Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,990 members, 7,952,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety (10609 Views)

Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by pokkadot: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
FEMI GBAJABIAMILA REBUT'S ALLEGATIONS OF FINANCIAL IMPROPRIETY

RE: CAMPAIGN AND ALLEGATIONS AGAINST MY PERSON.......HERE WE GO AGAIN!
My attention has been drawn to various newspaper paid advertisements calculated at disparaging my person and aimed at discouraging me from discharging my responsibilities as a legislator and as the leader of the opposition in the House of Representatives. . To my traducers let me quickly and unequivocally state that i am not deterred but remain focused and even emboldened in my determination to continue to bring germane national issues to the fore and to hold the presidency and those in charge of our affairs accountable. Because I believe in accountability, I also must be accountable to the electorate. It is for this reason and this reason alone that I have decided to respond to a faceless and amorphous group that lacks the courage to affix their real names to the publications.

Let me state very clearly that yes I was sanctioned by the Georgia Bar Disciplinary Board for professional misconduct and negligence due to an unfortunate ethical violation that took place about 10 years ago in 2003. There are no ifs, buts or ands about it. However here are the facts. Verifiable facts.
1. I returned to Nigeria in 2002 to prepare for party primaries and general elections. Prior to leaving the US, I had left instructions with my paralegal to close out pending files when due. He had instructions to pay my client 25000 dollars whenever her cheque was sent in. The cheque did not come in until January 2003 as the records show and at which time I had already been in Nigeria for over 6 months. Unfortunately after paying in the cheque as instructed, he withdrew the money again as instructed with cheques I had given him for sundry matters and he never paid the client but made away with it.
2 . This did not come to my knowledge until I received a letter from the Georgia Bar in 2005. The letter was addressed to my Lagos address which I had left with the Georgia Bar as my contact address for any housekeeping matter that may arise after I might have left. It is necessary to state this as it is alleged that I absconded. On the contrary, i informed the State Bar that i was moving back to Nigeria anf left a forwarding address and email. Both remain valid till date.
3. Upon receipt of the letter from the Bar, I immediately travelled to Atlanta to find out what was had gone wrong. Upon discovery of what had happened and being unable to trace the paralegal, I found myself in a bind as the disciplinary committee insisted I had violated rule 1.15 of Georgia Professional conduct pertaining to safe keeping, co-mingling of funds and allowing others to handle clients money. I accepted full responsibility and was sanctioned with a suspension. Had i anything to hide, i would not have gone back to Atlanta to clear all the issues.
4. This was a matter of not complying with strict ethical rules. At no time was i tried by any court for any criminal offence as it was never such. Attached is a letter from the State Bar of Georgia and paragraph 2 is very instructive. It should be noted that the Supreme Court of Georgia is vested with jurisdiction over professional ethics cases.
5. As evidenced in the attached letter, i am eligible to practise law in Georgia and remain in good standing. A convict can NEVER be eligible to practise law in the United States!
6.On the issue of change of name, my family has always used the names Gbajabiamila and Gbaja interchangeably. For me, Gbaja was a lot easier for pronounciation in a foreign country and Gbajabiamila was more desirable for my adventure into politics for the purposes of name recognition. Any suggestion that i changed my name to avoid being traced smacks of desperation to make a baseless allegation stick. Indeed i have maintained Gbaja as my facebook name and other documents including my international passport.
7. It should be noted that by law 33 percent of sums recovered is the legal fees charged by a US attorney for personal injury cases. Therefore the amount was 25000 less 33percent legal fees. No sane person would put his legal or political career in jeopardy for that.
8. Because of my strong belief in accountability and unknown to my traducers, i had publicly disclosed this imcident to the whole world in a book (FEARLESS) about my political career that was published by Dr Wale Okediran (a renowned author) and launched June 27th of this year. I will refer this faceless group to Page 29 of the book which speaks to the issue. It is clear therefore that i had nothing to hide.
9. The cowardly act of this group and its paymasters shows unfortunately how low and degenerate our politics has become. To the discerning, it is obvious where these attacks are coming from and inded a crying shame that an elected representative can no longer speak freely in defence of those who elected him and in the interest of the country. I find it rather curious that these attacks came on the heels (only 3 days) of my moving for articles of impeachment against Mr President come September 18 if the proper thing is not done and the constitution and laws of the country continue to be violated. At no time did i ever think taking on a powerful office would be a tea party or would not produce virulent attacks. Such would be naivete on my part.However i am propelled by the belief that the hottest part of hell is reserved for those who say nothing when they should.

