives in 1964 as an independent candidate. Of course, I lost the election. The reason was that the Northern Peoples Congress (NPC) was a very strong party which would not accept me as the official candidate. The leader of the party and Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello, announced that all the old members should be returned at the polls because the NPC believed that it was being threatened by the Action Group (AG). They believed that the devil they knew was better than the one they never met.

That decision was taken barely two weeks before the elections.

My people insisted that I must contest even if as an independent candidate because I was very popular with the people at that time. But we forgot the strength of the government and the party officials at that time. Two weeks before the elections, it was announced that nobody should vote for an independent candidate and that the Sardauna had a big mirror in his Kaduna office with which he could monitor anyone flouting the order. They voted for the official candidate and that was how I lost the election. But I was never daunted because I believed in what I was doing. I went back to my practice in Lagos and I was doing well in my medical practice until the return to party-politics in 1978/79.

Real identity

[b]My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences?
[/b]
People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you are.

https://www.nairaland.com/311183/saraki-yes-m-fulani-mali
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
Jimmy Boy: What is the position of th law on this, can a general now evict a landlord or a bonafide tenant( who has paid his rent) from his place of residence, without compensation and alternative place of residence?

I guess the State of Emergency that was declared there earlier In the year gives the military the legal backing to do what's necessary to restore peace there. Peaceful minded people should just leave for now.

The night murdering of sleeping women and children has to be stopped. The weapons there must be removed. If this inconvenience is what's needed, so be it. The military should do the needful against the stubborn ones.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
Man first of all the constitution has its limits: it was written by a military dictator and it wasn't voted.
So I think it is only a matter of time before it is modified. Moreover no one would ignore that the union called Nigeria was never an agreement among Nigerians but a forced amalgamation by white people aiming at us with guns and bombs and threatening us with it. But now those white people are out of our way. We shall remember that Nigeria is not a nation but an empire with different peoples. We can live together in peace if we recognize that. Or else we would only be lying to ourselves and we will lead our many kingdoms to destruction and famine

In summary you are saying there is no Nigeria. So on whose authority Is the military declaring war on these Fulani communities. With the above explanation there is in fact no president and no government isn't it?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2: Are you kidding me, in the southwest and south-south we can accommodate haussas and fulanis just as long as they are not too much. Why should we accommodate all of them while the south-east sits on its fat ass ?
There is no more cultural understanding between us and the haussas than there is between igbos and the haussas. Instead of saying rubbish why don't you suggest they go north ? Why do you want a tribe of murderers and blood suckers to come southwest ? Why wouldn't you prefer they went back home ?

[size=14pt]The southeast and southsouth has nothing in common with the fulanis but the yorubas share a lot in common with the fulanis . so the southwest would be the perfect settlement for the Fulanis[/size]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
TroGunn:

I guess the State of Emergency that was declared there earlier In the year gives the military the legal backing to do what's necessary to restore peace there. Peaceful minded people should just leave for now.

The night murdering of sleeping women and children has to be stopped.

i do not subscribe to killing innocent people while they sleep
i do not subscribe to hiding murderers among the people claiming they are innocent since they are from our tribe

once a man decides to kill his neighbor he should be killed irrespective of his tribe

if they wont dialogue or live in peace then they should release the bad eggs among them and not hide them

can the fulani group claim they dont know who and whom is boko haram that live among them
can they claim they dont know who and whom is among the night cowards that kill people while they sleep

if they dont want to give up these bad eggs they should suffer the same fate enough is enough.

it is simple fact when u harbor a criminal u r either in support of his activities or u are also a criminal

maybe until we disintegrate to full scale war, that's when the Northern sympathizers would know what they have done to this country.

give up the evil men and lets deal with them simple

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[size=14pt]The southeast and southsouth has nothing in common with the fulanis but the yorubas share a lot in common with the fulanis . so the southwest would be the perfect settlement for the Fulanis[/size]

True. The SW even share their religion and mostly in support of each other, even on NL. Tinubu and Buhari should work not just on consolidating their parties but also the regions.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by nagoma(m): 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
manbuchai: Well done!i like when you made mention of dividing the country.It is obvious we are not one,please do me a favour?be an advocate of Nigerias( division)but start from the grass roots.Educate your people on why it is necessary for us to go our saperate ways.We have nothing in common except skin colour.

Please take a look at my previous posts, I have been advocating for a separation. I personally hate to be in the same country with you. As clueless as GEJ is, he will be my hero if he can fix date , form a committee and design a timetable for our separation. I can't stand you and what you represent.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by naptu2: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
nagoma:

Please take a look at my previous posts, I have been advocating for a separation. I personally hate to be in the same country with you. As clueless as GEJ is, he will be my hero if he can fix date , form a committee and design a timetable for our separation. I can't stand you and what you represent.

grin grin grin my aching ribs.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by waja(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
manbuchai: Which people are you talking about?ezigbo onye igbo ka mbu,ma na achorom ka ekewa obodoa ka udo were dili.All efforts henceforth should be geared towards the disintegration of this failed country.It is now clear that we cannot live peacefully together.
. Nwa afo, ndewoo.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by rawtruth(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=14pt]So are we saying that the Fulanis in Plateau state should be forcefully evacuated ? BS!!! This is one Nigeria. If the plateau state government are allowed to do this then other state government would want to follow suite and this is wrong in a united country. If the STF in Plateau carries this out then Kogi , Kwara , Ogun and Oyo would also want to forcefully evacuate the Fulanis that have been in their state for YEARS. [/size]
You got it wrong! Not all Fulanis in Plateau state. If you had carefully read the statement of STF you would have seen names of particular villages concerned. Security forces must have done their homework well before coming to that decision, so it isn't proper for anyone to become suddenly emotional and start issuing condemnations.

