Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America (1249 Views)

8 Countries That Are Better Than America... / Nigeria Has More Legitimacy Than America, Here's Why: / Is Nigeria Not A More Free Country Than America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Orikinla(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2007
Kenya needs Barack Obama more than America.

Obama should honour the will of his late father by returning to his fatherland and become the President of Kenya.

I do not even know why Africans would do anything to deny serving their fatherland to play to the gallery of America.

Yes, Oprah Winfrey is bona fide Afrcan American since Kunta Kinte, but this Barack Obama guy is only an African American by default.
His father was Kenyan, born and bred and died in Kenya and by our African tradition, the first son must live and carry the heirloom of the Kenyan Father in Kenya and not claiming another fatherland, because he looks down on his own fatherland in Africa.
Obama should come back home.
All African immigrants should be sent back to Africa to join proud Africans like Orikinla to develop Africa.

Barack Husseiin Obama, come back home to Kenya.
We need you more than America.
Come back and become the chief of your father's village and marry more wives.

The only African Americans I recognize are the descendants of Alex Haley's Kunta Kinte.
Any African American whose greatgrand-parents did not pick cotton or work in the sugar cane plantations, should never be called an African American.

The Green Card is becoming FFA (free for all) these days that even Osama bin Laden can become an American tomorrow?

Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by mazaje(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2007
Orikinla:

Obama should honour the will of his late father by returning to his fatherland and become the President of Kenya.

I do not even know why Africans would do anything to deny serving their fatherland to play to the gallery of America.

Yes, Oprah Winfrey is bona fide Afrcan American since Kunta Kinte, but this Barack Obama guy is only an African American by default.
His father was Kenyan, born and bred and died in Kenya and by our African tradition, the first son must live and carry the heirloom of the Kenyan Father in Kenya and not claiming another fatherland, because he looks down on his own fatherland in Africa.
All African immigrants should be sent back to Africa to join proud Africans like Orikinla to develop Africa.

The only African Americans I recognize are the descendants of Alex Haley's Kunta Kinte.
Any African American whose greatgrand-parents did not pick cotton or work in the sugar cane plantations, should never be called an African American.

The Green Card is becoming FFA (free for all) these days that even Osama bin Laden can become an American tomorrow?

Just hear yourself, why spin issues you have little or no knowledge about? how is barack obama an african?His mother was a white woman from Kansas while his father left them when he was just 2 years old, he grew up with his mum and his maternal grandparents who were all white americans so how does that make him and african?He only saw his dad once when he was about 10years old he is just as american as hillary,bush,Algore or any other person out there.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by romeo(m): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2007
@Mazaje

well said
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Orikinla(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2007
Whatever you say, Barack Hussein Obama would be more beneficial to his fatherland than his motherland.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by romeo(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2007
Barrack Obama will fail woefully if he ventures into African politics.

He may have ancestral ties with Kenya but he's not a Kenyan but an American.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by almondjoy(f): 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2007
Orikinla:

Whatever you say, Barack Hussein Obama would be more beneficial to his fatherland than his motherland.

Yeah right!  Because he is some kind of DIKEMBE MOTOMBO!!!  Was he raised in Kenya for the most part of his life?  The fact that he is of Kenyan descent does not make him a Kenyan ok?  He is an American--PERIOD!!!!

Please you serve your fatherland first before you ask others to!  The man is free to live and operate anywhere he feels comfortable with.  You take control of your own life Nigerian life FIRST!!!!.

Just goes to show your level of exposure. Apologies.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by folem: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2007
Orikinla:

The title of African American is a misnomer, something like European American. The Black Americans that cannot trace their generations back to Africa in 3 generations are only Americans. What do yo call an Afrikaner who emigrates to U.S and acquires citizenship?

You are what you think you are, so if Barack Obama does not feel Kenyan but American, then why do you want him to become Kenyan?
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2007
mazaje:

Just hear yourself, why spin issues you have little or no knowledge about? how is barack obama an african?His mother was a white woman from Kansas while his father left them when he was just 2 years old, he grew up with his mum and his maternal grandparents who were all white americans so how does that make him and african?He only saw his dad once when he was about 10years old he is just as american as hillary,bush,Algore or any other person out there.

Thank you for that @mazaje. The Fact that the idiot father left him already speaks more of who Barrack really is. Why in the world should he return to kenya? Just cause his miserable father is from the country?? Don't even get me started on miserable fathers?smiley)

@Poster, you really need to use wisdom in your posts. What in the wolrd makes you think he is kenyan?? Does sharing blood with this kenyan man mean obama is therefore kenyan even though the man walked out of his life when he was 2?? Please use wisdom.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2007
hmmm Oriki, stick to discussing Nigerian politics. Barak Obama was born and raised in the USA and that qualifies him to run for the presidency of the US.
He has very superficial links to Kenya, how do you expect him to lead a country he has no knowledge of?

and NO he did not become an american via the green card route.

