Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes (14598 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by 2mch(m): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ pls do tell us what is "best" to do with N2Milla, sir.

If as a family they could comfortably afford it, the guy will not be here complaining. I am sure he paid for all her medical expenses so what is left is for her to blow away money that has more use to them in Nigeria than on clothes. Yes, it is her money. But as a couple it is THEIR money. Such large expenses should be discussed extensively. It is also obvious the woman blew it on frivolous designer things. Designer things have seasons and you are out of fashion when seasons change. So what is she going to do? Go back and spend another N2m? On a new born? When something is ridiculous, it has no other name. If they could afford it, he will not be here complaining.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
@poster, if that is the first baby, i will tell you that you will gain it at the end. because i believe they are quality product. the second will likely put it on, same with the third, fourth etc.
if you have the money don't complain too much but if you don't have enough then make her understand it. when i had my first baby i was the one spending. My wife had to tell me to stop. i believe i spent more than a million to buy things for him. And you know what, the baby even outgrown some of the wears b4 he even put them on, but i never regretted it. it was joy to me to have a baby. the second is also using most because they were quality.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Herthey09: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
To me it doesnt make sense.........I'm nt saying she shdnt buy stuffz 4 d baby but dtz tooo much.I'l jst plead with the husband to tk tnz easy with her wn she is bk
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
Guy no too worry. Look at d bright side- GEJ no get shoe he became presido, ur pickin get plenty GOOD shoes- him fit become Presido of USA!!! Jst saying

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by tpia5: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
. I've also noticed that d OP has this poverty mentality, u are complaining about ur wife cooking rich soups for u

can you imagine?

hope she didnt marry her ancestral enemy, if this is a true story.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by edwardaigb: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dont be too mad, my wife and i did similar thing within the range of 2 to 300k. My 2nd chid used and still using what we bought. The next ll definatly use some as i refused to buy. Take it easy most first child are like that. Thank God the means is there, what is money compare to yr family happiness?.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ronkebp(f): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
If the poster is complaining from not having that money and seeing that the wife is spending too much, he has every right to complain.

- If the poster is just complaining out of being stingy since he was complaining that the wife uses too much meat in the soup, well....that is her cross oooo, she should have known the type of man she married....and i will say it again, the man has the right to question why the woman used 450k to buy only shoes, clothes is not part of it ooo, she might have used another 600k to buy clothes who knows.....

unless she is trying to open up a store. wink wink
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by chucky234(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
450k on baby shoes? That's total madness,when I had my daughter in 2009 I spent about 50k on her shoes and she still wear few of the shoes today. Because of my undying love for shoes I was able to spend that and my family were on my neck for spending 50k on baby shoes,my wife would killed back then if I had to spend 450k like your wife because she complaint about those shoes for three whole months.

Your wife is a spend thrift and should be caution before she ruin your finances and take you back to zero level
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by chucky234(m): 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
lancaster: Guy no too worry. Look at d bright side- GEJ no get shoe he became presido, ur pickin get plenty GOOD shoes- him fit become Presido of USA!!! Jst saying
Chuckles
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
maclatunji:
Yeah! Like Mike Tyson and MC Hammer blew it! By the way those mansions are assets for the smart ones, go and ask Dewain Johnson.

yeah, many rich people are carefull and know how to manage their wealth, while others just blow it on stuff that everyone (included their financial advisors) know they cant afford.

2mch: If as a family they could comfortably afford it, the guy will not be here complaining.

we can clearly understand that what the OP is complaining about has absolutely nothing to do with their financial status, but more about his broke self complaining about his rich wife spending some of her own money in what she deems fit.

I am sure he paid for all her medical expenses so what is left is for her to blow away money that has more use to them in Nigeria than on clothes.

what else can you see in your crystal ball?!

Yes, it is her money. But as a couple it is THEIR money. Such large expenses should be discussed extensively. It is also obvious the woman blew it on frivolous designer things.

let's rephrase that, it is HER money, and she can spend it like she wants to, so long as they are not suffering. the only thing that should be discussed is what they SHARE, the rest is down to each individual.

Designer things have seasons and you are out of fashion when seasons change. So what is she going to do? Go back and spend another N2m? On a new born? When something is ridiculous, it has no other name.

so are you saying that she shouldnt have bought the clothes because they may run out of fashion?! lol, you are making less and less sense.

