Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Fiance Says Am Fat. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Says Am Fat. (37296 Views)

Please Advice; My Best Friend's Fiance Says He Loves Me / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by kabukabu(m): 1:14am On Aug 19, 2010
definitely not fat

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by kabukabu(m): 1:17am On Aug 19, 2010
perhaps the loser boyfriend of yours wants this type

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 19, 2010
Those are the real thick girls.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 19, 2010
kabukabu:

perhaps the loser boyfriend of yours wants this type

Kabukabu dis one no be slim, na thinnnnn , skinny thinny girl,
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by kabukabu(m): 1:22am On Aug 19, 2010
Those are normal women,if you think that is fat you better find yourself a matchstick to marry or date.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 19, 2010
honeric01:

Babe, trust me, i am 100% in shape. cool

So am I baby! cool
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by vivaladiva(f): 1:23am On Aug 19, 2010
well maybe if u didnt drink so much fanta u wont be so fattttttt------just kiddding
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by adconline(m): 1:23am On Aug 19, 2010
U really want the truth? U cant handle the truth. Start looking for man who would always hide his feelings, he may appreciate your looks in your presence, but wishes that he would make out a slim/curvy next door. Is it better now he told so that you could call off the wedding or pretend that everything is OK and get hitched and wait for the same old problem to resurface?
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 1:24am On Aug 19, 2010
michelin89:

So am I baby! cool

I give you 9/10 cool

we rock right?

good night jare, can't keep my eyes open no longer embarassed
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by kabukabu(m): 1:24am On Aug 19, 2010
ditch the wack boyfriend or else you will live a life of constant abuse,find a guy that likes you for who you are.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by TewMuch: 1:27am On Aug 19, 2010
@ OP,
I know your self esteem has hit rock bottom, and you will feel worse by some of the comments made on this thread by kids.Just believe in yourself and ignore the people with senseless insulting comments.They are the same as your fiancee, so it shows you how immature that type of thinking is.Your post is for advice not insult.You will find the one for you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by kabukabu(m): 1:27am On Aug 19, 2010
this is a FAT woman,for those who don't know the difference. cool cool cool cool

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 19, 2010
kabukabu:

ditch the wack boyfriend or else you will live a life of constant abuse,find a guy that likes you for who you are.

d bf insn't a wack, abi u want make he marry girl wey no meet him criteria? even him frens say she too old, haba! some guys are heavy wackos without choice,  No choice, no life
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 19, 2010
kabukabu:

this is a FAT woman,for those who don't know the difference. cool cool cool cool

Dat one is obessed! spot d difference between obessed and fat, it doesn't pay to be dum.b
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by ladej(m): 1:32am On Aug 19, 2010
lowlah:

Every time i have tried to post stuff up it keeps disappearing on me, am just going to make it simple.
Babes i think if you have waited this long then you defo can wait for Mr right. I don't subscribe to people meeting and then he is already proposing. That already has raised an alarm in my head. I know its very easy for us to say leave him asap but its harder when we are wearing the shoes.

Even Pastor Bimbo Odukoya said there are no marriages made in heaven we only choose to make them work o, She also said when you start to dream you are married to a particular brother you should run far from him cos that's often the signs we use in saying God has spoken to us.

In the end the choice is yours but think about yourself first and be selfish in your decision. I recommend you read her book and you tube the singles thing she used to do during her life time.

December is really close so you need to think fast, A cancelled wedding is better than a failed marriage. As its your first am sure you don't want that.

All the best, cos you really need the wishes. xxxx
A cancelled wedding is better than a failed marriage[b] grin[/b] GBAM
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by ladej(m): 1:33am On Aug 19, 2010
theres a vast difference between a fat assed woman and a woman with a fat ass. @OP which one are you. the latter is much preferable
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by BOMANY: 1:45am On Aug 19, 2010
My friend, I know it is very difficult to call off the wedding plan and it will break your heart but I am afraid your avoidable problem now may become a night mare after marriage.
The point is that he does not appreciate your body which is the first thing to establish love connection. You have the right be concerned.
At least postpone the wedding till you get sure that everything is resolved. You appreciate his honesty, a good point to start. Despite you talked to him already without improvement, you deserve to do the last move to reconcile.
At least postpone the wedding till you get sure that everything is resolved. You appreciate his honesty, a good point to start.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Tinksh(f): 1:47am On Aug 19, 2010
I would tell him 'if he doesnt like it dont look at it, dont marry it' How unbelievably cruel to say his friends said your fat. Pleeeaaassseee size 12 is average!! If he cant exept you the way you are and listens to his friends over your feelings, trust me he will do the same in marriage. He will never stick up for you or defend you. Get out before its too late and let him find a skinny girl.

