Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

Politics / Re: Wale Edun’s Company Gets Lucrative Contract Weeks After NSIP Was Moved by 004gist: 8:51am On Mar 16
WeddingParol:
These people and half education always coming out to chest beat on what they dont know.

How does Citigroup becomes Wale Edun's company?

He was an employee with vast expertise who gain the trust of the global management team and was made the chairman for Nigeria.

Go and read about Olagunju of the JPMORGAN, his case is similar.

Who are the people? Common read u won't read

The government also hired Standard Chartered Bank and Lagos-based Chapel Hill Denham as advisers.

Wale Edun, Nigeria's Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, is the founder of Chapel Hill Denham Group

53 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / Re: NIN Registration Centre Spotted In The UK (Video, Pictures) by 004gist: 5:32am On Mar 16
What we need is for mtn, glo, Airtel etc to have a sim recovery/welcome back and registration centre in UK. There are a lot of Nigeria in this country.

My phone was stolen, had to fly all the way to Nigeria to get welcome back because this sim is linked to my banks account. So frustrating

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:59am On Mar 16
Beress:

If this is truly your situation, you won't be on Nairaland

Am owing close to 5k pounds yet am on nairaland
Phones / Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by 004gist: 7:09pm On Mar 15
Justrite007:

Waytin consign Arab with west Africa seems you do not know what you saying

Do u follow news at all
They threatened to cut world connectivity. They had cut the one linking Asian last month.

This network issue affected the whole West African countries
Crime / Re: Hoodlums Invade Anambra Vigilante Office, Set Man On Fire by 004gist: 11:31am On Mar 15
tonicyril:
No, don't leave tinubu out.
grin
Crime / Re: Hoodlums Invade Anambra Vigilante Office, Set Man On Fire by 004gist: 10:24am On Mar 15
grin

tonicyril:
Ahh tinubu should take the blame as usual ooh, ehenn embarassed embarassed

Let's leave tinubu from this as he is handling the economy.. At least economy is favouring all that voted him and their family alone
What about about shitima his vice that says he will handle insecurity?

2 Likes

Phones / Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by 004gist: 8:38am On Mar 15
Incrediblekutty:

The fact that they know it's a cloned fake app and still prefer it to the original makes their character questionable. You won't pull up this same defence if someone had called Tinubu or any government official someone with questionable character

Clone WhatsApp or moulded WhatsApp gives soo many rooms for flexibility that the original one is trying to catch up with..

So there nothing anyone can do about it. It will keep existing till tomorrow
Family / Re: Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. by 004gist: 7:27am On Mar 15
BALLOSKI:
Hope you don stop to de snore

I still de snore gbogbo.
cheesy
Phones / Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by 004gist: 8:55pm On Mar 14
sad
Houthi people at work.

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by 004gist: 8:20pm On Mar 14
Tradepunter2:

Men shut up..... There's no reason or whatsoever to destroy another man's hard work

The way you sound.. Just like a typical agbero.

The same Facebook weh get whatsapp no be them go modified twitter call am thread undecided even when the owner of twitter was complaining that meta employed sacked staffs and offer them high wages to released the source code.

1 Like

Phones / Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by 004gist: 7:38pm On Mar 14
BondRiv:
The official one is there but you will always find people going through the back door. What are you doing with the unofficial one? It is usually people with questionable characters who indulge in such.

This is exactly why the world is a mess. People deviating from the right part.

You can't really judge why people make use of it and u might be wrong for tagging them questionable characters.

Untill you investigate why and found out the reason and why they choose it you can't juts conclude

55 Likes 4 Shares

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:38pm On Mar 14
Loko40:
Thanks for your words of advice with facts.

The reality is that I don't understand the direction of the new laws, reason why I ask the question because I really need a clarification.

The only point I understood perfectly on the list is the age limitations (18) which is not a disadvantage in my case because my children are below the age category.

Those of 2023 cab bring dependant those of 2024 can't
Politics / Re: Abdulaziz Yar’adua Replaces Ningi As Chairman, Northern Senators Forum by 004gist: 3:19pm On Mar 14
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I was even thinking it's the picture of the late Ya'Adua.
No need for DNA.

