Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 26 pages)

Romance / Re: My Girlfriend Told Me She’s A Water Spirit (mami Water) by 004gist: 12:32pm On Feb 12
Pendragon001:
you should thank your stars that you met her, go to elders in your village and ask for certain prayers and offerings you need to make to fully maximize the potentials that your relationship with her offers. put everything on the table from the beginning to let her know where you're going and try as much as possible to faithful to your own conscience.

don't let anyone use religious jingoism or crass naivety to confuse, if your stars align and she is truly what she claims and she loves you, you have everything to gain if you are not the lazy type.

Note: they can be overtly jealous, stubborn and protective, that's why you need to wisely and maturely handle every situation that arises between you.

cheers!!!
The book of Job 39...

9 Will the wild ox consent to serve you?
Will it stay by your manger at night?
10 Can you hold it to the furrow with a harness?
Will it till the valleys behind you?
11 Will you rely on it for its great strength?
Will you leave your heavy work to it?
12 Can you trust it to haul in your grain
and bring it to your threshing floor?
Romance / Re: My Girlfriend Told Me She’s A Water Spirit (mami Water) by 004gist: 12:18pm On Feb 12
Maks27:
She’s a girl I love very much but our relationship hasn’t gone real far . She told me this of recent with evidence for me to know it’s real and true
What do I do?
She said I shouldn’t hurt her that things will go well for me
I need advice from Matured Nairalanders on this matter

File Photo used for Illustration

Whats the evidence. Can you list them
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 7:15am On Feb 10
koyeni:

Yes...i left angrily....the guy kept telling me they can take deposits but i can't withdraw

They want to frustrate everyone
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 9:07pm On Feb 09
armadeo:

I remember the first time I wanted to make an international payment. I went to the bank to make the payment. I wanted to buy the dollars and transfer it via my dom account. They said they needed to see my visa and plane ticket.

I explained I wasn't traveling but needed to pay the sum for a course. It think 500. That time that total money wasn't more than 160k sef.

I was bounced. I was so confused, I called up a friend and he told me to go to the aboki in front of the bank. People I walked past and entered. I went to them, brought one back into the bank bought the dollars from him and paid it into my account for onwards transfer. The same guy who bounced me made the transfer for me.

Just gave up on naija that day.

We know this Nigerian government when it comes to FX... What about the FX they have been getting from sale of crude oil , the ones they are borrowing.
Other sources the government use to earn FX.

All thanks to the aboki that helps us source this funds

1 Like

Politics / Re: Yobe To Buy 2 TVs, 2 Air Conditioners For N300M; N210M For Graveyards, Mosques by 004gist: 6:13pm On Feb 09
Sheuns:
I hope the people of the state can access this information and see how their government is spending their money.

People that are defenseless. Let them protest and see the way the Nigerian military will kill them.

Truee change will come from the central
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 12:37pm On Feb 09
OlujobaSamuel:

Banks get their notes from CBN
No bank prints note, for every FX fund a customer receives, the bank needs to get the fund somewhere for him or her, and the go-to person is the CBN

CBN don't print dollars. Cbn don't have the capacity to receive funds on behalf if customers. The commercial banks has that capacity.
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 12:34pm On Feb 09
VanuatuWycombe:

Ask your governors what they are doing with increased monthly allocations, after subsidy removal.
You can’t expect federal government to be spending its own share of increased monthly allocation on your state when your governor has collected and converted over half of your allocations to dollar.
Nonetheless, you will see positive impact of subsidy removal even though it may be at a slower pace because your governor is not helping matters.

Am not in Nigeria.. I see protest everywhere on TV and it's painful people can't afford the mist basic needs. Food.
And yes am seeing the positive effects of subsidy removal.. At least a paint of garri is now 1900 to 2000 and a bag of rice now 60,000.

I won't ask my governors because it was the same APC they came from. They imposed themselves on us through rigging
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 12:13pm On Feb 09
VanuatuWycombe:

Let them keep it.

