Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff (7971 Views)

Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave / See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by OAM4J: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
Dr Okonjo –Iweala who was received by the Acting D.G. on arrival was at the commission to appeal to the staff to accept the decision of the Federal Government to recall the SEC D.G., Ms. Arunma Oteh, back from her leave.

The workers, through their union, the Amalgamated Union of Corporate Organizations, on Wednesday demonstrated for over an hour outside the SEC premises in Abuja, against the reinstatement of Ms. Oteh.

According to them, they are not against the government’s decision to reinstate the D.G., but insisted that they would welcome Ms. Oteh back only after the House Committee clears her of the allegations against her.

The House of Representatives had on Thursday called for the immediate sack of the Ms. Oteh, insisting that her appointment was illegal.

However, the Finance Minister stressed that the Federal Government will not go back on its decision over the matter and pleaded with the staff to let peace reign.

The Board of the SEC had in June directed Ms. Oteh to proceed on compulsory leave, to enable the board probe allegations of financial misappropriation and disharmony in the apex capital market regulator.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/21/okonjo-iweala-meets-with-sec-staff-over-otehs-resumption/
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by wehla(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Why should Okonjo Iweala intervene in her behalf?

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Chiefpriest(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
Because nigerians should learn to appreciate intellegent and competent proffesionals at the helms of affair.
wehla: Why should Okonjo Iweala intervene in her behalf?

3 Likes

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Afam4eva(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
That woman go sack people like mad when she eventually resumes duty. God punish satan.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Its a woman's world afterall! And Ngozi okonjo... Now a peace maker? I smell a dead cockroach!

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by tonyx4x44(m): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva: That woman go sack people like mad when she eventually resumes duty. God punish satan.
lol. Her mata never finish? SMH
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Dpeacemaker101: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva: That woman go sack people like mad when she eventually resumes duty. God punish satan.
LOL, I swear God don punish Satan.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Ninapha(f): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
NOI. Did i hear u well. The FG 'will not go back on her decision'? So whether she is cleared or not is irrelevant. Hmm words are mightier than actions oo. It wd hv been more diplomatic to give d reason for reinstating her. NOI, dont let them destroy what u hv built. As much as i support this govt, not to d detriment of our collective growth.

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Abyjah: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hmmm... So proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2012

Na im be say you no sabi how government work dey be. She has no power to sack even a lawfully employed cleaner at SEC. That's perhaps the best thing about government work. . .you're virtually unsackable. . .unless say your crime no be small matter, and even at that, sacking you would involve a long process. At worst Oteh go redeploy or post staff wey she no like go 'desert' (a Civil Service term for 'unprofitable' postings).

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
Why are the staff question the return of their Boss. I guess their Boss is a disciplinarian, Workers hate those who tell them to work hard. They prefer "Owambe Ogas"

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by andresia(m): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
@Iweala, really? with the animosity towards her by the staff, do you think there will be a harmonious working relation at SEC? must Oteh work at SEC? do you think the Capital market is all about Oteh and not the public? FG is not going back on this decision? Is governance about pride and not doing the right thing? I wonder if this is the mindset madam was about going to the world bank with. BTW who said Iweala is an intelligent woman undecided methink she is just a fortunate woman coming from a privileged background, shikena!

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
berem: [b]Its a woman's world [/b]afterall! And Ngozi okonjo... Now a peace maker? I smell a dead cockroach!

^^^I think you'll find James Brown (of [b]sex machine [/b]fame) may have something to say about that!!!
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by lookmangiw(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
As far as the present regime is concern,arrogance and unguided statement is the order of the day. Imagine NOI's statement that the government will never reverse it actions no matter what. Sounds like another 'i dont give a damn' but this time around coming from madam puff-puff cheeks.

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
andresia: @Iweala, really? with the animosity towards her by the staff, do you think there will be a harmonious working relation at SEC? must Oteh work at SEC? do you think the Capital market is all about Oteh and not the public? FG is not going back on this decision? Is governance about pride and not doing the right thing? I wonder if this is the mindset madam was about going to the world bank with. BTW who said Iweala is an intelligent woman undecided methink she is just a fortunate woman coming from a privileged background, shikena!
What gibberish are you spewing here for public consumption? What do you mean by: Must she work there? I guess if it's your mother that had that position, you would have uttered such cancerous utterance.

