Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:34pm On Mar 24
Bourne007:
Yes but by producing genuine documents and not 'street things' (Unless of course Street things doesn't been forging them)

What do u understand by the terms street?.
Go to registry with ur two witnesses and do a civil wedding... Snap pix.... What's hard

Go to water board, LASEPA let them give u receipts. Make relevant payments. Thus hungry staff they av
Go to environmental board to give u receipt... Make relevant payment.

Go to ur landlord to give u receipt to pay include ur wife name... What is hard to do.

Na wa

Is this hard to do?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:24pm On Mar 24
heykims:

Bro, UKVI ask for wedding pictures, also for digital conversations. People get nsf mails to produce those.

No use me shine.

I have stated how to go about that.

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:53pm On Mar 24
Bourne007:
So basically you're suggesting.

Dont you know u can marry in absentia?
If you go to the register they will ask u if that person is here or over. They have different fees.

All required is two witnesses. That's all

Then the other person raised questions about solidifying it with proof then I gave him what is obtainable..

All information given so far was what they asked applicant bringing their wives as at December 2023

1) show 3 evidence you both have lived for the past 5 years.... Utility bills, house rent, receipt.
I can't remember picture being among.

Where does ban come to play here?

How many Nigerian men write their wives name on landed properties, or even house rent, etc?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 3:52pm On Mar 24
giselle237:
I wouldn’t risk that if I were you. What if along your application you are requested to provide wedding photos or her passport stamps to show she was physically present at the wedding? What then do you do?
You can go the unmarried partner route since you are not married and provide all the required documents extensively. Goodluck

I have given him a clue....

There is no where they asked for pictures.
They might ask for house rent receipts to back ur claim you guys stays together.... You can street that.

Sanitation receipt to show u guys stays over 5 years ago... U can street that.

Land documents.....you can street that

WhatsApp chats....... You can street that.. With your old time girlfriend or or current etc

Politics / Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Police Officers In Imo (graphic Pix) by 004gist: 12:54pm On Mar 24
Aonkuuse:
Nigeria is in a very serious mess now... Every region is supporting and defending their own to commit crimes.... If not, this is very very wrong.

Which region..?

If you don't know, know this that that very road is filled with kidnappers. Am sure they might be kidnappers.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:46pm On Mar 23
LudaChriz:
The best time to travel to UK in terms of flight as Air Peace now have direct flight at less that #1m. Unfortunately, UK don cast angry angry
Pls who has used this Airline to UK?

Last year I travelled with less than 480k via Cotonou but u will need to stop at Turkey.. One stop over
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 4:14pm On Mar 23
samuel321:

Thanks boss. But she still need to come home, right?

It can be done in her absence. Go to local government and ask the registrar.
Chekele money
Naija na him u de
Anything posibl
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:50pm On Mar 23
samuel321:
Good day everyone. I have an girlfriend who traveled last year on a student visa to UK. She wants to bring me in as a dependent. We have chats from 3years back and bank statement showing we've been sending money to each other. Will she need to come home for a wedding before I can apply as a dependent or I can apply without her coming home

Get the marriage certificate from relevant authority if possible backdt
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:49pm On Mar 23
080Fadama:
Hello guys I got an unconditional offer from Leeds Beckett the tuition is around 14500 if u minus scholarship .

I have my tuition deposit of 7250

1) Does anybody know a group chat telegram or WhatsApp

2) does anybody have any negative takes on the school
3) any one with any advice generally about the city

That's 50%
How do u plan on paying the rest 7250 pounds?

More also will u like to consider schools that still charges 10k to 11k?
Politics / Re: Obasanjo Visits Alex Otti In Abia, Hails Him On Pension Law Repeal by 004gist: 2:19pm On Mar 23
Take a look at the current happenings abia state and the positive news coming out of the state.
Important personalities visiting the state.
The level of investment taking place.

Then compare it with ikpeazu or TA orji the previous government. Then you know the problem is bad, corrupt leadership that's our problem

Travel / Re: Student Visa To Poland by 004gist: 9:32am On Mar 23
Have u gotten appointment
Politics / Re: MC Oluomo Visited President Tinubu At The Aso Rock-photo by 004gist: 3:51pm On Mar 22
gbaskiboy:
The next Lagos State governor

Like it or not it is by force.

Una don de start again.
Tinubu election never teach Una lessons.
You didn't see sensible people to project that can move Lagos forward na agboro u de project
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 3:20pm On Mar 22
thenny312:

Thanks man

We will just apply for the PSW.

Anything can happen within 2 years.
No use play miss that COS.
Take it while she register for a school. Then be supporting her

NYSC / Re: Corps Member Who Births Quadruplets While Serving, Seeks Allowance For Five by 004gist: 9:08am On Mar 22
Domaining101:
Dey play, when when you do scan and see say na four dey come out at once, common sense no tell you to abort mission, you go born them, when people with 2 children sef dey struggle to survive, only you go born four grin Na the man wey give you the quad core belle i dey pity, only God knows wetin the nigga go dey one side dey think na grin e sure me say abandoning you and those children go be one of those thoughts grin

Even if i get the money full for ground and e dey flow like water, i no go help people like you, make una suffer una suffer and get sense. Because if people begin to dey help una, more and more senseless people go refuse to be wise.