If it affects remittances, it affects the sender. Na the sender family no go get money to spend or carry on with the project im dey do back home. Make he hol im dollar.

When im dey go Nigeria and im dey carry more than $10,000 or its equivalence, make im declare am at point of entry and fill a form to state how he take get the money.

The same way you guys jubilated during subsidy removal and also went high during their unification of Naira.

We are watching

. Don't cry when u see the effect
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 11:26am On Feb 09
VanuatuWycombe:

It gets converted into Naira. The interbank settlement is done between our bank and the sender financial institution in Europe. Whoever is owing who who know and the difference is sone through our central banks. All commercial banks in Nigeria have foreign currency accounts with CBN.
The comprehension is beyond what all this SS3, ND, and quarter-baked graduates are commenting here.
Those manning our policies and experienced and wiser than most of people’s papas here.

An unemployed graduate that argues at newspaper stand every morning and goes to bet Naija shop in the evening os faulting CBN policies.
There could me more than 20 ways to solving one problem because every economic or financial problem has its own peculiarities according to countries.
If not because the hardship is too much, there are about 4 or 5 things that could be done by CBN at a time that would, significantly, correct this Naira/Dollar anomalies.
More so, APC wants to win second term in office. So they have got to thread carefully.

When our CBN tries one and the negative they envisage is much than expected, they try another antidote. There is no economy that doesn’t try policies.

Hope it won't affect remittances.
People won't keep their money with them in foreign banks.

1 Like

Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 11:24am On Feb 09
koyeni:

Exactly... those useless banks. I kept on depositing in my account and they were accepting payments. Only to withdraw this morning and i was told there's a restriction on my account to withdraw

From your dormicilliary account?
Did they give any option?
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 10:34am On Feb 09
femicyrus:

Not everyone needs dollar for legit transactions. Some just want to hoard and resell.
Access should be limited to people truly in need of dollars for payment of school fee & importation. Others should settle for Naira. End of story

What about for health.
Well one thing you should know is that the government has failed to satisfy or meet the demands for dollar for payment of school fees, importation, health....

People has to go to aboki to get this fund.

When I wanted to travel for education. I opend the form A.
Till today the form A has not been honoured. I just left the naira there with them when ever they wish to send the money let them do.

Had to go to aboki to get dollar to meet my educational needs.

What happens to all the dollars they get from crude oil?
What happens to all the dollar they get from borrowing.? . Cos they give them this money in dollars.

Until corruption goes away then nothing can work.

1 Like

Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 10:28am On Feb 09
OlujobaSamuel:

I think that's the major fear, but I believe with this, CBN won't give banks fiat FX note again, meaning they won't even have the cash to give the politicians or big men
Cbn does not transact with commercial banks
Cbn does not have that facility rather the commercial banks.
If someon sent you money, the money goes straight into commercial banks
Cbn does not maintain account with foreign commercial banks all over the world.
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 10:25am On Feb 09
VanuatuWycombe:

No dollar is going to bank again for any politician to buy. All remittances coming in would be in Naira. Read the news well.

If someon sent you dollar from Europe where does it go to? End up in cbn vaults?
Business / Re: Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira by 004gist: 7:17am On Feb 09
OlujobaSamuel:
Better, we are getting there

The same politicians will go to the banks and buy the dollars.

How many Nigerians can get access to dollar from the bank. They will frustrate the person with only option to aboki.
If the government can service everyone that comes to the bank then no need to buy from aboki

6 Likes

Sports / Re: South Africa Mocks Nigeria As 'Generator Republic' In New Nationwide Ad (Video) by 004gist: 5:58pm On Feb 08
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 10:37pm On Feb 07
YoobaNesan:
Hi, I'd be glad you send me the telegram link of the arrived UK student you screenshotted.

I want to see/here things by myself before I take a critical decision.
t(.)me/adampedia01 or search @adampedia01 on telegram.
Thanks.

Go to telegraph then search for your school name.. E.g university of hull 2023 etc then u see list then confirm if they are Nigerians.

If you want to know things.. Like watin de xup.. Do as if u are already in hull for a while u haven't seen a job or rather pm someone to let u know what's xuping in that city.

