Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Best Anti-virus For Better Protection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Anti-virus For Better Protection (1942 Views)

Best Anti-virus For Your Computer / Best Anti-virus For The Year Kaspersky For : With 2 Year License Key / How To Remove Write Protection From Computer/flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by folahann(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
Get Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic and you will never worry about any Virus in your life.
Or may be you know of any better one, let's know
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by niteduff(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2007
The best have been using so far is NOD32 antivirus, updates almost 10 times in a day and its also an award winning antivirus but i have avast professional edition on standby just in case things got outta hand.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by pein(m): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2007
Bitdefender 2008 kills all,probably on the same level hecl better than norton internet secirity 2008 and best of all it deosnt slow your system down just cus u want to use an ativirus grin
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by niteduff(m): 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
pein:

Bitdefender 2008 kills all,probably on the same level hecl better than norton internet secirity 2008 and best of all it deosnt slow your system down just cus u want to use an ativirus grin
Install and run Bitdefender on a Pentium II computer with 128 MB of and tell me if it would be comfortable for the computer.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by surgecom(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2007
Well I use McAfee AntiVirus for enterprise in my office(8.5i). I dont need internet to update. Once my server does the updates. the systems on the network get there updates from there. If ur office is in need let me know. i can arrange for u.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by inze(m): 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
Men,

I've been using the Norton products and its been cool for me, right now am using the Norton 360 but i heard some say Norton sucks and that Kaspersky Internet security is better off, guyz you know what?

When i installed it, everything went fine, not until i noticed that it takes AGES to complete its scanning, am not exaggerating but it took the whole day to scan 189,214 files on my Intel Celeron M, 1.73 GHz laptop. I even had to pause it cause my battery was low and was about to go out, i continued when i came back and it was still taking ages.

I just don't know if its just me or something, its ok than Norton in the aspect that it boots fasters but how come it identifies Autorun.inf as a virus.??

I n z e
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by Wysiwyg: 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
why aint anyone talking about AVG antivirus,

, wake up everyone.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by niteduff(m): 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
The worst antivirus on the internet that i know about is McAfee and Norton,

Consume too much computer memory, Scan very slow, and norton will have to update all types of definitions which sometimes take hours to complete.

There are some Antivirus Killer virus that will edit your registry putting a line of code on your antivirus "/WAITSERVICE" if you dont have a partion on your HDD you can easily remove it by formatting your computer but if you have multiple partition you will have to install Avast to schedule a boot time scanning for your drives.
so i will always recommend NOD32 as active antivirus and Avast as Backup antivirus.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by folahann(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2007
I don't know of McAfee and Bitdefender may be a little about Norton, Avira AntiVir also protects your computer from spyware for Internet connected Computers especially those who visits sites for free downloads
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by zenus(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2007
Symantec is the best and no other. cos even thought u don't have internet u can get the update from their site
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by niteduff(m): 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2007
zenus:

Symantec is the best and no other. because even thought u don't have internet u can get the update from their site

How is that possible? getting an update without internet connecton.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by uspry1(f): 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2007
Does not matter which one is the best Anti-virus software for you! You need fully TOTAL PC PROTECTION: anti-virus, firewall, phish and spyware all in one package. Anti-virus ALONE will not protect your computer!!!

As long as you ARE REQUIRED to update new virus patch adding to your installed anti-virus software daily basis when it prompts pop-up notifying you to ask your permission to download new virus patch adding to your installed anti-virus software FOR YOUR TOTAL COMPUTER PROTECTION.

RIGHT NOW we have over 850,000 virus attack include trojan horse, malware, spyware, goes on everywhere in the whole wide world anywhere can attack your computer without updating your new virus patch to be protected.

If you never update current new virus patch to be protected, you are very vulerable attacking new virus that has not update on your system, TOO BAD because you reject the new virus patch being update. That is your responsible either manually or automatically.

You cannot blame anti-virus software manufacturers---IT IS YOU to turn down the update downloaded file.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by niteduff(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2007
uspry1:

Does not matter which one is the best Anti-virus software for you! You need fully TOTAL PC PROTECTION: anti-virus, firewall, phish and spyware all in one package. Anti-virus ALONE will not protect your computer!!!

As long as you ARE REQUIRED to update new virus patch adding to your installed anti-virus software daily basis when it prompts pop-up notifying you to ask your permission to download new virus patch adding to your installed anti-virus software FOR YOUR TOTAL COMPUTER PROTECTION.

RIGHT NOW we have over 850,000 virus attack include trojan horse, malware, spyware, goes on everywhere in the whole wide world anywhere can attack your computer without updating your new virus patch to be protected.

If you never update current new virus patch to be protected, you are very vulerable attacking new virus that has not update on your system, TOO BAD because you reject the new virus patch being update. That is your responsible either manually or automatically.

