Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

0hsisi's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0hsisi's Profile / 0hsisi's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 46 pages)

Romance / Re: Where Are The Quality Single Nigerian Men Hiding? by 0hsisi: 2:32am On Aug 22, 2010
Ladyjide:

I guess you live in Nigeria- as well, Your response is expected!

How condescending!
Is there some special advantage attached to you because you live in the US
Rubbish!
Romance / Re: Where Are The Quality Single Nigerian Men Hiding? by 0hsisi: 2:29am On Aug 22, 2010
davidylan:

take your own advice then. see your response to ohsisi.

What stops your husband from moving from nigeria to live with you here? it happens all the time. What stops you from moving over to nigeria or perhaps europe to be with your husband? You need a man YET you want it all on your own terms? good luck searching.

I say no mind am
let her do yanga now
By the time she clocks 30 with no serious man in sight ,she'll change by force.
If you see how these American born Naija girls  and their parents rushed some single guys who came from Naija for  a kporakpo convention fear go catch you.
Men were seriously trying to introduce their daughters.
Culture / Re: Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 0hsisi: 2:15am On Aug 22, 2010
hackney:

Ndi oma ekelee m unu.
Obu nwa afo kara aka na ekele.
Ndi chukwu goziri agozi.
unu ga na ejeje na abata abata.
Cheta nu ; o nuru ube nwanne agbala oso.
ngwa gaa nu n'iru

E kele kwa m gi nwanne m nwoke
Onwu ike abughi nke umu Igbo
Chineke gozie kwa gi otu oma i si we gozie anyi
Jehovah na di ndu

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yH8aJP_Exc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"><[/flash]
Romance / Re: Where Are The Quality Single Nigerian Men Hiding? by 0hsisi: 2:07am On Aug 22, 2010
davidylan:

lol am i glad my gf doesnt think like you.

To be honest, the above is one reason i stayed quite clear from nigerian women born here . . . the idea that you trying to date them is automatically because you need a visa is just annoying. I remember once my dad asking if i would get married before i finished school and i was adamant i'd want to make my own way first before thinking about marriage. The last thing i want is some silly snob thinking she can hold the blue passport over your head.

Don't mind them
a lot of them are approaching early 30's with no prospects
By the time they wake up at 35,they will be looking for a Mexican and they won't find
Islam for Muslims / Re: Muslim Wedding Dresses by 0hsisi: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2010
kanmi22:

I dnt know. Why?

since many Muslim men end up marrying more than one wife,I was asking,if he found someone else he fancied too ,can he wed both of you together
Culture / Re: Is It Ok To Serve Only Foreign Food In Nigerian Weddings In America? by 0hsisi: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
Then swallow your garri and Ogbono soup at home before attending these weddings
Leave people to serve whatever they want at their weddings
longer throat.
Family / Re: Accussed and Detained For Stealing, Free At Last..... breaking news by 0hsisi: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2010
hackney:

The truth is that nobody here knows what really happened.
After all , people can make up fantastic stories that feel like the truth.
(especially when they are in a situation where they think they will be believed and they are desperately poor)

Can anyone here tell me that they can swear on their life that: this woman from a wretched home did not steal any money from the man's shop?.
Its unfortunate about the jail-baby but the pregnancy could have given the poor girl guts.
We dont know.
We weren't there.

The girl claims she gave the money to the gateman who has been  at large since then
Assuming she even stole money,the sexual violation against her cancels whatever she did
Which sane country would leave a 17 year old in jail for months without a trial?

Now that Fashola has her released, a paternity test should be carried out and if the baby belongs to Nadum,he should be charged with r.ape amongst other things and punished accordingly.

