Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

Politics / Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by 004gist: 6:14pm On Apr 05
Believeintruth:

Bros that your analogy with SA makes no sense at all. What is purchasing power of an average south African what is their CPI and what is their income per capita compared to Nigeria. You guys should stop defending rubbish.

What do u understand I wrote
Politics / Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by 004gist: 4:36pm On Apr 05
Since I travelled I have learnt not to insult the Nigeria state no matter what rather the insult should be directed to the leaders especially APC.

They came and destroyed our naira. Before this 30k minimum wage could buy 4 bags of foreign rice @ 2014 not very long now 4 bags in 2024 =320k.

Minimum wage 30k = 4 bags of rice in 2014
4 bags of rice 2024= 320k
South African minimum wage = 312k

Meaning that the purchase power of naira in 2014 was even higher than south Africans m.wage

In 2013/2014 corpers posted for NYSC service that received 30k alawee came back with savings of 250k with it they started business. Some even travelled to Cotonou to start importing goods

But today 30k no even fit reach 6 days e don finish

It shall never be well with APC

I believe the cost of electricity is subsidized in those countries but still yet Nigeria state of affairs is nothing to write home about

20 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Kano Govt Charges Ganduje, Wife With $413,000, ₦‎1.38 Billion Bribery by 004gist: 6:05am On Apr 05
Very corrupt man

8 Likes

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:03am On Apr 05
RodgersAkpafu:

Working over 20 hrs na im land one for Palava
The second one was attendance issue
They checked with the school and the person missed a lot of classes

A lot of things home office used to overlook
Not anymore
Them dey scrutinise now

That's why I feel bad for a lot of Nigerian students playing smart now

Yes before they overlooked but now they are trying to reduce the number of students in their country by all means and are looking for ways to end post study visa after collecting huge amount of money from students from 2021 till date
Celebrities / Re: Bobrisky Fails To Meet EFCC Bail Conditions by 004gist: 8:53pm On Apr 04
Senior man where them go keep u.

Make cell or female cell

11 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Let’s Unite Against Divisive Forces - President Tinubu Urges ECOWAS Nations by 004gist: 8:50pm On Apr 04
Mandate thief.
You brought Buhari n Crumbled Nigeria.
If not because of tinubu, Buhari wouldn't have been president.
Now the economy is meesed up, companies posting losses as investors funds got wiped up.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:48pm On Apr 04
RodgersAkpafu:

I know two people who was victim of this

Honestly speaking ; many of us are really in a tight corner at the moment

Can you help explain more of their situation?

It's said spending over 15m, 18m to come put one self in a problem. Like using ur hand to buy wahala in d name of Japa
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 11:48pm On Apr 03
lexybaba1234:
I can relate to your post. From my own observation (please note, I reside in the Northern Ireland, UK). So I can speak with respect to this particular location. Most decent cleaning jobs is hard to find here because it's very preferred by the locals (which they are most trusted). Am sure you know what I mean. The requirements for the DBS is relaxed for them. For some reasons, these locals really like cleany jobs. I will not recommend cleaning jobs for someone in the Northern Ireland part of the UK.

Which other job can one apply for
Travel / Re: Why Do Nigerians Think The Whites Are Richer compared to them? by 004gist: 7:18pm On Apr 03
YouandiAllofus:

Who will put this "robust system driven by cutting edge technologies" in place, Isn't it the government?

The loan shark and the like that give loan how many defaults?
How credit worthy are u
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:24pm On Apr 03
Mindlog:

Is your DBS not on the update service?

If the cleaning area is in care home, hospital, school or places that vulnerable people are then they will require enhanced DBS from u.

There are places that require just standard DBS.
While others is just basic DBS.

