Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? (870 Views)

Prof Osibanjo Regarded As APC's Presidential Candidate In A Poster / Apc's Call For Obanikoro's Ban; A Clear Disrespect To Court And The Judiciary / I Declare War On The Partisan And Biased Moderators On NL Politics Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by ifihearam: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2012
It is heart rending for a moderator to jsu ban people simply because one makes a contribution politically,I urge you to explain why such bans are done selectively. I have read annoying and sentimental posts here but nothing of such was done to them. Why me?? A disciple and an advocate of peace,unity and progress.
I have discussed this issue with my legal team and I will take a legal action against my unlawful and unwarranted ban for a couple of hours. Seun don't forget you are a legal entity,so I want you to give me reasons why I was banned or why you ban indiscriminately while you allow the likes of lacasa,gbawe,old wizard,shymmex,to mention but a few to thrive with their constant derailing of threads and sponsoring of tribal wars not to mention their incessant defamation ofcharacter of the office of the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by Super1759: 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
Brother cool down.I wanted to ask same question two weeks sunday.I was banned for an hour.I didn't comment anything.was just going through ma tread that made it to the front page.the next thing I saw was"you have been banned" I was mad. Seun should know that this is a forum and not a chieftancy meeting where the chief can shut anyone up...but anyway bros easy abeg
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by Murphy7h4: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sure thing[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by ifihearam: 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
Which one be sure thing??
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by ubandire(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
ifihearam: It is heart rending for a moderator to jsu ban people simply because one makes a contribution politically,I urge you to explain why such bans are done selectively. I have read annoying and sentimental posts here but nothing of such was done to them. Why me?? A disciple and an advocate of peace,unity and progress.
I have discussed this issue with my legal team and I will take a legal action against my unlawful and unwarranted ban for a couple of hours. Seun don't forget you are a legal entity,so I want you to give me reasons why I was banned or why you ban indiscriminately while you allow the likes of lacasa,gbawe,old wizard,shymmex,to mention but a few to thrive with their constant derailing of threads and sponsoring of tribal wars not to mention their incessant defamation ofcharacter of the office of the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

I don't really understand,same treatment was meted out to me few weeks back,the problem is that if's being done selectively.I also have a post I have complained about and nothing has been done till now,I'll soon reply to it and we'll see what happens,they can't suppress the truth no matter how hard they try.
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by ifihearam: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Suen needs to educate the moderators on when and how to unleash bans,what are the yardstick to ban someone??
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by Jarus(m): 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
No moderator will ban you unless you break a forum rule.

Since Mods are human and hardly everywhere at the same time, you can report the bannable posts you see and teh Mods don't by using the 'report' button.

Thank you.
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by Odunnu: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
ifihearam: It is heart rending for a moderator to jsu ban people simply because one makes a contribution politically,I urge you to explain why such bans are done selectively. I have read annoying and sentimental posts here but nothing of such was done to them. Why me?? A disciple and an advocate of peace,unity and progress.
The part in bold got me ROFLMAO.
And to think you were restricted by a mere bot makes it funnier.

1 Like

Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by Odunnu: 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Murphy7h4: Sure thing[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
ifihearam: Which one be sure thing??
LMAO
grin
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by OAM4J: 1:59am On Jul 17, 2012
If you were banned for only an hour, then it must be the anti spam bot that that mistook your post for a spam. Sorry about that. Our team of programmers will soon perfect the workings of that bot.

In the meantime, when next you think you are wrongly banned by the anti spam bot, use the report to the moderator on any of my post on the complaint thread to report it or click on my profile and send me a mail.
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by floriana(m): 2:20am On Jul 17, 2012
@ifieharam- perhaps you were banned for being one of the dishonourable laptops at Aso Rock OR for having 'haram' as part of ur posting name.
Re: Dear Moderators .....on What Grounds Do You Ban A Poster?? by ifihearam: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2012
@AOM4j. NOTED

@Floriana
Guess u r a buhari stooge
Ur days are numbered

(1) (Reply)

Moves To Stop Jonathan’s Second Term • 17 First Term Govs Oppose Single Tenure / Michelle Obama Adresses Democrat! Can Patience Jonathan? / Seun, No More Hidden Comments Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.