1 Like

Islam for Muslims / Re: Muslim Wedding Dresses by 0hsisi: 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2010
Can the husband marry 2 or 3 women at the same time?
Culture / Re: Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 0hsisi: 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ndewo nu o
longest time
Family / Re: Accussed and Detained For Stealing, Free At Last..... breaking news by 0hsisi: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
The saddest would be if no one comes to bail this girl out or no relative to take the baby and she loses the baby.
That would devastate her even more
As it is now,that baby is about all she has in this world
I really do feel like crying.grown
I was already grown and married when I had my babies,I cannot imagine a teenager,all alone,pregnant,in jail with absolutely no support.
This world is unfair to the downtrodden.

Does anyone know any agencies in Nigeria that can handle cases like this.We need to write letters ,do something to help.
Family / Re: Accussed and Detained For Stealing, Free At Last..... breaking news by 0hsisi: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
Such a sad story
Poverty is almost like a curse,Please God let this never be my portion or that of anyone who trusts in you.
What else could make a man give out his young daughter to a fellow man as a house help knowing fully well that his wife was away?
What was he thinking?
Didn't he know he was just giving him a girl to take advantage of sex.ually?
May God punish that Nadum man
Family / Re: Couple Held For Killing House Help by 0hsisi: 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
May that couple receive whatever the law hand out to them.That should serve as a warning to all these wicked souls maltreating children in their care.
Why would you take other people's kids starve,beat and chain them .Animals are not even treated in that manner
Romance / Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by 0hsisi: 4:14am On Aug 19, 2010
@ the poster
Take this as an advise from an aunt or elder sister who has been married a while.
When people show you who they are,please take them for who they are
This man at courtship has given you a taste of what to expect in marriage
You are already miserable before walking down the aisle and you expect marital bliss
Most marriages that broke down along the way started with 2 people who were crazy in love with each other and this one is already shaky before it began.
I advise you to flee !!
I guarantee you,you'll never be good enough for this man and you'll die trying,this is your perfect opportunity to gerrout.
No body should have the power to make you miserable.

what to do

1.Call him,tell him you're not comfortable with all the pressure he's putting on you and that he ought to give you some time to think things through ( a humane way to say,"get lost"wink don't allow him to manipulate or sweet talk you,practice your responses to his nice gestures,too late,don't give him a chance,insist on your initial stand and don't spend too much time on that phone call.
Pass on the relevant information and say goodbye.

Meanwhile

[b]2.[/b]Put yourself back in the market and hopefully a man will come along who loves you for who you are not for what  he's expecting you to be.
A size 12 or 14 can be sexy.
Get clothes that look good on you ,carry yourself with confidence,the men will will come at your feet.

Wish you the best
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:56am On Aug 18, 2010
chika98:

^^ I am yet to see a fit oyibo woman rocking the native wear.
Most of em I've seen are lipsrsealed

complete the sentence na
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:44am On Aug 18, 2010
davidylan:

no problem, her ikebe can carry more than a wrapper sef.

Then I give my blessings
Have you carried wine to her people yet?
Oh
I forgot oyibo no dey carry wine
na wetin dem dey carry sef,someone help
Have you carried hamburgers to her family? lol
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:41am On Aug 18, 2010
oyinda.:

methinks d girl is chika98 wink

I pray so
wrapper will good great on her
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:39am On Aug 18, 2010
davidylan:

i've hinted them to start preparing the marriage wrapper already. too late.  grin

marriage wrapper ke ?
Don't you know somebody needs Ikebe to balance the wrapper well for body
Can you carry expensive lace and tie around an iroko tree
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:27am On Aug 18, 2010
chika98:

Dead! grin grin
davidylan:

why not?  grin As long as she's a woman abi.

abeg no
have you told them back home
call your mom and hear what she says
biko start looking for another jor
I disapprove of her

BTW david is that you in your profile?
My brother is handsome o
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:21am On Aug 18, 2010
davidylan:

my sister, you no follow me talk "about time"?