Come imagine pikin weh our slay queen de born now. U will be doubting in ur mind if the child is urs
And when u demand for DNA them go say u no trust me?.
Those days born pikin u don't need anyone to doubt whose child is the child.

I hardly go to the village but after years I went. People that don't know me immediately they see me they recognised my dad. This is not one or two persons. More than 10 people will just call my father's name

2 Likes

Family / Re: Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. by 004gist: 11:22am On Mar 14
Jocdon:
this is not a joke section pls respect yourself

Life story no joke
Family / Re: Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. by 004gist: 11:07am On Mar 14
Yeye girl who no de snore especially for this hard Buhari and tinubu government.
Some years ago there was a girl introduced to me to marry. We engaged in discussion most often and everything was Clear. Marriage cos I needed to settle down.

One day after work and a stressful day we were gisting and suddenly slept off.. On phone. I guess I snored over the phone cos I woked up and immediately she hanged the phone and I calld back she said I should sleep tomorrow..

After that day she hardly pick call and one day she called and said hmmm I guess this marriage will not work it's not the will of God

Moved on.. Today I don marry born pikin full ground and children don grow finish . Sister still de single till today

Last month I called I chatted her hello grin cos I noticed she do view my WhatsApp... Especially when I upload my children photos. And now weh I come relocate my family to abroad .cheesy

149 Likes 8 Shares

Family / Re: Woman Enjoys At An Eatery With Her Children, Maid Sits Unattended To (Photo) by 004gist: 3:13pm On Mar 13
thesicilian:
First we all know that a single picture never tells the full story.

The person who snapped the pic for social media could as well have bought food for the maid. Nobody minds their business nowadays. You'll just snap pics of private family time and put online

Watch the video on Facebook u will cry. That woman is a devil Chai.
I don't know why some women chose to be this evil

1 Like

Family / Re: Woman Enjoys At An Eatery With Her Children, Maid Sits Unattended To (Photo) by 004gist: 3:12pm On Mar 13
If she tries this in UK she will be in jail.
Even her own kids will be taken from her by the government

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 3:42am On Mar 13
moshuur:

Those in nigeria don't know d struggles here especially for students (far worse for someone without dependent that still has to raise money for tuition).

We go dey okay...we don dey here, we don dey here .

I use to think like that not until I left.
So it's normal. I used to see people arguing that it's better to be homeless in abroad than having a house in Nigeria.
Most of them av not left the shores of Nigeria but just want to have the feeling which is normal but after that reality sets in. Then you know khaki no be leather.
That's why thy said experience is the best teacher.

These statements pissed me off

Stop discouraging others.
Come back make other person replace u
Stop advising us from there
If u can survive in Nigeria u can survive there.

the latest now on ground is home office revoking care COS license on mass

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:09am On Mar 12
Allschoolsinfo:
Good day everyone, please who paid tuition fees in any UK university in recent time, these are the options avail to me by the school, do you think paying Naira equivalent with Visa or flutterwave option safe?

Paying in naira doesn't work.
You are just seeing it there but it can't work

But pounds n dollar works

1 Like

Politics / Re: FG Fails To Begin Distribution Of 42,000 Metric Tons Of Grains by 004gist: 8:34am On Mar 11
Which grain? Nigerian government don't have food banks anywhere. From state to federal.

Are they going to steal grains from neighbouring countries

faceland:
If you drop a nuclear bomb on Nigeria and give it to a whiteman, in 10 years he would turn it to a superpower in Africa.

Germany was reduced to ashes during the ww2.All infrastructure destroyed by bomb. Occupied for years by US and soviet.
But from the dust they rebuild their country within few years to become Europe economic house

6 Likes

Travel / Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by 004gist: 7:57pm On Mar 09
angry
Food / Re: Owl Meat by 004gist: 9:06am On Mar 09
Watin APC government has caused... Chai.

Hardship everywhere
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 11:20pm On Mar 08
Mindlog:

Let her look into roles like children residential support worker with no experience (there are many vacancies) as it is way better than care jobs and opportunity for career growth.

