Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

0hsisi's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0hsisi's Profile / 0hsisi's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 46 pages)

Politics / Re: Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk by 0hsisi: 2:30am On Aug 26, 2010
Becomrich0:

The issue it, nigeria govt should have a large sign at the airport which would state, you can not carry more than $10,000 , most nigerian do not know that. IN nigeria people carry large amount to travel because the system is not the same with the west.

You must back up those statements in maps
Nairaland / General / Re: If I See Anybody Modifying My Posts Again. . . . . . . . by 0hsisi: 1:29am On Aug 26, 2010
Beaf:

Ohsisi! I tink say you like me before. Kai!
My taste doesn't include winsh. . . but even if she spark, we are here to pour water na. grin

It does, now
Travel / Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by 0hsisi: 1:21am On Aug 26, 2010
kadman:

Even if she did, that wouldn't stop her from entering her own home country.

Perhaps you don't know that fraud is actually a criminal offence
Nairaland / General / Re: If I See Anybody Modifying My Posts Again. . . . . . . . by 0hsisi: 1:19am On Aug 26, 2010
Beaf:

I think I can cool off on this thread. cool
Tpia wagwan? grin

grin grin grin
Your woman don spark o
Nairaland / General / Re: If I See Anybody Modifying My Posts Again. . . . . . . . by 0hsisi: 1:15am On Aug 26, 2010
How won't they modify the rubbish you write?
This is a forum with rules
If you can't respect that, tough!

Do you think we want to read about all the means you're using to  attempt to tie down Aloy emeka and beaf?
At some point the moderators have to step down their foot and say enough is enough
Politics / Re: Delta Igbo by 0hsisi: 1:13am On Aug 26, 2010
These Igbo people have started again
Are going to die for you people?
Travel / Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by 0hsisi: 12:59am On Aug 26, 2010
I read the first post over again
He did use fake documents
He may have to kiss ever going to the UK goodbye
Crime never pays,I'm sure he's learnt a bitter lesson
Travel / Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by 0hsisi: 12:56am On Aug 26, 2010
hackneyDiv:

On my mothers life no. The look of surprise on my face when the consulate said the documents were fake. ButI have sturck by him through think and thin

Please don't swear,it's not necessary to do so,I believe you.
So the documents were not fake and they said they were fake?
If so,I wish you guys didn't close the application but protested the allegation.
You made yourselves appear guilty by having it closed.
I know this is not answering your question but maybe you should speak with an attorney in the UK
Family / Re: See Michelin Baby by 0hsisi: 12:46am On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

baby na baby. Better have a sumo baby than none.

a baby that may end up diabetic at one year old or with a massive heart attack
If he continues at that rate,he may not live beyond 10 years old
Travel / Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by 0hsisi: 12:43am On Aug 26, 2010
hackneyDiv:

So how does it affect me as British citizen. The offense was committed in Feb 2001. Yes he will be travelling on his Canadian passport

did you have a hand in the fraudulent documents?
Travel / Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by 0hsisi: 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
hackneyDiv:

Can anyone advise, I am british citizen living in Canada now. My hubby used fraudulant documents to apply for UK indefinite at an embassy in the USA about 9 years ago. The embassy advised us that the documents he produced were faked and later we closed the apllication Since then he is now a Canadian citizen and holds a good job there. We have two kids together. We want to visit UK in Dec, will the immigration officers let him enter. we are going for a week

There is a chance this may hurt him since the system will flag his name with his DOB as a fraudster.
He may be refused entry by immigration.
I'll advise you go without him
Travel a day ahead of him with the kids and fast and pray that his sins not find him out
If you guys go together and he's refused entry,that could affect you too
Celebrities / Re: Top 5 Most Annoying Naija Celebs by 0hsisi: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2010
Now who is bothering michelin in here?
who is doodles?
Family / Re: See Michelin Baby by 0hsisi: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2010
sophy09:

grin

This kid can't even sleep on the mum's chest to sleep, he will crush her to death grin

na wa!
That one na heavy load
Family / Re: See Michelin Baby by 0hsisi: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Meet the 'Michelin Baby': Chinese boy, 10 months, weighs the same as a six-year-old
By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
Last updated at 10:20 AM on 19th August 2010

A Chinese baby has become so chubby he now weighs the same as a six-year-old child.
Ten-month-old Lei Lei has been nicknamed the ‘Michelin Baby’ after tipping the scales at a whopping 20kg (3.1 stones).
According to his mother, Cheng Qingyu, her son was a normal weight at birth, but thanks to his ravenous appetite he has steadily ballooned since.

