Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time (3572 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by billante(m): 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
Anambra will in two weeks time formally join the league of oil-producing states in Nigeria.
This will happen on July 30 when President Goodluck Jonathan will visit the south east state to commission
operations at the new Anambra oil wells and to officially welcome Anambra into the fold of oil-bearing
states.
Transport & Business Express reports that the state government-owned Orient Petroleum Resources Plc
has struck oil from three wells in Anambra North and that it has already despatched oil through River
Anambra and River Niger to Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital in south south Nigeria, for export in
three barge tankers. “The very light crude from these wells will continue to be exported till the Orient
Refinery in Aguleri starts operation in a few months time,” said Uche Ezechukwu, a prominent Anambra
indigene and foremost media practitioner who has a deep knowledge of the operations of Orient Petroleum.
Started under the Chinwoke Mbadinuju administration, Orient Petroleum was incorporated on July 20,
2001 but went comatose following the exit of the Mbadinuju administration in 2003. “It was revitalized by
Governor Peter Obi who injected N4 billion into it as the state government’s stake and has helped to do all
the silent spade work that led to this happy state of affairs,” Ezechukwu said in a Facebook post this
morning.
Orient Petroleum is chaired by former Commonwealth Secretary General, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, and
parades a powerful board on which sits the likes of former Nigerian Vice President, Ide Alex Ekwueme.
Transport & Business Express reports that previous Nigerian governments had disallowed the exploitation
of Anambra’s petroleum resources, declaring them to be on strategic reserve, while denying Anambra the
status and benefits of an oil producing state. The policy has now been reversed by President Jonathan.
Nigeria presently has eight oil-producing states – Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and
Rivers. Cross River was originally on the list but lost that status following last week’s Supreme Court
judgment that ceded all the 76 oil wells previously belonging to the state to Akwa Ibom.
Source(Transport & Business Express)

247ureports.com/anambra-joins-league-of-oil-producing-states-july-30/
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by asha80(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
funny world.out crossriver and in anambra.more revenue for the state.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
July 30th,right. Ayam counting.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
I guess the "Oil producing state" status of Cross River state will be relinquished to Anambra state. This is what FG want to achieve angry
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Yeske2(m): 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hate the idea of exporting raw crude, every drop should be refined by Orient at least adding value to the crude oil and more money for the state government. The refinery should be completed very fast but I will want to know if the federal government receives royalties if the oil is only refined.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by oneeast: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
Wow. Anambra is da new destination in 9ja. Am packing my bags now as I write this piece, PH good goodbye for good.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by talk2cj08(m): 7:47pm On Jul 17, 2012
cheesy :DAm so happy for my dear state. So many things are happening in Anambra state now, from Seaport to oil producing state wow.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by asha80(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
by the way in the article it is written that some barges of crude were moved through river niger to portharcourt.have barges started moving through the dredged lower niger?
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Ejine(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2012
I guess Cross River is officially yesterday's news.
Na waa oh. Life is an enigma.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by AustineE1: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
APGA and PDP,developing a harmonous relationship,the conspiracy btw the previous Northern and west(yoruba)regimes to deprive Anambra and igbos in general from benefiting from their God given resources has failed!come 2015 we as igbos knows where our votes will go to!GEJ keep on with the liberation,kudos to you & peter obi!
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
If GEJ contest 2015 Ndigbo will vote massively, if not we will line up behind Peter Obi for presidency 2015. GEJ has awarded Onitsha-Awka expressway reconstruction, completed River Niger dredging and Onitsha Port, exploration of Anambra basin and making Anambra oil producing state. What more do we want ? cool grin cool
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Obiagu1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
Anambra is now a Niger Delta state. Niger Delta kwenu! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by tpia5: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
maps plz.

hard keeping up with nigerian topography.

is anambra replacing cross river as per oil?

now, i know CR is beside cameroon while anambra is to the east of river niger.

but maps are still needed to get the general picture.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Obiagu1(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yeske!:
Hate the idea of exporting raw crude, every drop should be refined by Orient at least adding value to the crude oil and more money for the state government. The refinery should be completed very fast but I will want to know if the federal government receives royalties if the oil is only refined.