And proud Africans like orikinla, how have you "developed" africa? You expect african americans who dont know what africa looks like to come back and stop jumping molues and buying inverters with you?
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by biolabee(m): 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2007
on the issue of africans in diaspora one's contributions can be made in different ways not necessarity in politics
on the issue of barack coming to kenya that is his choice to make not because of any will but considering that his father left him long ago i dont think he particularly feels any tie to africa now
but i apprecaiate the spirit of the post which is that eminent african-americans should also be opportuned to conribute to the development of africa.
it can be in business, education, ngos etc
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2007
biolabee:

on the issue of africans in diaspora one's contributions can be made in different ways not necessarity in politics
on the issue of barack coming to kenya that is his choice to make not because of any will but considering that his father left him long ago i don't think he particularly feels any tie to africa now
but i apprecaiate the spirit of the post which is that eminent african-americans should also be opportuned to conribute to the development of africa.
it can be in business, education, ngos etc

Amazing how we like to reap where we did not sow, huh?? The EMINENT AFRICAN-AMERICANS should be opportuned to contribute to the development of Africa ?? What about the NON-Eminant African Americans?? LMAO!!! they should not bother since according to the way we see it, they have nothing to offer?? LMAO!!!
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by biolabee(m): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2007
@ kobojunkie
when i use the word 'eminent' i am not trying to discriminate
what i mean is that after achieving either in your community or professional life , as a form of givin back to the society (csr) you could look at africa
you dont have to be prominent after all the peace corps volunteers are not exactly prominent in the american society but their impacts have been felt here in education, anti-hiv programs and stuff

so i take back the word 'eminent' as it may connote a measure of discriminiation
i dont need to reap where i did not sow and i dont want to,

what i know if the baracks or poweells of th world do sth for africa either as a think tank their inputs may well help in lifting africa

my 2 cents,

that is why i like what oprah did although the cost was a bit on the high side
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
biolabee:

@ kobojunkie
when i use the word 'eminent' i am not trying to discriminate
what i mean is that after achieving either in your community or professional life , as a form of givin back to the society (csr) you could look at africa
you don't have to be prominent after all the peace corps volunteers are not exactly prominent in the american society but their impacts have been felt here in education, anti-hiv programs and stuff

so i take back the word 'eminent' as it may connote a measure of discriminiation
i don't need to reap where i did not sow and i don't want to,

what i know if the baracks or poweells of th world do sth for africa either as a think tank their inputs may well help in lifting africa

my 2 cents,

that is why i like what oprah did although the cost was a bit on the high side

I do not believe what we need is more foreigners coming to help Africa. I mean oprah is doing a great job but if left to me, I would ask that they all pull out and leave africa to fend for itself or die.

I am so afraid that africa will end up not learning from it's own suffering. We already have the indians and the chinese in Nigeria working to "BAIL US OUT" of the very situation we placed ourselves in. When those countries are done with us and have gotten as much as they could from us, what happens then?? Will we be able to maintain?? Or will we fall back into a Hell, deeper than we have in these past years??
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2007
Oil is almost $100/barrel and we are still waiting for "eminent" african americans to come back and rescue us from the brink of imminent self implosion?
Just where is all these money going?
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by Ndipe(m): 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2007
Obama's ties to Kenya is remote to say the least. Remember, he was raised without the care of his father, who had abandoned him during his infancy. And his visits to Kenya has been very limited. So, it would be almost impossible for a black American whose ties to his fatherland is merely by blood (admittedly blood is thicker than water) to venture into the turbulent terrain of politics without immersing himself in the culture and tradition of the country. I highly doubt if Orikinla would have urged him to run for Kenyan presidency if Obama was born and raised in Kenya with a very visible exposure. No, because he is an American, all of a sudden, he is deemed 'eminent'. Na wao! shocked
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by naijaking1: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2007
@poster

You sounded like a political commercial for one of Obama's opponents. You might not have intended it to be so, but that's what it is.

Obama will be more effective and useful for Kenya/Africa if he's elected the President of the US- the highest and most powerful office in the World.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by omoge(f): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
God bless America  grin

I couldn't help not laughing at the poster's weeping  grin

The sweetness of American politics. Anyone can do it. Unlike Africa you are a politrician when you know how to thief. Orikinla, your future children could be American President cheesy
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by naijaking1: 1:46am On Dec 12, 2007
@Omoge

Well said.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by biolabee(m): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2007
@kobojunkie
i feel ur pain,
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by naijaking1: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
Can you imagine Jews demanding that Senator Joseph Lieberman not run for US president, but instead return to Israel to become president?

No, because they realize that he would be 10x more useful as a US president than as Israeli president.
Re: Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America by RichyBlacK(m): 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2007
naijaking1:

Can you imagine Jews demanding that Senator Joseph Lieberman not run for US president, but instead return to Israel to become president?

No, because they realize that he would be 10x more useful as a US president than as Israeli president.

Lieberman, US president? May God forgive all who have thought such thoughts.

(1) (Reply)

Men Of Honor/integrity And Men Of Dishonor / Teachers May End Strike Today / Benin Lagos Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.