Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons (1044 Views)

Exclusive: Bakare Rejects Buhari’s Apppointment Offer As Chief Of Staff / Tunde Bakare Rejects Gift Of Rolls Royce, Calls On Other Pastors To Do Likewise / Pastor Bakare Rejects Rolls Royce Gift.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by youngies(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Tunde Bakare, the pastor of Later Rain Assembly and vice presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in the last general election has said he will not tone down his church sermons critical of the administration.

Mr Bakare was called in by the State Security Service in Shangisha, Lagos, on Monday following a sermon he delivered in his church Sunday on how to peacefully change governments.

Speaking to an online news agency PREMIUM TIMES Monday night, the activist pastor said at the SSS office, the director requested him to moderate his sermon given the huge following he enjoys nationwide.

In response, Mr Bakare, who went to the Shangisha office of the secret police Monday afternoon, flanked by his lawyer and Yinka Odumakin, a close comrade, handed the director a signed copy of his Sunday sermon, and requested him to peruse it carefully.

"I then asked him whether there was anything in the sermon that was false or misleading," the pastor said via telephone from Lagos. "I then informed him that I won't tone down my sermons."

Mr. Bakare also said he handed an invitation to the SSS directors to attend his church where more critical messages would be delievered this and next week.

"It is a three-part message I'm giving, and they are free to attend," he said.

The pastor said he had a cordial deliberation with the security agents, as all those who engaged him were civil.

"In fact, I spoke far more than they did," Mr. Bakare, a fiery critic of the Goodluck Jonathan administration, said.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2064-pastor-tunde-bakare-rejects-sss-call-to-moderate-sermons
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Biggyd2: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2012
The more they arrest him, the more his supporters increase. People are tired of the promises of the government in power. And here is someone in the opposition that says what majority of the masses feel and SSS think they will win this battle? I beg, SSS is supposed to be an "intelligent organisation"! Abi, has he said anything more than some well-known figures in this country? How many of them have been arrested?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Willy7(m): 9:00am On Jul 24, 2012
Truth turns into dogma as soon as it is disputed.Personally i dont see anything inciting or derogatory in Pastor Bakare's said sermon,instead it paints a clearer picture of the state of the nation and govenance.Anyone having a headache because of it should have their heads examined.Afterall Revolution is the right of the slave and the only thing neccesary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.Pastor Bakare may not be a saint,but he knows his right as a citizen,and exercises it and thats what is expected from any citizen because no man can terrorise a whole nation unless we are all accomplices.So i suggest that the government should pay greater attension to the content of the message and not villifying the messenger.Thats my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by floriana(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2012
Retardeen should have attended the two remaining sessions too. But hell no! He may be on his way to Brazil or Bahamas by then.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Jul 24, 2012
youngies:

Mr. Bakare also said he handed an invitation to the SSS directors to attend his church where more critical messages would be delievered this and next week.

"It is a three-part message I'm giving, and they are free to attend," he said.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2064-pastor-tunde-bakare-rejects-sss-call-to-moderate-sermons

I love the above bolded part. how i wish the Retardeen can be there physically also. He needs to leave his sycophantic environment for once.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Biggyd2: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2012
Thinking seriously of attending the service myself. Need to get the undiluted and unedited message.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Super1759: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2012
Who even made this man a pastor? A pastor is a shephard,a peace maker,not malicious and easy going.this man is a trouble engineer
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Pukkah: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
The more they arrest or invite him, the more they make even more well-known and newsworthy.

In a democratic government, people have the right to criticize and lampoon the government. The freedom of speech is enshrined in the constitution and you are good once you do not step your bounds to commit slander or libel. Simple. Just don't say what you're not sure of or incite people to violence. Even if you do any of these but it's hard to prove (e.g. incitement), they might just leave you.

This is the major difference between an elected government and a military government.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by Sunofgod(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
. . I'm sure the SSS will be attending his services from now onwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is arrested on his podium next Sunday.

What makes this 'CPC' arse.hole think he can insult 'Goodfuck Jonathan' with impunity?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by kokabiel(f): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
The only fly in the ointment is the backing of the people angry outside gritty support from onliners, the offliners are much resigned to sitting on any broken/mended fence they can find -waving a dirty Nigerian flag
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by egift(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
See disgrace grin grin grin grin Presido should learn how to pick his fights. The first Rule of Engagement is to know which fight to pick and the ones to avoid.

Tunde Bakere? No be that pastor that rescue Jona from the kitchen, some two years ago grin grin grin

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Rejects SSS' Call To Moderate Sermons by inspirenet: 6:54am On Jul 25, 2012
Demdem:

I love the above bolded part. how i wish the Retardeen can be there physically also. He needs to leave his sycophantic environment for once.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Is Our President Doing??? / No Elaborate Independence Celebration Till 2014 – Jonathan / Celebrating Our Heritage In Style(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.