Chubby chops: Lei Lei weighs 20lbs but can just about be lifted up by his mother Cheng Qingyu

Hungry: Lei Lei, who was a normal weight at birth, loves to eat

She said: ‘No matter whatever he grabs, he unconsciously puts it in his mouth.
‘His most favourite thing is to eat.’
Lei Lei is currently in hospital in Yiyang, southern China’s Hunan province, where he is undergoing tests to see if there is a medical reason behind his weight gain.

All smiles: Lei Lei is currrently being observed in hospital to see if there is a medical explanation for his size
Despite his mammoth size, the portly youngster is not the largest baby in the world.
That accolade goes to Karan Singh, of Meerut, in India, who weighed an astonishing 3 stone 7lbs at the same age.

He's a grower: The portly youngster plays contentedly in his cot

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1304366/Chinese-Michelin-Baby-Lei-Lei-10-months-weighs-6-year-old.html#ixzz0xdMsESqn

See how his bum bum tore his shorts
Celebrities / Re: Whitney Houston's Beach Body! by 0hsisi: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
ikamefa:

grin grin

like i said i need to see some peoples pixs when they're in thier late 40s and 50s

They don't even have to do that
Let them show us a pic of their mother in a bikini
Politics / Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 2:15am On Aug 25, 2010
An impatient patience
Politics / Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 2:13am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

This woman is really power drunk. Even Stella wouldn't do this.

when she was busy getting panel beaten and buying assorted bleaching cream,did she know what was going on?
Celebrities / Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 0hsisi: 1:53am On Aug 25, 2010
I love Olu Jacobs,but for someone to call him less offensive to the eyes as in handsome
I need that emoticon that rolls on the ground while laughing.
grin grin grin grin grin

He is just a regular old man biko

Politics / Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 1:34am On Aug 25, 2010
Becomrich0:

What I get from her statement is that she is saying half of port harcourt is Okrika and the other half is Ikwerre. The north of the red land is Ikwerre , while the south is Okrika. This is what her statement means. I hope I make sense.

Must you give us your pictures?
What is all this ?
Can't you just leave these pictures off your posts or do you have it programmed such that any response you give is accompanied by an annoying picture?
TUFIAKWA!!
Politics / Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 1:32am On Aug 25, 2010
This is a woman that should have been locked up for embezzlement of funds in Bayelsa .
Nigeria is indeed a failed experiment.
Celebrities / Re: Top 5 Most Annoying Naija Celebs by 0hsisi: 1:27am On Aug 25, 2010
Why is everyone downing Emeka Ike
I like him a lot
I think he's a good actor
he's sorta handsome too
Celebrities / Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 0hsisi: 1:20am On Aug 25, 2010
Dis Guy:

considering he's been chosen to play those roles more than once[s] surely he must have been re-assured by the igbo producing as being the better candidate-[/s] afterall its all about what what will ATTRACT CUSTOMERS TO THE FILMS, THE IGBO PRODUCERS PROBABLY GET MORE SALES FEATURING OLU JACOBS TO SAY A BEARDED PORKY WHO HAS ONLY ONE ROLE- RITUALIST!

Maybe cheaper grin
Business is business grin
they'll soon use crepe bandage and tie down Mercy Johnson's bazookas  and cast her as Segun Arinze
Celebrities / Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 0hsisi: 1:17am On Aug 25, 2010
oge4real:

It does not matter who plays the roles, but it would be better if they learn how to at least pronounce the names of the people they claim  to be ruling.

My point summarized.