I wish to state that i have never prophesed to be saintly neither have i paraded myself as perfect but my imperfections should not and will not stop me from doing that which is right. I have always believed and still do that a mandate is not fulfilled nor does it end upon election, rather it is fulfilled in standing up after the election to speak for the people who gave you that mandate. I have been given a mandate three times and i will continue to do the bidding of the owners of that mandate.

For the avoidance of doubt let me repeat my comments on the floor of the House just 5 days ago: " i like my President, but i like my people and my country more. If Mr President does not implement the budget 100% by September 18, this House must begin to file articles of impeachment against him". To this faceless group my postion has not changed.

I must also remind Mr President that it is on record that i fought tirelessly for him to be made the Acting President in this country in the face of serious opposition and at great risk to my wellbeing. I was the first and only legislator to move a motion to that effect on the floor when it was difficult to do so. It is with that same passion that i will and must continue to push that he obeys the laws of the land. That is my job. No more no less, amd for that i have no apologies.

I have stated my case now let the President state his.Now as we were saying Mr President sir before the debate was rudely interrupted by these guys, where is the peoples' money? We must as a country learn to address issues and not skirt them. We must leave shadows alone and deal with substance.

HON FEMI GBAJABIAMILA
LEADER OF OPPOSITION
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

43 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by werepeLeri: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
Where is the people's money that you have been pocketing as outrageous allowances all through your three terms in the house of rep?

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
When you think that the Presidency can not be debased further....the Fisherman, his sycophants and hanger-on get you down to a new low.

Unlike them...Femi has got verifiable history from a well known family with huge antecedents....they should be the ones to be bother when people starts digging into their own past.

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by KingGeorge1: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
So after all the grammar it is clear that there was financial misconduct,in which he was involve ba? Now the change of name issue INEC should come n tell Nigerian what's going on n which of the name(Gbaja or Gbajabiamila) is in the certificates that He submitted 4 Screening b4 his election,,,,cause all this funny n deceitful politicians can be making fool of us again haba! we must get rid of everybody with questionable background/character..........n plz Gbaja or Gbajabiamila tell us the name of the paralegal oh n stop beating around the bush...........Ole!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Chanchit: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
When i saw the allegation, i knew he can't be that st!upid...
I clicked like on that beautiful reply already, and i will vote for u, if u contest, because of this reply.... We use to watch american film tricks, we knw they are all lies, bt we still love it anyway, we watch nigerian film tricks, they are always silly, even if femi is lying, it sounds so true, unlike some people that Nollywood film trick sef dey try pass, they would rather say "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!".

12 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by FJCRUISER: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
ilugunboy: When you think that the Presidency can not be debased further....the Fisherman, his sycophants and hanger-on get you down to a new low.

Unlike them...Femi has got verifiable history from a well known family with huge antecedents....they should be the ones to be bother when people starts digging into their own past.
u dumb oh .na who born u sef ? y don't we d youths stop allowing our selves to b used . we must learn to read and follow issues properly. impeachment , Gbajagate etc started as a result of some thin - money ,money money,ego ,owo, kudi kalashi. hw much don enta ur pocket?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by princenayo: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
Listen to this criminal mixing up issues here tying to confuse Nigerians. Is high time we began to question the authenticity of ur credentials. U Answer Gbaja here and answer Gbajabiamila in there.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by KingGeorge1: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Chanchit: When i saw the allegation, i knew he can't be that stupid...
I clicked like on that beautiful reply already, and that is how i will vote for u again, if u contest.... We use to watch american film tricks, we knw they are all lies, bt we still love it anyway, we watch nigerian film tricks, they are always silly, even if femi is lying, it sounds so true, unlike some people that Nollywood film trick sef dey try pass, they would rather say "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!".
hahahahahahahahaha,laffing 4 our dishonourable honourable so annoying y they should be making jest of Nigerian with their insincere attitude crying 4 me mother land...haaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
FJCRUISER:
u dumb oh .na who born u sef ? y don't we d youths stop allowing our selves to b used . we must learn to read and follow issues properly. impeachment , Gbajagate etc started as a result of some thin - money ,money money,ego ,owo, kudi kalashi. hw much don enta ur pocket?

