Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report (5219 Views)

APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto / Presidency, Experts Fault Presidential Committee Report On Chibok Abduction / Alfa Belgore’s Committee Wants Patience Jonathan's Office Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 18, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathanon Tuesday set up another committee to study the report of the Justice Alfa Belgore-led Presidential Committee on the Review of the Constitution.
The committee, which is headed by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Bello Adoke (SAN), has threeweeks to submit its report.
A statement by the Secretaryto the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim, said the setting up of the committee was sequel to the submission of the report of the Presidential committee on the review of outstandingissues from recent constitutional conferences in Nigeria.
The committee will, among others, “identify the areas/issues on which the review committee affirmed consensus earlier reached inprevious conferences and for which the review committee prepared draft bills for consideration and legislation, identify the areas/issues on which past constitutional conferences had arrived at a consensus but which the review committee felt the consensuswas no longer current or relevant and therefore did not prepare any draft bills.”
The committee will also “identify areas/issues on which the previous conferences and the review committee did not reach a consensus; study each of the draft bills submitted by the review committee and make recommendations for the government to either accept, modify or reject themin part or whole as the case may be.”
The Belgore-led committee, which submitted its report onJuly 10, had recommended “(a) Reduction of powers at the centre and devolution of same to the states federating units; (b) Allow the centre to retain necessary powers to enable it exercise its sovereignty, (c) Enable the centre to act for the federating units in areas of common and mutually beneficial interest and services,” amongst others.
Meanwhile, the Federal Government has dissolved the Board of the National Commission for Refugees chaired by Prof. Abayomi Durosinmi-Etti.
A statement by the SGF said the dissolution followed “the recent developments that have hampered smooth operations at the NCR.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-sets-up-committee-on-belgore-committee-report/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by manny4life(m): 2:34am On Jul 18, 2012
Now, I'm bamboozled by these committees, embarassed embarassed embarassed isn't the Belgore Committee a "committee"? Why would Mr. President setup another committee to review the result of another committee that was setup to review other committees including the Constitutional committee?. Damn, how many times have I written committee?

Anyway... OK lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by inteli: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2012
Here we go again!
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by brightmon: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2012
this guy is confuse:
Committee to Review committee report.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Joey82(m): 9:49am On Jul 18, 2012
if only number of commitees equals number of actions, we wont be where we are today.
someday we will also need to look at the cost of funding a commitee to carry out its job.
especially when these costs are not factored out in the budget.
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by megxo(m): 9:49am On Jul 18, 2012
GEJ, ALL DIS UR COMMITTEES NA WASHHHH angry
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Demdem(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2012
Committee over another committee.
buy why is the Retardeen this useless? angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by idirect(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2012
I guess Boko Haram didn't disorganized retardeen plan to set-up committees grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2012
Yet another committee,at d end of the day,they wil hav nothin to show for it.this committee thing has become a lucrative job for many politicians.
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by idirect(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2012
Demdem: Committee over another committee.
buy why is the Retardeen this useless? angry angry
Another committee will look into why grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by ukpaku: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2012
commitee to review the commitee and another commitee to pass the reviewed commitee to the national assembly another commitee to implement it,another committee to make sure it implenented,another commitee to ...., another commitee to ....
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by MurphyT1: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2012
I perceive he is trying to be very careful in signing any policy to law, cos we will be the ones to still nail him, so for final conclusion and implementation, let other intellects look into it...well letz wait and see the action...I don't think he is confuse, I think he is just being very careful

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2012
AND SOME PEOPLE WILL STILL SAY THE RETARDEEN SHOULDN'T BE CALLED A RETARDEEN, I REGRET VOTING THAT FISHERMAN
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by ayox2003: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2012
Is it only reports that now attract committees? From subsidy report committee committee to Belgore Committee report review committee?

I smell a rat.

Frawzey.
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by lacasa: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2012
crusifis: AND SOME PEOPLE WILL STILL SAY THE RETARDEEN SHOULDN'T BE CALLED A RETARDEEN, I REGRET VOTING THAT FISHERMAN

​ so​ na una type give us d eediat grin

No fall hand again come 2015 abeg
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2012
Joey82: if only number of commitees equals number of actions, we wont be where we are today.
someday we will also need to look at the cost of funding a commitee to carry out its job.
especially when these costs are not factored out in the budget.

