Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 26 pages)

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:05pm On Feb 01
Mcslize:

Linus Zumba. You no dey any abroad. Stop the lie. If not you won't sound like this to the guy that said they brought doughnut for them. Stop the broad day light lie. We know you guys. These are the anti-japa team. Stop disguising claiming to be living in the U.S.
Why will someon be anti Japa.
Can you give one reason
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 7:52pm On Feb 01
scally11:
When I hear strange story of people abroad advising other people not to come and they stay there without travelling back I knew that human wickedness to human is real. I once told one friend of mine that instead of advising me not to come abroad make himself come back to naija. Nobody said abroad is paradise but its worth it over a billion times compared to staying put in naija when u are not a politician seeing free money. My only regret is that I should have come a long time ago until recently. Now I can work, plan myself , no fear of kidnapping or police brutality. I never even see gun here. I never see any military self but crime rate is minimal. Make una still dey pray to God to save Nigeria as if na God cause am. When people vote in bad leaders they will now be expecting miracle that God can use him to change the country. Nigerians will plant mango and be praying to God to turn it to apple.

They might be telling u the gospel truth.. Especially those that came through study route.

My brother you won't understand until you land.

But if you can come through skill visa where a company employed you here from Nigeria then it's fine.

Like u come to a country where to rent house is a problem once u don't have a job. Imagine spending 2000 pounds on Airbnb before securing a house.

It takes years to stabilise through study rout... Like I spent 30m through this means. I am hanging n my visa is almost expiring. I have not yet achieved my aim not to talk of recouping my expenses.

Lastly those that did travel immediately after the covid 19 lots had success stories.

1 Like

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 7:24pm On Feb 01
Dennisochampa:
E be like me and u dey the same shoes Sha...
I lived like a king in 9ja...
Now, na one room apartment me and my wife dey stay for Europe because we have to start from the scratch here..... But God dey..... People wen deh make am no get 2 heads... We sef go succeed... The land go favor us
Back in Nigeria I have 4 houses and end up selling two to raise funds.. All the money don blow into whirlwind. angry I hate when people come here to spew thrash.

Yes people make it outside Nigeria but bro you need mor funds to get u stabilise over there.

It's as if you starting afresh and now u are running against time cos your visa might expire if you don't get certain sponsors.

So let's tell our self the truth.

If UK can be like this then how will Italy be, how will Spain, Portugal etc be? Cos I have seen people came from those areas into UK mostly in my local church here
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 7:17pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

You dont need any agent. The internet is there now to see how everything is in a country before you leave. Whats the job market like, how easy is it to transition to a permanent resident after my studies. What skills are in demand where I am going. What language do they speak and can I start learning it. All these can be done without any agent.

Dont you know that there are foreign agent on nairaland here who swt mouth or hype institution just like we have techno, infinix agents?
They don't ask for money from u but give u an impression to go to certain institutions. They are hired by this so called countries to scout for students

The same way apc have agent here who hype the party

4 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 7:11pm On Feb 01
Scholace:
The few people i know abroad are doing better than 95% of Nigerians. There are lots of family in Nigeria that would have die of hunger and starvation if not for their siblings, uncle, aunties abroad helping them. The remittance from abroad alone to Nigeria is miles ahead of our national budget. 8 of every 10 standard houses in my own area are owned by the diasporans. I wouldn't advise those doing very fine in Nigeria to abandon everything and go start afresh though. I think abroad should be for those striving to survive in Nigeria, if they have the means to go, they shouldn't think it twice before leaving. Nonetheless, people doing pretty fine relocate not basically for economic reasons but probably for security, quality education, healthcare et al

I am only advising people not to get deceived by what they see online or hear. Experience is the best teacher. That your friend that Japa yesterday showing u fine fine pictures you might not know the real picture.

Again anyone telling u he or she travels not necessarily for job might be a very high class person in Nigeria. That have investment spinning millions for him or her each month.

Like where I stay I pay 1.5 million in a month. Just a small space. Other expensive places goes time two of that amount.

Not to talk about tax, they tax your income, send council tax to you every three month, send you gas bills, heat, bills etc converting this in naira every month is not easy.

So one primary reason most people travel is to sustain their self through jobs and by extension give their children good healthcare, security....

1 Like

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:59pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

Thats Uk, Uk isnt the only country in the world. Other European countries are there but you chose UK. It is nobody's fault. Anyone choosing Uk should have the financial muscle to finish everything.

Na so many people make mouth while I was in Nigeria.. Just step foot in UK and see everything transformed. Agents and swt mouth talker... They are now saying same thing for Portugal, Spain etc.