Away from that you can let me know anything u want to know as far as UK is concerned.
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 5:32pm On Feb 07
sweetkev:
How could you earn less than 500 pounds a month. How much do you get paid per hour here in the UK. You just like discouraging people to come here. Why are you people so selfish and wicked to people back home.
Where is the job? Are u not hearing that the one I managed to get gives me 500 pounds per month and I am trying to get another.
Where are u in the UK. Which axis so u connect me to where u are working?

See if you are not prepared from Nigeria before traveling then you go know say kahki no be leather.
When I mean prepare, I mean having enough cash to see you through until you land a job that can sustain u through.
This is not the matter of discouraging anyone.. Am telling u the plain truth.

It Is either u are coming via sponsorship or education. If it's through valid sponsorship that will guarantee u work then fine u have no issue

If it's through education then have at least 45 million in ur account, u have to understand that no more form A. Pounds is now 1900 as against 540 via form A . If you think you can navigate your way with 20 million via Education right now then you are a joker. It's better you use that money to start a poultry farm in Nigeria.
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 1:32am On Feb 07
cbn4main:
So, the whole of February 4, this thread recorded just one post ? This is serious!!. How quickly things change.
Currently, the Oando rate is a whopping N1,613. In mid 2022, it was as low as N490 at a time.

This is a huge lesson about life. Time waits for no one indeed.

grin
Black Market Rate is now 1900.... It cost a minimum of 45 million naira to study in UK now. What used to cost 11 to 12m previous years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Career / Re: Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much by 004gist: 1:31pm On Feb 06
Same way you don't add sir to someone's name.
My lecturer in school told us (Nigerians) to be calling him by his name..

In his word... I have not been ordained by the queen or the king so I don't have that title to my name"

7 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Vandalism, responsible for Recent Grid Collapse by 004gist: 9:20am On Feb 05
Was there ever electricity supply before

1 Like 1 Share

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 11:01am On Feb 04
sweetkev:
How could you earn less than 500 pounds a month. How much do you get paid per hour here in the UK. You just like discouraging people to come here. Why are you people so selfish and wicked to people back home.

If you are in the UK you should know that getting a job as a new migrant is not easy. In a day I get almost 20 unfortunate on indeed.
Job issue is a big issue right now

I said if you are coming through sponsorship that is genuine... Then come no problem cos you start working instantly.
But coming as a student? I won't advise any right now except you have full funds... 45m
Coming through paid sponsorship which us very common, one also need to be careful.
Lastly I am not discouraging any body but telling them the reality on ground and what others are passing through.
Politics / Re: Most Of The Kidnappings You Read Online Are Staged And Fake - Police PRO by 004gist: 9:12am On Feb 03
grin
Yeye de smell.
In the UK once u raised alerm.. Kidnapping,terrorism... Bomb threat... Threat that endanger human life. They treat it as an emergency.

See they don't take threat of anything related to all this as joke they take it seriously and will respond swiftly.

But see watin police oga de talk here

16 Likes

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 1:12pm On Feb 02
headboyprince:
you're still saying the same thing. You spent 30 million on education and can't get a job to earn income in a whole UK? Instead you're crying your funds has finished is it supposed to remain after spending i?

Read all my post and responses.

I earn 800 pounds per month, house rent takes 500 pounds per month, heating and gas, electricity all this takes rough 180 per month.

Am still searching for jobs to see if I could earn higher
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 12:27pm On Feb 02
Gerrard59:

I am curious, why did you japa? Let's start from there.

The same way this article is telling us to do.
When you hear Japa

Let's be honest. The poor can't do that tight now except to Africans countries.
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 10:52am On Feb 02
headboyprince:
#30 million not even up to $30k however, Nigerians on minimum wage cant make #30 million in their life time. but over there you can in less than 2 years make $30k even on minimum wage. and youre saying you're arent lucky?

I made this 30 million by selling my houses in Nigeria and use the funds to Japa.