Which kind talk be this?
She should abort such rare beauty babies

You are a wicked person

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 8:23am On Mar 21
martineverest:
Pls,how much is ihs for one year master's degree

Depends on the school.
Minimum you get is 11,000 pounds

Average you get is 14k

If u go by minimum like university of York @ 11k plus or 12k plus. You will need like 12+10=22k pounds
That's 44 million naira
Politics / Re: I Don't Receive Pension From Abia Government — Ex-Governor Ikpeazu by 004gist: 3:31pm On Mar 20
Foolish man. 8 years in power yet nothing to show

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:05pm On Mar 20
Phenmeson:

Since January,I never hear a friend wey I know sef wey don enter UK to study.
Tinubuation & Rishi Sunak combination sef na dangerous attack.
To enter depression for UK easy lyk anything.
I made enquiry to a Czech Republic university for Masters degree courses, even with less than £5000 person can do a 2yr course.
They even give work permit.
UK na survival of the fittest.
Except person dey come UK alone for work and his yearly salary na at least £24k and house rent na £400 monthly

This is a good option. I will look into this
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:11pm On Mar 19
Phenmeson:

I live 30mins from London. An average price rent of 2bedroom flat is £1400 in London or south East of England without bills.
If person comes add childcare services join, you will be coughing out over £2500 monthly.
Just imagine people wey dey entitled to child benefit wey dey para for this link.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68448107

I know London can be this bad. That's why I ran to Northeast England where house rent is cheap like one can get 2 bedroom for 550.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:02pm On Mar 19
Phenmeson:

Problems of most of we 9ja to dey blv in faith when you know there's a barrier.
If the law says students are only entitled to 20hrs work.
At most 20hrs will fetch you £1100. House rent alone don take majority of it.
In my situation I work full time and earn at least 35k yearly with free transportation to work/leisure.
My rent & bills are over £1800 monthly.
If I comot bills,my account balance no go even get flashing credit at the end of the month.
UK don choke now. To even get part time jobs na hard thing especially if you be international students.
How many people fit cope 2months without job.
Anyone coming as student now shd consider his purpose of coming to UK.
Paying skul fees @ £1=#2000 na hard task.
I know some of my work colleagues born in UK wey don pass 30yrs and still living with their parents.
Hah 1800 per month Chai. Are u staying in London?
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:56pm On Mar 19
MatrixCircle:

One of my guy that landed as January intake even ran mad. Two months no job, no money for rent , no food stuff grin grin grin landlord told him to leave.
Balance of tuition waiting.
He was lucky some of us his guys don dey work after graduation. We had to raise £650 by contributing £50, some £60 and one guy £100 and so one we raise £650 . Then we give am sites like Frigo etc where he can download the App and be collecting free foodstuffs , and other sites like that for free stuffs.

Now he has gotten a cleaning job and security job. grin grin but 20hrs/week

Was it this year January? He didn't come with foodstuffs.
My egusi, ogbonno, pepper, stockfish etc still remaining. I only buy garri, rice, meat from African store once In while. This is almost my 7 months
Business / Re: EIU Report: FG To Raise VAT To 15% By 2027 To Fund Fiscal Deficit by 004gist: 9:00am On Mar 19
sad

Always advising FG to raise tax, stop subsidies but they have never advised FG or block policians from bringing stolen funds to their banks in Europe and UK or stop them fromm buying properties in their countries

They will never condemn and reject shame elections. They will never condemned excessive borrowing.

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:13pm On Mar 18
RodgersAkpafu:

Please no one should try this oooooi

Nigerians here are really going through it here
Just Friday, come and see one Nigerian student lost in thought looking into space and talking to himself while on the move
You can tell he is frustrated
Unemployment in my city is really something unfortunately undecided

How will they pay up the 7500 balance they owe now smh

grin he said they are discouraging him or others that want to Japa to UK.
He sees grown up men complaining he thought it's a joke. Am almost 40 with a wife and kids...
Why will I want to discourage anyone.
What's the benefits. ?
Somw will even say you are a wicked someone why haven't u come back.
So now I no de argue with anyone.. I will give u the easy way to come to taste the water.. Who no come no go know

The person u said that is walking and talking to himself. It's because of the debt to his school and probably house rent has long expire, electricity cut off, gas cut off.
With no hope and u now remembered the 12k pounds spent here for CAS, visa application and dependant and u now press calculator to see that the 12k is actually over 22 million u spent plus others money
This could make someone go mad and lots of people are passing through this now

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:06pm On Mar 18
RodgersAkpafu:

I'm in the North
Yorkshire axis

You holla at a Nigerian here and she thinks you wanna "toast" her
You holla at your naija dude here and he go dey carry face for you

Me I Don cancel all of them
I move solo now
Rubbish and nonsense

This one na normal nau.
I came with my wife so it's me and her and the kids that's all. Even if I see black man for road I de waka pass.
The few times I tried to say hi they just look at u as if u are from Sudan.