Please people should watch before jumping and at least keep 1 year rent and expenses before moving

3 Likes

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:52pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

To be honest its very hard to leave Nigeria now. Imagine when the naira is now exchanging 3000 naira to a dollar. As bad as it is, I wont advise anyone to migrate without planning it well. If its school, pay all your tuition from Nigeria. Have at least 6 months to a year worth of rent and living expenses down to avoid regret and complaints.

Now you have come.. How many people making mouth above can afford 40 million naira cos to school in UK now paying ur fees.... Will cost u 45 million naira minimum.

Am just concerned so that people that have 10m in their account or have just one building to just sell it for the unknown.

Families are breaking apart here for this same reason

1 Like

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:50pm On Feb 01
Scholace:
The question you should ask yourself was "how many Nigerians get well paid job? Very very few. Besides, people migrate for different reasons. Some don't want to be kidnapped or got killed by bandits. Some don't want to end their lives in our death trap road. I can always go on and on

Hah bro or sister with out a well paid job as in a job that is constant... Full time job you can't survive here like stay comfortably.

Unless you have billions of Naira to exchange.

You pay for gas, heat, water electricity and house rent. My house rent is like 1.5 million per month excluding other bills.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:47pm On Feb 01
lastkingsman:

Did you go with dependent? Because 30m is so high

With dependant.
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:38pm On Feb 01
ogbonti:

NO MIND THEM - I have a cousin who was working in UNION Bank those days and had a nice car and lived in a well furnished self contained apartment in Lagos was doing OK at least - had a pretty babe he loved so much- they looked like twins and were so inseparable and she had a job too at chain store ----- he sold everything to go to the UK now he is selling ogbolor and ewedu as server in an African Restaurant in the Peckam area --- he was hiding inside toilet when he saw his former colleague (who came for holidays in the UK From Nigeria) come eat in the restaurant he is working as a steward --- guy confessed to me he felt like taking his life -even his babe he left in Nigeria to JAPA is now happily married to another man, as he showed me their wedding pictures from facebook - MONEY HIM NO GET - BILLS WON KILL AM --- LOVE LIFE ZERO -- PAPER HIM NO GET -- ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW - make ona use ona sense about this JAPA matter - the grass is always greener on the other side- a word they say is enough for the wise ------ think everything well - dont JAPA on impulse ooo - e get why hmmmmmm angry angry angry angry

See I have seen lecturers, bankers, engineers,, nurses, who sold houses, lands cars etc but still like a year now no job... Like I have discussed with them on one on one. We shared gist and they voice their frustration and only hope it gets better some day here.

Some families are fighting saying to each other na u make me leave my job come.

Am not saying this to those who wishes to travel but no fund. Mam talking to those millionaires that might think of selling their house not to try it.

Please if you are reading this please don't sell ur house.

And if u must travel have skills like carpenter, joiner, welder, plumber this skills we look down on in Nigeria and get certification to in that field to back it up

7 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:25pm On Feb 01
headboyprince:
which illusion are you talking about? and who said they aren't challenges everywhere.. can you compare the challenges over there to what is currently in Nigeria. just close your mouth if you have nothing better to say

My brother she or he is actually right until I came before I believed.

See a lots of families that relocated last year or two are stranded. Like stranded having exhausted their funds. This are people that sold cars, houses, land and earning over 1m here in Nigeria... Combine salary of wife and husband..
I my self I have spent almost 30m via education rout if given just half of that money now... I swear I go return back.

Please don't allow anyone sell Hollywood movies to u.

The only time I will say come is when a company employed u and do ur visa.. What they called skilled visa. Once u land they start paying. Other than that my brother I have seen a lot here.

11 Likes

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:19pm On Feb 01
ogbonti:

no mind them - i am not against anyone japa - at least its good to go see for yourself the paradise on earth you think you are missing out on by living in Nigeria - and experience they say is the best teacher - but I hate it to the marrow of my bones seeing people lie here about the same abroad - USA for that matter that I have lived in almost 30 years of my life - haba angry

People go just de scattered lies everywhere.... Like play like play I don spend 30m in UK with no result.

Please and please don't listen to anybody and leave ur well paid job please

1 Like

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:14pm On Feb 01
Dennisochampa:
Don't envy o..
The cold alone is a reason to be depressed and if u no get means of survival for the first few months.... E don be for you be that...
The only difference between abroad and 9ja is that the system here is working....
In terms of food and weather and cost of living... 9ja beat abroad hands down......
So if you have a job that pays well in 9ja and you can live comfortably and still have some to save.... Broz I suggest you stay in 9ja...
Im speaking from experience

Thanks you. U said it it all.
People just come online to deceive people to sell their houses, leave their well paid jobs and venture into the unknown.

