Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos (7661 Views)

Army Deploys New Russian Attack Helicopters Against Boko Haram / Army Deploys New Russian Attack Helicopters Against Boko Haram. / Army Deploys New Measures To Check Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by mukina2: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2012
THE Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company has introduced a new meter installation strategy that would boost its installation rate from 6,000 meters to a new peak of 9,000 meters monthly.

This initiative, according to the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, Chris Okar Akamnonu, is aimed at meeting the 18 months deadline set by the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).

He said the new installation target would take-off from August to capture the new and existing customers in the network.

Putting the growth rate of electricity consumers in the network at 2,500 monthly, he said, “We are positioned to capture and meter them as they come in, while the existing customers will also be adequately considered.”

Akamnonu, however, cleared air on the allegations of outrageous bill linked to the new electricity tariff introduced by the Federal Government recently.

He said the series of allegations raised by some consumers in the print media are not a true reflection of what the utility company billed them during the affected period, rather it was a campaign to deter the image of the company.

He noted that the company does not reflect 300 per cent increase as insinuated by some customers, adding that the billing is “just averagely 38 per cent increase in line with the new tariff structure, while some areas are even paying lower”.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93305:phcn-deploys-new-meter-installation-strategies-in-lagos&catid=94:energy-report&Itemid=592
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by MuniruA(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
If u're using light without meter they can charge u l#4000-#6000 for a single rum or rum and parlour; b4 it was at d range of #1500-#2500/3000. The amount's just too much, esp when condering d hours given to use d light.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by BabaEleko(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
NEPA or PHCN Oloriburuku somebody.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Lordrama: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
IS NOT A SCAM
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by joelala(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
averagely 38% my asss...the bill for the month of july was ridiculously high(over 200% increase)though we enjoy constant power supply here in my hood(marsha/kilo)in surulere, bt even at that, its still way too high.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
Cant even remember when last i paid my bill

1 Like

Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by GeeCee(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
What is the strategy?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by mrperfect(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
That is a welcome development.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Bawss1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
Muniru A: If u're using light without meter they can charge u l#4000-#6000 for a [b]single rum or rum [/b]and parlour; b4 it was at d range of #1500-#2500/3000. The amount's just too much, esp when condering d hours given to use d light.

Your misuse of abbreviations is appalling! It won't cost you anything to spell out words correctly and you will also avoid the danger of being misunderstood.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Bawss1:

Your misuse of abbreviations is appalling! It won't cost you anything to spell out words correctly and you will also avoid the danger of being misunderstood.

did you take a look at his user name? dude avi is MUNIRU. what else do u expect grin grin grin grin grin grin LWTMB
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by impetus: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
Does it mean that all the meter that we are using would be changed. If so, that's another way to extort the helpless masses.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Diesel1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nepa people are criminals,they must die one after another!!
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by lumeneng22: 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
My pple, now is d time to position urself so dat recharging your meter won't be a problem. Activate and download the pocketmoni application to ur phone now. Txt: REG FIRSTNAME LASTNAME 002386. To 20220mtn/airtel, 31030 glo, 4045 etisalat. You can use this mobile payment system to purchase anything at the long run as we go cashless.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Zulele: 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
4llerbuntu:

did you take a look at his user name? dude avi is MUNIRU. what else do u expect grin grin grin grin grin grin LWTMB
Did you take α look at yours?

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Olumide31: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
PHCN indeed gav me outrageous bill wit 300% increas frm 1,200last mnth to 3,800dis month upon livin in Ogun state wit light rotation of a day on for 6hrs and 2days off.jst went to deir ofice to complan toda
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by sunkoye: 6:29am On Jul 26, 2012
This chris okar guy will come around dat govt is not for masses whereas He is one of the major contribtor of decit and outright kill of masses. Nonsense!
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by ahf(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2012
Prepaid meters seem to be the only escape from arbitrary billing.
The meter shows your balance and you can actually track usage and study the trend.

A second issue would be to understand how the prepaid units are sold at the PHCN office. angry

If improved/consistent power translates to some percentage increase in tariffs
(certainly not 200% stated by some consumers)and generators and petrol for gens are
reduced/eliminated, then the cost benefit ratio should be better to pay PHCN bills.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Lisa1: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by erumena(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2012
What is the strategy?
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Audukaya: 11:43am On Jul 26, 2012
May God make me the president so that nigs will consume ligh free
Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by Fathai(m): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Is ur own quote correct....?...APPALLING indeed
Bawss1:

Re: PHCN Deploys New Meter Installation Strategies In Lagos by rabzy: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
These people want to suck our blood dry. I used to pay averagely 2000 over the last two years, with between 150 to 350E energy consumption. Now on the month in which they increased the tariff, they increased my energy consumption 500E, a month in which i was not around and they gave all the flats in my house the same 500E. My bill was about 6200.

They should stop telling us lies.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric / Photo Of A Man Wearing G-string Goes Viral(pic) / 6 Benefits For Nigeria As Donald Trump Becomes American President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.