Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Nigeria Has More Legitimacy Than America, Here's Why: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has More Legitimacy Than America, Here's Why: (519 Views)

South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal / 8 Countries That Are Better Than America... / Kenya Needs Barack Hussein Obama More Than America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Has More Legitimacy Than America, Here's Why: by Calamama: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2012
People keep on with this now tired line, "Nigeria is a contraption" or "Nigeria is just a  geographic expression!" and then they sit back, swelling with self-satisfaction as  if they've said something so fundamental those to whom they say it need several years of silence just to absorb the sheer intellectualness of it.

I have grown up with those words ringing in my ears, therefor i have had many years in which to mull over them. However, after all this time, those words remain as meaningless to me as they ever were . The reason for this, is that those words do not stand exclusive to Nigeria. Most nations seem to me in one way or another to fulfill the tenet imbued in the words[b] Contraption or Geographic Expression[/b]. I suppose that in the context of, "let us not act as if things cannot be changed", stating that Nigeria is just a Geographic Expression may have salience. But in the context of the so-called artificiality of Nigeria, the words are insubstantial since most Nations are artificial.

First we as humans were nomads, next, hunter-gatherers, then with the advent of multiple livestock and farm holdings we formed larger societies informed by the need for mutual protection. From then on societies have grown or shrunk by one form of imposition or another.  At this point someone might think, 'ah, yes, but some Nations were more evolutionary than others'. My thought would be that the extent to which Nations have their founding in moral principles is of more importance. Viewed in this light, it may lend to the argument of those who question the legitimacy of Nigeria to frame it also in the framework of the questionable morality of the British and other colonialists.

America was a country founded on immoral principles far worst that Nigeria. America belonged to the native Indians, Europeans left their lands, subjugated the Indians and formed America whereas Nigeria was created by amalgamating the nations of the the Niger area-in order words peoples that belonged to the area.
Re: Nigeria Has More Legitimacy Than America, Here's Why: by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Poster, it is not too late to go get your head checked in this new year.
Re: Nigeria Has More Legitimacy Than America, Here's Why: by Calamama: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Poster, it is not too late to go get your head checked in this new year.

not interested in your market woman palaver nor would your, drawing reference to the constitution of America or calling into question the legitimacy of Nigeria, based on civil war or the cliche of legitimacy through the rule of law or indeed the lack of one in Nigeria, distract from the central truth of my statement.

(1) (Reply)

Can Meets Igp, Pleages Support / Subsidy: Efcc Beams Searchlight On 140 Firms / Jonathan, Army Chief, Others Pay Tribute To Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.