Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes (14600 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2012
Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

i picked a total of 6 big suitcases yesterday..on getting home..i decided to open the suitcases and to my chagrin i saw 2 big suitcases filled with just baby footwear...foot wears with price tags ranging from 70dollars to 300dollars..infact the total money she spent on clothes,toys and shoes she bought for the baby is in the range of 1-2m..i was livid with anger..how can someone spend that kind of money on a baby?? shoes that the child will outgrow in a few years time...the first time i wore a 15k shoe was during my NYSC...i am just maad that my wife is not frugal with money..things are not as rosy as it seems..i called her to complain and all she could say was that she is spending the money on her son...it is even heartbreaking that she sees nothing wrong in spending such moni on a baby..

i honestly do not want to bring up my child in such manner...a child needs to know that things are hard..and am just patiently waiting for her to come back..this nonsense just have to stop.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by WudBMother: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2012
A beg make you no beat am o.please forgive her,this kind f thing happens with most First time mothers. She may decide to sell some.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by rule(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2012
For real?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by maclatunji: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2012
OP, is it her money or yours she is spending? If it yours, then limit the amounts you let her have access to. If it hers, advise her to go easy on the wasteful spending and invest her money in profitable ventures. You have every right to be angry but explain it to her gently without losing your seriousness in passing the point across.

You need to watch your wife lest she ruins your finances.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by OldHag: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
Look on the bright side, your son will be stepping out in style grin. I love shoes.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
^^^Lol. When I read the post the first time I laughed and thought to myself. . . . "This pikin is a mini Jennykadry" grin

@OP
Other kids will be wearing okirika 100 naira but your child will be knacking them CL, LV, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, dior etc grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by megxo(m): 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^Lol. When I read the post the first time I laughed and thought to myself. . . . "This pikin is a mini Jennykadry" grin

@OP
Other kids will be wearing okirika 100 naira but your child will be knacking them CL, LV, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, dior etc grin cheesy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CANT STOP LAFFIN grin grin
grin

grin grin

grin
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by megxo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
DID SHE ALSO GET SKINNY JEANS FOR D LITTLE ONE, wif som "AMMA KIP KIP" T shirt?? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
Take want you want to fling for sale before she comes back and put them on sale..., but remember to replace with much cheaper ones...in fact I doubt if ppl will like to buy from you. For the reply she gave you, I think that's only language she will understand if not when her first daughter arrives...she go empty the account to match what IVY BLUE wears!

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ifihearam: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
@op. Na ur money she spend. Yes or No

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Topkush: 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
Maybe it's her first born
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
you guys are funny sha.....

she even bought some fluffy shoes...saw sleeping shoes on the tag..i tire...people dey wear shoe sleep??...i had a rough childhood and it really helped me in becoming the man i am now..i wouldnt want ma son to grow up thinking that life is a bed of roses..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ramaju: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee: Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

i picked a total of 6 big suitcases yesterday..on getting home..i decided to open the suitcases and to my chagrin i saw 2 big suitcases filled with just baby footwear...foot wears with price tags ranging from 70dollars to 300dollars..infact the total money she spent on clothes,toys and shoes she bought for the baby is in the range of 1-2m..i was livid with anger..how can someone spend that kind of money on a baby?? shoes that the child will outgrow in a few years time...the first time i wore a 15k shoe was during my NYSC...i am just maad that my wife is not frugal with money..things are not as rosy as it seems..i called her to complain and all she could say was that she is spending the money on her son...it is even heartbreaking that she sees nothing wrong in spending such moni on a baby..

i honestly do not want to bring up my child in such manner...a child needs to know that things are hard..and am just patiently waiting for her to come back..this nonsense just have to stop.
You should have known your wife better or may be you know her excesses but chose to ignore. Manage her and don't provide more than necessary and try not to confront her harshly.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by usmanyaro17: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sorry pal,even though she is quite extravagant,you have a lot of work to do,just teach her how to be prudent,it will go a long way.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
Topkush: Maybe it's her first born

yeah..its our first.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by feminineA: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
Your wife needs to be careful o. Haba! Babies grow rapidly and in a year or 2 from now the shoes become useless. Its normal to want to overspend on a new baby especially the first child but its your place as the man to curb her spending excesses.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by overkillR(f): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
This is always the case with first time mothers. How long did you guys wait for before having him? I think she's just over excited and will get over it in due time.

Maclatunji couldn't have said it better.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by feminineA: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
Your wife needs to be careful o. Haba! Babies develop rapidly and in a year or 2 from now the shoes become useless. Its normal to want to overspend on a new baby especially the first child but its your place as the man to curb her spending excesses.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2012
maclatunji: OP, is it her money or yours she is spending? If it yours, then limit the amounts you let her have access to. If it hers, advise her to go easy on the wasteful spending and invest her money in profitable ventures. You have every right to be angry but explain it to her gently without losing your seriousness in passing the point across.