The plan was to use the revenue from crude oil export to complete the refinery.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by kasiem(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
if this was about erosion or any disaster, it would've reached frontpage by now.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Dainfamous: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
anambra kwenu cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Yeske2(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
Obiagu1:

The plan was to use the revenue from crude oil export to complete the refinery.
Ok but does it still mean the FG will still have royalties from the oil if it's only refined?
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by kettykin: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
previous Nigerian governments had disallowed the exploitation
of Anambra’s petroleum resources, declaring them to be on strategic reserve, while denying Anambra the
status and benefits of an oil producing state. The policy has now been reversed by President Jonathan.

Ever wondered why alot of folks dont want GEJ to continue, by the time GEJ leaves office alot of reversals would have been done and some states that were last would be first and some first states will be last. Anambra should by all means avoid the mistakes of Nigerdelta and toe the line of Ghana
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by manny4life(m): 2:43am On Jul 18, 2012
While I see this as a great move and sound economic idea, my fear lies within the thought that the present Niger Delta situation will be small compared to what's will befall Anambra if caution isn't applied.

Yeske!:
Ok but does it still mean the FG will still have royalties from the oil if it's only refined?

Probably. Govt will likely receive royalties on the raw material itself, then tax the finished goods processed by the refinery.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Eminentsam(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2012
Na naija delta dey hungry you ? Mind u dat name is basicaly for south south region.so wake up.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Eminentsam(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2012
@obiagu wake up ! E no go last.its jst dat ive nt seen a state as weak as cross river. Na wa o.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Eminentsam(m): 9:24am On Jul 18, 2012
@obiagu wake up ! E no go last.its jst dat ive nt seen a state as weak as cross river.any president jst come n toil with dem. Na wa o.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Afam4eva(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2012
This is great news. I feel pity for CR state.

I just hope our Anambra brothers don't start denying being Igbo and start telling us that their ancestors came from Cotonou.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2012
Yeske!:

THE FG owns the oil... WTF is royalties?! I can bet its a JV operation so the FG owns over 50% of every drop of oil mined..
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by asha80(m): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: This is great news. I feel pity for CR state.

I just hope our Anambra brothers don't start denying being Igbo and start telling us that their ancestors came from Cotonou.
lol
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: This is great news. I feel pity for CR state.

Why would they do that? grin grin
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Afam4eva(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2012
jbaur24: [/b]

Why would they do that? grin grin
It's like you don't know the power of oil. Oil can make someone deny his father.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva:
It's like you don't know the power of oil. Oil can make someone deny his father.

lol

Def, not Anambrans that I know, hard-working and foresighted people. They are already making and chopping money before the oil comes on stream.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2012
jbaur24:

lol

Def, not Anambrans that I know, hard-working and foresighted people. They are already making and chopping money before the oil comes on stream.
You're right though. I actually think Anambrarians are the last people that will deny their Igboness.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2012
^

Thank God you, you know my brother.

Me think that the Orient Petroleum is recruiting now, anybody with the information.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by asha80(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2012
asha 80: by the way in the article it is written that some barges of crude were moved through river niger to portharcourt.have barges started moving through the dredged lower niger?
can some pls answer my earlier question?
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by kettykin: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2012

You're right though. I actually think Anambrarians are the last people that will deny their Igboness.

This should serve as a big lesson to ikwerre nd other rivers igbo indigenes who because of barrell of oil denied and sold their brith right , i hope all igbos will be matured enough to receive them as prodigal sons and daughters.

The sun is gradually setting for those who plundederd, exploted,betaryed and raped the East for the sake of oil that is not even theirs and rising for the East.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Americans Give Up U.S. Passports After New Tax Rules Start / What Igbos Should Do To Appease Buhari / TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.