Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. (867 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by Korrection(m): 7:29am On Jul 18, 2012
Those officers I caught are very bad examples for the military’

BY OLASUNKANMI AKONI & MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

LAGOS – Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, arrested two military officers who drove on the dedicated Bus Rapid Transit, BRT, lane.

The two military officers, who were accosted on the BRT lane at the Outer Marina in Central Lagos, were Colonel K. I. Yusuf, who drove in an Army Green Peugeot 406 with registration Number BO1 – 150 NA and Staff Sergeant Adeomi A.J, who drove in a black Toyota Camry car.

CAUGHT IN THE ACT…Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN, (right) asking Colonel K. I. Yusuf why he drove on the BRT lane illegally, when he was apprehended being driven in an Army Green Peugeot 406 with number-plate BO1-150 NA at Outer Marina in Central Lagos, Tuesday 17th July

Realising that the game was up, Col. Yusuf came down from his car, saluted several times and kept muttering: “I am sorry, very, very sorry” with the governor enquiring why, a senior military officer, Yusuf, chose to break the law instead of preserving it.

Speaking after the incident, Fashola described as very unfortunate the fact that those who ought to stand behind in defence of democratic values were the ones violating them.

Fashola, who noted that the highest level of the military command had expressed their commitment to supporting democracy and to subjecting themselves and their officers to the laws of the country, declared: “Those officers that I caught today are very bad examples for the military.”
The governor said he had already made a representation to the superiors of the culprits, expressing optimism that they would be sanctioned appropriately.

He, however, added, “But it signifies my commitment and the commitment of the Lagos State Government that all those who will not comply with our laws should leave our state. We will not back down”.

“There is a zero-tolerance for lawlessness. There is zero-tolerance for breach of our regulations and we are going to do more of this. We are going to take control of our traffic. We cannot build our way out of traffic congestion; our responsibility is to manage traffic and manage congestion.”

Insisting that people must behave themselves, Fashola declared, “I don’t use BRT lane, I sit in traffic and I expect everyone who wants to drive his car to do same. The alternative is to use the bus.

“The bus is for those who cannot afford to buy cars. They have the right also to use the road and we cannot encroach on that lane which we have reserved for them. This is democratisation of the road and I will defend it.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/fashola-arrests-col-sergeant-on-brt-lane/

The man mean am oh!!! good one Fashola

Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by Clerverly: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2012
The Governor should have ordered him to do"frog jump". grin
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by faithin9ja: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2012
And somebody will say we need a military coup. Carry go Fashola
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 18, 2012
Needless saluting cos your job is on the line.
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by Korrection(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2012
Fashola looks very angry
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by JomoGbomo2(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2012
Whats the Penalty for using BRT lanes Again sef?

I wont try it anymore!!!
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by excondido(m): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2012
He should be penalize like any other offender. though i know he is going scot-free cos he is on uniform.
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by godsony: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2012
The BRT penalty should be 24 lashes of koboko at the army officer buttock
in public
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by member10: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2012
I think I know who I am going to vote for in 2015.
See the man, just a colonel and he got pot belly, why our military men no smart and day combatant like military men of thoes days??
Re: Fashola ‘arrests' Col, Sergeant On BRT Lane..pic.. by mukina2: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2012

(1)

Moves To Stop Jonathan’s Second Term • 17 First Term Govs Oppose Single Tenure / When Will Boko Haram Attack The South West And South South / FG To Probe Into Asari-dokubo's Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.