You can't act like a Pastor while dressed like a pi.mp grin
The same way you can't pronounce Igbo words like you were speaking Ijebu
Celebrities / Re: Top 5 Most Annoying Naija Celebs by 0hsisi: 2:58am On Aug 24, 2010
mbulela:

CHARLY BOY
KC PRESH
EMPRESS NJAMAH
JIM IYKE
TIMAYA

The first movie I saw that girl in,I thought it was a man in drag  i.e wearing female clothing
She looks very manish
Celebrities / Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 0hsisi: 2:54am On Aug 24, 2010
tpiah:

i dont see what the big deal is.

non-yoruba actors feature in yoruba movies all the time without anyone complaining.

likewise i watched morgan freeman in invictus and he was quite good.

so why the ruckus.

and wasnt idi amin portrayed by the AA guy.

That is not the point
A yoruba man fluent in Igbo would do
Olu Jacobs is not and so has no business acting as an Igwe when he'll be calling Nneka ,Ineka
Or Ngozi as UnGozi
and village of Umudioka like he was pronouncing something in Ekiti dialect
It is irritating for an Igbo person to watch
Celebrities / Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 0hsisi: 2:47am On Aug 24, 2010
nkilirox:

I have never thought that is was wrong for Olu Jacobs to play the role of an Igwe or any igbo character. However I have cringed while watching him in these roles. Something as simple as pronouncing common Igbo words correctly, he hasn't been able to master, and as an Igbo person it is glaringly obvious to me. Again if you read my initial response, I never said that Olu Jacobs shouldn't play these roles, rather he should put more effort into the little things like getting the right accents etc.  I don't think he's destroying Igbo culture, he just doesn't accurately represent it on film.  They're several non-Igbo actors that play Igbo characters well, Ini Edo comes to mind and several that don't, Van Vicker is one I already mentioned but one that is particularly irritating.

As far as the comparison to non-Yorubas in Yoruba films, the reason nobody complains is because they at least speak Yoruba properly and act like Yorubas in their respective roles.

Gbam!
Igbos are versatile
when an Igbo man is caste to play the role of a Yoruba man,you can be sure he is fluent in Yoruba and pronounces the words like one
Jegede Shokoya RIP of blessed memories acted in "masquerade",He is a full fledged Mbaise Man
Shehu,the Hausa man in Masquerade was also an Igbo man but was absolutely great
Madam Akpeno was a Calabar woman but she could pass for a crazy Ijebu woman grin while Giringory acted the part of a Calabar houseboy perfectly with the accent and all.

No one is saying Olu Jacobs should not act as an Igwe,but if he doesn't make efforts to pronounce the words like an Igbo man would or close to it,he should keep away from those roles.
It's as simple as that
Has nothing to do with tribalism
American actors are cast as Britons and french but they study to get the accents right
Olu Jacobs should be able to do same or he should stick to being a Professor or President with his Yoruba accent
Celebrities / Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 0hsisi: 2:39am On Aug 24, 2010
I agree with Pete here
Olu Jacobs is a fine actor but sucks in his Igbo Igwe roles
For one he can't pronounce the names,can't even pronounce his own names in the movies
It's very irritating for an Igbo person to watch a supposed Igwe butcher her language when the role could have easily been given to an Igbo man

I don't watch any movies where he's cast as an Igwe
Celebrities / Re: Top 5 Most Annoying Naija Celebs by 0hsisi: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2010
It has to be Tonto Dike and that irritating Nkiru Sylvanus
Even the name Nkiru Sylvanus is annoying enough.
I would pass over any movies they are in

I hate it when Olu Jacobs acts as an Igwe butchering Igbo names
Or when[b] Patience is cast in roles meant for a younger person[/b]
Then [b]when Nkem Owoh acts like a young man [/b]with his cap backwards and playing hip hop,I wanna puke
Very very annoying.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Venus And Serena Williams From Way Before! by 0hsisi: 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2010
who did that to them?
scary
Celebrities / Re: Whitney Houston's Beach Body! by 0hsisi: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2010
she's now in her 40's please.
she's still much better than most people's mamas in here
Celebrities / Re: Venus And Serena Williams From Way Before! by 0hsisi: 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2010
Jehovah!!
Romance / Re: Where Are The Quality Single Nigerian Men Hiding? by 0hsisi: 2:34am On Aug 22, 2010
davidylan:

lol i've experienced it myself. i no dey mind them at all.

I was at a wedding recently
This man was seriously searching for single men for his daughter in med school.
Meanwhile the groom at this wedding was imported straight from Naija for this American born Naija girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 46 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.