If they could afford it, he will not be here complaining.

we can clearly understand that SHE can afford it, HE cant. lol!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by 2mch(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

yeah, many rich people are carefull and know how to manage their wealth, while others just blow it on stuff that everyone (included their financial advisors) know they cant afford.

we can clearly understand that what the OP is complaining about has absolutely nothing to do with their financial status, but more about his broke self complaining about his rich wife spending some of her own money in what she deems fit.

what else can you see in your crystal ball?!

let's rephrase that, it is HER money, and she can spend it like she wants to, so long as they are not suffering. the only thing that should be discussed is what they SHARE, the rest is down to each individual.

so are you saying that she shouldnt have bought the clothes because they may run out of fashion?! lol, you are making less and less sense.

we can clearly understand that SHE can afford it, HE cant. lol!

Obviously a young guy looking for attention. lmao. You dont have a point and cant read a whole post whitout responding to each sentence? You dont make any sense either dude. none. You have too much time on your hands. na wa o

ronkebp: If the poster is complaining from not having that money and seeing that the wife is spending too much, he has every right to complain.

- If the poster is just complaining out of being stingy since he was complaining that the wife uses too much meat in the soup, well....that is her cross oooo, she should have known the type of man she married....and i will say it again, the man has the right to question why the woman used 450k to buy only shoes, clothes is not part of it ooo, she might have used another 600k to buy clothes who knows.....

unless she is trying to open up a store. wink wink

My point exactly. Gbam! Common sense is not common. If the guy is complaining, obviously as a couple they cannot afford extravagant things like that. The money can be there, but that doesnt mean such things are a priority or can be afforded. This logic is only for the matured mind
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
2mch:

Obviously a young guy looking for attention. lmao. You dont have a point and cant read a whole post whitout responding to each sentence? You dont make any sense either dude. none. You have too much time on your hands. na wa o

i am sorry I hurt your feelings, bro.......... my apologies, lol!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by 2mch(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=MRbrownJAY][/quote]

Dude, i didnt read your post. I know you have nothing to say so you feel the need to pick on every point. Only people with too much time do that. smiley. I made my point and answered your question fully, if you cant understand, then sorry it is above you. come back when you are older.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Sarauniya(f): 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
@OP. Is it your money?

Since its not yours, why are you complaining? Women often think about the future when shopping. These shoes are not just for the first child. She bought excellent quality shoes so that her future children can also benefit from it. We all used hand me down shoes. Not because we cudnt afford new ones, but because my mum invested in extremely good brands that lasted all thru her 6 kids.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by FindOut(m): 12:02am On Jul 17, 2012
nexeee: thanks everyone..your words of advice are invaluable indeed..

i really hate to sound like a strict parent but i believe one should not train his kids with so much affluence...i took out time to think last night and am already getting scared for my boy....he is the first grandchild of my in-laws and i shudder at the level of love and affection they will shower on my boy...do not get me wrong..i love him alot..i really do..but i believe that depriving him of some luxuries in life will help shape him into a better man...a man that will believe in hardwork and patience...i do not want to raise a mummy's boy..nah..i want to raise a man in every definition of it,

what will a child be doing with a 300dollar shoe? or a hoodie of 80dollars? i just tire..during my days in UBA,contract staff earn btwn35-45k a month...and these guys work their arse off..and still manage to save some money..its only few people that will understand my worry..its not about the money..its about the child...i have seen children from rich homes that could not stand on their own once daddy's money finishes...i remember the lecture tony elumelu gave us during our induction in UBA..he talked about his childhood and how it contributed in shaping him into the man that he is now.

i really want to raise a real man...i will definitely be coming here for tips and advice.thanks once more

CORRECT GUY jor. I like how you've been handling posts here, including outrightly insultive ones. U've exhibited some real level of maturity. Make sure you show same when addressing issues concerning the boy (& other related issues) with your wife & ur inlaws.

& for those saying that the reason the OP is complaining is because he's from a humble(or poor) background while the wife is from an affluent home, it might interest some of you to know that there are some kids of very rich men & women in this country who will NEVER spend money in the manner OP's wife has done. It's all about home training. & yet, there are some ''money miss road'' poor people who stumble on some cash & will be even more extravagant, literally like say ''dem neva see money before''.

I believe OP is quite comfortable & can take care of his wife & kid. There's a reason why he's the MAN of the house, why he's the HUSBAND. I'm not a chauvinist, but i believe both the man & the wife have roles to play & have certain rights & privileges in the home. & part of the husband's is laying down the guidelines on how he wants his home to be run (with his wife's co-operation of course).

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by FindOut(m): 12:08am On Jul 17, 2012
tpia@:

hey, stop whining.