You need to watch your wife lest she ruins your finances.

its not really ma money....like 90% is hers...even at that i do not think its right to spend such amount on a baby..comón thats somebody's annual salary..its not just right..btwn you need to see the contents of a pot of soup ma wife makes..you go just weak...life is not easy but she does not care..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ANYPEN(m): 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
Am sure if you're not a politician then you're into petroleum!!! Those are the sectors that can afford that level of wastage(madness)in this country. 2million just on baby footwears? This isn't just wasteful, it is total madness! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by vanitty: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
I am guessing this is your first child Biko, don’t be too annoyed o :-)

It is her emotions /temptations to buy all this cute things. You just need to tell her to reign in on her excesses. To be honest, this babies outgrown this items so quickly, they really don’t need so many items. Babies will always be cute as long as they are clean, healthy, well-fed and happy

Anyway, even people that are not pregnant, do not plan on having another baby are always tempted to buy this cute cute items for “keeps” or just in case or oh I can always give it to my sister/niece/friend/That pregnant lady in chirch! etc. .., not to talk off a first-time mother.

Pele.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
They asked you whose money she spent? You intentionally ignored the question.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Were ni yen ke! When i say some women needs beating, some pple criticise me. Is this not full blown madness Well, my advice. Go and open a shop for her to start selling baby stuffs and if she refuses your gesture.. Abeg beat her( oh oh, she just gave birth. That means u have to wait for about a year before pounding her)
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Silva79(f): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
450k on shoes! Sincerely i hate xpenses dat doesnt make economic sense...anyways no vex try 2 xplain things 2 her gently wen she comes. Insha Allah may u nt lack may dat baby boy bring fortune in2 ur family.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
@OP
as you have stated that it is HER money, then you have absolutely no say in the matter. if you have a problem with her spending habits then you should have dealt with it earlier.
sadly, some women are silly like that when it comes to shopping........... they will even buy stuff they DONT need, if it is on sale.

look at the good side of it, your future children will already have shoes to wear (as we all know that babies outgrow footwear within less than 3 months.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
maasoap: They asked you whose money she spent? You intentionally ignored the question.

your answer mate

nexeee:

its not really ma money....like 90% is hers...even at that i do not think its right to spend such amount on a baby..comón thats somebody's annual salary..its not just right..btwn you need to see the contents of a pot of soup ma wife makes..you go just weak...life is not easy but she does not care..
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
as you have stated that it is HER money, then you have absolutely no say in the matter. if you have a problem with her spending habits then you should have dealt with it earlier.
sadly, some women are silly like that when it comes to shopping........... they will even buy stuff they DONT need, if it is on sale.

look at the good side of it, your future children will already have shoes to wear (as we all know that babies outgrow footwear within less than 3 months.

Not guilty cool
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by alienYOUTH(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
They rly mean no evil but give a woman an arm & she'll go for ur jugular. Wifey jst bought nu school bags for d kids @ N6000 a piece...I'm like my Targus full-sized laptop backpack was N5000, u wud hav thot their liliputian backpack wud be a fraction of dat. I hav not begun to mention d unsolicited, compulsive shopping sprees. D annoying thing is dat dey will refuse to wear d fine clothes/shoes for them (saving it for special occasions) until d kids outgrow them.
WOMEN...

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by AJpikin: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
Even if na her money thats pure madness the child need more important things she could spend d money on.
Guy believe I ve been there the child fit no some of those shoe pass once or not all in some cases.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Tintinix: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee: Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

Its my opinion that you have a frank talk with your wife on this, seeing that you were not there for the birthing and shopping i would have suggested that you she returns back the unnecssary items.
Celebrity lifestyles as are being pushed down our throats will want to erode the absurdity of this kind of spending... a new born baby till that baby is 2 years old SHOULD NOT have shoes worth even up to 100K!Do not treat this with levity!

Having said this,do not rule out post trauamtic stress disorder as a result of childbirthing, so it will be a balancing act for you...
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
At Op, why are u nagging and complaining? I tot it was ur money. Abeg ignore my first advice jare..
Between congratulations.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by boomssey(f): 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2012

Seriously dats 2 xtravagant.am not sayin 1 suldnt takia of der babies bt one suldnt spend moni uneccessarily dis days.d baby mite even grow faster dan u tink in a couple of mnths so wuld u giv out d stufs.u suld mak her realize wot she has don i mean its uncald 4,even if one is a billionaire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Single Parenting: My Success Story / Pro And Cons Of Living Together With Your In-Laws. / 5 Movies You Shouldn't Allow Your Children Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.