You are such a m0ron!!....!! for the last time here with you....keep your mouth inside the gutter that you've managed to crawled out from, you are a pure waste of space !

F0cking Reetard!
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by FJCRUISER: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

You are such a m0ron!!....!! for the last time here with you....keep your mouth inside the gutter that you've managed to crawled out from, you are a pure waste of space !

F0cking Reetard!
u be thief ur sef . if u try me u go know ur sef .am trying to educate u n u r annoyed . it's pple like u dat naija abhors. today u r Gbaja morrow u ll b Gbajabiamilla, me sef i b chukwu morrow i go b chukwueke. mumu
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
FJCRUISER:
u be thief ur sef . if u try me u go know ur sef .am trying to educate u n u r annoyed . it's pple like u dat naija abhors. today u r Gbaja morrow u ll b Gbajabiamilla, me sef i b chukwu morrow i go b chukwueke. mumu

How old are you?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by FJCRUISER: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

How old are you?
wat has age got to do with u trying to insult me ? we r so blinded sometimes dat we refuse to c d truth .n also refuse to stand by it .can't u c dat something is wrong? wen i become president one day i ll gif u apptmt as my SA PROPAGANDA i appreciate ur silliness . earn ur pay jareh
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by karlmax2: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
Is because he is an ACN member if na PDP the page. For don full ACN are all fruadsters!!! Fake name fake certificate

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
FJCRUISER:
wat has age got to do with u trying to insult me ? we r so blinded sometimes dat we refuse to c d truth .n also refuse to stand by it .can't u c dat something is wrong? wen i become president one day i ll gif u apptmt as my SA PROPAGANDA i appreciate ur silliness . earn ur pay jareh

Answer me f0ol!...how old are you?...apparently you are the one that is blinded here and not "we"

...why is this "allegation" popping just three days after Femi raised the issue of impeachment on the floor of the house...why?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
FJCRUISER:

Time registered: July 05, 2012
Time spent online: 4 hours & 28 minutes

I could have easily taken you as one of them...but your sentence stringing doesn't fits in perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ODB1: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
LIAR! Blame it on an anonymous paralegal

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
Once again..another 40 laptop member that has been viewing the topic for the past 40 minutes just summoned the courage to utter nonsense as usual.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ODB1: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
ilugunboy: Once again..another 40 laptop member that has been viewing the topic for the past 40 minutes just summoned the courage to utter nonsense as usual.
tongue
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by princenayo: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

Answer me f0ol!...how old are you?...apparently you are the one that is blinded here and not "we"

...why is this "allegation" popping just three days after Femi raised the issue of impeachment on the floor of the house...why?
My frnd keep quite, U seem to sound like one of them. whether three days or two. wat matters is dat he is guilty.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
princenayo: My frnd keep quite, U seem to sound like one of them. whether three days or two. wat matters is dat he is guilty.

grin grin Can't stop laughing...you aren't smart you know!you are the one to sharrapppp dia!

Well...let the Efcc establish a case against him if you guys think that there is a case for him to answer.