I'm starting to believe you're just cooking up imaginary stories.

when you and your wife decided to plonk down thousands of dollars for her to give birth abroad, you didnt open thread then.

the way you're griping and complaining makes one wonder if you didnt know she was rich before you started chasing her for marriage?

tales by moonlight.

you can like to go through OP's topic history & posts. Its easily accessible. Nairaland has almost ONE MILLION members. So many people have lots of issues they grapple with, & not everyone has a person to confide in, so many come to places like this & share their stories under the protection of anonymity. Yeah, some people come here and lie, but some dont. In this case, as seen from OP's topic history, posts, & general conduct on here, i do not think he's lying.

Considering the remote(in my view) possibility that he is, know that there are many people who have similiar issues like this at home. Rich background (sometimes spoilt) wife, humble background (but now successful) husband facing child raising issues.

& having a child abroad nowadays in my view isnt such a big deal especially if the wife was born there & is a citizen (in the case of US). With the health care system we have in Nigeria, i wuldnt blame anyone who decides to save up for his wife to have their baby at a decent hospital abroad. & remember that OP has made it clear here that his wife has money.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Akpunwa(f): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2012
Find Out couldn't have said it better with the last two posts.
His money or not, he has a say in his son's welfare. Op, the earlier you have financial plan in your house, the better.
Guide your wife in love...
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Jay5000(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2012
You signed up for it bro. Live with it. There's no need to pretend you didn't know what you were getting into when you married a rich man's daughter. My advice; store up some secret savings just incase things get rough financially. If you can, try to tame her. Goodluck!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by fishbaby(f): 9:09am On Jul 17, 2012
bennyraz: Were ni yen ke! When i say some women needs beating, some pple criticise me. Is this not full blown madness Well, my advice. Go and open a shop for her to start selling baby stuffs and if she refuses your gesture.. Abeg beat her( oh oh, she just gave birth. That means u have to wait for about a year before pounding her)
Honestly, u must be an animal. Don't
u knw dt it only an irresponsible man will lay his hand on his wife?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by maclatunji: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2012
Find Out!:

you can like to go through OP's topic history & posts. Its easily accessible. Nairaland has almost ONE MILLION members. So many people have lots of issues they grapple with, & not everyone has a person to confide in, so many come to places like this & share their stories under the protection of anonymity. Yeah, some people come here and lie, but some dont. In this case, as seen from OP's topic history, posts, & general conduct on here, i do not think he's lying.

Considering the remote(in my view) possibility that he is, know that there are many people who have similiar issues like this at home. Rich background (sometimes spoilt) wife, humble background (but now successful) husband facing child raising issues.

& having a child abroad nowadays in my view isnt such a big deal especially if the wife was born there & is a citizen (in the case of US). With the health care system we have in Nigeria, i wuldnt blame anyone who decides to save up for his wife to have their baby at a decent hospital abroad. & remember that OP has made it clear here that his wife has money.

Are you minding tpiah? She's a real piece of work!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by missi1: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2012
my dear sell some out
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by naiko: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
@ poster, i have read alot of advises here,some good,some average and some poor. from my own experiences, i will advise that you dont shout it on her when she returns,take it easy, deal with the issue with the best of technicality,make her see her mistakes in a manner that you are the boss.i have gone through your other post i realised she is from a rich home,i married from a rich home too and my dear frankly and sincerely it is not easy to manage such people except for God's wisdom,strenght and foresight you might crash too many times. they always have the money you wont provide for them,their parents will always give it to them,they are share holders or directors in the father company and hence they earn money monthly even without working.i married a very beautiful young lady who her father happens to be very rich.alot of people smelt challenges from the outside but inside God has been 'handling' her for me.its not easy my brother but it is possible with God and wisdom.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by jpphilips(m): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
nexeee: Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

i picked a total of 6 big suitcases yesterday..on getting home..i decided to open the suitcases and to my chagrin i saw 2 big suitcases filled with just baby footwear...foot wears with price tags ranging from 70dollars to 300dollars..infact the total money she spent on clothes,toys and shoes she bought for the baby is in the range of 1-2m..i was livid with anger..how can someone spend that kind of money on a baby?? shoes that the child will outgrow in a few years time...the first time i wore a 15k shoe was during my NYSC...i am just maad that my wife is not frugal with money..things are not as rosy as it seems..i called her to complain and all she could say was that she is spending the money on her son...it is even heartbreaking that she sees nothing wrong in spending such moni on a baby..