Blame the Miyeti Allah cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria who, in the name of Pan-Fulani solidarity, invites and protects all types of fulanis from across Sub-Sahara Africa into the country; ostensibly to help them 'conquer' the vast green vegetation of central Nigeria. In 2001/2002, fulanis sponsored Jukuns and Alago tribes to uproot the Tivs from Taraba and Nassarawa states. Thousands of Tivs were murdered and their homes destroyed. The then National Security Adviser, Rtd General Gusau, a fulani man, fed the erratic OBJ with doctored security reports that eventually led to the invasion of Zaki-Biam and other towns in Benue state. While the killings were still on, fulani herdsmen invaded abandoned Tiv farms with their animals, looting and destroyed economic trees. Apart from the southern people and their print media, no one from the fulanis' array of prominent persons condemned that genocide.

While dialogue remains the best way of resolving crises, those who prefer violence, as demonstrated by boko haram and fulani militias, must be forced to submit to the collective resolve of all citizens to live in peace in a one and united Nigeria.

I SUGGEST THAT YOU, AND EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM, OPEN THIS LINK TO LOOK AT 'WHY' GOVT IS BEGINNING TO SHOW SOME SORT OF ANGER: http://www.anglicandioceseofjos.org/dogo.html
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
First of all I am from the south-south!
We see ourselves as closer to the south-west than to the south-east!
And more than three quarters of the Yorubas are christians!
So shut your mouth !

It has nothing to do with religion rather its about cultural similarities
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
First of all I am from the south-south!
We see ourselves as closer to the south-west than to the south-east!
And more than three quarters of the Yorubas are christians!
So shut your mouth !

You can open your mouth as wide as you want, but fact remains SW would be more homely a place for the Fulanis than the SS and SE. Approx 99% of SE and SS are non-Muslims, which you confirm is not the case in the SW.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Ntucky: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
which homes and investments? the fulanis are used to kill the innocent ppl in tis areas....this is a ryt step forward...lets not be stupid abt this issue...what needs to b done shld b done...and sharply
Ileke-IdI:
And why should they move?

Will they be provided for if they leave all their homes and investment?

Will the army provide homes for them?

How about the women and children, will they be protected?

How about the newborns, will they be provided for?

Are the army sure that all these Fulanis are guilty of wrong doing?

That's what I like about the Fulanis; they can't be bullied.
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by hotwax: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
You can open your mouth as wide as you want, but fact remains SW would be more homely a place for the Fulanis than the SS and SE. Approx 99% of SE and SS are non-Muslims, which you confirm is not the case in the SW.
What happened to the North ? There are blank/large lands in the north. Why sout-west where everywhere is filled already? Are they not from the North ?
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by EMPERORZIMUS: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hahahahahahahahaha fulani abeg stay 4 ur house the massacre weh una wanna tell the world we go dey nairaland hear am.toms up to s.t.f in jos am solidly supporting these approach.
Onlytruth: Why do I have a strong urge for a chuckle? lol
Poetic justice. cool
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
patriot2:
There are no cultural similarities. Yorubas are not a civilisation of murderers. We do not believe in claiming other people's lands and we do not believe in genocide. So there goes your similarity. We believe in science and in love for human life. But if pushed to the wall we will unleash hell. (N.B: I am Edo although I am aware of the fact that Edos and Yorubas are one same people.)

[size=15pt]And since when did all Hausas become murderers ? Like Trogunn said Yorubas and Hausas are binded by the cultural and religious similarities between them . The South east and South south religious and cultural inclination is totally different from that of the Hausa-fulani man . The STF's resolution to evacuate the Hausas is not a good one but if they decide to go ahead with it then the Southwest would be the most preferred option for the Hausas.
[i]P:s: This is just by the way [/i]I have lots of edo friends and they detest yorubas or people who try to bundle them along with the yorubas . They believe they are Bini or Esan . I think the people of Edo state should be allowed to identify themselves BY THEMSELVES . Any move to make them an "ANNEX" of another tribe would create identity crisis and is totally unacceptable .[/size]
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by manbuchai: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
nagoma:

I represent what you dread/fear most,why did you or your parents fought to keep Nigeria one.Millions of other ethic groups died during the war just to have the igbos in Nigeria,why? Cant you read the hand writing on the wall? For your information,i vowed never to set my foot on any northern soil.I detest their way of life,they have no value for human life,killing innocent women and children is a hobby to them!
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Dainfamous: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[size=15pt]And since when did all Hausas become murderers ? Like Trogunn said Yorubas and Hausas are binded by the cultural and religious similarities between them . The South east and South south religious and cultural inclination is totally different from that of the Hausa-fulani man . The STF's resolution to evacuate the Hausas is not a good one but if they decide to go ahead with it then the Southwest would be the most preferred option for the Hausas.
[i]P:s: This is just by the way [/i]I have lots of edo friends and they detest yorubas or people who try to bundle them along with the yorubas . They believe they are Bini or Esan . I think the people of Edo state should be allowed to identify themselves BY THEMSELVES . Any move to make them an "ANNEX" of another tribe would create identity crisis and is totally unacceptable .[/size]
correct, i have came across ishan people and they hate it when u say they share they same cultures with Yoruba....in EDO state if u cant speak Benin language u are not smelling any political position in that state...
Re: The Fulani Will Not Leave - Beginning Of The End? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dr been

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister / "We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / We Pay N1.5billion To Poorest Nigerians Monthly - VP Osinbajo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.