Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,127 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? (877 Views)

Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? / What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 25, 2012
hi gurus! Am relatively new to the web design/hosting business. I am set to host a site for an NGO but i seem to have hit a snag. I applied for a name n space at smartweb.com.ng and even made payment but am yet to get any alert by mail or phone. Are they a scam? They wont take my calls
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by youngnapo: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
They are not
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by miracle4(m): 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
they are not dude
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by middayhost: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
Be patient, they will attend to you. They are NOT scammers, this I KNOW. They are only funny atimes.
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by shorxynla(m): 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
They are not scammer. Have been using smartweb for long. Recently I hosted a site with the and since then if I had any problem they have been responding well. the site I hosted with them www.onthirdplanet.com hasnt been down for a second

Try and approach them in a right manner and have patience
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Skywalker5(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
No good customer service.
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by miracle4(m): 1:09am On Jul 26, 2012
edited
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by mastere3: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2012
Giving them a call will be a nice way to let know you placed order and make payment
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
thanks lads, i've been trying to call them for days now but they won't take my calls or even return them. I paid up already thats why I fear i've been scammed. Their customer care sucks. Thanks for giving me some hope.
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by DualCore1: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
From a very neutral point of view see the cleverness of their 2,500 Naira per year hosting plan with the following spec below:

30 GB Storage
5GB Bandwidth
Free Domain
Control Panel

30GB diskspace with 5GB monthly transfer. Lol that means you wont be able to fill up you 30GB diskspace within the first 6 months of your subscription. If you ever make it to filling up your 30GB of space with your data you can only have read/write access to 5GB of your 30GB data per month. Really this is ridiculously funny. Mehn it just pays to be transparent in business, whats the use of offering people what they can't use fully?
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
finally smartweb seems to looking into my case. My domain name status/hosting staus has been changed been changed from UNPAID to PENDING.
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Going for a local host is advantageous no doubt. But make sure you thoroughly search for the best and most trustworthy in your locality so that you don't go home frustrated. WhoGoHost is mostly rated as the best host in Nigeria or is it false? If yes, then go for which ever you think is the best. Don't give any room for scamming.

1 Like

Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by miracle4(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
Dual Core: From a very neutral point of view see the cleverness of their 2,500 Naira per year hosting plan with the following spec below:

30 GB Storage
5GB Bandwidth
Free Domain
Control Panel

30GB diskspace with 5GB monthly transfer. Lol that means you wont be able to fill up you 30GB diskspace within the first 6 months of your subscription. If you ever make it to filling up your 30GB of space with your data you can only have read/write access to 5GB of your 30GB data per month. Really this is ridiculously funny. Mehn it just pays to be transparent in business, whats the use of offering people what they can't use fully?

no that is an error from their own end what they offer for 2,500 is 5gb storage 20gb bandwithd
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by DualCore1: 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
miracle4:

no that is an error from their own end what they offer for 2,500 is 5gb storage 20gb bandwithd
That's more like it! Contact them to correct the information on their site too.
Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2012
hosting issues have been sorted out while domain name is in propagation. Smartweb.com.ng are NOT scammers afterall.
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2012
fully propagated
Re: Please Is Smartwebng A Genuine Webhost? by Silvani(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2012
Yea really, smartweb.com.ng is not scam anyway but their service sucks.

I'm yet to see a good Nigerian hosting company, siskay which is rated the best, when you check their packages you will find out that their Advanced, Premium and Corporate plans are more costlier than hostgator and other big hosting companies out there.

(1) (Reply)

Joomla Experts Help Me! / Help! / How Do You Make Money ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.