Did the public vote her into the position or was she selected?? So, what business is it with the public on who occcupies that position. I guess in your mind the public are those working there abi?
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
andresia: @Iweala, really? with the animosity towards her by the staff, do you think there will be a harmonious working relation at SEC? must Oteh work at SEC? do you think the Capital market is all about Oteh and not the public? FG is not going back on this decision? Is governance about pride and not doing the right thing? I wonder if this is the mindset madam was about going to the world bank with. BTW who said Iweala is an intelligent woman undecided methink she is just a fortunate woman coming from a privileged background, shikena!
Fortunate to have been the best choice for the World Bank job? Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust

2 Likes

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by foyeks2001(f): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Billyonaire: Fortunate to have been the best choice for the World Bank job? Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust

kindly visit Ekiti State pls
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by foyeks2001(f): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Billyonaire: Fortunate to have been the best choice for the World Bank job? Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust

kindly visit Ekiti State...Enough Professors
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by ebamma(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
me thinks the protesting workers were just a rented crowd,when oteh begins work the will be the first to pay her a courtesy visit
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Afam4eva(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
foyeks2001:

Have you visited and have you see? or are you basing this on what you hear?
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by 401kk: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
foyeks2001:

Backyard profs abi?

2 Likes

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by dedeike: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
What is their interest in her sack? Imagine public servants asking for implementation of an external probe that didn't even indict their boss for corruption. When civil servants begin to cry foul over the appointment of someone into a managerial position. Check it properly, reforms are underway.

In Nigeria, we are used to this business as usual processes to the extent that we begrudge anyone who seeks to restore prudence. I'm 100% sure that these protests couldnt have happened if the woman plays ball with them. She must be hitting them hard with discipline and stringent fiscal policies.

5 Likes

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Azidogen2: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
berem: Its a woman's world afterall! And Ngozi okonjo... Now a peace maker? I smell a dead cockroach!
which insecticide you take kill the cockroach, shey na baygon, raid or mortein. gringringringrin
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by mrperfect(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Well, she meant well.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Captainajama: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
This will show you how corrupt public servants can get,the bulk of corrupt practices in this was either engineered or manipulated by them. Their activities at SEC was exposed after all heir lies against Oteh,now they are shouting in vain,but I know for sure that the are been gingered by those of them who know that their time is up,others should be wiser and flee from temptation because "heaven knows no fury like a woman scorned".
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Mandelaguy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
Public servants? Haa! 70% of Naija's problem come from their corruption,manipulations and free spending civil service attitude. If not,all those stolen monies wouldn't have gone without their assistance and contributions. Anyway,those of them that tried to rub Oteh's face in the mud had better watch out(don't come on his forum and call her vindictive o!) no bod will surround himself with enemies,and some of hem have rightly declared themselves so,and why should they even protest her recall?
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by foyeks2001(f): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Have you visited and have you see? or are you basing this on what you hear?

yes myboy...u too can...just a visit

401kk:

Backyard profs abi?

Billyonaire: Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust

question answered with d bolded
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by dedeike: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
lookmangiw: As far as the present regime is concern,arrogance and unguided statement is the order of the day. Imagine NOI's statement that the government will never reverse it actions no matter what. Sounds like another 'i dont give a damn' but this time around coming from madam puff-puff cheeks.
Come on shut up! If you don't have anything to say, keep quiet. What do you mean by arrogance? Have you ever seen a situation where employees decide their employers? This is not a union or association. This is a govt agency. The bulk stops at Jonathan's desk. If SEC performs well today, we will praise Jonathan. If he fails, we will hold Jonathan liable. If SEC does not function well, you will rush to this forum to lambast GEJ. you won't remember to hold these workers accountable.

There is no where in the world where the staff of a govt agency will decide who leads them . It's not done. It's akin to NNPC staff protesting the recent shakeups and replacement of DG. Its like TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR players protesting the appointment of AVB as their manager by the management of the club. It's absurd.

The Fg is even liberal with their approach. If I am the president, I will direct the Head of service to query any protesting worker for possible sack. I can't tolerate a situation where a group of idiots will hold me to ransome.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by bakila: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva:
What gibberish are you spewing here for public consumption? What do you mean by: Must she work there? I guess if it's your mother that had that position, you would have uttered such cancerous utterance.

Did the public vote her into the position or was she selected?? So, what business is it with the public on who occcupies that position. I guess in your mind the public are those working there abi?

Now you call someone's Mum. Its funny how the woman will work effectively with her management with what happaned at the NASS and then this. Public does not mean elected. It connotes everything that belongs to the State, SEC is one. Anyway you comment has all the odour of ethnic affiliation.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
bakila:

Now you call someone's Mum. Its funny how the woman will work effectively with her management with what happaned at the NASS and then this. Public does not mean elected. It connotes everything that belongs to the State, SEC is one. Anyway you comment has all the odour of ethnic affiliation.
My comment has the odour of ethnic affiliation because the woman i'm standing up for is Igbo? So, i should not speak the truth again so that i wont be accused of bigotry by someone who has an ethnically biased nose?? SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex VP Atiku Insulted By President Buhari's Personal Assistant On Social Media / With This Picture, Anyone Still Supporting Tinubu Is Heartless / Gov. Sanwo-Olu Approves Release Of 56 Inmates From Various Correctional Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.