I was shocked though that you got engaged to him without meeting him or spending time with him first. Please girl step very carefully!!! I worry for you!!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 19, 2010
If the lady is Nigerian, I doubt her size 12 is average.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by chiogo(f): 1:56am On Aug 19, 2010
@poster, I won't tell you to cancel the marriage because you're most likely not going to. Many people won't. . .
Quick question though: What does being a Christian have to do with accepting his looks which are otherwise unsatisfactory to you? Obviously, he has his own flaws too in the looks department maybe it's time you told him too.

I can tell you one thing though, any relationship whereby your partner makes you feel uncomfortable about your image, body or whatnot, is probably starting on a wrong foot. People should marry people they're attracted to, call it superficial, doesn't mean their spouse is Denzel or Beyonce in the actual sense but to them, they are. Are you willing to bend over backwards and take his constant verbal abuse for life?
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by kabukabu(m): 1:57am On Aug 19, 2010
what.lyf:

Dat one is obessed! spot d difference between obessed and fat, it doesn't pay to be dum.b

Obese not "obsessed" stupid goat herder
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by occam(m): 2:19am On Aug 19, 2010
chiogo:

@poster, I won't tell you to cancel the marriage because you're most likely not going to. Many people won't. . .
Quick question though: What does being a Christian have to do with accepting his looks which are otherwise unsatisfactory to you? Obviously, he has his own flaws too in the looks department maybe it's time you told him too.

I can tell you one thing though, any relationship whereby your partner makes you feel uncomfortable about your image, body or whatnot, is probably starting on a wrong foot. People should marry people they're attracted to, call it superficial, doesn't mean their spouse is Denzel or Beyonce in the actual sense but to them, they are. Are you willing to bend over backwards and take his constant verbal abuse for life?

hmmn! oro agba (words of wisdom) @poster, this is the simple truth
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Hotstepper(f): 2:22am On Aug 19, 2010
@davidylan, plz after one year of schooling in Canada, international students are not entitled to permanent residency. They are allowed to work off campus after completing two academic semesters (6-8 months), It is after graduating nd working for a year that International Students can apply for permanent resident and there is no guarantee that the person will get it.

To the poster, talk to your man about it. he should be encouraging you nd not putting pressure on you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Outstrip(f): 2:38am On Aug 19, 2010
This is my honest opinion. Call of the wedding. Your fiance not liking the way you look is even far from the issue. Things like his friends laughing at him about his fiance and then him putting pressure on you for that reason are some of the things that make me uncomfortable. He is not ready to be a man.
His friends being comfortable enough to call his wife to be fat to his face shows that they do not even respect him as a person and yet he calls them friends. A broken engagement is better than and unhappy or broken marriage. Just my own opinion
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by sandysprax(m): 2:45am On Aug 19, 2010
wow! my story is kindda similar to urs, only am in the guys shoes.i used to dislike my girl's size.i kept hammering on it up to a point where i realised she might probably be hurting emotionally, so i decided to stop and learned to take her as she is.my friends also used to say that she looked older than myself and all those criticisms.But i stuck to her cos i loved her.what am saying is that u should let him know what u r going thru and if he truely loves u, he'll let the sleeping dog lie.Best of luck
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Oba234: 3:05am On Aug 19, 2010
^^^^^ he said it all. Just let him know and if he loves you he will take into consideration your feelings, if he doesn't change, maybe he is not the guy for you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by BOMANY: 3:10am On Aug 19, 2010
Frankly, my wife has a full figure body, after marriage she added weight, as usual. I encouraged her to exercise but when I felt that the issue was disturbing her emotionally, I emphasized that I love her unconditionally, which is true. Moreover, the first thing attracted me is her full figure body and if she was a slim I would not fall in love with her.