we thank God then.
I hope it's not a white girl sha
Romance / Re: Have U Ever Sang To Ur Lover Before? by 0hsisi: 2:17am On Aug 18, 2010
david ,you don get lover?
Religion / Re: 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness by 0hsisi: 12:43am On Aug 18, 2010
That woman doesn't look 60 to me
She looks 45 max
Religion / Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2010
Those thinking the Muslim students said a couple of hail marys on her behalf should think again
They acted like typical Muslims to this provocation.
I condemn the lady and her actions but Muslims will always be Muslims.They don't even need to be provoked to go off and here this woman played into their hands.
She is lucky to be alive.
Religion / Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2010
[size=24pt] Muslim Students Paralyse University Of Ibadan Over Student Preacher[/size]-PM News, Lagos

By Gbenro Adesina/Ibadan

Muslim students of the University of Ibadan, UI, this morning paralysed activities during a protest against the institution’s refusal to expel a part four law student, Miss Seun Olubunmi Adegunsoye who preached gospel in the school mosque last Friday.
   A[size=16pt]degunsoye of Mountain of Fire and Miracle Church, according to reports, preached at the mosque last Friday to the Muslim faithful.

While she was preaching, the Muslim students mobilised themselves, attacked the lady and beat her mercilessly.[/size]

The school’s security men rescued her and took her away for questioning.
   Sources saidhe institution’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Olufemi Bamiro, appealed to the Muslim students not to foment any trouble, promising that the issue would appropriately investigated.

However, the Muslim students went haywire when they found out that the institution’s bulletin which was released this morning did not report the incident and the punishment the school authority has meted out to the preacher.

The students who barricaded all the entrances leading to the premier university and carried placards prevented both academic and non-academic staff from gaining access into the school this morning.

Among the inscriptions written on their placard were: “No to terrorism. No religion should be allowed to terrorize us in our country”; “We will not take any unreligious act from any religious group”; “We will do everything possible to protect our religion”; “We will not accept insult from any religion”; “Olubunmi should be expelled from UI because she has done what is wrong”; “Olubunmi should be arraigned before a court of law for preaching in the mosque”.

According to a leaflet signed by a student called Almin, they demanded that Adegunsoye be expelled from the school and charged to court.
   Other demands include: Investigating religious leaders behind the lady, carry out medical examination on the lady to find out whether she is mentally sound, ban Christians from preaching in public places in the school, and punish anyone who facilitated her release from the school security net.

Official reaction from the institution could not be sought as at the time of filing this report but it was gathered that the VC would address the press later in the day.
   The school’s PRO, Mrs. Joke Akinpelu who was on leave, rushed down to see what was happening but she was also prevented from entering the school.

Her words, “I can’t say anything now because I am on leave but I have called the VC who will later address the press. As you can see, I can’t even enter but I will see if I can jump the fence to enter the premises and see how we can bring the situation under control.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page, -pm-news-lagos
Fashion / Re: Show Off Your Favorite Things by 0hsisi: 1:29am On Aug 17, 2010
favorite thing

Religion / Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Now that juju has entered the thread , grin
Travel / Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by 0hsisi: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
cold:

@ Ohsisi i think the ticketing officer must have had a 'Steven Slater' moment.Haven't flown AF before & judging frm the responses here,i don't think i'm willin to try.Stick to my Lufthansa & haven't had any cause to regret

LOL
I have since kept away.
Currently I only fly delta, the sky miles and direct flight to Naija without stopping at Europe are my attractions
I also hear they have area boys and girls as flight attendants but I haven't had any problems so far.
Travel / Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by 0hsisi: 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

people are HUMAN before all, just because we are paid to do our jobs, doesnt mean that anyone can just come and throw their shiit day in and day out without one of the agents finally snapping.
everyone can snap, its all down to how far they were pushed. it happens in all walks of life where people have to deal with (sometimes) too demanding customers.
passengers take their anger on checking agent while THEY (the checking agent) have absolutely NOTHING to do with the overbooking itself.

here is a clue: if you and your husband would have said OK after being told that you couldnt board due to overbooking and left it at that then this incident wouldnt have happened. there is only very little the checking agent can do anyway.
here is a flight with 300 or so available seats and 400passengers, what exactly do you expect that single person to do for you (instead of explaining the situation) while dealing with 50 other passengers as pissed as you?!

where did you read the reason why my husband was attacked ?
I never divulged the reason so from where are you pulling up your theorems?

below was part of my post

On one of the trips,they overbooked for the return flight and some passengers were left stranded [b]then [/b]at Charles De Gaulle, a ticketing agent pushed my husband and challenged him to a fisticuff while he asked simple questions.