In your own silly mind, rushing to judgement...he is already guilty.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Ufeolorun(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ilugunboy,
The Abuja based 40-laptop think-tank grin would have to re-strategize on Gbaja because you are giving too much wahala. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
GEJ think say hin get sense abi..! SMH.. He's the one calling the shot's now abi? Hunting everyone with scandals. No problem. But i tell you, by 2014, the CANKERWORMS will be exposed. I see alot of scandalous newspaper advert, Tv adverts, radio jingles prior to party Elections! ATIKU,Babangida, Obj are gathering evidences.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by 2mch(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
Personally lost respect for Gbaja ever since. But even lost greater respect for him when he backed down the probe on PDP sending 3,500 soldier to Rig edo elections. Now PDP is after him. Its better to stand your ground to these people when you have the chance. Gbaja talks as if he is compromised. Leader of Opposition.smh. Gbaja, simply pay with interest those you conned. Silly man.

werepeLeri: Where is the people's money that you have been pocketing as outrageous allowances all through your three terms in the house of rep?

Ask your Oga where the money from the removal of subsidy is. Where is he getting the money to buy new cars for first lady summit. Why the hell are we wasting money on first lady. Is first lady a constitutional office? So many people are suffering, why is your Oga stealing at an alarming rate? Why are we borrowing after a surplus was left for him? You should not appear on this thread, because Gbaja is an ant compared to the molehill that is Jonathan. The mole hill blocking our progress.

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by FJCRUISER: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
ilugunboy:

D ISSUE IS DIS WE SHD NOT SUPPORT PPLE BLINDLY . IF ANY ONE GOOFS WE SHD TELL DEM. GBAJA GOOFED HE KNOWS IT .ME , AN A SOCIAL BEING LOOKIN FR FUN N PPLE TO EDUCATE PROPERLY. SO B EDUCATED N STAND FR D TRUTH IRRESPECTIVE OF WHOSE OX IS GORED
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by princenayo: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
ilugunboy:

grin grin Can't stop laughing...you aren't smart you know!you are the one to sharrapppp dia!

Well...let the Efcc establish a case against him if you guys think that there is a case for him to answer.

In your own silly mind, rushing to judgement...he is already guilty.
Na wa 4 u ooo. U are here tearing ur wondo 4 someone who had already owned up to the allegation.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2012
Femi Gbajabiamila understands the rules of managing scandal. Tell it all, tell it fast, tell the truth all at once. He has a good political future.

9 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by alaoeri: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
Femi really graduated from Tinubu school of taught with a high grade, with this like it or not he have outsmart his enemies. Oya keep pulling the sleeping jonah legs untill things started changing for better. *Lesson learnt ACN politicians are smarter than their PDP counterparts*

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Delafruita(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
bayooooooo: Femi Gbajabiamila understands the rules of managing scandal. Tell it all, tell it fast, tell the truth all at once. He has a good political future.
exactly.however,its like he had a premonition it could arise which is why he published it as part of a book that was launched last month.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Beaf: 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
bayooooooo:
Femi Gbajabiamila understands the rules of managing scandal. Tell it all, tell it fast, tell the truth all at once. He has a good political future.

Quite clearly, you are in love with thieves and scumbags.

Sickening.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Delafruita(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
princenayo: Listen to this criminal mixing up issues here tying to confuse Nigerians. Is high time we began to question the authenticity of ur credentials. U Answer Gbaja here and answer Gbajabiamila in there.
its normal that africans modernise their names for easy pronunciation.my father changed his name afolabi to afo while in the UK.that didnt stop him from using afolabi when he finally relocated to nigeria on a permanent basis.its ridiculous to say a man is a fraud because he shortened his name.
question is did the man flee goergia?NO
did he leave a forwarding address?YES
did he return to georgia when he was informed?YES
did he accept responsibility?YES
was he punished?YES
has he served his punishment?YES
did he face a jury or judge?NO
is he eligible to practise law in georgia?YES
is he a criminal?NO
has he admitted his wrongdoing?YES.he highlighted the incident in a book published last month even before peedeepee decided to start digging
.why are some morons still hellbent on ranting

23 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Delafruita(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Beaf:

Quite clearly, you are in love with thieves and scumbags.

Sickening.
how ironic coming from the special adviser to the retardeen on nairaland affairs.

9 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by dustydee: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
Good response. Where are his accusers? over to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Polls: Trouble Brews In INEC Over N9bn Ballot Papers Contract / 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative / Ohanaeze Berates Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB For Placing N1m Bounty On Igbo Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.