Conclusion: men are various in their trends to the weight issue. If your man is not attracted generally to your size or to your body figure, cancel the marriage immediately. It means he is after something else not really love. Let's speak frankly, when you meet together, does he appreciate definite parts of your body, if he does, it means there is a chance with him to not give up with him. But if he doesn’t express attraction to any of your body, I am afraid that you has to drop him.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by BOMANY: 3:13am On Aug 19, 2010
sandysprax:

wow! my story is kindda similar to urs, only am in the guys shoes.i used to dislike my girl's size.i kept hammering on it up to a point where i realised she might probably be hurting emotionally, so i decided to stop and learned to take her as she is.my friends also used to say that she looked older than myself and all those criticisms.But i stuck to her cos i loved her.what am saying is that u should let him know what u r going thru and if he truely loves u, he'll let the sleeping dog lie.Best of luck

That is what we r talking about wink wink
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by darlforme: 3:21am On Aug 19, 2010
Free that Guy asap. I swear you are only getting the intro now, when u get married u go tire. Obviously he has some kinda shape of girls he likes very much and he will keep putting a lot of pressure on you to reduce and in that case you will not even be comfortable with your husband around you because you dont know the next he will say. So think am abeg.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by CyberG: 3:55am On Aug 19, 2010
Fanta. . .hope you read this and let she who has an ear hear what the omen says to the bride to be: This upcoming marriage is already in danger. If you get married, my guess is both of you will live in Canada. You know what that means? After all the expense, time and commitment you have put into the marriage project, this guy will surely be going after other kind of girls when he is here and he has less to lose. Where do you live in Canada? A guy can go to a party and be in a room with a ton of girls of all fancy shapes, color and sizes and a good number of then want a man.

He will not be able to "survive" the temptation to talk to one of these girls. It is not a matter of "if", it is that of "when". So, give this marriage one more big thought and talk to him, then go with what your heart and brains agree about the issue. Most honest guys will admit that what we see with our eyes (talking about women) could turn us on sexually and captivate our attention and interest. If any one of these ladies (and he doesn't need all, just ONE or a few equally interested ladies) will be enough to do the "damage".

It may be hard to find a good man (the kind you really want) in your immediate environment in Canada but there are good men for sure. Someone you can see and relate with more often is better than someone you have seen and been with less than 10 times, so you can really know him. Most Naija guys will do anything to hook a girl who lives in a good place abroad, so except you plan to live in Nigeria for a long time with him, you need to check this whole thing again!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Tosinville(m): 3:55am On Aug 19, 2010
Well its a fuk up if d groom can't carry his bride after cuttin d weddin cake jus because of d FATimo livin wit his wifey so i didn't blame him either but due to her post then i think she shld 4get him nd focus on a man who'll be proud of her in every ways cos 1 man's thrash is another man's treasure but 4 me i like thick girls like Jasmine Sullivan size.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by 0hsisi: 4:14am On Aug 19, 2010
@ the poster
Take this as an advise from an aunt or elder sister who has been married a while.
When people show you who they are,please take them for who they are
This man at courtship has given you a taste of what to expect in marriage
You are already miserable before walking down the aisle and you expect marital bliss
Most marriages that broke down along the way started with 2 people who were crazy in love with each other and this one is already shaky before it began.
I advise you to flee !!
I guarantee you,you'll never be good enough for this man and you'll die trying,this is your perfect opportunity to gerrout.
No body should have the power to make you miserable.

what to do

1.Call him,tell him you're not comfortable with all the pressure he's putting on you and that he ought to give you some time to think things through ( a humane way to say,"get lost"wink don't allow him to manipulate or sweet talk you,practice your responses to his nice gestures,too late,don't give him a chance,insist on your initial stand and don't spend too much time on that phone call.
Pass on the relevant information and say goodbye.

Meanwhile

[b]2.[/b]Put yourself back in the market and hopefully a man will come along who loves you for who you are not for what  he's expecting you to be.
A size 12 or 14 can be sexy.
Get clothes that look good on you ,carry yourself with confidence,the men will will come at your feet.

Wish you the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? / Man Wails Bitterly After His Girlfriend Of Six Years Dumped Him | Video / When A Girl You Are Wooing Says This To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.