"With UK experience " tongue

Fixed

Below is a response from a recruiter. When I saw he rejected him self... I had to refer someone I know who is a registered nurse.. Midwife see his response.

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:12am On Mar 08
Godslove124:
A friend of mine got admission in Northumbria university, Newcastle. but the funny thing is she hasn’t received an official offer letter yet or the next step to take. She doesn’t know the initial deposit deadline and all those stuff. She only got a mail telling her that she has been offered admission which she has accepted on her applicant portal.

Please who has experienced such omission before. Thanks family

Hope she has all her fees? Cos immediately she gets to the school she will be asked to pay her fees up to 50% at enrollment, although they might give her one month to do that.

Then after that. They will give her 2 more months to pay 100% of her fees.

Or is she not hearing what's happening in northumbria at the moment?

Northumbria school fees is 19,000 pounds 1 year and 22,000 pounds 2 year.

I beg your pardon, there are still cheaper schools like pbb, York at St John, hull etc that takes just 11k or 12k.

Unless she has her money to spend.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:16am On Mar 08
Prigozhin:

If I am applying for jobs outside my city should I change my address to that city I am applying to or just leave it. I am based in Leicester and I want to start applying for jobs in Coventry and Birmingham they are not far from Leicester just 45 to 1hr drive respectively.
If its 1hrs away you don't need to change address

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:38pm On Mar 07
Welcomme:
Boss, trainings like?

Forklift, sia, cscs, cran, etc not a guarantee just that it let u apply in restricted areas
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 4:37pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
It's Hull, I don't really know how strict they are.
I can't change to PhD nah.
But can I change to Masters course route to Masters in Research? or it must be that on my visa. If it will be possible to switch to a Research Masters during enrolment then, it may be favorable

Hull aren't strict as at last set of September.. Any changes you are making should be done here before visa
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 3:35pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
you mean all these places you mentioned are worst than other places? which areas are better?

I mean it's hard to get job in this places compared to my side.
Which city are u coming to

As someone mentioned if the school can transfer you to PhD then better as you will be able to come with a man.
Note you can't transfer to another program outside what is stated on your visa. Like changing from master to PhD as u will need to come back to Nigeria first the school knows this rule
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:39pm On Mar 07
Uzzybekee:
Please does any one know of any job opportunity in Bolton, Manchester area?? been months trying to get a job

Can you get some training n certification? This might help a little for you to get into restricted areas where others who don't have the certificate can't go into.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:34pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
I never see husband, nah to show shege..lol.
Truth is I already paid my deposit when currency never go up, now I'm stuck with this current exchange rate.
I don't even know how to do it because my money isn't big to cover up, thinking of going for a refund but I already got my CAS.. I even wrote to the school on possibility of switching to a research, they said it's not possible except during enrolment, which I'm not still sure of.
Post I'm seeing here is giving me high BP

Since you have paid your fees, they have issued you CAS, I don't think they will give a refund.
But generally there is job issues everywhere and since u will land alone no dependant.
All will now depend on the fees balance remaining and also your school instalment payment plan. Ask current student if they disturb them via locking of portal etc. There are few schools that don't for now they are very few as most schools has copied same strategy in getting the student running around for their money.

1 depend on ur school
2 depend on ur fee balance
3 depend on how fast you can be in getting a job.
4 depends on the cities. As we say there are no job there are places that it's more worst. I am in Northeast UK so I can point Middlesbrough, Teeside. I can point hull getting jobs this area is times 2 as this people often go to neighbouring cities looking for job
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:23pm On Mar 07
Prigozhin:

I no fit go back Naija and here sef nothing is moving.

Baba we have come we have come.. We need to struggle to pass this stage. Going back to Nigeria is not an option now.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 9:37am On Mar 07
Gokoyer1401:
Hello boss,

Do you know any cheap schools with 11k-12k pounds school fees offering programmes in Tech field such as Big Data/AI/Data Analytics in UK?

Thanks bro

I don't know bro based on the course but check St John at York, bpp, hull, you can also search for school in Scotland area.
Then check if they offer the course.

For John at York. Data science is
International 2024-25
£11,300
full time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.