i honestly do not want to bring up my child in such manner...a child needs to know that things are hard..and am just patiently waiting for her to come back..this nonsense just have to stop.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin is good to be rich
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by jpphilips(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
ramaju: You should have known your wife better or may be you know her excesses but chose to ignore. Manage her and don't provide more than necessary and try not to confront her harshly.

not necessarily, people slip once in a while out of excitement and euphoria of having so much, either way it is an avenue for the young man to send a strong message so that she slips carefully next time.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by deshclones(m): 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
@op...o boy..i brought up this topic at work today,showed this stuff to my colleagues.e bi like say wahala dey... grin grin grin......is your wife's name Adaora,daughter of the chisco transport guy?cos my colleague went to law school with the adaora chic..lagos law school precisely..and she attended the wedding last year september at arch bishop vinnin church.and the said adaora gave birth last month to a baby boy in u.s.a.i hope its not your wife sha.abeg confirm for us.

she even show me una picture.wedding and honeymoon plus your baby picture.i just hope its not you..chai...internet bad sha grin grin
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Daresh(f): 12:26am On Jul 18, 2012
OP I'm sure its her first child. I went a little haywire(but not as bad) my first time. Just limit the amount of money she has access to. The kid wont wear them all she'll end up selling some.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by blackcat1: 12:56am On Jul 18, 2012
nexeee:
...a child needs to know that things are hard...

Your son is still a baby. There will be time enough to teach your son life's values. For now just let your wife spoil her first born. Learn to pick wars you can win...believe me you cannot win or come between a loving mother and her baby.

As for the purchases...she will use them when you have other kids. Congrats on becoming a father. Welcome your wife and son at the airport with hugs and smiles.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by isalegan2: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2012
nexeee: Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

i picked a total of 6 big suitcases yesterday..on getting home..i decided to open the suitcases and to my chagrin i saw 2 big suitcases filled with just baby footwear...foot wears with price tags ranging from 70dollars to 300dollars..infact the total money she spent on clothes,toys and shoes she bought for the baby is in the range of 1-2m..i was livid with anger..how can someone spend that kind of money on a baby?? shoes that the child will outgrow in a few years time...the first time i wore a 15k shoe was during my NYSC...i am just maad that my wife is not frugal with money..things are not as rosy as it seems..i called her to complain and all she could say was that she is spending the money on her son...it is even heartbreaking that she sees nothing wrong in spending such moni on a baby..

i honestly do not want to bring up my child in such manner...a child needs to know that things are hard..and am just patiently waiting for her to come back..this nonsense just have to stop.

Calm down! It's your first baby. (Unless you already have secret babies somewhere else sha.) Just enjoy this experience. So, she bought lots of baby shoes, including one for $80. Big whoop! I wouldn't spend so ostentatiously on my child, but you have to be happy and understanding towards your wife or you'll create bitterness. It's only money; you can't take it with you, you know.

deshclones: @op...o boy..i brought up this topic at work today,showed this stuff to my colleagues.e bi like say wahala dey... grin grin grin......is your wife's name - - -,daughter of the - - - guy?cos my colleague went to law school with the - - - chic..lagos law school precisely..and she attended the wedding last year september at - - - - church.and the said - - - gave birth last month to a baby boy in u.s.a.i hope its not your wife sha.abeg confirm for us.

she even show me una picture.wedding and honeymoon plus your baby picture.i just hope its not you..chai...internet bad sha grin grin

Hmm. Amebo. grin

I got the doe baby..wetin you wan buy
dough. tongue
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by marvel10: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Kai, you are such a whinger! If not for busybody, what concerned you with the contents of the suitcases? Where you hoping to find stuff for yourself and are jealous cos the little un has so much? Go and sit down and be ashamed of yourself. Fathers like you make me sick! Shouldn't you have been there to witness his birth and support her? You are typing PMT tosh on NL. Agbaya kobo kobo.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by itstpia8: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2014
Depot:
Nothing spoil yet,just enta market,supply 2 boxes and leave 1 4 ur boi.Its stil biz

I wonder o.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by QueenTade(f): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
Its so obvious that its not your money and that you can't give her such amount of money; with the report you gave here she really spent much, but be sure to find out her plans before you go fighting her.....the stuff could be for sale. I will also like to advise that you respect your marriage, this Issue is between you and ur wife and not the whole world; so settle it maturely Sir.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Haywhymido(m): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015

WOMEN THINK ABOUT SHOPPING AS MUCH AS MEN THINK ABOUT SEX.
if dat is how much women think abt shopping na real wa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A True Live Story(a Young Ladys Case) / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed / Another Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.