Before this time what I had was just basic and standard
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:47am On Apr 03
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:03pm On Apr 02
Prigozhin:

Exactly. Eeeh but na wah o. I think say na Africans get this kind mentality o. One still told me to pay a huge some of 100 pounds to get a DBS last week they now said but they are not certain I can receive it within a month. Na wah

This one below.. I applied for a cleaning job and I got a mail if u can provide a DBS if not they can apply for me while I send the money to them.. Enhanced DBS which I paid and a month plus I got it. Before then the same agency sent me a care training and told me to pay 90 pounds to attend the training. Now I ask if they will give me shift.. See his response.
I have since gotten the DBS, sent him messages no response. Cleaning job I no see

I and my friend was discussing, telling me same story, I told him a comp also did this to me.

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:46pm On Apr 02
lastkingsman:

What does post study letter mean please? Is it completion of studies certificate, issues by school?
You will present it to homeoffice showing u are through with ur studies and eligible for two years post study visa
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 4:51pm On Apr 02
Prigozhin:

I don't even have time to study always on the search for job and how to survive I only attend classes. Don't have time for reading at times I'll just ask myself why did I now come here to study. cry

I think of survival daily. That's what is taking a large part of my mental activity. How to pay bills. I don't think I'll be able to use the certificate after study cause I can't focus on the study.

I understand. I have felt this way. The pressure,the bills etc
At times u start asking ur self why did u embark on this route. The peace of mind one have in Nigeria cry

It's seems homeoffice are denying those that did more than 20hrs post study.
They are doing everything within theory power to evict those with slight things. This person has 14 days to leave UK via mail sent to him from home office

Back to the job stuff.. That one is depressing . Some employees are using that to also cash out. They tell u to take their training at a fee, do DBS at their own fee. Etc but after gotten this they won't answer u again

Travel / Re: Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) by 004gist: 4:27pm On Apr 02
DenreleDave:

I dont blame them... Peter obi has failed them, Tinubu, Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar adua, Jonathan, Atiku has failed Nigerians.

If I get opportunity to sleep here and be hustling, i will gladly do than sit in Nigeria.

At least for here, if I am working, with time, time will come back good because it is a working system unlike Nigeria that you may be working and your hardwork is truncated by Peter Obi, Tinubu and Atiku e.t.c

Your fellow Nigerian sef is ready to spoil your hustle without no cause.

A nairalander came here to blackmail me as scammer when all i have done in my life is legit. That is how Nigerians behave "pull him down syndrome".

Local man reasonning.
If they are working why can't they use the money n rent home?
Your brain de touch
Foreign Affairs / Re: Six Ministers Resign Amid Peru President’s Rolex Watches Probe by 004gist: 10:25am On Apr 02
Politics / Re: Explosion At Army's Ikeja Cantonment As Military Begins Investigation by 004gist: 7:33am On Apr 02
Ikeja barracks.. We won't forget the explosion that occurred early 2000

4 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Iran’s Commander Mohammad Reza Zahedi Killed In Israeli Airstrike in Syria by 004gist: 9:40pm On Apr 01
This will allow USA to think before dumping their allies.

25 Likes

Politics / Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by 004gist: 7:32pm On Apr 01
Putindbutt:
You want to obtain TCO and bypassing relevant agencies in your country and you think that's possible?. abeg try dey use your brain.

Bypass ke... Which agencies
They need their share of bribe.
Travel / Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 004gist: 4:30pm On Apr 01
lastkingsman:

And some don't even pay house rent as they inherited real estate from Papa. Where I stay in Ramsgate, there are these two ladies (siblings) that are just flexing their lives up and down on govt benefits and real estate inheritance

If am in their shoe I won't bother to work. cheesy
Some people are just soo blessed. You cross ur legs government will start to fund u. You give birth government still fund u but they turn around to use knife to chase immigrant with taxes and strict immigration rules
Travel / Re: Air Peace Staff Land In London In Ishiagu Attire, Sparking Outrage In Nigeria by 004gist: 2:32pm On Apr 01
bmaster2000:

Enemies of progress who. the tribe who wish that the entire country fall. because Obi Bitter didn't emerge as the president.

Just one targeted and calculated policy from
Jagaban government....your air peace will crumble completely....yet, the government will. not.use its power to crumble your supposed achievement...