You cannot blame anti-virus software manufacturers---IT IS YOU to turn down the update downloaded file.

What we are trying to put right here is the BEST antivirus of all the anti-viruses and I dont think that should be a problem cuz most of us browse the internet everyday and know whatz going on.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by uspry1(f): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2007
ok mostly PC users who browse internet everyday are PURE LAZY to take care of their own computer when it come to performance cluttered (slow system, slow internet, slow loading application), NOT BECAUSE OF anti-virus software.

They PC users are responsible to manage their own computer system to keep cleaning up their hard disk drive and add more memory card from 128MB to 512MB or 1GB.

That is hardware glitch problem when it comes to clutter.

Would you neglect taking care of your car when there is NO OIL change and NO GAS to fill up to drive on the road? Same prinicple you suppose to take care of your computer system, it will last 5 years shelf lifetime. Use system tools under either disk defragment (require overnight to leave your PC on) or disk clean.

I know it is impossible for Nigeria due to electricity power problem.

About 65% PC users around the world DO NOT KNOW NOTHING about taking care of computer system, complaining things too slow because of lack of update, clean up hard disk drive, upgrade memory card, and tired of application update notification that annoy them.

That when COMPUTER TECHINICANS come in making money helping clueless PC users solving their problems.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by TOH(f): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2007
Getting a MAC (OS-X) system is the best anti virus cheesy
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by uspry1(f): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2007
I have been subscribed McAfee Security Protection for more than 10 years so loyally with new downloadable AVG-Root Kit and AVG-Anti-Spyware that easily scan all 850,000 virus blocked.

I also have been watch most companies and all internet providers in the USA have been switched back and forth every year: McAfee and Norton very COMPETITIVENESS, USER-FRIENDLY-EASY TO USE and RELIABILITY.

To me no difference between McAfee, Norton, and AVG, that is their personal preferences to choose which one is the best for them.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by sect(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2007
AVG is still the best anti-virus i've seen so far,it is hundred times beta than norton and mcafee.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by maxjax(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2007
1. BitDefender
2. Kaspersky
3. Nod32
|
|
6. McAfee Viruscan
7. Norton Antivirus
8. AVG
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by woleprof(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2007
simply avast home/profession
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by sidnazious(m): 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
i use Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic and i ve never been affected by any threat from viruses. avira handles them all

http://www.avira.com/en/download/index.html
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by sampo4eva(m): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
k.fada is the best antivirus ever known:- no edition nonsense
                                                                -destroys the latest trojan files, viruses, and
                                                                 spywares!
                                                                - I have the trial version[contact me for the software-free sampo4eva@yahoo.com

Norton Antivirus- second to one[k.fada search and destroy]

Panda-  the latest virus in town!
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by folahann(m): 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2007
sidnazious:

i use Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic and i ve never been affected by any threat from viruses. avira handles them all

http://www.avira.com/en/download/index.html

Now I have someone on my side who could testify to what I said. This Anti-Virus is super powered
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by zenus(m): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2007
Try symantec and say good bye to virus. If not connected to net, go to symantec.com and download de current update
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by DrTee1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2007
Please I need someone to inform me:I use Avast Free Home edition. But I 'm not satisfied with its services. My PC is slow and I have a fear that I have a virus on my system. Please is it because I haven't upgraded to professional that I have this threat or should I go for another Antivirus?
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by ThePhantom(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2007
Mcafee
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by Ivvie: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2007
McAfee 8.5[i]i[/i]. There is nothing that beats the 8.5i and doesn't hog your resources. Every major corporation use McAfee i. No software engineering in virus/trojan/worm/malware intrusion exceed this.
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by tomiade1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2007
changed to nod32 after kaspersky 7 failed me, and i can say for the past 5months, i've been happy with my pc's performance,

try nod32,
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by MrInfo1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2007
AntiVir PE Classic
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by klassyguy(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2007
Okay guys, does anyone of u know which antspyware i can use to get rid of spyware and malware on my system?
Re: Best Anti-virus For Better Protection by wolexdok: 12:04am On Jan 06, 2008
klassyguy:

Look no further, Anti-Cybercrime (all in one product) is very effective for that and at the same time provide the following functions:

Anti-Virus,
Anti-Spyware
Anti-Adware
Anti-Dialers
Anti-Jokes
Anti-Hoaxes
Anti-Hacking Tools

You can place your order through www.wolexdok.com cheap and affordable.

To everyone in the house:

You can not get effective performance using and downloading free/pirated software products. Most Anti-Virus products would work well if users are up and doing with their subscriptions.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Hp Touchsmart Tm2-2050us Recovery Cd. / How To Translate Filipino Movies To English / Price Slash!!!! Asus Core I5, 6gb Ram, 750 Hdd 90k!!! SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.