I never mentioned that I was stranded and couldn't board from Naija.
I said some passengers

"Then" in the first sentence shows there were two different incidence being cited.
Don't make this about me please
I merely gave my own views about the airline, why you decided to latch on my response beats me
Religion / Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
na_so:

Abeg make we hear word. What the lady did was bad but i think  this is being blown out of proportion. Expel wetin abeg make una relax.

She can be suspended and cautioned. If a moslem did that in a church, like "ALAH IS THE WAY, YOUR PASTOR IS DECIEVING YOU"  the reaction will not come anywhere close to what we are seeing here.

Please sharap!
Muslims have done worse in Nigeria and caused havoc the whole world over
They have killed people in Churches and while they slept at night
[b]By Jove,Muslim Sunnis and shittes hack each other down with machetes in mosques all the time,[/b]don't act like this is the worst thing you've heard.
Every Christian would condemn the action of this lady as unChristian but that doesn't give you the right to pass off Islam as some kind of tolerant religion when we know the truth.
Travel / Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by 0hsisi: 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@ohsisi
i can understand why someone would be extremely pissed off if they were not allowed to board due to overbooking BUT all airlines do it and the reason why they doing it is because of passengers holding tickets that are NO SHOW.
its either overbooking to make sure that all flights leave at full capacity or hiking the prices up. . . . . . . . which would you prefer?!

[b]as for the checking agent challenging your husband to a fist fight, i guess there must have been much more said (or done) than you're telling us. i have worked for AF and i have seen it a[/b]ll. when people learn that they wont get onboard/travel, THEY LOOSE THEIR GODDAM MINDS (especially people from 3rd world countries)!

Assuming there was even something said for the sake of arguments,a ticketing staff will push a customer?
Is that the training they gave you guys over there
To act like Adebibu's thugs?
Religion / Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2010
What she did was wrong,pure and simple
To dress up as a Muslim go the mosque to disrupt their service?
She must have a mental problem.
I'm surprised they didn't cut off her head,knowing how violent these Muslims can get
She's lucky to be alive and she'd better watch her back on that campus.
Culture / Re: Kneel Down And Feed Your Husband? by 0hsisi: 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
If it's Yoruba custom for a woman to kneel in her wedding gown to feed the husband a piece of cake,then let her kneel,it's just a few seconds anyway.
Why would you want to offend the elders around and perhaps start on the wrong footing with your new mother in law because of a simple harmless traditional gesture?
Is it worth it?
Igbo women kneel at the traditional wedding to offer the cup of wine to the husband
I did it
Every Igbo woman I know did it
It doesn't take a thing away
It is part of the traditional ceremony and that's about it.
The was the first and last time I knelt before him in public,the rest of the kneeling is done privately and I'm not complaining about that grin
Travel / Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by 0hsisi: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
I said it on this forum a couple of years ago,my family and I don't do Air France anymore
I label them the worst airline to Nigeria
They are very rude and classless.
I even suspect they serve expired,left over foods.
sometimes no ice for their drinks
On one of the trips,they overbooked for the return flight and some passengers were left stranded then at Charles De Gaulle, a ticketing agent pushed my husband and challenged him to a fisticuff while he asked simple questions.
He (the stoopid agent) should thank his lucky stars this was in Paris,had it been at Aba ,the man would have seen  serious stars, I had to calm my hubby down  because of course they were going to throw him in jail if he retaliated.
Having the nerve to challenge a man that was born and bred in Aba in that manner,God saved him we were in his territory.
That airline is full of agberos,even if they were dashing away free tickets,they won't see me there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 46 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.