I didn't make the money here

Now the funds has exhausted and I am still standing on one leg
Politics / Re: Ndume: My Daughter Works At CBN, But I Spoke The Truth About Moving Offices by 004gist: 3:42am On Feb 02
Cbn jobs are for the politicians. Same with NNPC etc

13 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 9:55pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
wow you and your friends spent alot of money's on this japa adventure.

But they say naijas are suffering. But suffering men can cough up 30 million, 20 million, 15 million naira . The narrative is not adding up

90% of those people commenting about Japa can't actually fund it.

British visa and IHS for one year is about 1500 dollars or above. Flight is about 700k above depending on the stop over.

Then the actual means of Japa .. Education or skills? Will determine. If education in the UK then keep 45m. If you are buying sponsorship then keep 15 to 20 upwards.
If you are lucky then you get sponsorship free.

Unless you want to go Togo or African countries or cross's desert. But if UK, Germany, USA Canada it's not for the poor or struggling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 9:36pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
so you owned 4 houses in Nigeria and you sold 2 and japa ? Were you remote controlled ? But you are one of the lucky few because you still have 2 houses left in naija. Why not cut your losses and return home ? What's keeping you there ? You obviously sound like you are in distress over there . What's keeping you there ? Remote control ?

Will I leave my school and return instantly? Lete get certificate.

I am not telling you not to leave Nigeria. But if I tell you the cost of travelling either through skills sponsorship or through education you will say instead I remain in Nigeria.

There is a friend that came through skilled. Spent over 20 million to get (buy) sponsorship still get no job . The company that took him here don't pay him.

Many that got here through care same issues. One no shift since December although that one spend 10m.

But all in all ensure you are dealing with thr right company.... Directly like NHS if you are a nurse or directly to a company owned by a white man and you apply through their website and get response from them
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:49pm On Feb 01
planetx:
You spend N30 million to migrate to the UK? Don't even know what to say.
. Any person that migrated through education last year to UK... With family spent nothing less than 15m to 30m
Those that spent 15m actually rented the reminder of that money while those that spent 30 to 35m went with the true requirements.

Now due to the exchange rate it has gone higher

1 Like

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:45pm On Feb 01
headboyprince:
stupid talk ill rather be in your shoes right now that to be in Nigeria... you even have 30M to spend on education over there and you're complaining what of those that havent seen food to eat in nigeria?
I made the 30milliion in Nigeria not in UK

In fact I own over 4 houses in Nigeria sold 2 before I left

1 Like

Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:42pm On Feb 01
RenaissanceGuy:
They do not pay you in naira, so you have no reason to convert them to naira.

See am helping you guys see the reality.
I stay in a 500 pounds house, I earn less than 800 pounds we month .
Been searching for more job but it's not as easy as you thought.

I don't know if its the timing or anything.

Please don't see me as an enemy
Travel / Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:09pm On Feb 01
IbeOkehie:

Yeah the Anti-Japa Crew is in hiding. They're the main reason I joined Nairaland. Bunch of jokers. Who can forget their advice?

Don't migrate because your mother might die. Abroad you must borrow for every significant purchase, you will NEVER pay off your house mortgage. UK is nowhere as good as it used to be, every Nigerian in UK is suffering.

Don't move to USA because you'll never be able to save ₦10million and of course my fav...will you take your whole family...they will remain and suffer with everyone else in Nigeria.

grin grin grin

The kinds of things I'm hearing from Nigeria these days. Imagine you can't get your cash from a bank without paying a bribe to bank staff. Ordinary ₦100K !!! Middle class people abandoning their cars just like it happened back in 1984.

Let the Anti-Jakpa Crew remain there dishing out advice on countries they've never visited.

Good Luck to Nigerians grin

What means are you using to Japa?
Education? Think twice... And have all necessary funds 100% plus living expenses 1 year upfront....this cost you 45m if UK and might be more for Australia, USA, Canada.

But for skilled like a company or hospital employed you then do your visa stuff then travel and start earning.... Better.
Please and please even that guy u quoted will be the one to call u names once u failed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.