I made this mistake and I am regretting right now.

Please if you have a well paid job. Please and please remain in Nigeria

5 Likes

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:09pm On Feb 01
Bigajeff:
If you have the opportunity, Japa without any apology to anyone, the more you delay, the more exchange rate will continue to kill your dream because you are paying higher for your japa processing. Make sure you chose a sure path, you will never regret. Invest yourself for the rest of people at home. Period!

I know families that are almost parting ways because of this lines.
Please and please Japa comes with its own challenges and it's extremely expensive and one must think very well and be tactful before a step.

You must have funds to keep you a year or 2 ... And this runs into thousands of pounds.

I mean families sold houses, cars, left jobs and they are here fighting.... Na u say make i leave Nigeria. I am not telling u super story this is true life story.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:02pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and [b]internet bills here are even lesser than in Nig[/b]eria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.

Please be truthful don't mislead people
I pay over 70 pounds for gas, over 100 pounds for electricity.

Please let's me truthful.

When it comes to Japa we made if fancy but never allows people to see the true cost of Japa and the exact cost of settling down is another stuff all entirely.

8 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 5:53pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

Even outside Nigeria it is not as easy as you think.
Like for an example I know people who sold houses, left well paid jobs but are stranded over here.

Even my self after japaying with millions of Naira I still de hand with one leg...
Money don't grow on tree anywhere even jobs are not easier to see. The ones available they are asking for skills that comes with experience in the country u migrated to.

Just think ahead how to mitigate the current crisis and if you have money to japa abeg be extremely careful. Don't allow any body swt mouth it for u.. Before throwing that money in ocean.

Unless in a situation where the company hired you direct from Nigeria, helps processes your visa then u start working instantly other than this... It's thougher out there than you imagine

We must all join hand to vote good leaders, changes the narrative of this country even if its through revolution

9 Likes

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:01am On Jan 23
Mindlog:

Look into part time roles as a residential children support worker with NO EXPERIENCE though I know it is very hard to get but if you get it, the sailing would get smoother.

OK thanks.

I have been applying for dormicilliary care with no experience. Care support with no experience etc
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 9:43pm On Jan 22
heykims:
This space unlike last year is very scanty. Guys have deserted UK.

The story of no job, the high exchange rate, the no dependant. So people should keep their money or look elsewhere that are cheaper.. Eastern Europe etc.

Actually the job issue.
I have been applying since 5 days now.
Cleaning position, care, warehouse
The only response I got from a recruiter on cleaning and he asked for DBS I sent. Said he only need someone staying 45 minutes to the location after giving him my post code.
Watin concern am if I stay just one hour. My own is it not to come to do clearning by 8am which I can wake up 5:30am even if it's snowing and leave by 10am daily. Which in one hour I should be there.

I just tire.. I sleep on indeed than reading my books Walahi

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 7:11pm On Jan 18
TWoods:

The point you are assiduously refusing to admit - your indication that you have full fees and did not need to resort to work and pay your fees was the very basis for your visa being approved. How then do you blame the school for a bait and switch?

I said pass me man. Stop quoting me.

We aren't in the same class or level.
See your mouth like full fees... Where can you work to raise 40 million plus in Nigeria.

Do you understand what you are saying? Full fees+ living expenses plus others fees is above 40 million.

It's like you are from a wealthy family... Can I send my account so you lend me money... Yeye de smell

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 10:50am On Jan 18
TWoods:

The laissez-faire attitudes of you and the OP are why more than 90% of Nigerians will remain below the poverty line for decades to come. Those Brits didn't build their country by lying on immigration forms and justifying it by saying everyone does it.

Go back and read the post again..
I was referring to Nigerians who don't have the full fees but will work n pay their fees.

I know you are from a super high rich home so just read and pass. u must not comment on all threads just read n pass

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 10:48am On Jan 18
Kennyliga112:
yes I know , Takking about the new payment plan now.
The new payment plan now na die
Nigerians from humble background who wish to work n pay should please avoid

Even though you have a dependant who works full time it's hard to meet this payment plan

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 4:43pm On Jan 17
Taal17:

It's not vilifying
The UK visa process requires you to prove that you have full funds for housing and school fees. That's the basis for you getting approved the visa.
That's what the school expects you to have.
You can not then blame a school for changing it's payment plan when you arrive.. university is well within their rights to do so. Even Nigerian universities don't accept payment plan you pay upfront

Education is a business...it fails when it's run on 'credit'

The risk any intl student in the UK takes when they do not have full funds for school and housing is what the OP is facing.

That risk has now become an issue and consequences follow. That's life.

Pls note that for German student visa that money you claim you have would be in a block account that you can not do abracadabra and run it.