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:04pm On Mar 18
RodgersAkpafu:

It's also a BIG SHAME that we have not even built an ecosystem to support put endeavours as black folks in this country

Indian friends of mine are under less pressure (at least the ones I know ) cos they have built an ecosystem that give them these "soft loans" that they can spread out and pay off in due time.

We won't build that for ourselves because of dummy silly mentality
It is either the lender want to play smart and exploit or the borrower planning to take these loans without intent to pay up in full.

That's how we are constituting nuisance out here smh

Indians have a strong community here. They have taken over UK honestly.
Go to African stores they own it. Big stores also. Big business etc.
They are in no league with Nigerians over here In UK.

When it comes to job hunt... They easily get its. With their spread of network.
Most care homes I know are run by this people

Politics / Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by 004gist: 9:17am On Mar 18
BigDawsNet:

I believe if we hav good exchange rates like £1 to #500 in the black market... japa won't reduce as much as people will still be able to afford to study in the uk Universities... even we may see couple getting separate addmission and living togther as a couple... but how many people can afford £1 to #2000?

Three things at play

The dependancy issue.
Exchange rate issue
Job issue

Politics / Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by 004gist: 7:56am On Mar 18
Almost all schools in the United kingdom are facing serious financial problems.
My school is not exempted as lecturers want to go on strike any moment because the management has closed down a lot of departments and are asking the lecturers to go..Lecturers said no u can't just sack them.

Other universities are going into merger to pass through the storm.

Nigeria and Indians plays a critical role in the funding of UK universities. It was when I arrived that I started seeing sizeable number of Nigerians studying BSc program.

This universities are crafty as they open irrelevant department.. Project management this, project executive this that, project sustainability this that and that etc
Even if u graduate they won't even give u job unless the menial jobs around.

Our leaders has to sit up, create hope for Nigerians by providing security, transparency in elections etc , so that people don't exit this country.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Religion / Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 004gist: 1:11pm On Mar 17
stephenponti:
[/b]

Let these evil greed hearted mainstream pastors replicate quarter of his benevolent acts. Then I will listen. Imagine a supposedly false prophet doing what Jesus said. And the so called true prophets are busy amassing inordinate wealth jets and Estates

Let's be discerning based on the established biblical procedure.

Imagine a greedy pastor pastor that bear the fruits of greed, avarice, and numerous vices, disapproving a man who did the opposite.

GOD can raise a stone to praise him. Any time any day without recourse to men's established pattern. Jeremiah said he was made a prophet from the womb.

I don't know which pastor you called greedy..
Please help me with their names let me know
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:19pm On Mar 17
moshuur:

At the end of the day, 9ja people did not get the point or maybe comprehension is a big issue for our people. (Making reference to d guy u responded to...and others)

Very funny people (its better to be unemployed in the UK than to be employed in nigeria)...

Where will one even start to orientate someone that thinks uk is paradise.

Phewww

If only you have access to public funds but this is not so for migrant. For the average British being unemployed is no issue to them as government pay them benefits handsomely.
But for migrants na there u go no say khaki no be leather

Religion / Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 004gist: 11:54am On Mar 17
stephenponti:
The mainstream So called Gospel of faith are not better, because TB was not influenced by spirit of mammon as evidence in the tactical methods employed by these mainstream. We know a true man of God by the fruits of their ministry.
These mainstream challatans is the reason why pastors are not respected. TBj did not discriminate in humane acts even core nothern Muslims admired him because he portrayed the very message of christ in the beatitudes.

Back to your comment. If mainstream GO s disapproved him and the biblical standard approved him. then their opinions don't count in validating him.

The very fact that you appear to be benevolent does not portray you to be a true Christian.
The Muslim appears to be benevolent. When you go to the north, you see alhaji and the rest giving alms does it mean they know christ?

You can't mention Christianity in Nigeria without acknowledgement of the effect of missionaries from Scotland etc.
You have to acknowledge the Catholics, methodist etc
You have to acknowledge Samuel Crowther etc when you mention anglican.
When it comes to pentecostal movements then you won't fail to acknowledge Joseph Babalola,Sydney Granville Elton before the modern Benson Idahosa etc.

You are an offsprings of ur parents. You can't just springforth without an impact from someone. That's how it flows

The very fact that the father's of faith disapproved him remains a mistry to Christiandom.

Finally, Joshua said he got born again from his mother's womb this put a lot of questions to his claim

Religion / Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 004gist: 9:38am On Mar 17
stephenponti:

They are not different in ministry priority (healing).
Non of the father's of faith identified with TB Joshua that says a lot unlike Idahosa that his name still ring bell in the pentecostal arena.
Religion / Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 004gist: 9:18am On Mar 17
Don't compare TB Joshua with Idahosa please
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:41am On Mar 17
Beress:

Come back home or you stop discouraging others

No one is discouraging anyone. If you u want to come please come. You can just pay ur first deposit of let's say 3k pounds n get CAS , do POF get visa approved. Then take the next flight here with no other money on you n no dependant while hoping to work n pay your fees

Let's see how it played out.. The best way to learn a lesson is first hand experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71