They will also set up a committee to look at the report of that committee looking at the cost of funding a committee.
*Someday, committee would be set up to know why double m (mm), double t(tt) and double e(ee) are included in the spelling of committee and another committee would be set up to review the report of the committee*

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by stepo707: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2012
And then another committee will be setup to look into the one that Mr. Bello Adoke (SAN) committee will submit. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by no1madman(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2012
Jonathan na bushman. . abi b.cos he dey use handy!
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by lacasa: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2012
Committee= Committee working funds

Committee*3= committee working funds *3.

Afterall, his cronies gotta get our money for dia unwavering loyalty ϯo the Retard thru one committee or anoda naaa wink
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by alaoeri: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2012
Really showcasing how clueless and incompetent he is, imagine setting up a committee to review another committee just giving reuben abatti and 40men computer squad hard nut to crack.
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2012
Nairaland has so many mad people!
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by ypzilanti: 10:23am On Jul 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Nairaland has so many mad people!

Pls justify. Commitee to review commitee report?
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by DualCore1: 10:31am On Jul 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Nairaland has so many mad people!
A committee will look into your assertion shortly.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by 1025: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2012
i am not surprised. when a man is a phd holder in zoology, it means his whole life has been with animals and all of a sudden, u ask him to be a leader over human beings. the man from the zoo is just delaying for his time to be up. i know at the end of this write up now, a committee will be set up to review what i just wrote here another committee reviewing committee will be inaugurated to look at the committees findings over the other committee commitments and with the findings of such committee a new action packed committee will now set up a confusion resolving committee that will commission the committee comments and findings.
animal wear agbada, animal wear coat, animal wear cap, animal eat cassava bread. that reminds me, when is the cassava committee on cassava bread going to meet with the committee on human resources committee.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by sagaloo: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2012
Mindless waste of scarce resources......this GEJ has no idea at all, so clueless, what happened to the reports of all previous committees. This govt is the worst ever !
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by miteolu(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2012
GEJ always playing backward
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by yemmight(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if the guy takes decision alone or he gets from advisers.
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by ifihearam: 11:03am On Jul 18, 2012
Murphy T: I perceive he is trying to be very careful in signing any policy to law, cos we will be the ones to still nail him, so for final conclusion and implementation, let other intellects look into it...well letz wait and see the action...I don't think he is confuse, I think he is just being very careful

We still have reasonable pple here
I am humbled and u hv my respect
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by EyesWideOpen(m): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2012
Don't know what to say about this. At face value it appears as though he's being thorough before acting on those findings.
But when one thinks about it, what is a self-acclaimed failed president being thorough about? Is it that now all of a sudden his government has regained its posture after its disorganization by Boko Haram?
For all the obvious reasons, this is just yet another GEJ attempt at a presidential act. Which he has unsurprisingly been failing at, simply because he is a RETARD and doesn't seem to know it!
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by gulfer: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2012
Murphy T::

I perceive he is trying to be very careful in signing any policy to law, cos we will be the ones to still nail him, so for final conclusion and implementation, let other intellects look into it...well letz wait and see the action...I don't think he is confuse, I think he is just being very careful
And another committe will be set up to look into the report of the committee that was set up to review the report of the Balgore committee? Wonders shall never cease in these 4 years with GEJ!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by greall1: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2012
Seun please stop posting Gej committe here again abeg you
Because I can't count how many committe dis man have set dis year
Very soon he will set committe on boko haram & fulani in jos. I think he have set on BH.
Commoitte president till 2015. He just weasted nigeria money on committe
Re: Jonathan Sets Up Committee On Belgore Committee Report by Oluwadare: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2012
As yoruba people would say in a situation or any circumstances that is beyond sorrowfull, then U just have to LAUGH it OUT LOUD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Fraudster Is Now ACN Law Maker In Ogun State Nigeria / SEE GOOGLE RESULT OF BUHARI AND JONATHAN <photo> / UAE Introduces Strict Visa Age Restriction For Nigerians Travelling To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.