That being said lessons have been shared... hopefully others use this make better choices or not.

Oga if you don't have meaningful contribution then face front... Rich kids.
I know your father is tinubu with stolen government funds.

Come to Nigeria and work n safe 40million naira for education

We are the ones who knows where we are coming from and has vowed to change the narrative.

Even Indians work to pay school fees.
Why are they running away when they said no dependant?

Rich children ... You don't know what we saw in trenches

2 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 4:41pm On Jan 17
Welcomme:
Aside from the deposit I paid from Nigeria, I haven't paid anything here. I have £6k balance to pay. We are to pay 2500 by February, then another £2.5k by June then 1k by August. I plan to pay them 4k by this February so I can't be left with 2k...

I applied to more than 10 uni. Almost all gave me admission. I had to weigh my options considering school fees and payment plan.

See flexible payment plan.. My God. embarassed
How much is the total fee?
Same with hull. Someone I know hasn't paid anything since they arrived from Nigeria and they are still breathing fresh air.

University of Edinburgh same thing.

Each night I cry my eyes out. Why did I chose this school for God's sake
I actually paid 4500 from naira with black market then another 4000 here with black market.
Chai which amounts to over 13 million naira

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 4:01pm On Jan 17
Welcomme:
I got admission to the school (London campus) but it was too expensive for me even though I was given the course I wanted Thank God, I gave myself brain and went for Ulster. At least no much pressure with their payment plan and they have kept to their payment plan promise.
I regretted everything I am telling you. The pressure is not here.. Thanks Your God u rejected them.

How many payment plan did your school gave you

1 Like 1 Share

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 3:10pm On Jan 17
Jorussia:
I think its wrong to vilify u for something over 90% of Nigerian students in the UK is guilty of.

Dont mind him.
Even civil servant won't be able to save that funds throughout their 35 years of service.

How many people have 40million in their bank account in Nigeria?

Cos before you school in the UK you should have 10k pounds living expenses, 14k school fees, plus other fees, visas etc then put it at 26000 times 1600 =41 million.
The only option is to get 60% then work and fund the rest...
Indians, Chinese, Bangladesh etc are all here working more than Nigerians. Talk about factory work give it to the Indians etc.

That's what they use to pay their fees.

Why are Indians running away when UK banned dependent?

4 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 2:44pm On Jan 17
justwise:

The example you gave got nothing to do with this case.

This is case of fraud right from visa application, some Nigerians are not smart, Nigerian is hard no doubt but you put together the little you have and pay to the school and the embassy then came to the UK empty handed with no money to survive so as to benefit from all you have spent.

Running around for jobs, unable to attend lectures, no peace of mind and at the end you are likely to be sent home and your visa curtailed.

How foolish!!

MVGv man... Coming to UK with 20 million is it empty hand. You winning like a baby.

The post is not directed at you rich kid....

The post was not directed to Nigerians who like you who have full 35 to 40million but to Nigerians who 70 it 50 pay% but would work and pay the rest..

Thousands have done it and thousands are still doing it across Europe with no default. Allow it to gently sink in your skl

6 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 2:43pm On Jan 17
AfahaAbia:

The problem with most Nigerians is that they hardly do any research..This is always the end result "regrets"

Which research are u talking about.

I have people going there as stated they changed their payment stuff suddenly.
Paying all fees in just 2 months is not fair.
What they should do is to spread the payment as they have been doing.

I researched, asked a lot of people how they are paying fees and it falls in line to what I can afford given the time gap.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 2:40pm On Jan 17
Kennyliga112:
My wife just graduated from there

Those that graduated from there last year they gave them over 9 installment.
Payment was soft

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 2:39pm On Jan 17
BarrElChapo:

So sorry for your experience but the school is quite top rated at least top 50 in the UK. Hold the forth hopefully there’ll be something good for you after you graduate. All the best champ.

Thanks brother

1 Like

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 8:59am On Jan 17
AfahaAbia:

Ha! You spent that much for that yeye school Very sorry about your experience

Very useless school not even top rated.

I am crying honestly
Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 9:27pm On Jan 16
justwise:

You can not afford to study in the UK but you still went ahead to apply and lie to the embassy, now you are complaining about the school asking for their money.

Oga go and rest when you left Nigeria did you have up to 30 million naira in your account.

I repeat go and rest. And stop quoting

12 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 7:54pm On Jan 16
justwise:

Its possible if only you did not cheat yourself during visa application, so you are paying the price of your dishonesty.

The school is doing nothing wrong.

Oga I said rest... Go and sit down and stop acting like a baby.
How many Nigerians can cough out 37 million naira

I repeat go and sit down and stop quoting me

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.