And yet, your prayer is that the country should crumble

You all that claimed n called ur self patriot don't know what that word means.
You all are ethnic and religious bigots
Travel / Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 004gist: 1:44pm On Apr 01
ItisWell22:

Nothing like hype.

For every one doctor or other healthcare professional you’ll ever need, you’ll need about 4 nurses.

When the dentist carries out complicated procedures that can’t be done on outpatient basis, who cares for the patient?

Nurses earn less. Band 5 earning 2300. While dentist could earn as high as 70k to 150k pounds per year. Not joking.
I was searching for jobs via sponsorship. I see dentist needed everywhere. I was shocked to the marrow.

I began to read online why the sponsorship.. I now discovered the shortage. And it seems they are making a law to allow foreign dentist practice without exams just their home license
Travel / Re: Air Peace Staff Land In London In Ishiagu Attire, Sparking Outrage In Nigeria by 004gist: 8:33am On Apr 01
bmaster2000:
Now we will have more airlines...

.How will I see Qatar Arline to London and will go and board Air Peace which disappoints ordinary Local flights it disappoint talk less of International air flight....nah to drop passenger for dessert and beginning to set look for fuel in the desert

Rubbish!!!!

You and ur kind suenmessage, manna grill etc that claim to be patriot abi parrot during Buhari time.
See Una comment.

U all are enemies of the progress of Nigeria

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 004gist: 8:20am On Apr 01
tobenuel:
where that video of one pastor wey say 'I go comot ya teeth just now'. him suppose see this update

BTW UK should just calm down, no be every time dem go dey bleat like goats

are they too old and weak to work for themselves, once they run shortage of dishwashers they will beat and post up, they run shortage of this and that they will make it a headline news. They will soon run shortage of corruption, haba mana, na so una dey do for here?

When people who declear themselves jobless are handed over 2500 pounds per month upwards. Imagine a couple receiving 5k per month etc while refusing to work.

While same nurses are earning same 2300 or even lesser per month while sweating their ass out.

If u are in their shoe u will decide to just relax after all u will get paid at end of the month. Most that stopped working during the covid months didn't return back as they get used to free money

5 Likes

Travel / Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 004gist: 12:26am On Apr 01
esivue007:
Most of my seniors are en-route to UK as I speak.
Infact,one of my senior works with Arsenal team Doctors in London. He share a video,proof and all.
Infact,
He has a dual license.
Uk and Nigeria.

I Just dey pray Mai finish medical school quickly 🔜 abeg.
So help me God🙏

He is a dentist?
Crime / Re: Ifesinachi Luxurious Bus Burnt, Passengers Robbed At Ijebu Ode by 004gist: 12:24am On Apr 01
shortgun:
From the first day Tinubu was sworn in, insecurity has become the order of the day. The lives of Nigerians is worthless to Tinubu and his minions. No feasible strategy is in place to curb incessant kidnapping, banditry and killing of Nigerians in every part of the country

That party called APC has been a cause to Nigeria.
Ever since Buhari then Nigeria stop moving forward

2 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:54pm On Mar 31
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:45pm On Mar 31
timelessboy:

Visa fee £551 - Shortage occupation
IHS- 1,035

Your sponsorship how many years please
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:42pm On Mar 31
ChristineC:
nursing is still up there. they rake in north of £5k no? grin
Nurses for where? Nurses that earn what private security earns. Band 5 earning 2300 per month.

Dentists earn over 50 to 150k per yearly
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:39pm On Mar 31
timelessboy:
Teacher. To resume September

How much is your ihs?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:38pm On Mar 31
ChristineC:
I think it's in the field of dentistry generally. dental surgeon, ms in dental lab (clinical dental technologist or digital specifics) and DSAs.

I look back and am crying why didn't I study this courses angry
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:35pm On Mar 31
timelessboy:
Hi everyone, how are you feeling today. Please 🥺 I gained employment in UK, and I need assistance from someone that can loan me £1.6k to pay the Visa fee and IHS fee from his or her end, while i return it back within 3months from the UK (with interest). Please you can quote me or send me a DM for continual conversation.

Which filed did u gain the job from

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.